PDA

View Full Version : First Person View in Watch Dogs

hztn
05-14-2013, 04:53 AM
I love the olldschool shooters, and I simply cannot play with the Third Person View (T.P.V.) games. I found "flying camera" boring and unplayable. That is why i didn't play Assassins series, Batman, Max Payne 3 and some other games.
I'd posted this idea on other forums, and many people say something similar mention, that is why I'm here. I want First Person View (F.P.V.) in Watch Dogs!

It would be great if game had an gameplay option switching with the views. Of course, using the T.P.V.. in the scripted cutscenes.

Some other games has the adjustable T.P.V. camera, which allowed to minimize the distance to player's model head. It is close to F.P.V, and a little bit playable, as for me.
As example, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series games had the optional Third Person View, switched with the F1-F3 buttons and adjustable camera distance +/-. (And a viewing zenith angle deeply in resources.)

PS, Max Payne 1/2 had F.P.V. mods, and it would be great if Watch Dogs had it as ingame option.

(sry, not perfect engRish)

GuZZ33
05-14-2013, 08:19 PM
I simply cannot play with the Third Person View.That's a shame imho, i love first person shooters but some games really suit the third person perspective, i like to look at the gear and kit the character wears and the animations, Splinter Cell is so good in third person view and even better now the animations are smoother. But i see what you mean, not sure how difficult it would be to be able to have the option of switching between first person weapon view and third person view in the development of Watch_Dogs?, it's quite fast paced during the chase scenes and i suspect first person view might be at odds?, although mirrors edge did quite well in first person but in third person (third person mod) it looked rubbish and way too stiff. You could maybe ask in this thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/767968-UbiNik-s-Official-Watch_Dogs-Q-amp-A-Thread!

pacmanate
05-14-2013, 09:57 PM
That's a shame imho, i love first person shooters but some games really suit the third person perspective, i like to look at the gear and kit the character wears and the animations, Splinter Cell is so good in third person view and even better now the animations are smoother. But i see what you mean, not sure how difficult it would be to be able to have the option of switching between first person weapon view and third person view in the development of Watch_Dogs?, it's quite fast paced during the chase scenes and i suspect first person view might be at odds?, although mirrors edge did quite well in first person but in third person (third person mod) it looked rubbish and way too stiff. You could maybe ask in this thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/767968-UbiNik-s-Official-Watch_Dogs-Q-amp-A-Thread!

Agreed, some games are just meant to be third person. Especially open world games... You really get to see the lovely animations of the character in 3rd person, not to mention a great field of view infront and behind your character.

hztn
05-15-2013, 02:58 PM
- I like to watch big open world with the high FOV, and in FarCry3 I'd FOV over 90, and everything was just perfect. I like to watch The World, but not the character model on it, and his animations - that's all.
i do not care to other game types, like fightings, role games, and other console crap - i love the first person shooters.
- In first FarCry, during the transport handling, switching between first person and third person views was simply and fast, there is no serious technically problem, imho.

PS, I'm not the only one guy who want switching, there is (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/767408-First-person-perspective) similar topic, so maybe soon it'll be deleted. Or joined.

K-O-R-2-B
03-26-2014, 11:43 PM
i dont mind either way first person or third person, but what annoys me is the off set angle of the camera view a handful of games have had it without the option to change it and now looks like watch dogs has it. can anyone find out if its possible to change the camera angle or view, otherwise it will be a massive disappointment. its annoying when you see more on one side to the other, why cant it be in the middle or an option to change it

Kagurra
03-27-2014, 02:08 AM
Are you serious...?

No, you can't possibly be serious. Of course not.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-28-2014, 07:00 AM
i do not care to other game types, like fightings, role games, and other console crap - i love the first person shooters.

"Other console crap." lolok then. They're not crap just because you're apparently incapable of playing a third person game.

rcole_sooner
03-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Yes, I prefer FPS (i.e. Far Cry), but if done well I will settle for TPS. I prefer a female protagonist in a TPS (i.e. Tomb Raider), but again will take what is available.

