PDA

View Full Version : Please allow us to remove Edward's weapons in AC4

projectpat06
05-13-2013, 07:06 PM
Ubisoft,

Please give us a place, most likely on Edward's ship in his cabin, where we can remove and customize the weapons in his arsenal. If there is a weapon such as a a knife or one of the swords or the blow pipe etc that we wish to not bring with us while on a mission or out exploring, please just give us the simple option to remove it instead of just replacing it.

For example, I would like to not always have the blowpipe on edward's back once I acquire it.
http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/05/Assassins-Creed-4-3.jpg

Please share your thoughts and opinions

Billiam301
05-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Hell yes! I want to be able to choose which weapons I want to carry with me :)

tinrisky
05-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Edward would look nice without anything on him because he doesn't have any holsters or sheathes. Just give me the hidden blade.

ACfan443
05-13-2013, 07:45 PM
http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/05/Assassins-Creed-4-3.jpg

Just noticed after taking a closer look how stupid those weapons look just stuck on him like that.

jayjay275
05-13-2013, 07:46 PM
What if you forget something?

ProletariatPleb
05-13-2013, 07:49 PM
What if you forget something?
Then it was your fault?

jayjay275
05-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Then it was your fault?

But what if I don't want to waste time equipping and un-equipping, unless you can store it in your inventory rather than a den or the ship.

ProletariatPleb
05-13-2013, 07:56 PM
But what if I don't want to waste time equipping and un-equipping, unless you can store it in your inventory rather than a den or the ship.
That's fine too.

jayjay275
05-13-2013, 07:58 PM
That's fine too.

Ah, ok. :)

SixKeys
05-13-2013, 07:58 PM
There have always been enough blacksmiths around on every corner in past games, and with fast travel getting to them should be even easier. If you forget something, it's no trouble to run up to one and equip what you need.

projectpat06
05-13-2013, 08:00 PM

You inventory is what would be on you at the given time even if you're not using it so the weapons we don't want attached would still show up

jayjay275
05-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Ok, I get it now xD

projectpat06
05-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Ok, I get it now xD

It's not really something that's a must. It's just a luxury option for players who want it either for more of a challenge changing up the gameplay or just for the look of the character. But with the jackdaw being close by or with the ability to always fast travel to it. It shouldn't be too much of a hassle for players you realize oh crap, I may need this weapon. I think we should be required to carry a melee weapon like the hidden blades and a long range weapon such as one pistol, blowdarts, musket?, throwing knives, etc

jayjay275
05-13-2013, 08:09 PM
It's not really something that's a must. It's just a luxury option for players who want it either for more of a challenge changing up the gameplay or just for the look of the character. But with the jackdaw being close by or with the ability to always fast travel to it. It shouldn't be too much of a hassle for players you realize oh crap, I may need this weapon. I think we should be required to carry a melee weapon like the hidden blades and a long range weapon such as one pistol, blowdarts, musket?, throwing knives, etc

So like removing armour could've been a function in the previous games.

projectpat06
05-13-2013, 08:17 PM
So like removing armour could've been a function in the previous games.

exactly.

lothario-da-be
05-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Let me remove that blowpipe, please ubi its all i ask.

Bastiaen
05-13-2013, 09:58 PM
I feel like the blowpipe should be collapsable and not mounted on his back. It belongs elsewhere, like in his jacket, or hanging at his waist, like Aveline's.

prince162010
05-13-2013, 11:41 PM
There must be a holsters and sheathes for Edward to carry his weapons, look at the blowpipe it looks stuck in edward's back :mad: , it's a serious problem if edward remains like this in the final game . you must pay attention to this thing Ubi

montagemik
05-13-2013, 11:52 PM
There must be a holsters and sheathes for Edward to carry his weapons, look at the blowpipe it looks stuck in edward's back :mad: , it's a serious problem if edward remains like this in the final game

It's an acceptable graphical element cutback in current gen, given the gamescale they're aiming for - It would be an embarrassing oversight on Next gen given the polish they claim it will allow for.

LoyalACFan
05-14-2013, 12:00 AM
I already had a petition going around for holsters... that would fix the problem entirely IMO.

Off-topic, but where did that screenshot come from, OP? Did they release a new batch of them recently?

GreySkellig
05-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Reeeeally gonna be irritated if they don't give Edward holsters for his pistols/blowgun. It looks horrible, and it shouldn't be hard to do. Even if they want to say it's too late in the process at this point (and it may well be), there should never have been a point in the development process at which holsters were not included. It's lazy and looks bad.

pacmanate
05-14-2013, 04:27 PM
Yes! PLEASE!

Also, I understand the whole no sheath thing. Its because they have too many weapons of different sizes so they would have to make a sheath for every weapon which is obviously too much hassle.

Sushiglutton
05-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Sure why not? I wouldn't remove the blowpipe myself as it has unique tactical features (I guess). In AC3 every time I accidently picked up a big axe (that looked real siily) I had to find a guard so that I could leave it in his skull. Would have been nice to have some kind of drop feature.

ProletariatPleb
05-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Yes! PLEASE!

Also, I understand the whole no sheath thing. Its because they have too many weapons of different sizes so they would have to make a sheath for every weapon which is obviously too much hassle.
Yes a team of a few hundred people cannot make sheaths for 5-6 swords -_-

pacmanate
05-14-2013, 06:10 PM
look at the poll results. TAKE NOTE UBISOFT

I dont want to go through the game holding things I am not going to use.

True_Assassin92
05-14-2013, 06:54 PM
There are so many little things they should add. Another thing that would be cool is that if we were to get a cape/cloak we should be able to instantly detach it and let it drop on it the ground. For example if we swim with it and we would like to run or chase someone while it's still soaked then it would just slow us down. It would be cool to just detach and remove it. You'd have to buy a new one later though.

lothario-da-be
05-14-2013, 07:01 PM
There are so many little things they should add. Another thing that would be cool is that if we were to get a cape/cloak we should be able to instantly detach it and let it drop on it the ground. For example if we swim with it and we would like to run or chase someone while it's still soaked then it would just slow us down. It would be cool to just detach and remove it. You'd have to buy a new one later though.
And what if it doesn't slow you down?

Aphex_Tim
05-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Indeed I don't see why Edward can't have holsters.
Connor had holsters and AC3 had tons of different pistols.

True_Assassin92
05-14-2013, 07:20 PM
And what if it doesn't slow you down?

yea physics have been twharted a lot in the AC universe, but then again it would be cool to drop it. It are simple things that should have been in the game a long time ago :)

prince162010
05-14-2013, 07:25 PM
does this thread pay attention of Ubi?.... i hope so :rolleyes:

AssassinHMS
05-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Yes a team of a few hundred people cannot make sheaths for 5-6 swords -_-

It's hard to do that when they feel the need to brag about the size of the world ("The frontier is 3 times the size of Rome in ACB!") or when they have to focus on all those "important" features (such as naval gameplay or hunting) that are the new core elements of the franchise. Besides, the devs know that a game that does a lot of mediocre things (and a few awful) is much better than a simple, but good game about the assassin's creed.

lothario-da-be
05-14-2013, 07:45 PM
yea physics have been twharted a lot in the AC universe, but then again it would be cool to drop it. It are simple things that should have been in the game a long time ago :)
Such things won't be in ac4 i think, because its also released on current gen. But ac5 ;)

Landruner
10-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Well,:mad: it seems that they didn't listen this time and later.

phoenix-force411
10-27-2013, 05:55 PM
I never really use Connor's longbow anyways. I hate having it on my back constantly. Edward's arsenal isn't entirely distracting. I can live with it, but I would still like to remove them. They add in more things to have and equip, but less options to actually remove it.

Landruner
10-27-2013, 06:04 PM
I never really use Connor's longbow anyways. I hate having it on my back constantly. Edward's arsenal isn't entirely distracting. I can live with it, but I would still like to remove them. They add in more things to have and equip, but less options to actually remove it.

That is what it was about I believe: Let the player chooses the weapon he wants to carry - You don't want to use the bow, take the blow pipe, you don't want a blow pipe take a crossbow, you don't want the crossbow, take a musket or noting - the same for the rest of the arsenal.

Wolfmeister1010
10-27-2013, 06:07 PM
There have always been glitches to exploit to get certain weapons off in AC games, I am sure there are for AC4 as well.

Landruner
10-27-2013, 07:41 PM
There have always been glitches to exploit to get certain weapons off in AC games, I am sure there are for AC4 as well.

We know that, but it will be cool after 6 games, we actually by pass the game glitches - don't you think?

phoenix-force411
10-27-2013, 07:44 PM
I know the glitch for ACB and ACR. ACIII, you can't get rid of the tomahawks/knives, I believe. In ACR & ACB, I know how to get rid of my crossbow, sword, dagger, and armor(I'm sure everyone knows this one). I use a different method for getting rid of crossbow, sword, and dagger. All it takes is 10 seconds.

Lucifer261
11-07-2013, 06:42 PM
ı really want a trick for remove weapons like old AC's

MadDogg59
11-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Hell yeah, I would love to get rid of the blow pipe and swords. I still can't believe after all these Assassin's Creed games they still haven't given us the option to do that.

v1 ArchAngel
11-08-2013, 05:01 AM
Hopefully because they updated AC3 to have Connors hood back up, maybe they'll listen to us again and allow us to remove weapons

Memiink18244
11-08-2013, 08:13 AM
i would rather to have the power to locate the weapons in the cross the way i wanted instead of thaking them off!

projectpat06
11-15-2013, 04:52 AM
PLease patch so we have this ability somehow.

Lucifer261
11-16-2013, 12:03 PM
PLease patch so we have this ability somehow.
im totally agree with you maybe an unequipped button or heavy weapons which we can throw

JnrfL
11-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Please let us have the option to set the weapon arsenal that we want. If that is too much just give us the option to remove or hide the blowpipe in sight. :(

TheArcaneEagle
11-16-2013, 03:25 PM
The blowpipe has an annoying bounce on every step that Edward takes. It quite annoying and once you've noticed it, its hard not to.

Also there is a tiny (and I mean tiny) holster holding the blowpipe which is really hard to see and it looks like its just stuck on there like with all of his weapons. Although I do like the pistols and how they are placed on his chest parallel to each other.

roostersrule2
11-16-2013, 03:32 PM
The blowpipe has an annoying bounce on every step that Edward takes. It quite annoying and once you've noticed it, its hard not to.

Also there is a tiny (and I mean tiny) holster holding the blowpipe which is really hard to see and it looks like its just stuck on there like with all of his weapons. Although I do like the pistols and how they are placed on his chest parallel to each other.That's part of the physics, it's better then in AC1-ACR where only the sword would move.

Landruner
11-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Perhaps we should have a Sub gameplay topic on the forum? - I do not know because it must be about the 5th thread I found for the 6 past weeks about the player option choice for the weapons.

JnrfL
11-17-2013, 09:51 AM
Perhaps we should have a Sub gameplay topic on the forum? - I do not know because it must be about the 5th thread I found for the 6 past weeks about the player option choice for the weapons.

I think that just shows how people really wants it to be in the game. If only the developers would be kind enough to implement it in an update. (Even if it is just the blowpipe please.) I mean I even sacrificed not knowing the end of the AC4's story just to avoid a damn blowpipe. It really is disheartening that they can't see how desperate people need this feature to release themselves from what hinders them from enjoying the game to the fullest. I only wish they could just do something to blowpipe and remove it from Edward's back. I don't care if I lose the ability to use it, because I simply hate seeing it.

Kagurra
11-17-2013, 10:04 AM
I think that just shows how people really wants it to be in the game. If only the developers would be kind enough to implement it in an update. (Even if it is just the blowpipe please.) I mean I even sacrificed not knowing the end of the AC4's story just to avoid a damn blowpipe. It really is disheartening that they can't see how desperate people need this feature to release themselves from what hinders them from enjoying the game to the fullest. I only wish they could just do something to blowpipe and remove it from Edward's back. I don't care if I lose the ability to use it, because I simply hate seeing it.

Nope hood's more important.

Landruner
11-17-2013, 10:11 AM
Nope hood's more important.

Aaaaah!!!! do not be selfish my friend! :plol!!!, let say they can do both the hood and the blow pipe and add some more weapons that we can switch with the hood on or off...

Landruner
11-17-2013, 10:16 AM

I know I opened one myself the first time I posted there - I found that one and yesterday we were chatting about this on another thread - They need to do something about this and the hood on/off as well. Put some additional assassin weapons and Let the players chooses the weapons they want to use and having the hood on/off...and the one that don't care about it well they do not have to
since it will be optional.

Kagurra
11-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Aaaaah!!!! do not be selfish my friend! :plol!!!, let say they can do both the hood and the blow pipe and add some more weapons that we can switch with the hood on or off...

Was more of a joke tbh. Half a joke maybe.

Landruner
11-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Was more of a joke tbh. Half a joke maybe.

No actually, I was just teasing only, but I was serious for the hood, I support the hood (on/off) as we talked together before - I support the customization for the character and freedom of player choice for the weapons, and encourage Ubisoft to be considering the "Zillion" of requests for those features they have everywhere including this forum regarding an update via a next DLC or just a patch update, you know that....

Kagurra
11-17-2013, 10:40 AM
No actually, I was just teasing only, but I was serious for the hood, I support the hood (on/off) as we talked together before - I support the customization for the character and freedom of player choice for the weapons, and encourage Ubisoft to be considering the "Zillion" of requests for those features they have everywhere including this forum regarding an update via a next DLC or just a patch update, you know that....

Yeah, aesthetics are important to people, especially in third person games, and extra especially in AC. Although like I've said I'm quite happy with the default robes most of the time in the grand scheme of things, sometimes the little things are important too.

Sturnz0r
11-17-2013, 04:18 PM

it actually just shows how petty people are.

Your really haven't progressed past visiting Tulum the first time because you knew that's where you get the blowpipe, and it is so much of an eyesore?

Landruner
11-18-2013, 12:32 AM
Yeah, aesthetics are important to people, especially in third person games, and extra especially in AC. Although like I've said I'm quite happy with the default robes most of the time in the grand scheme of things, sometimes the little things are important too.

I agree with you, and I understand, and like I told you before, you are not the only one that want that hood (on/off), they are actually a lot of people that want that option, and it is not a big deal for the devs or the patch team to add it on the game.

Kagurra
11-18-2013, 12:34 AM
I agree with you, and I understand, and like I told you before, you are not the only one that want that hood (on/off), they are actually a lot of people that want that option, and it is not a big deal for the devs or the patch team to add it on the game.

Agreed.

JnrfL
11-18-2013, 01:14 PM
it actually just shows how petty people are.

Your really haven't progressed past visiting Tulum the first time because you knew that's where you get the blowpipe, and it is so much of an eyesore?

I had, but having the blowpipe while wearing the pirate cloak really frustrated me, so I replayed the game again and avoided it. As petty as you think I am, what I seek for this game is to immerse myself into the role of a pirate rather than being an assassin; since sailing is what I had fun with playing AC3 and that damn blowpipe behind my pirate cloak is an hindrance towards the immersion. Now if only a patch is available that could hide the blowpipe in plain sight or remove it, I would be more than grateful since I may know the story of the game. Also don't think that it is only I that request of this feature. You'll find posts and threads not only here but other websites as well (Gamefaqs for example) that deem this feature to be implemented. Maybe I'm on a different level than some of the people that just resorted imagining the stupid blowpipe as a telescope or a map behind Edward's back. Furthermore all visual advertisements of Edward doesn't depict the hideous blowpipe. It might seem the marketing team also saw that the hideous blowpipe might turn people away or might not appeal to the audience. Sadly the developers didn't think likewise and even ignored one of the most requested feature since AC2. I always prefered not having anything behind the back. (The only exemption was Altair since I like daggers.) You don't know the lengths that I took since AC2 in order to remove myself of weapons that I didn't like seeing.(Hated Ezio's crossbow and Connor's bow.) I guess AC4 is the lowest I could get since in order that I wouldn't possess a weapon behind the back, it didn't matter to me to know the story or attaining the rope dart (I even loved using that silly thing in double counters and trees) just so that I wouldn't see a fricking blowpipe behind Edward's back.

MnemonicSyntax
11-18-2013, 03:37 PM
I had, but having the blowpipe while wearing the pirate cloak really frustrated me, so I replayed the game again and avoided it. As petty as you think I am, what I seek for this game is to immerse myself into the role of a pirate rather than being an assassin; since sailing is what I had fun with playing AC3 and that damn blowpipe behind my pirate cloak is an hindrance towards the immersion. Now if only a patch is available that could hide the blowpipe in plain sight or remove it, I would be more than grateful since I may know the story of the game. Also don't think that it is only I that request of this feature. You'll find posts and threads not only here but other websites as well (Gamefaqs for example) that deem this feature to be implemented. Maybe I'm on a different level than some of the people that just resorted imagining the stupid blowpipe as a telescope or a map behind Edward's back. Furthermore all visual advertisements of Edward doesn't depict the hideous blowpipe. It might seem the marketing team also saw that the hideous blowpipe might turn people away or might not appeal to the audience. Sadly the developers didn't think likewise and even ignored one of the most requested feature since AC2. I always prefered not having anything behind the back. (The only exemption was Altair since I like daggers.) You don't know the lengths that I took since AC2 in order to remove myself of weapons that I didn't like seeing.(Hated Ezio's crossbow and Connor's bow.) I guess AC4 is the lowest I could get since in order that I wouldn't possess a weapon behind the back, it didn't matter to me to know the story or attaining the rope dart (I even loved using that silly thing in double counters and trees) just so that I wouldn't see a fricking blowpipe behind Edward's back.

Or it could just be a communication error between the advertising people and the devs. For example, Ezio has two of the same gauntlets on the Brotherhood cover. Connor has two of the same gauntlets on the front cover. Altair had a crossbow and quiver in the announcement trailer. Sometimes, the ad side are told to make "something" out of what they barely know and to run with it.

Honestly, you're speaking for the majority when most people (aside from this thread) I've seen don't care about the blowpipe. I find it humorous that you let such a little thing bother you.

Is it the fact that it's on his back? Or that he has one period? I'm not sure your obsession with the backs of Assassins, but I find it odd you wouldn't get the crossbow to not do achievements because it didn't "look good." Both are Assassin tools, and I agree it's petty.

EDIT: Out of all the issues, this is the big one? It seems more purposeful to allow being able to throw smoke bombs (with or without free aim) and throwing knives with free aim. It limits Edward as an Assassin to not be able to throw smoke bombs. Or the corner lean issue. Or... anything really.

Tell me, what's your suggestion to remove the weapon?

Landruner
11-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Or it could just be a communication error between the advertising people and the devs. For example, Ezio has two of the same gauntlets on the Brotherhood cover. Connor has two of the same gauntlets on the front cover. Altair had a crossbow and quiver in the announcement trailer. Sometimes, the ad side are told to make "something" out of what they barely know and to run with it.

Honestly, you're speaking for the majority when most people (aside from this thread) I've seen don't care about the blowpipe. I find it humorous that you let such a little thing bother you.

Is it the fact that it's on his back? Or that he has one period? I'm not sure your obsession with the backs of Assassins, but I find it odd you wouldn't get the crossbow to not do achievements because it didn't "look good." Both are Assassin tools, and I agree it's petty.

EDIT: Out of all the issues, this is the big one? It seems more purposeful to allow being able to throw smoke bombs (with or without free aim) and throwing knives with free aim. It limits Edward as an Assassin to not be able to throw smoke bombs. Or the corner lean issue. Or... anything really.

Make it optional or like a lot of people asked months ago the ability for the player to pick up after another introducing some more assassin weapons (They have been told that during development)....

JnrfL
11-18-2013, 05:44 PM

First of all, it is not my place to talk about why the advertisements doesn't possess the blowpipe, ask Ubisoft not me. The fact is that they didn't include it and that it showed a pirate that didn't possess a blowpipe at the back. (I might not even bought the game if I had known of it and that it was not removable.)

Well if you read my post you could see that I didn't like the blowpipe due to it's placement on Edward's back and not due to its use or existence. Also if you've understood my point you'll see that ever since AC2 I had always wanted the character to look minimalistic and to possess no weapons at their back with primarily the hidden blades as the weapon of disposal in assassinations, even resorting to exploiting glitches to attain it. (If you could only imagine how I was so happy when the glitch to remove Ezio's armor in Revelations had felt. I even stopped my progress and re-played the game to enjoy it to the fullest haha priceless.)

I'll be frank, I don't care how petty people think that I choose what I want to carry or how I want my character to look like. What I care is to immerse myself onto a AC character with a trait in mind. Like a assassin that prefers to face their opponent with dignity and face them head on (Through backstabbing of course) rather than being a coward that can't face their enemy and use some petty long-range weapon to assassinate. This is my choice and I hope the development team acknowledges that they have passionate fans such as myself that dwell deeper into their games rather than just finishing it without care. (I always aim for 100% sync.) I only hope to attain the ability to chose my arsenal and equip weapons that I like and don't like to define my play of choice. If that cannot be done then I simply hope for a update of removing/hiding the blowpipe should be given at least so that petty people such as myself that hate it would be able to play without it.

If you are a true AC fan as I am that had played majority of AC games, then you should also know that Aveline in liberation also possessed a blowpipe but it's rested on her hip. (Sadly on her back as well in AC4 -_-") Why didn't/can't they do the same for Edward in AC4??

Because out of all the issues this is one where the problem is easy to solve. Just take out the item from the back and its done. They could even use Aveline's animation of positioning the blowpipe at her hip even if its not there. I just want the damn thing removed from the back. It's one ugly piece of weapon to flaunt at everyone. In a real environment context you are even actually giving an hint that you are an assassin to your enemies by placing a blowpipe at your back. Why risk it right? Hide the damn thing! Its hideous enough to be placed in the shadows. Even Aveline's blowpipe is better looking than Edward's. (Probably since he killed some assassin's relatives and you know who... ;) )

I know what I'm truly asking is hard (I think?) that is why I'm asking something as simple as removing the blowpipe in plain sight in order to continue my progress in the story missions and attaining the rope darts. (I love using that thing xD but I like looking at an empty back even more. :( )

MnemonicSyntax
11-18-2013, 06:00 PM
First of all it is not my place to talk about why the advertisements doesn't possess the blowpipe, ask Ubisoft not me. The fact is that they didn't include it and that it showed a pirate that didn't possess a blowpipe at the back. (I might not even bought the game if I had known of it and that it was not removable.)

But you suggested that that ad people "didn't like it" or "thought it was ugly" when that may not be the case.

Well if you read my post you could see that I didn't like the blowpipe due to it's placement on Edward's back and not due to its use or existence. Also if you've understood my point you'll see that ever since AC2 I had always wanted the character to look minimalistic and to possess no weapon's at their back with primarily the hidden blades as the weapon of disposal in assassinations, even resorting to exploiting glitches to attain it. (If you could only imagine how I was so happy when the glitch to remove Ezio's armor in Revelations had felt. I even stopped my progress and re-played the game to enjoy it to the fullest haha priceless.)

So would you rather have it to the side? Collapsed? Would you still use it even if was invisible?

I'll be frank, I don't care how petty people think that I choose what I want to carry or how I want my character to look like. What I care is to immerse myself onto a AC character with a trait in mind. Like a assassin that prefers to face their opponent with dignity and face them head on (Through backstabbing of course) rather than being a coward that can't face their enemy and use some petty long-range weapon to assassinate. This is my choice and I hope the development team acknowledges that they have passionate fans such as myself that dwell deeper into their game rather than just finishing it without care. (I always aim for 100% sync.) I only hope to attain the ability to chose my arsenal and equip weapons that I like and don't like to define my play of choice. If that cannot be done then I simply hope for a update of removing/hiding the blowpipe should be given at least so that petty people such as myself that hate it would be able to play without it.

It's petty because there are far too many other issues that could be resolved before this. I'm all for customization and having people the way they want to play.

I
f you are a true AC fan as I am that had played majority of ac games, then you should also know that Aveline in liberation (or in the dlc) also possessed a blowpipe but it's rested on her hip. Why didn't/can't they do the same for Edward??

That doesn't make someone a true fan. That's one thing on this forum I'm sick of hearing. Dedication, buying and playing the game is a true fan. You don't like the blowpipe, and sometimes a fan of a sports team who is a "true fan" has a perfect season. You have to take the ups with the downs. That's a true fan.

The blowpipe on the hip, I agree with, if that makes you happy.

Because out of all the issues this is one where the problem is easy to solve. Just take out the item from the back and its done. They could even use Aveline's animation of positioning the blowpipe at her hip even if its not there. I just want the damn thing removed from the back. It's one ugly piece of weapon to flaunt at everyone. In a real context you are even actually giving an hint that you are an assassin to your enemies by placing a blowpipe at your back. Why risk it right? Hide the damn thing! Its hideous enough to be placed in the shadows. Even Aveline's blowpipe is better looking than Edward's. (Probably since he killed some assassin's relatives and you know who... ;) )

If rigging video game characters is like rigging mesh, it's not that easy. Granted, these guys do this for a living, but it would also require animations that they may or may not have available. I couldn't tell you for sure.

I know what I'm truly asking is hard (I think?) that is why I'm asking something as simple as removing the blowpipe in plain sight in order to continue my progress in the story missions and attaining the rope darts. (I love using that thing xD but I like looking at an empty back even more. :( )

That should be easier than moving it. But I only know a bit of rigging and such and certainly don't do it for a living.

JnrfL
11-18-2013, 06:42 PM
But you suggested that that ad people "didn't like it" or "thought it was ugly" when that may not be the case.

May not be the case? I have friends and even my brother that doesn't like it, even searches on website forums on the net related to the AC4's blowpipe depicts it to be unsatisfactory as it is placed on the back. Though I cannot guaranteed it, there is an audience for this feature I can tell you that. This might even be a step forward towards weapon selection. ;)

So would you rather have it to the side? Collapsed? Would you still use it even if was invisible?
Yup! Any above :D and as I've posted, The less I see the better. (I'm a minimalist bastard haha)

It's petty because there are far too many other issues that could be resolved before this. I'm all for customization and having people the way they want to play.
As I've posted, in my opinion it is an easy problem to address. Like how they could remove the blowpipe when replaying a previous mission where the blowpipe is not yet present in the story. I believe they could implement the same thing for the entire playthrough.

That doesn't make someone a true fan. That's one thing on this forum I'm sick of hearing. Dedication, buying and playing the game is a true fan. You don't like the blowpipe, and sometimes a fan of a sports team who is a "true fan" has a perfect season. You have to take the ups with the downs. That's a true fan.

But bluntly accepting everything makes you one? :/ Doesn't a true fan not only show support by buying but also giving feedback in order to further improve it? I don't think a true fan serves to be as sheep to be herded like COD fans that buys the same game every year and be ripped off, but rather someone that provides as much support as he can to improve the game that he/she likes? :/ Depending on what he can provide shows how much of a fan he/she is. Well that is what a true fan is in my opinion. :)

The blowpipe on the hip, I agree with, if that makes you happy.
You agree? Wow! You don't know how much that makes me happy! =))

If rigging video game characters is like rigging mesh, it's not that easy. Granted, these guys do this for a living, but it would also require animations that they may or may not have available. I couldn't tell you for sure.
I don't know what you are talking about since I'm an economist sorry, but with what I understand with this text I guess my answer in the 3rd line should suffice. :D

That should be easier than moving it. But I only know a bit of rigging and such and certainly don't do it for a living.
At least you know something about that haha. My only experience had been with texture swapping and with games like The Witcher 2 and FF: Dissidia Duodecim.

MnemonicSyntax
11-18-2013, 06:57 PM
But bluntly accepting everything makes you one? :/ Doesn't a true fan not only show support by buying but also giving feedback in order to further improve it? I don't think a true fan serves to be as sheep to be herded like COD fans that buys the same game every year and be ripped off, but rather someone that provides as much support as he can to improve the game that he/she likes? :/ Depending on what he can provide shows how much of a fan he/she is. Well that is what a true fan is in my opinion. :)

I'm not saying blindly accept everything, but some people (not specifically you) get the idea that if Ubi doesn't "fix something to go their way, then it's Ubi's fault and there will be no more 'chances'"

While I'm all for customization, for example someone said to have a load out of sorts for the weapons (a rifle, blowgun, boarding ax, etc) and allow one to pick and choose because it makes sense, making a blowgun disappear because "you don't like it" has nothing to do with trying to improve or make Ubisoft better, especially something cosmetic. It may make them better for you, but if the reason for something like this doesn't have a purpose, like the load out, then it doesn't change anything except appearance.

Landruner
11-18-2013, 07:35 PM
@Jnrfl - Devs had been told over and over even by artist professionals that it was a mistake to put that blowpipe on his back and not on his hips (even jokes had been made), and it should be on his hips - the response was that the player could have the ability to switch it with something else (another weapon) for his back (using that slot) and it is why the blow-dart will be there because another weapon using the darts will be there... - Did it happen? Nope!, but the blow-pipe is still on his back... - So, do not worry, you are not alone you have Zillions of people that have the same esthetic concerns than yours, and that was even before the game was released.

JnrfL
11-18-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm not saying blindly accept everything, but some people (not specifically you) get the idea that if Ubi doesn't "fix something to go their way, then it's Ubi's fault and there will be no more 'chances'"

While I'm all for customization, for example someone said to have a load out of sorts for the weapons (a rifle, blowgun, boarding ax, etc) and allow one to pick and choose because it makes sense, making a blowgun disappear because "you don't like it" has nothing to do with trying to improve or make Ubisoft better, especially something cosmetic. It may make them better for you, but if the reason for something like this doesn't have a purpose, like the load out, then it doesn't change anything except appearance.

So you're saying that you don't like it that I don't want anything at Edward's back? That if I said I wanted it replaced with a gun you would agree with me? I think you're forgetting something... I'm a minimalist. I prefer to possess less. That is my choice of customization. The smaller and more concealed it is the better for me. Isn't being able to change what weapon you currently possess a form of customization? I don't think there is something bad about what I'm suggesting to be implemented. I think you just don't see the purpose of what this feature offers. I hope that you could understand that this paves the way towards customization. How can you customize when you can't remove what you don't like? Is it wrong that I only want something removed because I am a minimalist and not a rambo type person that would not only want to remove something but replace it? See it like this, what I want aims towards customization. But sadly I know that is unattainable in an update for AC4 and deserves to be implemented towards the next installment. But right now what I truly need is an update towards the removal of blowpipe at Edward's back. You know why? Because of fans like me that the blowpipe serves to be a "gamebreaker" with how I can't progress the story of the game because I simply hate having it at back of the character.

I know I'm probably approaching this too extreme but that is how I am (I even resort at exploiting glitches to get the appearance that I want from the game haha) and I only hope the developers acknowledges fans such as myself and address this problem. I mean can't the developers possess the sense of illogicality of placing a blowpipe at a pirate's back? First and for most it looks weird. Who the hell does that? Why would you even consider to do that? As I posted before, you are exposing yourself by flaunting that thing around your back. Are the AC4 developers different from the AC3:Liberation developers? The latter developers knew how to place the blowpipe right. It was placed nicely in Aveline's hip. Why wasn't that done the same way in AC4 is beyond me... -_-"

C112408E
11-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Just sitting here hoping that glitches to remove the weapons will be found before I get this for the Xbox One >_>

Landruner
11-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Just sitting here hoping that glitches to remove the weapons will be found before I get this for the Xbox One >_>

Just sitting there hoping that they change the script and give the players the opportunity to switch or remove the weapons, or put that bloody blowpipe on the hips in an update or a patch. If the glitch did not happen in XB it won't happen for the XB - ONE

JnrfL
11-18-2013, 09:11 PM

Is this sit beside you taken? :))

It might take a while since I've tried previous glitches and to no avail. :(

Also Xbone? really? You must really like halo huh?

Landruner
11-18-2013, 09:13 PM
So you're saying that you don't like it that I don't want anything at Edward's back? That if I said I wanted it replaced with a gun you would agree with me? I think you're forgetting something... I'm a minimalist. I prefer to possess less. That is my choice of customization. The smaller and more concealed it is the better for me. Isn't being able to change what weapon you currently possess a form of customization? I don't think there is something bad about what I'm suggesting to be implemented. I think you just don't see the purpose of what this feature offers. I hope that you could understand that this paves the way towards customization. How can you customize when you can't remove what you don't like? Is it wrong that I only want something removed because I am a minimalist and not a rambo type person that would not only want to remove something but replace it? See it like this, what I want aims towards customization. But sadly I know that is unattainable in an update for AC4 and deserves to be implemented towards the next installment. But right now what I truly need is an update towards the removal of blowpipe at Edward's back. You know why? Because of fans like me that the blowpipe serves to be a "gamebreaker" with how I can't progress the story of the game because I simply hate having it at back of the character.

I know I'm probably approaching this too extreme but that is how I am (I even resort at exploiting glitches to get the appearance that I want from the game haha) and I only hope the developers acknowledges fans such as myself and address this problem. I mean can't the developers possess the sense of illogicality of placing a blowpipe at a pirate's back? First and for most it looks weird. Who the hell does that? Why would you even consider to do that? As I posted before, you are exposing yourself by flaunting that thing around your back. Are the AC4 developers different from the AC3:Liberation developers? The latter developers knew how to place the blowpipe right. It was placed nicely in Aveline's hip. Why wasn't that done the same way in AC4 is beyond me... -_-"
Like I told you just above, they are a lot of people (here and else) that want that bloody blowpipe on another on spot or being optional by switching with another weapon - Hopefully, they listen this time and do something about it.