A good story and game play trump most other things.

xMiiSTY
03-28-2014, 05:09 PM
First person is definitely my view of choice, but I also like third person as well! I guess it's just personal preference. However, if you have not played a lot of third person type games, I would suggest trying it! You might be surprised to find that you like it... :)

Agreed, some games are just meant to be third person. Especially open world games... You really get to see the lovely animations of the character in 3rd person, not to mention a great field of view infront and behind your character.

I agree!

mattyink
03-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Not sure first person would work great with a cover base system similar to GOW Uncharted and the likes which WD seems to look like.
The other guy is right, for these kinda games its way better 3rd person view.

mattyink
03-28-2014, 05:19 PM
- I like to watch big open world with the high FOV, and in FarCry3 I'd FOV over 90, and everything was just perfect. I like to watch The World, but not the character model on it, and his animations - that's all.
- In first FarCry, during the transport handling, switching between first person and third person views was simply and fast, there is no serious technically problem, imho.

PS, I'm not the only one guy who want switching, there is (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/767408-First-person-perspective) similar topic, so maybe soon it'll be deleted. Or joined.

Then you better find another game to play because WD isnt a FPS at all.....

rcole_sooner
03-28-2014, 06:48 PM
Far Cry and Crysis are cover/stealth based and FPS, and they work great.

I loves me some Far Cry and Crysis. :D

Kagurra
03-29-2014, 12:51 AM
Lol, why are you guys even debating this? One of the top 5 most ridiculous gaming situations/opinions I've ever heard.

You don't like TPS, okay, sure, I can deal with that. But to ask developers to add in an FPS option after like 5 years of dev time of pure third person is just silly.

RealHawxy
03-29-2014, 03:48 AM
Maybe just find a different game to play.

Freesoul22
03-29-2014, 09:15 PM
I like the immersion in a game, and as far as I know I don't have eyes behind my head...

3rd Person view imo is for kids (easier) or console gamers mostly because most of their games don't use first person view, and when they have both options they use 3rd...
1st person view is not for everybody, it's harder to play that way since you don't see what's coming behind and on the sides just like in real life, so I guess Ubisoft thought the same way, such a shame because open world games are more immersive and challenging in 1st person.

Memory_Kill
03-29-2014, 09:46 PM
I like the immersion in a game, and as far as I know I don't have eyes behind my head...

3rd Person view imo is for kids (easier) or console gamers mostly because most of their games don't use first person view, and when they have both options they use 3rd...
1st person view is not for everybody, it's harder to play that way since you don't see what's coming behind and on the sides just like in real life, so I guess Ubisoft thought the same way, such a shame because open world games are more immersive and challenging in 1st person.

You're entitled to your opinion but...what the actual F*ck?

So what are saying...you're saying:

All Metal Gear Solid games are for kids and not immersive (15-18+)
All GTA games are for kids + not immersive(18+)
All MAFIA games are for kids + not immersive (18+)
All Assassins games are for kids and not immersive (15-18+)

How exactly is 3rd person easier than 1st person? And why are they easy kiddy games? The above games are not easy, nor are they for kids.

Ratchet and Clank series is a fantastic 3rd person series, would of it been better 1st person? NO. Same with GTA, Metal Gear, Assasins Creed and many many more.

Now, which games are SUITABLE for first person? Half Life, Far Cry, Military Shoot em ups, etc etc. All games i've mentioned are some of the best to grace our earth, Watchdogs (18+ ADULT game also lets not forget) would not be more immersive in first person, nor would it even SUIT first person, you can be just as immersed behind a character in than you can in front, look as Mass Effect, would that of been "better" in first person? Possibly...would Skyrim or Morrowind or Oblivion be WORSE if they were only 3rd person? Hell no. Not at all.

Then we look at racing games, should all racing games ONLY have cockpit view? Would this be fun? Would Forza, NFS, GT, TOCA, GRID, etc etc be better games if they were only cockpit/first person? No, they would suck, it's a game.