C112408E
11-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Just sitting there hoping that they change the script and give the players the opportunity to switch or remove the weapons, or put that bloody blowpipe on the hips in an update or a patch. If the glitch did not happen in XB it won't happen for the XB - ONE
I highly doubt Ubisoft will ever do something like that. For some reason they seem to be very against it. I still remember way back in some interview about either ACB or ACR where one of the questions was about removing armor and weapons and Gabe was just like "nope." So far there has been a glitch to remove armor and weapons in every single game, though, so hopefully they just haven't been discovered yet.

C112408E
11-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Is this sit beside you taken? :))

It might take a while since I've tried previous glitches and to no avail. :(

Also Xbone? really? You must really like halo huh?I'm just sticking with it since I already have a whole year of Xbox Live paid for and all my friends seem to be sticking with it as well. Recent Halos have been lacking sadly :nonchalance:

JnrfL
11-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Like I told you just above, they are a lot of people (here and else) that want that bloody blowpipe on another on spot or being optional by switching with another weapon - Hopefully, they listen this time and do something about it.

Sorry didn't see that buddy hehe. Can you give me link where you got your info about the artist saying the developers made the stupid mistake? :/

JnrfL
11-18-2013, 09:23 PM
I'm just sticking with it since I already have a whole year of Xbox Live paid for and all my friends seem to be sticking with it as well. Recent Halos have been lacking sadly :nonchalance:

Ah... I really can't find a reason to own a Xbox 360 other than for Halo and Fable (Which is now available in PC by the way.)... :/ I actually owned the original before and I regretted it haha.

Landruner
11-18-2013, 09:31 PM
Sorry didn't see that buddy hehe. Can you give me link where you got your info about the artist saying the developers made the stupid mistake? :/

You are writing to one of them:p hehehe! - They did not make a stupid mistake - It is just that I, and some others told them it was a bad idea and made joke(s) about it...;)and we guessed wrongly obviously about the fact that they will be listening to the piece of advice coming from some other artists... - and they did not...that sad (lol), but it is life...we are not much on this world...

JnrfL
11-19-2013, 05:18 AM
You are writing to one of them:p hehehe! - They did not make a stupid mistake - It is just that I, and some others told them it was a bad idea and made joke(s) about it...;)and we guessed wrongly obviously about the fact that they will be listening to the piece of advice coming from some other artists... - and they did not...that sad (lol), but it is life...we are not much on this world...

If they choose to place it at the back because it might had been easier for them, then that is just heartbreaking for me as a fan. AC3:Liberation's Aveline had the blowpipe placed in her hip. Actually I tried to play her in AC4 and to my disappointment, the blowpipe was placed the same way as Edward's. If given the opportunity to ask the developers of AC4, I would like to ask why when they could have just followed AC3:Liberation's example of proper weapon placement for the blowpipe, they chose not to. (The holster for it even looked good in my opinion.)

Zellzin
11-19-2013, 05:57 AM
I just want these 2 guns off my chest please!

Kagurra
11-19-2013, 06:06 AM
I just want these 2 guns off my chest please!

I like the two guns on the chest, just not the "Golden flintlocks". They're ugly in general and I plan on not using them. They're too "bling-y".

Lucifer261
11-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Is there any glitch we can remove all weapons? (Like Cutlass or blowpipe)

Lucifer261
11-19-2013, 03:48 PM
The Assassin's Brotherhood is stand up for freedom of humanity but Ubisoft did not give us the freedom of choosing weapons which we carry

JnrfL
11-19-2013, 04:34 PM

So far none of yet. Are you also one who wishes thy hideous blowpipe at Edward's back to disappear? :D

Landruner
11-19-2013, 08:29 PM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEh4X91lJiRfObGYPvpIFyugmDEcIoK Li6fBMPDDWupJpF7KnnGg

The Pied Piper of Hamelin LOL!

JnrfL
11-20-2013, 04:56 PM
For people that had forsaken how the devs placed the Blowpipe at Edward's back rejoice! A glitch had been circulating that removes the blasted thing from Edward's back. :D Sadly it has drawbacks. It renders the blowdarts unusable and it also removes the ability to use the hidden blades. :( Luckily, there is a fix for it both and to fix the hidden blades you just need to replay Sequence 2, Memory 3. :) I only hope the Devs haven't fixed the glitch yet as I am currently trying to make it occur. :nonchalance:

Landruner
11-20-2013, 06:21 PM
For people that had forsaken how the devs placed the Blowpipe at Edward's back rejoice! A glitch had been circulating that removes the blasted thing from Edward's back. :D Sadly it has drawbacks. It renders the blowdarts unusable and it also removes the ability to use the hidden blades. :( Luckily, there is a fix for it both and to fix the hidden blades you just need to replay Sequence 2, Memory 3. :) I only hope the Devs haven't fixed the glitch yet as I am currently trying to make it occur. :nonchalance:

I believe that what you mention above was more a tiny bug that some players experimented more than a glitch itself I think - Technically, you have no glitch known that allows you to do this so far,

Now with the PC version out some users will may be see able to see through the script that can help, and perhaps find something (?) unless UBISOFT comes with a patch or update (?)

JnrfL
11-22-2013, 03:28 PM
I believe that what you mention above was more a tiny bug that some players experimented more than a glitch itself I think - Technically, you have no glitch known that allows you to do this so far,

Now with the PC version out some users will may be see able to see through the script that can help, and perhaps find something (?) unless UBISOFT comes with a patch or update (?)

Well I got it to work for my PS3 version of the game, but sadly I can't get it to work for the PC version. :( Its stupid how I'm angry that the devs placed a better coding in the PC version than that of the last gen consoles. -_-"

Landruner
11-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Well I got it to work for my PS3 version of the game, but sadly I can't get it to work for the PC version. :( Its stupid how I'm angry that the devs placed a better coding in the PC version than that of the last gen consoles. -_-"

Yep, apparently they did someone told me that, I did not see the code yet, so I can say much about it. Let's hope that Ubisoft offer us that ability...(?):p

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-22-2013, 06:48 PM
I doubt they's patch anything that was a way to remove the weapons. There were the glitches to remove armor in Brotherhood and Revelations and those were never patched...

Hans684
11-22-2013, 08:17 PM
If they do that then i rether would have liked to change it with something instead. Let's say i don't want the blowpipe, then i should have the option to choose bettween crossbow or bow. Or i don't want standard hidden blades, then i should have the option to have pivot blade. If i can't change it with something else, then i rether have the entire arenal.

C112408E
11-22-2013, 08:18 PM
How did you do it?

Landruner
11-22-2013, 08:40 PM
If they do that then i rether would have liked to change it with something instead. Let's say i don't want the blowpipe, then i should have the option to choose bettween crossbow or bow. Or i don't want standard hidden blades, then i should have the option to have pivot blade. If i can't change it with something else, then i rether have the entire arenal.

I still have my knees bleeding from the begging for the past months lol! to allow the player to switch weapons and bring another weapon that use the darts to replace that blowpipe for the ones that prefer something else, or at least let the blowpipe on the side (hips) and not on the back and for the sake more assassin arsenal ... Now I have twist on my fingers to overcome there and typing on my keyboard and begging again their excellences do it for an updates. lol! in short for next AC I will get a seizure if I continue persevering in that quest... lol!

Landruner
11-22-2013, 08:42 PM

Oh, wait! I did not read correctly what you wrote above, you did it for the PS3?

Hans684
11-22-2013, 09:27 PM
I still have my knees bleeding from the begging for the past months lol! to allow the player to switch weapons and bring another weapon that use the darts to replace that blowpipe for the ones that prefer something else, or at least let the blowpipe on the side (hips) and not on the back and for the sake more assassin arsenal ... Now I have twist on my fingers to overcome there and typing on my keyboard and begging again their excellences do it for an updates. lol! in short for next AC I will get a seizure if I continue persevering in that quest... lol!

What happend? Did you take an arrow to kne? Anyway allowing us to choose arsenal like in SCB would have been perfect. My arsenal, my way & my roles.

XLT sMasHerZZX
11-23-2013, 12:29 AM
The blowpipe stands out on most costumes, I would prefer it if we could remove it from sight or at least hook it to Edward's belt or something.

Landruner
11-23-2013, 02:51 AM
The blowpipe stands out on most costumes, I would prefer it if we could remove it from sight or at least hook it to Edward's belt or something.

You mean like on Edward' side (hips) like for Aveline in Liberation - Oh yes!!!!!!

JnrfL
11-23-2013, 07:14 AM
How did you do it?
I basically did it between two known DB missions that possess a smuggler's den (San Juan and Ambergris Key). Fast traveling after jumping off the cliff.

Oh, wait! I did not read correctly what you wrote above, you did it for the PS3?
Yup, I got it to work for my PS3 version of the game. But I want it to occur for my PC version since I can totally max the graphic settings and it's all wasted due to the hideous blowpipe... -_-"

ACLexter
11-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Yes, same issue on AC3.
I don't like too many weapons.

JnrfL
11-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Yes, same issue on AC3.
I don't like too many weapons.

We're on the same boat mate. I also think it would be great if we could once again carry Ezio's all in one hidden blades. I mean not only does it pack a bullet but also a poison and berserk darts. It could be in a form of reward upon reaching a master assassin or mentor rank or something for all I care. Sadly after AC:Revelations it never seen the light of day again. It even feels stupid how a younger generation ancestor like Edward would possess a primitive weapon such as a blowpipe when an advance weapon such as the hidden gun has been used by Ezio which is an older ancestor. It just doesn't add up in my opinion. -_-"

iltpac
11-25-2013, 02:35 AM
The blowpipe placement is my one major gripe with the game.. it just doesnt look good...
There are so many fantastic outfits.. especially if you got the pre-order stuff.. but it looks so goofy with the blowpipe wiggling on one shoulder.
Change it for the PC Version!

Landruner
11-25-2013, 03:19 AM
We're on the same boat mate. I also think it would be great if we could once again carry Ezio's all in one hidden blades. I mean not only does it pack a bullet but also a poison and berserk darts. It could be in a form of reward upon reaching a master assassin or mentor rank or something for all I care. Sadly after AC:Revelations it never seen the light of day again. It even feels stupid how a younger generation ancestor like Edward would possess a primitive weapon such as a blowpipe when an advance weapon such as the hidden gun has been used by Ezio which is an older ancestor. It just doesn't add up in my opinion. -_-"

When I did mention previously additional weapons, I meant not weapons that your have to carry with you in your inventory, but indeed an option to let the player choice the weapon from the Jackdaw for instance, and players that don't want those additional weapons, well they don't buy them from the stores, and it does not affect for synchronization for the perfectionists
I think also that it will be sully to carry 25 weapons at once, but if they are stored on the ship and available if I choose to take them with me and permute them among them, that is different. .

MnemonicSyntax
11-25-2013, 04:19 AM

Sure it does. A pirate would want to walk around showing all his guns off for intimidation. Not only that, but the hidden gun, while effective, is extremely slow in reloading and get several shots off at once.

Not every Assassin works or is trained the same way. A blowpipe allows stealth if needed and since the Mayan Assassins are jungle based, it's just more logical to use.

Anyway, I doubt it's going to be changed for this game, so try to enjoy it as is.

JnrfL
11-28-2013, 06:42 AM
Sure it does. A pirate would want to walk around showing all his guns off for intimidation. Not only that, but the hidden gun, while effective, is extremely slow in reloading and get several shots off at once.

Not every Assassin works or is trained the same way. A blowpipe allows stealth if needed and since the Mayan Assassins are jungle based, it's just more logical to use.

Anyway, I doubt it's going to be changed for this game, so try to enjoy it as is.

Listen here, I don't think the advertisments and even McFarlane Toys' limited-edition resin statue of Edward agree with what you are saying...

I'm merely saying they place it in his hip like Aveline or remove it permanently for all I care, because it just looks god darn awful..

They even replaced edward's blowpipe for a pistol because they knew how horrible it looked like at his back haha (Oh I only wish they could implement this ingame... -_-")
http://majorspoilers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/AC_Statue_3.jpg

tomliang
11-28-2013, 09:27 AM
I , personally , ****ing hate that blowpipe on the back of my character.... :(

And I agree Jnfl, McFarlane's statue looks 10000 times better than the game...

Landruner
11-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Listen here, I don't think the advertisment's and even McFarlane Toys' limited-edition resin statue of Edward agree with what you are saying...

I'm merely saying they place it in his hip like Aveline or remove it permanently for all I care, because it just looks god darn awful..

They even replaced edward's blowpipe for a pistol because they knew how horrible it looked like at his back haha (Oh I only wish they could implement this ingame... -_-")
http://majorspoilers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/AC_Statue_3.jpg

Damned!!!! That is "Bad:eek:ss" and Cool having a pistol on the back! at least, you don't look like a flute player that goes playing for a grandma's tea party LOL!

JnrfL
11-28-2013, 06:00 PM
I , personally , ****ing hate that blowpipe on the back of my character.... :(

And I agree Jnfl, McFarlane's statue looks 10000 times better than the game...

Imagine having that in game... Priceless. Well if the Devs could even just remove the blowpipe at Edward's back I'm more than welcome for that instead. :D

Damned!!!! That is "Bad:eek:ss" and Cool having a pistol on the back! at least, you don't look like a flute player that goes playing for a grandma's tea party LOL!

Damn right he does! I mean what can be better than having 4 guns? Having 5 guns of course! xD This should be how a pirate looks like! Heck I love it so much that I'm preordering it right now. XD

MnemonicSyntax
11-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Listen here, I don't think the advertisments and even McFarlane Toys' limited-edition resin statue of Edward agree with what you are saying...

Listen here, you keep saying why you THINK the blowpipe was removed off of MacFarlane's statue and the advertisement campaigns, but you DON'T KNOW for sure why.

People take creative liberties all the time. It may be a matter of aesthetics, it may not. That statue screams "pirate" to me and not Assassin.

Lastly, please read what I'm saying to you very carefully: Usually merchandise and advertisements are designed far ahead of a final product. Which means that changes are made toward the end of the development cycle. That means that, it's very possible the blowpipe was liked, and added near the end of that cycle.

So please, stop telling me what the devs and others thought, because the fact is, we don't know for sure. At all. It could be anything. You don't know why it was added or changed for sure, and neither do I. That's my point.

Also, I was thinking... why can't I use the blowpipe in the water as a breathing reed? That'd be great! No need to hold your breath in shallow water, just use the blowpipe.

rob.davies2014
11-28-2013, 11:47 PM

I didn't like Ezio's hidden blades towards the end, there was just too much going on that it was ludicrous; pistol, poison blade, poison darts and normal blade.
I prefer the blowpipe on his back to that pistol, it looks hard to reach and re-sheath.
I think we should have the ability to decide what Edward wears. (Spoilers) I loved the mission where he just goes after that Italian diplomat just with his hidden blade.

HudisAbeba
11-30-2013, 05:49 AM
Yes, 100% yes. I've been playing AC4 for a week or two now and even restarted at one point because I wanted to do more pirate things without a blowpipe on Edward's back. I just find it really, really glaringly annoying, and it doesn't go well with half the outfits in the game. The dual-wielding also annoys me tremendously (especially since the single-sword animations look way better than the dual wielding ones, pick up a sword from a fallen guard and see for yourself), so if one sword (or both) could be removed it would be amazing. There is a whole lot of other options that could be implemented (hood toggle, for example, I've personally wanted that since AC2) but I don't think that belongs in this thread so I might make a new thread concerned with options overall.

But yes, option to remove weapons would be brilliant. It would make the game a lot more enjoyable, because right now I am seriously annoyed with for example the blowpipe almost all the time and I imagine a lot of other people are as well.

Kagurra
11-30-2013, 05:55 AM
Yes, 100% yes. I've been playing AC4 for a week or two now and even restarted at one point because I wanted to do more pirate things without a blowpipe on Edward's back. I just find it really, really glaringly annoying, and it doesn't go well with half the outfits in the game. The dual-wielding also annoys me tremendously (especially since the single-sword animations look way better than the dual wielding ones, pick up a sword from a fallen guard and see for yourself), so if one sword (or both) could be removed it would be amazing. There is a whole lot of other options that could be implemented (hood toggle, for example, I've personally wanted that since AC2) but I don't think that belongs in this thread so I might make a new thread concerned with options overall.

But yes, option to remove weapons would be brilliant. It would make the game a lot more enjoyable, because right now I am seriously annoyed with for example the blowpipe almost all the time and I imagine a lot of other people are as well.

You seriously restarted? It doesn't look that bad. It actually makes his default assassin robes look better. And I've seen the single sword animations, and while they look good, quick, and effective, they have more sound bugs than the other weapons, along with less animations. I really like the double swords thing. Anyways, the hidden blades has the best animations in the game as it is. Not just in combat, which are really awesome, but stealth too. The high profile assassination while standing relatively still is brutal, effective, and stealthy and works perfectly on guards on rooftops and stuff while the low profile in-motion one I use more for on the ground.

I also hate when polls like this have a biased counter option. "No, having the entire arsenal on us is better". Yeah, that's totally what people are going to vote for, nice wording OP. Besides, Edward has like 3 weapons on him anyways, it's not an arsenal. This isn't Ezio. He's a pirate so he needs the pistols if you're going to bring that up. Some captains at the time had like 8 pistols.

HudisAbeba
11-30-2013, 06:09 AM
You seriously restarted? It doesn't look that bad. It actually makes his default assassin robes look better. And I've seen the single sword animations, and while they look good, quick, and effective, they have more sound bugs than the other weapons, along with less animations. I really like the double swords thing. Anyways, the hidden blades has the best animations in the game as it is. Not just in combat, which are really awesome, but stealth too. The high profile assassination while standing relatively still is brutal, effective, and stealthy and works perfectly on guards on rooftops and stuff while the low profile in-motion one I use more for on the ground.

I also hate when polls like this have a biased counter option. "No, having the entire arsenal on us is better". Yeah, that's totally what people are going to vote for, nice wording OP. Besides, Edward has like 3 weapons on him anyways, it's not an arsenal. This isn't Ezio. He's a pirate so he needs the pistols if you're going to bring that up. Some captains at the time had like 8 pistols.

The only thing I'm asking for is the option. It wouldn't hurt anyone and they've really already got half their work done - both on the matter of removing the blowpipe and adding a hood toggle. If people want to keep using the blowpipe, or keep dual-wielding, that's fine. They can do that. All I'm asking for is being able to choose.

And yes, I did restart, mostly because I got to the blowpipe bit the first time before doing anything else. So I messed around in the world a bit before getting the blowpipe, which I've got now and am about halfway through the game. It's not game-breaking, but it's definitely annoying all the time. It does look good on the standard Edward assassin outfit, but I don't really use outfits with hoods (except the hunter one) because it's kind of immersion-breaking in itself so once again it's a matter of having options.

EDIT: My biggest problem with the dual wield animations is that they look like something out of fantasy, and I don't think that's what Assassin's Creed has ever been about. The first game and really all of the Ezio games were far more "true to reality" in terms of fighting styles and the way the characters moved. Right now it just seems like Edward is an ambidextruous ninja-pirate-cyborg from the future every time he engages in combat. Sure, some action-oriented animations are necessary to make combat exciting, but this? It just looks ridiculous, in my opinion.

MnemonicSyntax
11-30-2013, 07:01 AM
EDIT: My biggest problem with the dual wield animations is that they look like something out of fantasy, and I don't think that's what Assassin's Creed has ever been about.

Leaps of faith say hi.

Kagurra
11-30-2013, 07:49 AM
The only thing I'm asking for is the option. It wouldn't hurt anyone and they've really already got half their work done - both on the matter of removing the blowpipe and adding a hood toggle. If people want to keep using the blowpipe, or keep dual-wielding, that's fine. They can do that. All I'm asking for is being able to choose.

And yes, I did restart, mostly because I got to the blowpipe bit the first time before doing anything else. So I messed around in the world a bit before getting the blowpipe, which I've got now and am about halfway through the game. It's not game-breaking, but it's definitely annoying all the time. It does look good on the standard Edward assassin outfit, but I don't really use outfits with hoods (except the hunter one) because it's kind of immersion-breaking in itself so once again it's a matter of having options.

EDIT: My biggest problem with the dual wield animations is that they look like something out of fantasy, and I don't think that's what Assassin's Creed has ever been about. The first game and really all of the Ezio games were far more "true to reality" in terms of fighting styles and the way the characters moved. Right now it just seems like Edward is an ambidextruous ninja-pirate-cyborg from the future every time he engages in combat. Sure, some action-oriented animations are necessary to make combat exciting, but this? It just looks ridiculous, in my opinion.

How is a hood immersion breaking? This is AC.

JnrfL
11-30-2013, 08:32 AM
Listen here, you keep saying why you THINK the blowpipe was removed off of MacFarlane's statue and the advertisement campaigns, but you DON'T KNOW for sure why.

People take creative liberties all the time. It may be a matter of aesthetics, it may not. That statue screams "pirate" to me and not Assassin.

Lastly, please read what I'm saying to you very carefully: Usually merchandise and advertisements are designed far ahead of a final product. Which means that changes are made toward the end of the development cycle. That means that, it's very possible the blowpipe was liked, and added near the end of that cycle.

So please, stop telling me what the devs and others thought, because the fact is, we don't know for sure. At all. It could be anything. You don't know why it was added or changed for sure, and neither do I. That's my point.

Also, I was thinking... why can't I use the blowpipe in the water as a breathing reed? That'd be great! No need to hold your breath in shallow water, just use the blowpipe.

LOL you do know that this game screams "Pirate" right? Like if we put Assassin and Pirate of the game into a ratio, it's 30% to 70% in my perspective.

Please understand this... Not all liked the blowpipe at Edward's back, let me repeat "at Edward's back" and not the blowpipe entirely. <.<

I do not resent the blowpipe in its existence to the game or hate that it was added to the game. I merely resent how they poorly placed the blowpipe and burdened people that took notice of aesthetics.

This is my point which I think does not coincide with your opinion of the matter. A simple "remove" option or re-placement of the blowpipe (preferably at Edward's hip) would fix the problem.

I didn't like Ezio's hidden blades towards the end, there was just too much going on that it was ludicrous; pistol, poison blade, poison darts and normal blade.
I prefer the blowpipe on his back to that pistol, it looks hard to reach and re-sheath.
I think we should have the ability to decide what Edward wears. (Spoilers) I loved the mission where he just goes after that Italian diplomat just with his hidden blade.

Well look at it this way. If given a choice of having all those features at a single weapon or wearing all of them as multiple weapons, then I choose the former. (Which is the OP hidden blades of Ezio.)

Well technically they could re-adjust that to make it believably reachable if given the proper modification. Also I just prefer it at Edward's back rather than the blowpipe because it fits perfectly rather than a out of place blowpipe at the back. Also remember assassins "conceal" their weapons to blend with the environment, so why would one place it within sight? (Quite stupid if you ask me.)

I also love that mission myself. :D

You're not alone mate! :D I only hope the Devs see that the fans truly want this feature. (Even if just the blowpipe for AC4 please. :( )

LOL you forgot I did the same thing haha. Desperate people that despise the blowpipe placement exist. :)

Care to suggest what to place as another option in the poll rather than rant about it?

See! having another gun at Edward's back is better than a hideous blowpipe! :D Plus "more guns = more gun counters" <.<

Kagurra
11-30-2013, 08:57 AM
LOL you do know that this game screams "Pirate" right? Like if we put Assassin and Pirate of the game into a ratio, it's 30% to 70% in my perspective.

Please understand this... Not all liked the blowpipe at Edward's back, let me repeat "at Edward's back" and not the blowpipe entirely. <.<

I do not resent the blowpipe in its existence to the game or hate that it was added to the game. I merely resent how they poorly placed the blowpipe and burdened people that took notice of aesthetics.

This is my point which I think does not coincide with your opinion of the matter. A simple "remove" option or re-placement of the blowpipe (preferably at Edward's hip) would fix the problem.

Well look at it this way. If given a choice of having all those features at a single weapon or wearing all of them as multiple weapons, then I choose the former. (Which is the OP hidden blades of Ezio.)

Well technically they could re-adjust that to make it believably reachable if given the proper modification. Also I just prefer it at Edward's back rather than the blowpipe because it fits perfectly rather than a out of place blowpipe at the back. Also remember assassins "conceal" their weapons to blend with the environment, so why would one place it within sight? (Quite stupid if you ask me.)

You're not alone mate! :D I only hope the Devs see that the fans truly want this feature. (Even if just the blowpipe for AC4 please. :( )

LOL you forgot I did the same thing haha. Desperate people that despise the blowpipe placement exist. :)

Care to suggest what to place as another option in the poll rather than rant about it?

See! having another gun at Edward's back is better than a hideous blowpipe! :D Plus "more guns = more gun counters" <.<

The poll should look like this.

I want the option to remove weapons in AC4 (really just the blowpipe if we're being honest, they're not going to let you remove just one sword, that's not how the game works.)

I don't care about the option to remove weapons in AC4.

Lonnie_Jackson
11-30-2013, 09:09 AM
I hope they see this as a community "need" for character customization options, not just in this game but future installments. People like to see their assassin the way they would like or in a way it fits their style. I think this is becoming more important now than when it started with AC II. It's time the fans got options to customize the Assassin for their immersion.

HudisAbeba
11-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Leaps of faith say hi.

Of course there is that, but I was talking about combat and movement design in characters. Leap of faith always truck me more as a necessary evil to make getting down from towers less of a hassle.

How is a hood immersion breaking? This is AC.

Regardless how 'iconic' the hood is for the assassins, I don't think any assassin would wear a hood in public after the crusades, basically. It's even mentioned several times in the games, how the hood represents the 'secret order'. In other words, anyone (especially a templar) who sees someone with a couple of weapons and a white hood will immediately know it's an assassin, and that doesn't exactly strike me as something an assassin would strive for. Also, while there was a blend-in factor for Altaïr with the monks in the Holy Land, it has been the opposite ever since AC2; the protagonist has been the only character (even among assassins) to wear a white hood, except perhaps in Constantinople where the assassins seem to be viewed more as a gang than a secret organization. I just don't see the need to make the protagonist so incredibly unique and special-looking. I'd rather go for the "hide in plain sight" approach at all times. So that's why I generally don't use the hooded outfits, and also find it a bit irksome to be forced to constantly wear two pistols, two swords and a blowpipe.

JnrfL
11-30-2013, 05:46 PM
The poll should look like this.

I want the option to remove weapons in AC4 (really just the blowpipe if we're being honest, they're not going to let you remove just one sword, that's not how the game works.)

I don't care about the option to remove weapons in AC4.

That doesn't actually bring the message to light... This thread is to acknowledge that the fans want weapon customization and not simply "remove the blowpipe movement".

I never said you did, I just agree that more guns is actually nice for AC4.

I hope they see this as a community "need" for character customization options, not just in this game but future installments. People like to see their assassin the way they would like or in a way it fits their style. I think this is becoming more important now than when it started with AC II. It's time the fans got options to customize the Assassin for their immersion.

Definitely! I hope the Devs could start with the blowpipe... Please remove it from Edward's back. :'(

MnemonicSyntax
11-30-2013, 06:22 PM

No, my point is that you keep saying that you know for sure why the ugly blow pipe wasn't included in the statue or promotional advertisements, pictures, etc. But you don't know for sure.

I don't know for sure. No one knows for sure.

I don't care about the blowpipe. I'm saying that if it pleases fans, to move it to the hip from the back, however, it's not as easy as you make it out to be.

And then people will say "but they did it in AC3 with the hood, so why not here?"

And the answer to that is simple. The hood was already rigged to go up or down on the homestead versus anywhere else. if the blowpipe was rigged to the hip or the side, for let's say a special mission, then it would be "easy" but it's not. They have to rig that to Edward.

All I'm saying is, you probably shouldn't expect much, and just enjoy the game as is as much as you can. They might change it, and hopefully they do, but I wouldn't wait around for it.

It would be easier to add a hood button/option because it already exists in game. The blowpipe at the hip does not, so it would have to be created that way.

Also, the whole customization in AC2 was for the robes and the armor was just meant to show different strengths as you moved up the ladder. I guess Ubi never realized that people would rather have an Assassin that "looks good" over having a complete health bar or using a crossbow "because it looks dumb."

Form over function I suppose.

HudisAbeba
11-30-2013, 07:32 PM
And I've seen the single sword animations, and while they look good, quick, and effective, they have more sound bugs than the other weapons, along with less animations.

I just tested this for a bit, alternating between two swords and one sword. For me, the single sword had much better synced audio, less bugs, while the two swords are quite a bit worse. I guess it might be different from player to player, though I'm not sure why. I really hope they will eventually let us remove one sword, or exchange a dual wielding pair for a normal cutlass (like the one that almost all the NPCs in the game use - and which is right next to the mannequin in your captain's cabin, which kinda makes it strange that it's nowhere to be found for use despite easily being the most realistic looking weapon in the game), I mean, how hard can it be? The codes are already there, same with a potential hood on/off toggle.

Landruner
11-30-2013, 08:10 PM
I just tested this for a bit, alternating between two swords and one sword. For me, the single sword had much better synced audio, less bugs, while the two swords are quite a bit worse. I guess it might be different from player to player, though I'm not sure why. I really hope they will eventually let us remove one sword, or exchange a dual wielding pair for a normal cutlass (like the one that almost all the NPCs in the game use - and which is right next to the mannequin in your captain's cabin, which kinda makes it strange that it's nowhere to be found for use despite easily being the most realistic looking weapon in the game), I mean, how hard can it be? The codes are already there, same with a potential hood on/off toggle.

No it can't be hard like you said it is already on the script and this kind of stuff can easily being patched - I hope they do!

rob.davies2014
11-30-2013, 09:19 PM

I suppose it comes down to personal preference, I'd rather all these abilities were given to one tool/weapon each and that they put a lot of thought into which of these are included and how.

When I headed out at the beginning of that mission I felt like a true Assassin. :o

JnrfL
12-04-2013, 06:28 AM
No, my point is that you keep saying that you know for sure why the ugly blow pipe wasn't included in the statue or promotional advertisements, pictures, etc. But you don't know for sure.

I don't know for sure. No one knows for sure.

I don't care about the blowpipe. I'm saying that if it pleases fans, to move it to the hip from the back, however, it's not as easy as you make it out to be.

And then people will say "but they did it in AC3 with the hood, so why not here?"

And the answer to that is simple. The hood was already rigged to go up or down on the homestead versus anywhere else. if the blowpipe was rigged to the hip or the side, for let's say a special mission, then it would be "easy" but it's not. They have to rig that to Edward.

All I'm saying is, you probably shouldn't expect much, and just enjoy the game as is as much as you can. They might change it, and hopefully they do, but I wouldn't wait around for it.

It would be easier to add a hood button/option because it already exists in game. The blowpipe at the hip does not, so it would have to be created that way.

Also, the whole customization in AC2 was for the robes and the armor was just meant to show different strengths as you moved up the ladder. I guess Ubi never realized that people would rather have an Assassin that "looks good" over having a complete health bar or using a crossbow "because it looks dumb."

Form over function I suppose.

Well I presume there is a code that let's the blowpipe be off Edward's back since it can be removed when you reload a sequence that was before attaining the blowpipe. I suppose a "on and off" like feature for hood if implemented can be done to the blowpipe to solve the problem the easy way, rather than putting the effort and placing it at Edward's hip. I just really hate it's poor placement because of how it destroys the aesthetics and the atmosphere for fans like myself.

Come on, you could use the rope darts even though it's not present in Edward's body. <.<

I believe this thread exist for the purpose of making Ubisoft be aware that weapon customization is what the fans want.

I suppose it comes down to personal preference, I'd rather all these abilities were given to one tool/weapon each and that they put a lot of thought into which of these are included and how.

When I headed out at the beginning of that mission I felt like a true Assassin. :o

Well I'm not really against multiple weapons, but I would rather these weapons be concealed like the "hidden" blades rather than showing them off like a amateur assassin.

Definitely! In my opinion a true assassin depends solely with his hidden blades and how he interacts with his surroundings to complete his objective. Well in a minimalist perspective that is.

MnemonicSyntax
12-04-2013, 06:56 AM
What defines an "amateur" assassin though? One that isn't prepared because he decided to leave the blowpipe back at home?

You can still see a blowpipe if it were on the side of the body.

It doesn't destroy anything, you let it do that. Edward is a pirate, armed to the teeth. A blowpipe should be the least of your worries if you're trying to not destroy the atmosphere of the game. Two guns on his chest? Two swords? Two guns at his hip?

The idea of the hidden blades is for those to be hidden. Not "hidden armory." The hidden blades are meant to surprise people who aren't aware of them, which I'm fairly sure since Du Casse is literally just PASSING THEM OUT, that the Templars are well aware of their existence.