There is no denying certain games are better suited for first person, like shooters, or open world RPGs like Elder Scrolls, but to say games in 3rd person are less immersive and not as challenging or kiddy or "crap" as you put it, is false beyond all meaning of the word. AC4 Black Flag would be stupid and hard as balls if it was first person...jeez, plus it would just "feel" wrong.

As for Mirrors Edge, IMHO that should of been 3rd person.

This debate could go on all day, but frankly, I think your points go without merit, especially with all the 18+ top notch games mentioned.

Back onto Watch Dogs, I'd love to see a sensible arguement FOR it being more immersive and apparently "more challenging and less kiddy" because so far i've seen none.

Kagurra
03-30-2014, 09:05 PM

Gtfo troll.

ZepG
04-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Gtfo troll.
How is he a troll for being correct. The only 3rd person games I owned were party based rpg's. I love the 1st person Thief games but would never put Assasins Creed crap on my hd. If this game was 1st person I would have it pre-ordered already, as it isn't I have no interest in this game. Keep 3rd person gaming on the kiddie consoles and let the PC players enjoy 1st person.

fishers1989
04-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Perspective is a matter of situational awareness, not platform-centricism. If you want a game like that then go to school and learn how to make video games, don't dictate how others should play.

Mr_Shade
04-23-2014, 07:08 PM
Guys, lets not start in fighting..

The game is 3rd person due to the need for situational awareness - it's not due to the format - rather the style of gameplay and the need to be able to see more of the area around you.

While there maybe call for first person during driving, the core gameplay is likely to remain 3rd person.

Clannsman
04-23-2014, 07:18 PM
Skyrim and Fallout offer seamless 1st and 3rd person views, any different to this is imo behind the times....its nice to occationaly see your character and gear, but for everything else 1st person is far superior and more immersive...

I want to feel IM in the city not playing a another guy who is!!!!

Aethiuss
04-24-2014, 01:58 PM
1st person?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Martythemerc
04-24-2014, 04:01 PM
I was highly immersed in FP Far Cry 2 ( I hated 3), but oddly enough, I was also immersed in the landscape and play with Red Dead Redemption in the third person, so I'm hoping, from what I see, I'll do fine in WD. It would be interesting if you could toggle between first and third, and maybe they'll consider that in Watch Dogs 2.

mattyink
04-24-2014, 04:36 PM
Skyrim and Fallout offer seamless 1st and 3rd person views, any different to this is imo behind the times....its nice to occationaly see your character and gear, but for everything else 1st person is far superior and more immersive...

Yeah but i always felt it was clunky playing An Elders scrolls game in 3rd person. The animation are also always stiff.
What i dont get tho is how you expect to use cover in 1st person view. If you crouch behind a car or barricade how you do expect to hack things you can see or plan your strategy. 3rd person view you can cober but are aware of your surroundings.

D_cover
04-24-2014, 05:23 PM
With the game so close to release I doubt the developers would add first person I doubt they intend to in the future with the amount of effort they have put into innovating animations like having Aiden convincingly put his hands into his coat pockets and walk, run and jump so fluently and realistically.

A mod is your best option.

Clannsman
04-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Yeah but i always felt it was clunky playing An Elders scrolls game in 3rd person. The animation are also always stiff.
What i dont get tho is how you expect to use cover in 1st person view. If you crouch behind a car or barricade how you do expect to hack things you can see or plan your strategy. 3rd person view you can cober but are aware of your surroundings.

Thats kind of my point though matty, ducking behind cover in first person is as easy as using a crouch button....do it all the time in Skyrim / Fallout, the fact you cant see much behind something gives it a real feeling....i would always plan my strategy before action anyway, and of course you can hack cameras to view your surroundings at any time.

But basically as said, if they had included both 1st and 3rd person views then everyone is happy.....as i've previously mentioned "Options are the key to pleasing everyone"

xMiiSTY
04-24-2014, 09:59 PM
1st person?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Heheh

dragoy
04-24-2014, 11:37 PM
I feel sorry for the op, all the great games that they have missed out on, dragon age, mass effect, deus ex etc.

jeffies04
04-25-2014, 05:32 AM
I love 3rd person when the animations are great like in Assassins Creed. When it's poorly done and the character hovers around or has sliding feet syndrome it breaks the immersion for me. It's all preference and third person is best to see your surroundings.

I'll agree it's late in the game. They're not going to rip open the entire system at this point and start tinkering with the core functionality.

ZepG
04-25-2014, 04:00 PM

Exactly my point, I had a character in Skyrim that I had around 300 hours of play time and only looked at him in 3rd person a few times to see my armor but never ran around or rode a horse in 3rd person. I don't care if others play in 3rd I just think we should have the options for both.

xMiiSTY
04-25-2014, 08:18 PM
Exactly my point, I had a character in Skyrim that I had around 300 hours of play time and only looked at him in 3rd person a few times to see my armor but never ran around or rode a horse in 3rd person. I don't care if others play in 3rd I just think we should have the options for both.

I completely understand your point. However, a lot of third person POV games that can switch between third person and first person are MMO's. Watch_Dogs is not an MMO. With that being said if enough players express their interest in a third person AND first person POV option, I'm sure they will review it. :)

mattyink
04-26-2014, 06:54 AM
I just really dont see how it would work. Refer to any gameplay vid. Like that 14min gameplay vid from a month ago....
When Aiden is on a roof crouched behing cover. In 3rd person you see all your surroundigs. You can be hidden but hack everythig on screen. That same scene in first person......
You crouch behing that raised trap and then what? The whole screen is a close up of that trap you cant see sh!t!!

Clannsman
04-26-2014, 02:18 PM
I just really dont see how it would work. Refer to any gameplay vid. Like that 14min gameplay vid from a month ago....
When Aiden is on a roof crouched behing cover. In 3rd person you see all your surroundigs. You can be hidden but hack everythig on screen. That same scene in first person......
You crouch behing that raised trap and then what? The whole screen is a close up of that trap you cant see sh!t!!

Well there's two ways that can solved, the 'real' way, which is you come up from behind the trap..hack something then duck behind again. Or the gamy way, where if you have already seen those hackable objects they can superimpose those hacking points on your screen...as if in a hud type format.

But of course the real and best way to solve this issue is as previously metioned....you have the option to zoom in and out of 1st / 3rd person, thus when your walking around, in combat..driving etc etc you can use 1st person for realism, but when in a situation where both cover and beyond visual hacking ability is required you can use 3rd......now everyone is happy..

Options are the key!!

fishers1989
04-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Everyone except the guy who has to devise and bugtest it for about 3 months.

Clannsman
04-26-2014, 08:17 PM
Everyone except the guy who has to devise and bugtest it for about 3 months.

Well sure, but then im of the opinion it should have been in form the off..

atamotua
05-27-2014, 05:31 PM
I hope game developers will read this.
1) I agree with the original poster about the TPV and FPV - WatchDogs and any other game should all be FIRST person view (Third Person View should be optional, IFF)... how many of you like to walk around in an intense action scene with a HUGE GUY in front of you? how realistic is that?
2) And related to the Third Person View, because of it, the guy SPINS in a circle, instead of simply ROTATE on his own axis... this is annoying as crap... slows things down and makes it very hard to walk to an precise location quick...
3) Driving on PC keyboard at least, SUCKS... vehicle accelerates like crazy as soon as you press forward, hard to control - then the vehicle wobbles when you stear, it's worse than a boat... I mean if you're gonna make the game depend on driving in tight spots, why make it close to impossible to control ?
4) Mouse sensitivity - oh boy... it takes 3-4 rotations of the mouse to get from side to side of the screen...
5) Spider Mode should be allowed any time and ‘permanent’ not just as a mini game.

I'm one of the few complaining about these issues...
And so far WatchDogs is very close to a glorified version of GTA...

Mike

SlipstreamGB
05-28-2014, 08:11 AM
When I first saw the trailers for Watchdogs, I thought it looked fantastic - then I found there was no first person view.