I think you just want to stare at his back for some strange reason. You've said the same for Ezio, and it still amazes me that people would rather worry about how their Assassin looks like over how they play him. If you don't ever buy a crossbow, how to do you complete the Achievements for Brotherhood and Revelations?

NeoMorph WTH
12-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Whenever I look at Edward's back I keep thinking "It really looks like he's a combat bard with a flute on his back" heh.

The biggest thing that is missing is the option to use a musket in inventory. OK you can pick them up but it's not the same. An assassin (ok pirate this time) really needs a long range weapon in their arsenal.

AssassinHMS
12-04-2013, 12:53 PM
There is nothing really to be argued here. Just allow the player to remove both weapons and armor and EVERYONE will be happy. It’s easy to do (I suppose) and it makes a huge difference.

What defines an "amateur" assassin though? One that isn't prepared because he decided to leave the blowpipe back at home?

It doesn't destroy anything, you let it do that. Edward is a pirate, armed to the teeth. A blowpipe should be the least of your worries if you're trying to not destroy the atmosphere of the game. Two guns on his chest? Two swords? Two guns at his hip?

The idea of the hidden blades is for those to be hidden. Not "hidden armory." The hidden blades are meant to surprise people who aren't aware of them, which I'm fairly sure since Du Casse is literally just PASSING THEM OUT, that the Templars are well aware of their existence.

I think you just want to stare at his back for some strange reason. You've said the same for Ezio, and it still amazes me that people would rather worry about how their Assassin looks like over how they play him. If you don't ever buy a crossbow, how to do you complete the Achievements for Brotherhood and Revelations?

There is nothing wrong with an assassin armed to the teeth (unless it’s obvious that he wouldn’t be able to parkour or to swim in real life). However, when the weapons are in plain sight and the game “pretends” the assassin is able to blend with civilians or to walk the streets unnoticed, it becomes preposterous, it breaks immersion.

Now, there is also room for preference and personal taste. I for one like challenge. I also happen to favor stealth and I escape if forced to face more than three enemies at once. In other words, I like to play as a real assassin. And why do I say “real”? Because that is what happens in real life. There are no enemies that wait for you to attack, you aren’t Hulk that crushes opponents as if they were ants. I play as if I was in a believable world and not in a casual one (because casual isn’t nearly as fun as an intense experience). And why do I make this effort? Because there is no fun in being “above” the game, above the rules. I don’t like to mess around in a game as that comes with a big price - the realization that it is just a game which is where, whatever there was left of immersion, is lost.

This is what happens to players who want to be in the shoes of an assassin. How can we do that, if the game treats itself like a game, allows us to be Hulk and doesn’t encourage the player to think or plan like an assassin? There is just no way. I try to pretend there is a reason to hide from ants (enemies), I pretend that there is a reason to plan before attempting to execute the stealth approach and I pretend there is a reason to escape from those same ants. In other words, I pretend there is a reason to use the core mechanics, I pretend that Assassin’s Creed is about being an assassin and not about being Hulk. However, since there is no challenge and we are playing as an overpowered Hulk, there is no tension or thrill in stealth, combat is deprived of fun and excitement and escaping isn’t breathtaking or exhilarating. The experience isn’t intense, I don’t get to feel like an assassin and the core mechanics are unbalanced and pointless since combat does the job of both navigation and stealth. There is no immersion.

The same can be said for weapons and armor. Like I said, I like challenge and I like to assassinate in a simple but creative way. This is why I only want to carry a hidden blade (plus a few throwing knives perhaps). I like to rely on my skill and brain instead of having a huge arsenal of weapons to do that job for me. It takes away challenge, the assassin essence and immersion.
It’s not about being an amateur, it’s about being in the experience, immersed in it instead of being above it. In real life, an assassin who displayed his weapons wouldn’t be able to blend, wouldn’t be able to carry his job and would be killed in a blink of an eye while his enemies would be thinking “What an amateur! He doesn’t even know how to conceal himself (how to be a blade in the crowd and not a tank in a crowd).”

Assassin’s Creed needs to regain its essence and immersion and the first step is to let players remove both their weapons and armor.

MnemonicSyntax
12-04-2013, 03:57 PM
There is nothing really to be argued here. Just allow the player to remove both weapons and armor and EVERYONE will be happy. It’s easy to do (I suppose) and it makes a huge difference.

There is nothing wrong with an assassin armed to the teeth (unless it’s obvious that he wouldn’t be able to parkour or to swim in real life). However, when the weapons are in plain sight and the game “pretends” the assassin is able to blend with civilians or to walk the streets unnoticed, it becomes preposterous, it breaks immersion.

Now, there is also room for preference and personal taste. I for one like challenge. I also happen to favor stealth and I escape if forced to face more than three enemies at once. In other words, I like to play as a real assassin. And why do I say “real”? Because that is what happens in real life. There are no enemies that wait for you to attack, you aren’t Hulk that crushes opponents as if they were ants. I play as if I was in a believable world and not in a casual one (because casual isn’t nearly as fun as an intense experience). And why do I make this effort? Because there is no fun in being “above” the game, above the rules. I don’t like to mess around in a game as that comes with a big price - the realization that it is just a game which is where, whatever there was left of immersion, is lost.

This is what happens to players who want to be in the shoes of an assassin. How can we do that, if the game treats itself like a game, allows us to be Hulk and doesn’t encourage the player to think or plan like an assassin? There is just no way. I try to pretend there is a reason to hide from ants (enemies), I pretend that there is a reason to plan before attempting to execute the stealth approach and I pretend there is a reason to escape from those same ants. In other words, I pretend there is a reason to use the core mechanics, I pretend that Assassin’s Creed is about being an assassin and not about being Hulk. However, since there is no challenge and we are playing as an overpowered Hulk, there is no tension or thrill in stealth, combat is deprived of fun and excitement and escaping isn’t breathtaking or exhilarating. The experience isn’t intense, I don’t get to feel like an assassin and the core mechanics are unbalanced and pointless since combat does the job of both navigation and stealth. There is no immersion.

The same can be said for weapons and armor. Like I said, I like challenge and I like to assassinate in a simple but creative way. This is why I only want to carry a hidden blade (plus a few throwing knives perhaps). I like to rely on my skill and brain instead of having a huge arsenal of weapons to do that job for me. It takes away challenge, the assassin essence and immersion.
It’s not about being an amateur, it’s about being in the experience, immersed in it instead of being above it. In real life, an assassin who displayed his weapons wouldn’t be able to blend, wouldn’t be able to carry his job and would be killed in a blink of an eye while his enemies would be thinking “What an amateur! He doesn’t even know how to conceal himself (how to be a blade in the crowd and not a tank in a crowd).”

Assassin’s Creed needs to regain its essence and immersion and the first step is to let players remove both their weapons and armor.

Blah blah blah. You're a broken record mate, with delusions of what Assassin's Creed once was, and it was never what you're describing.

I think it's ridiculous you keep talking about being a "real" Assassin when Altair and Ezio both did the opposite of what you're proposing. So what defines a real Assassin? Oh, that's right. Someone who kills people.

It's funny how much you love Altair so much, yet he's the one that told Malek that an Assassin's work should be known.

Have you even played 4 yet? Answer that question (because you dodge a lot of them, which makes it difficult to even hold a conversation with you) if you haven't, combat is much more difficult. Yes there's a pattern, yes it can be easy, but the thinking you so desire is there. You have to plan out your attacks, grab the Brute next to you as a human shield because you can't counter or chain assassinate them. The difficult has been raised. I hardly used smoke bombs in previous AC games and I find myself using your "tactic" to escape and regain health. Yes I can take down multiple guards (it's more than 4) but Edward isn't a "Hulk." There's a real chance of failure.

SixKeys
12-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Have you even played 4 yet? Answer that question (because you dodge a lot of them, which makes it difficult to even hold a conversation with you) if you haven't, combat is much more difficult. Yes there's a pattern, yes it can be easy, but the thinking you so desire is there. You have to plan out your attacks, grab the Brute next to you as a human shield because you can't counter or chain assassinate them. The difficult has been raised. I hardly used smoke bombs in previous AC games and I find myself using your "tactic" to escape and regain health. Yes I can take down multiple guards (it's more than 4) but Edward isn't a "Hulk." There's a real chance of failure.

I have to disagree with this. AC3's combat was more difficult than AC4's. Not that it's saying much, but combat in AC4 is as easy as every other title. Brutes' strikes can be evaded much more frequently than in AC3, there are no soldiers equivalent to Jaegers (who would counter every move) and four-pistol insta-kills make it easy to get out of any combat situation. The only times I've died in combat was when I was faffing about and not paying attention.

AssassinHMS
12-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Blah blah blah. You're a broken record mate, with delusions of what Assassin's Creed once was, and it was never what you're describing.

I think it's ridiculous you keep talking about being a "real" Assassin when Altair and Ezio both did the opposite of what you're proposing. So what defines a real Assassin? Oh, that's right. Someone who kills people.

It's funny how much you love Altair so much, yet he's the one that told Malek that an Assassin's work should be known.

Stop dodging the actual discussion. I made rational points and gave facts. If all you have to say is “Blah blah blah” and add a bunch of irrelevant and wrong ideas then no wonder you’re having trouble holding a conversation with me. AC4 combat is, pretty much, in the same level of other AC titles and it still doesn’t fix the problems I named in my previous post.

Also, Assassin and assassin are two different things.

MnemonicSyntax
12-04-2013, 04:16 PM
I have to disagree with this. AC3's combat was more difficult than AC4's. Not that it's saying much, but combat in AC4 is as easy as every other title. Brutes' strikes can be evaded much more frequently than in AC3, there are no soldiers equivalent to Jaegers (who would counter every move) and four-pistol insta-kills make it easy to get out of any combat situation. The only times I've died in combat was when I was faffing about and not paying attention.

You cannot chain kill or counter kill Brutes. The animations are much more slower, allowing another guard to attack, and while I didn't mention it, I was talking about melee combat, not ranged.

My point was, with all that mentioned above, there's a real chance of failure and Edward isn't the power house that Connor is. You cannot chain attack the Soldiers in 4 over the ones in 3, even Jaegers. You could actually counter a Jaeger, and you could also chain kill multiple in a row as long as the first counter landed, which is what makes Jaegers easy anyway.

The same cannot be said for 4, because it's not just counter/kill. It might be counter/evade, or counter/throw, but counter/kill isn't as easy with upper level classes, especially Brutes.

MnemonicSyntax
12-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Stop dodging the actual discussion. I made rational points and gave facts. If all you have to say is “Blah blah blah” and add a bunch of irrelevant and wrong ideas then no wonder you’re having trouble holding a conversation with me. AC4 combat is, pretty much, in the same level of other AC titles and it still doesn’t fix the problems I named in my previous post.

Also, Assassin and assassin are two different things.

There is no actual discussion with you. You want it to be one certain way, and some of the ways you want are evident in 4, which you still didn't answer the question.

And you call them problems, but also say what it "once was" yet you turn around here and say it's the same thing.

And how are two of the exact same words, only difference one being capitalized, different?

Lastly, before, I've told you that the stuff you think "isn't real" like fighting more than 4 guards at once, actually is. Krav Maga. It's a martial art that relies on countering and you can leave a "pile" of incapacitated bodies on the floor. But you dodged that comment too.

So each time you say something "isn't real" or "isn't the way you thought it was" and I come back and prove you wrong, you ignore it. But I'm dodging the conversation here? Right.

AssassinHMS
12-04-2013, 04:39 PM
There is no actual discussion with you. You want it to be one certain way, and some of the ways you want are evident in 4, which you still didn't answer the question.

And you call them problems, but also say what it "once was" yet you turn around here and say it's the same thing.

And how are two of the exact same words, only difference one being capitalized, different?

Lastly, before, I've told you that the stuff you think "isn't real" like fighting more than 4 guards at once, actually is. Krav Maga. It's a martial art that relies on countering and you can leave a "pile" of incapacitated bodies on the floor. But you dodged that comment too.

So each time you say something "isn't real" or "isn't the way you thought it was" and I come back and prove you wrong, you ignore it. But I'm dodging the conversation here? Right.

Blah, blah, blah. Let’s get back to the topic.
Anyway, I presented the problems (that many other people have as well) and offered a solution. All you do is fail to acknowledge those problems or call them “my” problems but you never contribute, all you do is start this cycle about their existence or relevance without ever giving a solution or listening to people.

I find ways to improve social stealth, I explain how to improve the combat system, I take my time to figure out how to improve navigation and I give ideas on how to improve the whole experience and whatnot. What do you do? You don’t find answers, your only concern is to try to make my points look irrelevant or to discredit me and ignore my ideas or say “Blah, blah, blah”. You don’t dodge my points, you evade them.

MnemonicSyntax
12-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Blah, blah, blah. Let’s get back to the topic.
Anyway, I presented the problems (that many other people have as well) and offered a solution. All you do is fail to acknowledge those problems or call them “my” problems but you never contribute, all you do is start this cycle about their existence or relevance without ever giving a solution or listening to people.

I find ways to improve social stealth, I explain how to improve the combat system, I take my time to figure out how to improve navigation and I give ideas on how to improve the whole experience and whatnot. What do you do? You don’t find answers, your only concern is to try to make my points look irrelevant or to discredit me and ignore my ideas or say “Blah, blah, blah”. You don’t dodge my points, you evade them.

Again, look at you! What's the difference between "Assassin" and "assassin?" Again, have you played 4?

I have also contributed to the problems, but yours is the end all to be all, and what you think is a solution when myself and others have told you it's not that clear cut. I offer suggestions, ideas. You're so conceited you think that your ideas are the answer. They're NOT. They're just IDEAS. AN OPINION.

I've also PROVED to you multiple times that the material you think isn't realistic, actually are realistic.

English must not be your first language either. Evade and dodge are the same thing. ANY Thesaurus will tell you that.

Here, since everything else I've told you has been...dodged I'll link you to the page. No dodging this one! http://thesaurus.com/browse/Evade

Also, go read any of my posts that aren't in response to yours (because I'm trying to show you the light and you're already convinced your way is the only way) and how I offer help to other people, and provide solutions, not repeat myself over and over on how I think combat is sooooo easy and state what needs to be done to change the franchise OR ELSE DOOM!

Seriously man, I've said, others have said it. You're full of yourself. Your "ideas" aren't a solution for the masses and you insult others while discussing your "solution."

You're a one trick pony. I've tried to help you understand and prove to you that it's not as clear cut as can be, I've given you multiple chances to see the light and you just keep spouting the same thing over and over again. We get it. You don't want to fight more than 4 guards because that's not real, and it gives a sense of danger so fleeing and stealth would enforce the increased "pillar" of combat. And oh, before you go hide, don't forget navigation!

AC hasn't been the same since... I don't know, whatever delusions I have of the first game with all that clever stealth and difficult combat and excellent navigation the first game had.

That's you, in a nutshell.

AssassinHMS
12-04-2013, 05:36 PM
MnemonicSyntax,

Look at yourself…………………….You can’t even discuss a topic. All you do is add your irrelevant posts, run away from the discussion and attack the poster directly. These posts of yours are nothing but mud. They’re meaningless to the discussion and are full of imbecility.

So don’t spread your mud onto my posts. By all means ignore them, burry yourself deeper in that same mud.

Once again you fail to discuss a topic or present solutions.
You’re incapable of saying anything relevant, therefore you don’t deserve my time.

MnemonicSyntax
12-04-2013, 05:41 PM
MnemonicSyntax,

Look at yourself…………………….You can’t even discuss a topic. All you do is add your irrelevant posts, run away from the discussion and attack the poster directly. These posts of yours are nothing but mud. They’re meaningless to the discussion and are full of imbecility.

So don’t spread your mud onto my posts. By all means ignore them, burry yourself deeper in that same mud.

Once again you fail to discuss a topic or present solutions.
You’re incapable of saying anything relevant, therefore you don’t deserve my time.

Answer the questions I asked, stopped dodging them, stop insulting others and above all, stop being a hypocrite.

You've done every single thing you've accused me of. Are you that full of yourself that you always have to be right?

Well, I'll re-add you to my ignore list until the next AC, and then we can hear the same broken record that you keep spouting as the answer because the next game won't be "realistic" enough.

I'm sorry you're arrogance has blinded you.

Hans684
12-04-2013, 06:33 PM
A good read to day, keep it going people!

shamanio
12-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Hope ubi will hear us and add remove weapon thing from Edward and other main characters(mb in next ac games).

Also I think disable upgrades of jackdaw will be popular(i has install the raw on my ship, now she looks not so well, but theres no way back..)

HudisAbeba
12-04-2013, 10:12 PM
I don't really understand what the issue is, why people are voting against this or why there's even a discussion about it. The only thing advocated is choice - or at least that's what I support. It's seriously mind-boggling to me how anyone can be against it being possible for oneself and other players to choose what to use and what not to use. If anyone can give a direct answer to that, that'd be great, because so far reading this thread has provided very little in that regard.

The Assassin's Creed series has a very large and diverse fanbase, and people like to play in different ways. As I see it, the best way to handle that is to offer options in how you play the game. No extremes are necessary, just the presence of options here and there. As it is now, that's not how it is. I'm an avid fan of stealth games, I play them a lot, I am good at them and yet no matter how hard I try to play AC4 like one, it will not let me because it keeps forcing me into situations where I have to whip out the double swords and attract half the guards in the area. That's not something I ever thought appropriate for Assassin's Creed. However, others do, and that's fine - that's why options are important.

Landruner
12-04-2013, 10:27 PM
I don't really understand what the issue is, why people are voting against this or why there's even a discussion about it. The only thing advocated is choice - or at least that's what I support. It's seriously mind-boggling to me how anyone can be against it being possible for oneself and other players to choose what to use and what not to use. If anyone can give a direct answer to that, that'd be great, because so far reading this thread has provided very little in that regard.

The Assassin's Creed series has a very large and diverse fanbase, and people like to play in different ways. As I see it, the best way to handle that is to offer options in how you play the game. No extremes are necessary, just the presence of options here and there. As it is now, that's not how it is. I'm an avid fan of stealth games, I play them a lot, I am good at them and yet no matter how hard I try to play AC4 like one, it will not let me because it keeps forcing me into situations where I have to whip out the double swords and attract half the guards in the area. That's not something I ever thought appropriate for Assassin's Creed. However, others do, and that's fine - that's why options are important.

Well I have to say each time someone comes here with an interesting idea you have Fanboys coming to argue with them thinking that they will get a best User on the month grant by the moderators of this forum. I agree with you, the debate about the option to leave the player has the choice to select their weapon came a long time ago, after Brotherhood, and when additional weapon came in to the game, nothing had been done despite the fact that many asked. Even worse now they just remove the weapons variety instead.

For the blowpipe on the back of Ed, Devs had been told event before E3 that it was a mistake, and at least put it the way as Aveline does in Liberation, even after some other by Twitter or re-edit made the same solicitation about this blowpipe story ... Considerations and requests have always been taken, but the result is still the same.

Kayewla
12-04-2013, 11:13 PM

As the newly joined self-proclaimed local historian, I just had to log on to adress this little issue.

If you don't know the difference between an "Assassin" and an "assassin", you haven't been paying attention, have you? The two terms aren't mutually exclusive, true. But there's a clear difference in definition. Being an assassin is, as we all know, being a killer - usually in the context of politics. Being an Assassin though, is about following a specific ideology of freedom - pretty much a form of anarchism. The ideology doesn't demand political assassinations by its adherents, it's simply a part of its utilitarian side.

Just to delve a little bit into the etymological side of it; the term "assassin" which is the most commonly known term, was derived from the original term "Assassin" that referred to the order and followers of that specific ideology. The reason being that the Assassins were known to carry out what we have dubbed assassinations.

Hope this cleared things up.

On-topic:
I don't see why we can't have the choice of leaving any weapons of our own choice behind, whenever we wanted. Doesn't hurt the gameplay in any way.

SixKeys
12-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Just to delve a little bit into the etymological side of it; the term "assassin" which is the most commonly known term, was derived from the original term "Assassin" that referred to the order and followers of that specific ideology.

Nitpick: the original term was Hashashin, or Asasiyun.

Kayewla
12-04-2013, 11:23 PM
Nitpick: the original term was Hashashin, or Asasiyun.

True. But "Assassin" was the way it was pronounced by the Europeans who came into contact with the Assassins of Syria. That is where the commonly used word "assassin" comes from. But yes, originally Asasiyun or Hashshashin.

MnemonicSyntax
12-04-2013, 11:49 PM
As the newly joined self-proclaimed local historian, I just had to log on to adress this little issue.

You lost me right here. Everything you had to say went out the window.

There is no difference between using a capital letter or a lower case letter when typing the word Assassin. If you'd like to show me some evidence of this, I'd be glad to read it, but "self-proclaimed" doesn't mean jack.

And not paying attention? Really mate? Tell me, what exactly am I to pay attention to oh great and wise self-appointed historian.

Also, Hudis, I'm all for options. HMS is not. He believes that combat needs to be improved so stealth can shine and in order for stealth to shine, so does navigation. By way of combat improving, his example is that he doesn't think anyone can "handle" four or more guards and if it's that many, then they need to run and hide because it's not "realistic" to be able to take down so many and have dead bodies on the ground, otherwise you're a "Hulk" and the enemies are "ants" and if you want to go on a slaughter, you can turn on a cheat for that.

But I've pointed out multiple times that anyone with any training can incapacitate multiple people. Krav Maga is a perfect example of this.

EDIT: Actually, there IS a difference with the capitalization, so I was wrong. However, since we're talking Assassin's Creed games, there is no difference, except that...oops, I forgot to capitalize a letter. It may have even been my auto spell check, because my work computer doesn't think "Assassin" should be capitalized unless it's at the beginning of a sentence.

Still though, I'm not sure what the first definition has to do with these games, or what I should be "paying attention to."

Meriam-Webster defines it as: capitalized : a member of a Shia Muslim sect who at the time of the Crusades was sent out on a suicidal mission to murder prominent enemies

That doesn't even apply to the games, regardless.

Kayewla
12-05-2013, 12:06 AM
You lost me right here. Everything you had to say went out the window.

There is no difference between using a capital letter or a lower case letter when typing the word Assassin. If you'd like to show me some evidence of this, I'd be glad to read it, but "self-proclaimed" doesn't mean jack.

And not paying attention? Really mate? Tell me, what exactly am I to pay attention to oh great and wise self-appointed historian.

No need for sarcasm. It was meant as a dry joke, even though I am in fact a master's degree student of history. Not that it matters here on the internet, where nothing is true apparently. Which makes me look rather silly even mentioning it now that I think of it.

Well, you could start by picking up any book covering the subject of Assassins and their ideology, if you can be bothered reading up on it. I have two suggestions here: "The Assassin Legends: Myths of the Isma'ilis" by F. Daftary (gives a good non-eurocentric perspective on the subject) and "The Assassins" by B. Lewis. They both cover most of what is known. You might even want to check out Wikipedia, as it will likely state the same.

Now why does this relate to the Assassins in Assassin's Creed? Well, the first game revolves around the actual Assassins and their creed/ideology, hence "Assassin's Creed". This is the primary theme of the game series. You might also ask why do all Assassins in Assassin's Creed kill then? Short answer, they don't. For instance, Shaun Hastings is an Assassin, but he is not an assassin.

MnemonicSyntax
12-05-2013, 12:13 AM
No need for sarcasm. It was meant as a dry joke, even though I am in fact a master's degree student of history. Not that it matters here on the internet, where nothing is true apparently. Which makes me look rather silly even mentioning it now that I think of it.

Well, you could start by picking up any book covering the subject of Assassins and their ideology, if you can be bothered reading up on it. I have two suggestions here: "The Assassin Legends: Myths of the Isma'ilis" by F. Daftary (gives a good non-eurocentric perspective on the subject) and "The Assassins" by B. Lewis. They both cover most of what is known. You might even want to check out Wikipedia, as it will likely state the same.

Now why does this relate to the Assassins in Assassin's Creed? Well, the first game revolves around the actual Assassins and their creed/ideology, hence "Assassin's Creed". This is the primary theme of the game series. You might also ask why do all Assassins in Assassin's Creed kill then? Short answer, they don't. For instance, Shaun Hastings is an Assassin, but he is not an assassin.

Right so... every Assassin in Assassin's Creed is an Assassin. We've come full circle.

Kayewla
12-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Right so... every Assassin in Assassin's Creed is an Assassin. We've come full circle.

Yes correct, but every assassin in Assassin's Creed is not an Assassin, and vice versa. The same logic used in the case of Hastings can be applied to Thomas Hickey who was a Templar (thus can't be an Assassin), but he was an assassin as he tried to murder Washington.

MnemonicSyntax
12-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Yes correct, but every assassin in Assassin's Creed is not an Assassin, and vice versa. The same logic used in the case of Hastings can be applied to Thomas Hickey who was a Templar (thus can't be an Assassin), but he was an assassin as he tried to murder Washington.

Right so... besides a probable misspelling due to a capital letter, we're on the same page then.

AssassinHMS
12-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Right so... besides a probable misspelling due to a capital letter, we're on the same page then.

Shhhh, shh…I know you tried.

TheBlindGuest, I guess you’re starting to know what it is like to try to explain something to this guy, and this is an easy concept!
Anyway, thank you for trying to explain what I meant in the first place. I just want to say that you are much braver than I.

MnemonicSyntax
12-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Oh shut the **** up, you arrogant, egotistic **** sucker.

Go cry in a ****ing corner when AC 5 still isn't "your way", *******.

Stop trying to turn people away from me, ya ****in ******bag.

Landruner
12-05-2013, 12:43 AM

Okay, I read above that AssassinHMS is not for option (?) - THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!!

Most of the posts of HMS with ideas and suggestion had been turned and jerked around in order to make him look like an extremist fool, which he is not!

HMS came with on this thread and on some other past threads with a lot of good ideas and he tried to do the best he could to explain them, which had not been easy and frustrating since he had been mocked and his post had been totally misleading on his disfavor.

I hope that anyone from the dev teams or anyone it may concern at Ubisoft that could read this thread pay attention an acute attention for what HMS wrote and proposed and draw a line with what it is actually possible to do with his idea for the installments of this franchise.

And anyone that has any idea or suggestion like HMS and some others do, well continue to post them, we can agree or disagree with them, but it is always to have material and ideas for the devs to pick from or getting inspired by.

AssassinHMS
12-05-2013, 12:54 AM
Oh shut the **** up, you arrogant, egotistic **** sucker.

Go cry in a ****ing corner when AC 5 still isn't "your way", *******.

Stop trying to turn people away from me, ya ****in ******bag.

Oh, what's wrong? Too much to handle? Ahahah

Landruner
12-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Oh, what's wrong? Too much to handle? Ahahah

Friend please drop it, you made your point. The all thing turns into a trolling pissing contest now, you both disagree, fine, just ignore each other and let come back to the topic and to your ideas and suggestions. And syntax is welcome to participate too.

AssassinHMS
12-05-2013, 01:03 AM
Okay, I read above that AssassinHMS is not for option (?) - THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!!

Most of the posts of HMS with ideas and suggestion had been turned and jerked around in order to make him look like an extremist fool, which he is not!

HMS came with on this thread and on some other past threads with a lot of good ideas and he tried to do the best he could to explain them, which had not been easy and frustrating since he had been mocked and his post had been totally misleading on his disfavor.

I hope that anyone from the dev teams or anyone it may concern at Ubisoft that could read this thread pay attention an acute attention for what HMS wrote and proposed and draw a line with what it is actually possible to do with his idea for the installments of this franchise.

And anyone that has any idea or suggestion like HMS and some others do, well continue to post them, we can agree or disagree with them, but it is always to have material and ideas for the devs to pick from or getting inspired by.

Thank you Landruner!
It's useless trying to explain the obvious to him, he is always one neuron short of a synapse.

Friend please drop it, you made your point. The all thing turns into a trolling pissing contest now, you both disagree, fine, just ignore each other and let come back to the topic and to your ideas and suggestions. And syntax is welcome to participate too.

Yeah, you're right.

I was thinking that the poll options in this thread don't make much sense since the second option isn't necessarily the opposite of the first. I mean, the options should be something like: 1 - add the option to remove weapons 2 - being forced to have the entire arsenal on us the entire time is better.

MnemonicSyntax
12-05-2013, 01:11 AM

I was wrong about you.

In regards to what I was talking about HMS earlier, and said that he didn't want options, it's true. He thinks if combat is four or more people, you should run away, like a coward. And use stealth. And navigation. Those aren't his options, that's what he wants. He doesn't see it as an opinion, he sees it as a fact. That's the truth. He's said it before.

And he wants to continue to insult me? That's fine. Yeah, it's too much too handle. Arrogance, closed minded, pretentious people are always too much too handle and so I'm done with him, and this forum. If he thinks it's okay to continue to insult people and have all the answers, while everyone else is wrong, that's fine. The real world doesn't work that way, but with all this talk of wanting a "real" Assassin's Creed, what do I know? Apparently nothing.

After all, I'm just an idiot, one neuron short of a synapse.

THAT. Is what I meant when he doesn't want options. It's either his way, or "Assassin's Creed will fail."

Good day to you.

xx-pyro
12-05-2013, 01:16 AM
Thank you Landruner!
It's useless trying to explain the obvious to him, he is always one neuron short of a synapse.

Can you please for the love of God stop saying that (you've said it to me before too)? You quite clearly don't know what either a neuron nor a synapse is.

AssassinHMS
12-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Can you please for the love of God stop saying that (you've said it to me before too)? You quite clearly don't know what either a neuron nor a synapse is.

Oh great, now I need to differentiate...fine, I'll look for another expression.
Now, please, let’s talk about Assassin’s Creed

Landruner
12-05-2013, 01:19 AM
@AssassinHMS, I am more for the player option left for the player to pick up the weapon he/she wants to carry (This way you do not have all the weapons with you all the time, and it leave the opportunity to have more weapon selection as well) - I prefer this way that having the all arsenal with the player. Something which was good but they did not exploit it correctly in AC3, was the fact to have the horse coming to refill your ammo, instead I will have put the horse has a portal inventory and left the option that player could select and permute the weapons he/she wants to carry directly from the horse, somewhat more practical that going back to the homestead to replace the swords by a heavy Axe or else. In AC4 the horse is missing, but they could have use a crew member to be called and carry the weapon for you. Anyway if you got back to a store you can switch them there, but it is somewhat a bit better to stay put and having the weapon you can select just after a whistle .

AssassinHMS
12-05-2013, 01:29 AM
@AssassinHMS, I am more for the player option left for the player to pick up the weapon he/she wants to carry (This way you do not have all the weapons with you all the time, and it leave the opportunity to have more weapon selection as well) - I prefer this way that having the all arsenal with the player. Something which was good but they did not exploit it correctly in AC3, was the fact to have the horse coming to refill your ammo, instead I will have put the horse has a portal inventory and left the option that player could select and permute the weapons he/she wants to carry directly from the horse, somewhat more practical that going back to the homestead to replace the swords by a heavy Axe or else. In AC4 the horse is missing, but they could have use a crew member to be called and carry the weapon for you. Anyway if you got back to a store you can switch them there, but it is somewhat a bit better to stay put and having the weapon you can select just after a whistle .

Yeah, that would be nice. But doesn't the Jackdaw have the captain's cabin? Perhaps they could let the player remove/add weapons there.

As for a future AC they could let the horse carry some lighter gear so that, if we need something when we’re far from general stores, all we need to do is to whistle and take what we want from our mount (darts, a knife, etc.). Of course this would make even more sense if there was a weight limit.

Landruner
12-05-2013, 01:31 AM
I was wrong about you.

In regards to what I was talking about HMS earlier, and said that he didn't want options, it's true. He thinks if combat is four or more people, you should run away, like a coward. And use stealth. And navigation. Those aren't his options, that's what he wants. He doesn't see it as an opinion, he sees it as a fact. That's the truth. He's said it before.

And he wants to continue to insult me? That's fine. Yeah, it's too much too handle. Arrogance, closed minded, pretentious people are always too much too handle and so I'm done with him, and this forum. If he thinks it's okay to continue to insult people and have all the answers, while everyone else is wrong, that's fine. The real world doesn't work that way, but with all this talk of wanting a "real" Assassin's Creed, what do I know? Apparently nothing.

After all, I'm just an idiot, one neuron short of a synapse.

THAT. Is what I meant when he doesn't want options. It's either his way, or "Assassin's Creed will fail."

Good day to you.

MnSyntax you are not an idiot you just have your own ideas about the game and it is good too and I respect them as well (Although I do not always agree with them).
I do not think you have quite understood what HMS was trying to explain at least not the way he tried to communicate them,
and if you pay attention I don't agree with everything he writes neither, but I picture very well what he had been trying to explain over the past weeks.

He just wants to Assassin part gets a bit more immersive, and more involving - that is all.

One think is sure is that both of you two, like this franchise and it is what it counts the most.;) So, we can continue to discuss among us, I you are welcome to joint the pool of idea there, and if you disagree, well we just drop the ball or write PMs.- But, please no more trolling at each others.

MnemonicSyntax
12-05-2013, 01:35 AM
Yeah, that would be nice. But doesn't the Jackdaw have the captain's cabin? Perhaps they could let the player remove/add weapons there.