It's not a matter of 'disliking' third person, it simply does not allow me to become absorbed in a game.
I own quite a few big-name games that turned out to be third person only, and I've never managed to stick with any one more than a couple of hours.

By comparison, I've clocked up hundreds (or possibly thousands) of hours in each of many first person games, going right back to when Doom first appeared.

In other words - PLEASE add first person view.

xCHEMISTx
05-28-2014, 08:24 AM
I like to be able to zoom out a bit personally. You have a few options when driving a car but yea definitely could use some more camera angles when your playing as Aiden Pearce.

GibbzyE5
05-28-2014, 10:08 AM
I agree with the person that said FPV wouldn't work with the cover system. The thing I like is getting into a car and seeing the FPV. I have been waiting for this in an open world game. Nice addition, very impressed.

klorbon
08-15-2014, 03:02 PM
I agree with the person that said FPV wouldn't work with the cover system. The thing I like is getting into a car and seeing the FPV. I have been waiting for this in an open world game. Nice addition, very impressed.

I don't like cover systems in games, in many games it gets in the way of normal crouching / taking cover. I prefer to hide behind things manually and not snap my character to walls.

I've been replaying Red Faction Armageddon in 1st person with a mod and it's much more enjoyable now, what with a higher FOV as bonus, you feel more part of the action and can look at the level and objects up close. I recently discovered Guerrilla was originally 1st person but then someone chimed in saying 3rd would be better and even though most of the team behind the game didn't like the change it was done. Luckily I found the game enjoyable enough ignore the view, at least one can get a higher fov with modding. I've been in contact with someone who was working on a 1st person mod for Guerrilla, i hope to get a copy of his wip mod sometime.

I've also been playing GTA IV with the 1st person mod and it's pretty good, especially driving and exploring the city, and having the ability to switch between views with a simple key press is just great.

I just wish more games had both views, 007 blood stone would've been good wit 1st person, the cover system was rubbish in that. Dead Space series had the most annoying view, up close over the shoulder, i found working my way through those games annoying.

simule2385
01-28-2015, 08:57 PM
I'm happy to announce I've made a first person mod for watch dogs pc. I don't have it up yet but hopefully some time in the next couple of weeks I will. You can't see the weapons in your hand because if I made the camera view where you can, it clips the arms halfway. But it does have Field of view blur working perfectly at all times, and stays in first person while running, leaping over walls, and crouching, but I think I'll revert the crouching back to 3rd person because the walls clip and it's harder to see what you're shooting at. I play the game using Nvidia 3D Stereo drivers so in First Person in 3D it looks incredible. When I have a link up I will post it here with youtube video previews.

MrKorn14
02-09-2015, 05:13 PM
Mr_Shade, I think what he means is switching bwtween the two (first person and third person together- your choice)

simule2385
03-25-2015, 08:17 PM
I finished the mod a long time ago, haven't uploaded it yet. Hopefully in the next week I'll get it done.

simule2385
04-26-2015, 07:49 PM
The Watch Dogs First Person Mod PC is Finally Uploaded, sorry it took so long everybody... http://www.megafileupload.com/1PqF/Game_Hunter_s_Watch_Dogs_First_Person_Mod.rar
You need a program like 7zip or WinRar to open the file. All instructions are in .rar file in .txt format.

For Thread
http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/707-Watch-Dogs-PC-Discussion

http://s15.postimg.org/4kh75cdij/mpc_hc_2015_04_16_10_22_03_40.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/ilxs4n6gb/watch_dogs_2015_04_16_10_08_20_16.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/4lr4yrfcb/watch_dogs_2015_04_16_10_08_45_51.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/771b00u3v/watch_dogs_2015_04_16_10_09_42_04.jpg

eddiehomes
05-25-2015, 06:18 AM
I liked both the first person and third person. But I have more inclination towards third person.

useful resource (http://www.instant-gaming.com/fr/639-acheter-cle-battlenet-heroes-of-the-storm/)

SZLISZE
05-25-2015, 11:32 PM
If often fails, but really the only FPS sort I liked was Deus Ex HR DC. It depends how it;s used really.