As for a future AC they could let the horse carry some lighter gear so that, if we need something when we’re far from general stores, all we need to do is to whistle and take what we want from our mount (darts, a knife, etc.). Of course this would make even more sense if there was a weight limit.

AC3 does this. You just have to craft saddles for it. It'll refill all your ammo, from arrows to rope darts, throwing knives, etc.

But there's no weight limit. Sorry.

Landruner
12-05-2013, 01:36 AM

Yes you are right but the Jackdaw stay at the port, imagine when you are in Kingston next the top Plantation and wants a specific weapon and switch outfit (why not), well you whistle and boom you get your inventory from the Jackdaw there! - Just an idea....

AssassinHMS
12-05-2013, 01:40 AM
MnSyntax you are not an idiot you just have your own ideas about the game and it is good too and I respect them as well (Although I do not always agree with them).
I do not think you have quite understood what HMS was trying to explain at least not the way he tried to communicate them,
and if you pay attention I don't agree with everything he writes neither, but I picture very well what he had been trying to explain over the past weeks.

He just wants to Assassin part gets a bit more immersive, and more involving - that is all.

One think is sure is that both of you two, like this franchise and it is what it counts the most.;) So, we can continue to discuss among us, I you are welcome to joint the pool of idea there, and if you disagree, well we just drop the ball or write PMs.- But, please no more trolling at each others.

I'd like to add I didn't troll at all. I'm pretty sure the definition of trolling involves attacking an innocent person. Might have used a little sarcasm (if that, given the case).

HypeR.tgL
12-05-2013, 01:40 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/347u2q0.png

Haha my swords disappeared. And it's a good thing! :D

Landruner
12-05-2013, 01:42 AM
AC3 does this. You just have to craft saddles for it. It'll refill all your ammo, from arrows to rope darts, throwing knives, etc.

But there's no weight limit. Sorry.

Yes it does I wrote to him above an idea about AC3 and the horse, but regretted that it was just for ammo refill and not a portative inventory left at the homestead. When you were at Frontier in the middle on the forest, if for some reason you wanted to switch weapon or changed the outfit you have to go either to the homestead or the nearest store, that sometimes was a bit too far to go back there. So it was just an idea of mine to actually have either and horse or a crew member to carry the all thing and come when you need it (after a whistle)

AssassinHMS
12-05-2013, 01:46 AM
Yes you are right but the Jackdaw stay at the port, imagine when you are in Kingston next the top Plantation and wants a specific weapon and switch outfit (why not), well you whistle and boom you get your inventory from the Jackdaw there! - Just an idea....

Wait...but are you on land or on the Jackdaw? Do the weapons and outfit appear out of thin air or does a crew member deliver them to you?

Landruner
12-05-2013, 02:03 AM
Wait...but are you on land or on the Jackdaw? Do the weapons and outfit appear out of thin air or does a crew member deliver them to you?

No my point was if you are in land and if you are too far or if you do not want to the Jackdaw or go to the nearest store (since you can switch weapons there too), You just call a horse or a crew member to deliver them to you, and you can choose from there.

Example: when you approach a plantation it tigers a timing and almost force you to go to raid the plantation and if you go to far for whatever reason, the warehouse empties and you lost your opportunity to get the goods, so if you want to change weapons (Better swords) or outfit, well you were screwed) - Instead in calling a crew member he was coming to bring directly to you the inventory from the jackdaw and pick what you needed. - LIke I said above it was just an idea , and perhaps it may sound redundant for some...

AssassinHMS
12-05-2013, 02:16 AM
No my point was if you are in land and if you are too far or if you do not want to the Jackdaw or go to the nearest store (since you can switch weapons there too), You just call a horse or a crew member to deliver them to you, and you can choose from there.

Example: when you approach a plantation it tigers a timing and almost force you to go to raid the plantation and if you go to far for whatever reason, the warehouse empties and you lost your opportunity to get the goods, so if you want to change weapons (Better swords) or outfit, well you were screwed) - Instead in calling a crew member he was coming to bring directly to you the inventory from the jackdaw and pick what you needed. - LIke I said above it was just an idea , and perhaps it may sound redundant for some...

No, no, I like it. I think it could work and it certainly would emphasize the idea that you are, in fact, the captain.

MaceoniK
12-05-2013, 02:39 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/347u2q0.png

Haha my swords disappeared. And it's a good thing! :D

You have to try and figure out how you did this, and tell everyone!!!:eek:

Landruner
12-05-2013, 02:40 AM
No, no, I like it. I think it could work and it certainly would emphasize the idea that you are, in fact, the captain.

Yes, you are right i did not see that at first, (Seeing just the practical part) - If not out of topic, but what could have make me feel a captain is caring more about my crew members, and not any longer being just generic and expandable NPCs - I would have done that some crew members actually count (You can get up to 40 dudes in the ship) Lets make that you could relates and bond with 1/10 of them 4 + plus your quartermaster it make your crew of 5 crew member you can get closer with and you can go to the taverns with, use them as body guards stuff like that.

phoenix-force411
12-05-2013, 03:31 AM
Still trying to find a way to get rid of the double swords. I know how to get rid of my stuff in ACII, ACB, and ACR, using my own method which takes less than 1 minute to get rid of all of them. I know how to get rid of the longbow in ACIII, but I'll never do that though.

Landruner
12-05-2013, 04:20 AM
Still trying to find a way to get rid of the double swords. I know how to get rid of my stuff in ACII, ACB, and ACR, using my own method which takes less than 1 minute to get rid of all of them. I know how to get rid of the longbow in ACIII, but I'll never do that though.

I was able to remove the Blowpipe, but it screwed the rest of the weapons and I believe it was a glitch as well. So no solution there.

MaceoniK
12-05-2013, 05:05 AM

Just out of interest, how do you get rid of the longbow in ACIII?

phoenix-force411
12-05-2013, 07:08 AM
Just out of interest, how do you get rid of the longbow in ACIII?

You get rid of it by managing to hold your bow while being able to take out your hidden blades, and then, you run to two guards and double assassinate to get rid of it, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's permanent removal, and you can never get it back.

pleasurekillers
12-05-2013, 09:38 AM
This thread is stupid.

HypeR.tgL
12-05-2013, 09:44 AM
This thread is stupid.

For you it may seem so, but for others that isn't the case, thanks for your input though.

Gosh, I replayed a mission and I ended up getting the default officer short swords.. I have to find out how I did it -_-.

I remember testing a few swords and fighting with them in Havana, trying the Pistol Swords, Blades of Toledo, Gold swords and then the officer's rapiers, but it ain't working, must of been something to do with countering with a throw knife, because I remember that they disappeared after that.. gah it's hurting ma head trying to figure it out again.

JnrfL
12-05-2013, 12:56 PM

Nope, I used the term "amateur assassin" due to the fact that an assassin is one that is aware of his surroundings and enables himself to be concealed by it. Letting your weapon be seen in broad daylight is unbecoming of one.

True, but Edward's outfit in my game is where he is wearing the Pirate Cloak so in my playthough my weapons are somewhat concealed within the black cloak, while the bloody blowpipe is the only thing seen in sight.

Huh? I believe that is not the correct way of describing it but rather it's your opinion on the matter. My point is the fact that an assassin blends with the environment. Having a weapon stick out disrupts that.

Nope its the thought of redundancy. For me Ezio does not need to carry a crossbow. He has underlings that could do that for him. (Remember how he could make arrows rain with the raise of his hand?) Also I believe that no other weapon is needed by an assassin than that of the hidden blades to finish of your opponent or to carry out a mission. It is not I am obsessed with the character's back but rather I enjoy the difficulty of using only the hidden blades to attain an objective. I'm also a minimalist so there's that. (I believe I've already explained my view with this argument in a previous post? :/ )

I completed the achievements by pursuing those achievements last just for the sake of a plat trophy in my ps3.

Landruner
12-05-2013, 02:09 PM
This thread is stupid.

Give us a concrete reason why you write this thread is stupid ?

MnemonicSyntax
12-05-2013, 02:14 PM
I used the term "amateur assassin" due to the fact that an assassin is one that is aware of his surroundings and enables himself to be concealed by it. Letting your weapon be seen in broad daylight is unbecoming of one.

My point is the fact that an assassin blends with the environment. Having a weapon stick out disrupts that.

Altair, Ezio, Connor and Edward all prove you wrong.

This isn't the Legend of Zelda. This isn't where you can't see the items on your person because they've been shrunk down in your inventory and only visible when used. That's not really realistic, is it.

Even Altair, the "greatest Master Assassin" that ever lived used more than just hidden blades and had weapons that made him stick out. Yahtzee made fun of this in the first AC review he did.

And if these Assassins are so great, then why does he need underlings? While I enjoy aid from time to time, I'd rather do these kills myself. You want to hide all the weapons from plain sight, "require" only hidden blades and then have an "underling" do the work for you. Oh, and don't forget, those are Assassin's too, but they can make it rain crossbow bolts on demand yet having such a weapon is unbecoming of an Assassin because it sticks out like a sore thumb.

And I could care less about achievements, but rather the guild challenges. I game on PC, so "Achievements" aren't passed out for every little thing done.

Do you not see your fallacy here? You want the Assassin to waltz through a crowd carrying next to nothing, hiding in plain sight, taking out his targets with "only" a hidden blade, and if you need any sort of ranged assistance, you have your underlings who are also Assassins that are taught under YOUR character, but in essence you're teaching them that it's okay to use a crossbow when it's necessary for your character, but you're too good to wear one because it's unbecoming of an Assassin.

mindblown

Landruner
12-05-2013, 02:53 PM

This isn't the Legend of Zelda. This isn't where you can't see the items on your person because they've been shrunk down in your inventory and only visible when used. That's not really realistic, is it.

Even Altair, the "greatest Master Assassin" that ever lived used more than just hidden blades and had weapons that made him stick out. Yahtzee made fun of this in the first AC review he did.

And if these Assassins are so great, then why does he need underlings? While I enjoy aid from time to time, I'd rather do these kills myself. You want to hide all the weapons from plain sight, "require" only hidden blades and then have an "underling" do the work for you. Oh, and don't forget, those are Assassin's too, but they can make it rain crossbow bolts on demand yet having such a weapon is unbecoming of an Assassin because it sticks out like a sore thumb.

And I could care less about achievements, but rather the guild challenges. I game on PC, so "Achievements" aren't passed out for every little thing done.

Do you not see your fallacy here? You want the Assassin to waltz through a crowd carrying next to nothing, hiding in plain sight, taking out his targets with "only" a hidden blade, and if you need any sort of ranged assistance, you have your underlings who are also Assassins that are taught under YOUR character, but in essence you're teaching them that it's okay to use a crossbow when it's necessary for your character, but you're too good to wear one because it's unbecoming of an Assassin.

mindblown

You know the all point as I see it, is that UBISOFT finds a way to make everybody happy on that level -

The way as I see it is leaving the players having the choice to carry the weapons they want to carry with them.
Players have a main inventory (Example the AC4 jackdaw) and then players pick up what they need -
At first, players have weapon's slots restricted on their wheel menu (Like Hidden blade, sword, fist, and an optional slot reserved ranged weapon or throwing knifes reserved to the wish of the players), but they can open some more slots then to allow them to carrying more weapons either by progressing in the game or better doing specific missions reserved for that purposes (and please no collecting bull crap missions , real missions). Players can switch and permute all the weapons they want (except Hidden blades) - Players that don't want those extra slots, they don't get them and leaves them on the side at disposition if they change their mind later - anyway they don't affect the gameplay or DNA scores.

If some players don't want extra weapons (Assassin Arsenal + normal weapons) they don't buy them or ignore them since they won't affect the gameplay and DNA score. The ones that want the extra weapons they may buy them (or find them by questing for them or else), and they can then use the opened slots and permute weapons in consequence to the slot that opened through the game.

The best way and best compromise I am thinking of in order to rally the one that they don't want to use extra weapons and the ones that do! No one will complain that they are not enough weapons or too many on the wheel and Btw, if people do not want the blowpipe on the back Ubisoft should fix it that we can carry it on the side (hips) like Aveline does in Liberation.

MnemonicSyntax
12-05-2013, 03:03 PM
This is a good point, but you see what I'm saying, right? The reasoning behind why people don't want to see weapons is to "blend in more." In 4, if Edward was weaponless, he would blend in less.

Of course, I understand that people want to blend in more, but form over function is ridiculous. If there was an option to remove weapons or do a loadout (though I'm not keen on that, because I might take the wrong thing for the wrong mission, and that's fail) and done right, then maybe.

But otherwise, the solution to be an Assassin is to basically blend in the crowd, take out your target, but if any trouble comes your way, you'll have your assists do it for you. That's more of unbecoming of an Assassin then having all the weapons. Having someone else do your work for you, on a consistent basis when you could be doing it yourself (ie not using a crossbow) you might as well call yourself an Armchair Assassin instead.

My point is people are wanting "realism" but their argument is full of holes that don't make sense and don't seem to bring any further aid to help their argument.

EDIT: And I seriously doubt the blowpipe will be moved. Maybe in the next game, you can have different loadout slots, but this game is pretty much in the books.

Landruner
12-05-2013, 03:31 PM
This is a good point, but you see what I'm saying, right? The reasoning behind why people don't want to see weapons is to "blend in more." In 4, if Edward was weaponless, he would blend in less.

Of course, I understand that people want to blend in more, but form over function is ridiculous. If there was an option to remove weapons or do a loadout (though I'm not keen on that, because I might take the wrong thing for the wrong mission, and that's fail) and done right, then maybe.

But otherwise, the solution to be an Assassin is to basically blend in the crowd, take out your target, but if any trouble comes your way, you'll have your assists do it for you. That's more of unbecoming of an Assassin then having all the weapons. Having someone else do your work for you, on a consistent basis when you could be doing it yourself (ie not using a crossbow) you might as well call yourself an Armchair Assassin instead.

My point is people are wanting "realism" but their argument is full of holes that don't make sense and don't seem to bring any further aid to help their argument.

EDIT: And I seriously doubt the blowpipe will be moved. Maybe in the next game, you can have different loadout slots, but this game is pretty much in the books.

I re-edited my post above with more details

For the blowpipe story the devs had been told during development that it was an artistic mistake to leave that Blowpipe on the back of Edward and suggestion were to set it on the hips instead.

My point and old request to Devs team made over the past years, is to leave the choice to the players to play the game they love the way they like
More variation is the gameplay (for the Assassin parts) and if some players want to play stealthy they can, the ones that want to go in rampage as in AC3, they can, the ones that want to do both, they can too since the game's assets are their for them to play the way they like.
If player don't want extra weapons well with the description I gave you above, they can, the ones that like having their character armed to the teeth, well they can too since the game allows that too.

The blending or social blending has to be redone with new mission design that makes actually people use of the blending system (Not just for repetitive tailing missions with a timer that starts as soon as you loose the focus on your target, what is that? - just for tuning you camera around the timer starts even if your target is still in front of you,,,(?))

I just hope they consider some suggestion that I been made by some users there, at least see what can be done.

Kagurra
12-05-2013, 03:40 PM
I re-edited my post above with more details

For the blowpipe story the devs had been told during development that it was an artistic mistake to leave that Blowpipe on the back of Edward and suggestion were to set it on the hips instead.

My point and old request to Devs team made over the past years, is to leave the choice to the players to play the game they love the way they like
More variation is the gameplay (for the Assassin parts) and if some players want to play stealthy they can, the ones that want to go in rampage as in AC3, they can, the ones that want to do both, they can too since the game's assets are their for them to play the way they like.
If player don't want extra weapons well with the description I gave you above, they can, the ones that like having their character armed to the teeth, well they can too since the game allows that too.

The blending or social blending has to be redone with new mission design that makes actually people use of the blending system (Not just for repetitive tailing missions with a timer that starts as soon as you loose the focus on your target, what is that? - just for tuning you camera around the timer starts even if your target is still in front of you,,,(?))

I just hope they consider some suggestion that I been made by some users there, at least see what can be done.

I like the blowpipe on his back... Looks good with the default outfit, which I use 95% of the time.

HudisAbeba
12-05-2013, 05:07 PM
I like the blowpipe on his back... Looks good with the default outfit, which I use 95% of the time.

Some do and some don't. That's the whole point. There's no objective consesus to be reached here.

phoenix-force411
12-05-2013, 07:31 PM
I was able to remove the Blowpipe, but it screwed the rest of the weapons and I believe it was a glitch as well. So no solution there.
Since there's no way to get them back, they become glitches and unable to be retrievable.

Landruner
12-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Since there's no way to get them back, they become glitches and unable to be retrievable.

Yep it is what I was saying no solution there

AssassinHMS
12-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Yep it is what I was saying no solution there

Is that that glitch that happens once you do a smuggler's cave (that starts with underwater gameplay) and return to the jackdaw? Because I heard you could regain your weapons (hidden blades and blowpipe) if you replayed certain missions.

phoenix-force411
12-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Is that that glitch that happens once you do a smuggler's cave (that starts with underwater gameplay) and return to the jackdaw? Because I heard you could regain your weapons (hidden blades and blowpipe) if you replayed certain missions.

As much as I'd like to remove them, I'd rather keep them then letting them glitch out.

AssassinHMS
12-05-2013, 10:28 PM
As much as I'd like to remove them, I'd rather keep them then letting them glitch out.

You could always activate a cheat and then try the method. If the effect isn't the one you wanted, there is no problem since autosave is disabled (due to the cheat) and, if it works, all you have to do is to repeat the process with the cheats off. This is just a guess since I never played Black Flag and I don't even know if cheats work the same way as AC3's, but I guess it is worth a try.

MaceoniK
12-06-2013, 02:10 AM
You get rid of it by managing to hold your bow while being able to take out your hidden blades, and then, you run to two guards and double assassinate to get rid of it, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's permanent removal, and you can never get it back.

I'll backup my save file and give it a try.

Landruner
12-06-2013, 02:14 AM

You like the blowpipe with the hood on or off? - Same issues you have with the hood toggle I have for the blowpipe on his back. :p

JnrfL
12-09-2013, 05:39 PM

mindblown

Then being able to remove said weapons would make it realistic right? I've also clarified already that I'm not against multiple weapons. (Where the hell do you get that idea from??? :/) I'm only wanted them concealed/placed properly, like how what an assassin would probably do. Since what of assassin lets one's self exposed due to his weapon sticking out in plain sight? :/

This game is made from fiction. Do you get my drift? To be frank your facts are made up so what you've pointed out is automatically invalid. So basically, you can't make an argument that an assassin doesn't blend with the environment and conceals his weapon/s. Also please do consider that this is the immersion I want for myself as an assassin. A hidden blades kind of guy. I prefer to kill no one other than my target with a hidden blades.

Also Ezio doesn't prove me wrong. His cape from AC2 and ACB conceal his arsenal. (Seems you forgot mate.)

Ummm because you're Mentor Assassin? It's a privilege, why not use it? Enough said.

I never asked your opinion about achievements. Why bring it up when were discussing about weapon customization? (Rhetorical question, please don't answer that.)

Ummmm I never said I wanted underlings... (Where do you pick this stuff exactly? :/ ) As I've said in my previous posts. I'm a minimalist. I prefer less and I enjoy the challenge of using the only two things. The hidden blades and my wits to deal with situations, even involving situations where long range targets are concerned. I only pointed out the raining arrows because Ezio's rank was capable of it's use. I don't use it. Hidden blades only type of guy remember? -_-"

taakounet
12-09-2013, 05:41 PM
hello, so it is or? the survey is it really useful? ubisoft in there will really matter? someone found a way to get rid of this blowgun?

JnrfL
12-09-2013, 06:00 PM
hello, so it is or? the survey is it really useful? ubisoft in there will really matter? someone found a way to get rid of this blowgun?

There is a glitch to remove the blowpipe. Question is which system are playing? A console or a PC?

MnemonicSyntax
12-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Then being able to remove said weapons would make it realistic right? I've also clarified already that I'm not against multiple weapons. (Where the hell do you get that idea from??? :/) I'm only wanted them concealed/placed properly, like how what an assassin would probably do. Since what of assassin lets one's self exposed due to his weapon sticking out in plain sight? :/

This game is made from fiction. Do you get my drift? To be frank your facts are made up so what you've pointed out is automatically invalid. So basically, you can't make an argument that an assassin doesn't blend with the environment and conceals his weapon/s. Also please do consider that this is the immersion I want for myself as an assassin. A hidden blades kind of guy. I prefer to kill no one other than my target with a hidden blades.

Also Ezio doesn't prove me wrong. His cape from AC2 and ACB conceal his arsenal. (Seems you forgot mate.)

Ummm because you're Mentor Assassin? It's a privilege, why not use it? Enough said.

I never asked your opinion about achievements. Why bring it up when were discussing about weapon customization? (Rhetorical question, please don't answer that.)

Ummmm I never said I wanted underlings... (Where do you pick this stuff exactly? :/ ) As I've said in my previous posts. I'm a minimalist. I prefer less and I enjoy the challenge of using the only two things. The hidden blades and my wits to deal with situations, even involving situations where long range targets are concerned. I only pointed out the raining arrows because Ezio's rank was capable of it's use. I don't use it. Hidden blades only type of guy remember? -_-"

Whatever mate. Go reread your post that I quoted and then read what I replied back. Everything I mentioned is there.

Put the pieces together yourself.

Still, this doesn't avoid the issue that it won't happen this game, except via glitches.

Bashilir
12-09-2013, 08:57 PM
I find it amusing that AC Fans have been asking to be able to remove weapons/armor since the first game and it literally still hasn't been done.
The blowpipe is fine until your put on a cloak or an "outfit" that makes no sense to be wearing a blowpipe tool(I'm looking at you Edward the Legend Outfit).
It's also silly how Edward is the only person that can't use only one sword.
Practically EVERY ENEMY uses one sword yet Edward can't only use one unless you disarm someone and use it then.
It makes complete sense to have stores that sell "sets" of swords yet Edward is the only one who uses a set of swords.

Rex1542
12-13-2013, 06:41 AM
It would be a really good option for players...
Think about that, when you want to unequip an weapon just for fun or for difficult your gameplay. it would be awsome!!!!
Just go to a shop or yous ship and equip it again if it is necessary...
Ubsoft sould really do it. Players all over the world want a chance to unequip some weapons...
It looks like a little thing that no one care about, right? Wrong
Player would be much glad if they did that.

taakounet
12-13-2013, 10:21 AM
you right Players all over the world want a chance to unequip some weapons !!
I am French and I really want this change.

DinoSteve1
12-13-2013, 10:53 AM
tbh it doesn't really bother me, but I think having the option to equip the weapons we want should be there, on a side note am I the only one who misses the crossbow and throwing knives.. I'd much rather have either of them than the blow dart pipe.

AherasSTRG
12-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Oh my goodness... The same stupid thread every ******* ****ing year...
"Please allow us to remove Connor's bow"
"Please allow us to remove Ezio's pouches at the end of the game"
"Please allow us to remove Ezio's hood while in the countryside"
"Please allow us to make Altair a girl"

AherasSTRG
12-13-2013, 01:47 PM
am I the only one who misses the crossbow and throwing knives.. I'd much rather have either of them than the blow dart pipe.
There are throwing knives in the game. And why would a Caribbean pirate use a crossbow!?

DinoSteve1
12-14-2013, 01:34 AM
There are throwing knives in the game. And why would a Caribbean pirate use a crossbow!?

Because its handy, has far greater reach than blow darts.

AherasSTRG
12-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Because its handy, has far greater reach than blow darts.
That's not what I mean. I mean that a man's weaponry is greatly affected by the age he lives in. During the Golden Age of Piracy (1715 - 1725), crossbows were not manufactured anymore (unless you know of a long lost nordic village somewhere in Scandinabia).

pirate1802
12-14-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm glad the crossbow's gone. It was way op and had almost no downside to using it. Made the game even easier than it already is. Crossbows and hidden guns.. two things I'm glad to see gone. Plus as Aheradrim said, it won't suit a pirate anyway.

DinoSteve1
12-14-2013, 10:23 AM
While a pirate wouldn't have it, it is the perfect tool for an Assassin. It has always irked me a little that there isn't more emphasis put on silent or as silent as possible weapons in Assassins Creed, you are after all an Assassin.

Farlander1991
12-14-2013, 10:25 AM
hidden guns

Hidden guns weren't as overpowered as crossbows, though. Yes, they were one hit kill, but they didn't have a large range, and they were loud, so you couldn't do that unnoticed. In AC2 pretty much every hidden gun assassination initiated a combat/escape situation, I think that's balancing enough. Also, you couldn't carry many bullets at the same time.

But Crossbow... it was just nuts. Range - higher than of the gun, silent as throwing knives, same amount of arrows as throwing knives (up to 20-25), and one hit kill as the hidden gun (granted, you have to wait till the target thingie lines up, but it takes only a second anyway, I never had a missed shot with the crossbow).

Surprisingly enough, berserk darts are not as overpowered in AC4 as I thought they would be... well, they kinda are in a lot of places, but I used a berserk dart in a plantation once, and that triggered the alarm (even though I wasn't seen), so it was like, "... crap. No stealth bonus for me."

And I remember in an assassination mission I berserk-darted a gunner so he would shoot my target (which was a bit out of sight for me, but the gunner was on the roof near the target), and the gunner started shooting me instead (and failed the stealth bonus objective), so there's certainly potential for berserk darts to backfire, which I think is nice.

pirate1802
12-14-2013, 10:38 AM
In AC2 they weren't overpowered, I'd agree. Infact if I remember right it also took a while to aim them, in AC2? It was in ACB and ACR that they started to get annoyingly op.

Landruner
12-14-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm glad the crossbow's gone. It was way op and had almost no downside to using it. Made the game even easier than it already is. Crossbows and hidden guns.. two things I'm glad to see gone. Plus as Aheradrim said, it won't suit a pirate anyway.

Nobody forced you to use the crossbow in ACB and ACR, so that a bit sad to see it is gone for the one that enjoyed it, and with a bit of imagination the crossbow could have been reintroduced in another form and still being using the darts (Like I suggested in some other threads with the design) and left optional for the players that desire to use it instead of the blowpipe.

Landruner
12-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Hidden guns weren't as overpowered as crossbows, though. Yes, they were one hit kill, but they didn't have a large range, and they were loud, so you couldn't do that unnoticed. In AC2 pretty much every hidden gun assassination initiated a combat/escape situation, I think that's balancing enough. Also, you couldn't carry many bullets at the same time.

But Crossbow... it was just nuts. Range - higher than of the gun, silent as throwing knives, same amount of arrows as throwing knives (up to 20-25), and one hit kill as the hidden gun (granted, you have to wait till the target thingie lines up, but it takes only a second anyway, I never had a missed shot with the crossbow).

Surprisingly enough, berserk darts are not as overpowered in AC4 as I thought they would be... well, they kinda are in a lot of places, but I used a berserk dart in a plantation once, and that triggered the alarm (even though I wasn't seen), so it was like, "... crap. No stealth bonus for me."

And I remember in an assassination mission I berserk-darted a gunner so he would shoot my target (which was a bit out of sight for me, but the gunner was on the roof near the target), and the gunner started shooting me instead (and failed the stealth bonus objective), so there's certainly potential for berserk darts to backfire, which I think is nice.

The all question is when the feedback comes to a point where the equilibration of a tool, gadget or a weapon in a game is too much or overpowered, the best way is just reworking in its re-calibration and adjustment instead of removing them. Some of the previous may have or could have been re-introduced with just changing the design and the parameters regarding their use and power.

pirate1802
12-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Nobody forced you to use the crossbow in ACB and ACR,

No nobody did, which is why I'm not sad to see it go. :D

The all question is when the feedback comes to a point where the equilibration of a tool, gadget or a weapon in a game is too much or overpowered, the best way is just reworking in its re-calibration and adjustment instead of removing them. Some of the previous may have or could have been re-introduced with just changing the design and the parameters regarding their use and power.

The hidden gun is still there, its just re calibrated and readjusted. And its not hidden anymore. Anyway, some of the previous weapons don't make sense in this setting. AC has a notorious habit of carrying over baggage from past games just cuz. I'm happy for once they seem to have thought a little on what deserves to be kept and what deserves to be dropped.

Landruner
12-15-2013, 06:53 PM
No nobody did, which is why I'm not sad to see it go. :D

The hidden gun is still there, its just re calibrated and readjusted. And its not hidden anymore. Anyway, some of the previous weapons don't make sense in this setting. AC has a notorious habit of carrying over baggage from past games just cuz. I'm happy for once they seem to have thought a little on what deserves to be kept and what deserves to be dropped.

What deserved to be kept? - The blowpipe that we can't remove LOL :rolleyes:

pirate1802
12-15-2013, 07:23 PM
What deserved to be kept? - The blowpipe that we can't remove LOL :rolleyes:

Clearly which suited the time period and actually had some use without being op. Rather than... oh right, the last few games had it, so lets keep it, nevermind the problems that'll arise!

Megas_Doux
12-15-2013, 07:42 PM
ACB/ACR poison darts + crossbow = AC4´s Blowpipe.

I like that every assassin, depending on which era lives, has its OWN arsenal! Atlhough I would love a deeper customization option that goes beyond relying on glitches haha.

Kagurra
12-15-2013, 08:26 PM
ACB/ACR poison darts + crossbow = AC4´s Blowpipe.

I like that every assassin, depending on which era lives, has its OWN arsenal! Atlhough I would love a deeper customization option that goes beyond relying on glitches haha.

Yeah. I use the hood glitch literally ALL the time. The one where if you step on your ship and pull out your swords at the same time, the hood goes down and then shoots back up, and stays that way until you reload a fast travel point or go through a loading screen like when you enter a major location, and then re-enter your ship.

Edward looks so awesome steering the Jackdaw and doing boardings with his hood up.

pirate1802
12-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Yeah. I use the hood glitch literally ALL the time. The one where if you step on your ship and pull out your swords at the same time, the hood goes down and then shoots back up, and stays that way until you reload a fast travel point or go through a loading screen like when you enter a major location, and then re-enter your ship.

Edward looks so awesome steering the Jackdaw and doing boardings with his hood up.

Must try that... NAO!

Kagurra
12-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Must try that... NAO!

I'm surprised more people don't know about it. Some guy made a thread about it like a week ago (maybe more), but for some reason it got swept under the rug even though so many people want the hood up. I guess they thought it was just the one where it goes up when you fast travel and didn't bother clicking the thread. Just go to a fishing village or island with a fast travel point so you can try it again if you don't get it the first time.

JnrfL
12-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Whatever mate. Go reread your post that I quoted and then read what I replied back. Everything I mentioned is there.

Put the pieces together yourself.

Still, this doesn't avoid the issue that it won't happen this game, except via glitches.

There's nothing wrong being hopeful about it right? If it might not be implemented in this game it could still be implemented in the next of the series. after all I believe this thread is in hopes the Devs realize that fans want this implemented.

Also I already finished the game without a blowpipe in my PS3 but it wouldn't hurt to continue my halted playthrough in HD at my PC if this ever gets implemented. :D

I find it amusing that AC Fans have been asking to be able to remove weapons/armor since the first game and it literally still hasn't been done.
The blowpipe is fine until your put on a cloak or an "outfit" that makes no sense to be wearing a blowpipe tool(I'm looking at you Edward the Legend Outfit).
It's also silly how Edward is the only person that can't use only one sword.
Practically EVERY ENEMY uses one sword yet Edward can't only use one unless you disarm someone and use it then.
It makes complete sense to have stores that sell "sets" of swords yet Edward is the only one who uses a set of swords.

Definitely! I personally play with a cloak and it feels so out of place.

Take a look at this. Even the mangaka doesn't place the hideous blowpipe at Edward's back.
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/2e98bedd995e3a299db81f667f8eca2e1375908589_full.jp g

tbh it doesn't really bother me, but I think having the option to equip the weapons we want should be there, on a side note am I the only one who misses the crossbow and throwing knives.. I'd much rather have either of them than the blow dart pipe.

Truly! I hope the Devs realize that fans want weapon customization of the character at their own accord. I myself prefer only to possess the hidden blades at my disposal.

Sorry for requesting something the fans want every year so that the devs would hopefully realize we want this feature.

Though the last one is partially answered with Aveline thrown in the AC series (I think...).

DinoSteve1
12-17-2013, 08:23 PM
Is there a manga of AC now?

Landruner
12-17-2013, 09:22 PM

Every F*cking years?!Oh my goodness, I am not playing the detective, but I just saw that you are registered since Jan 2013 and you still mention that it is like that every f*cking year, what a joke! LOL! btw, I don't recall anyone asking to remove stuff before little smart dudes found glitches to allow that notably with the Ezio's games - that thread started months before the game was even released and what the OP kindly asked was the option to remove it or switch it with another ranged weapon and some other ask to have it on the hips instead of the hips...see? simple no drama!

Landruner
12-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Is there a manga of AC now?

ACBF yes!

ST7A Bad Karma
12-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Personally I cant stand the look of the blow dart gun on his back, especially when wearing the Templar Armor.

I never use it anyway because it's too damned overpowered, along with smoke bombs they both take all challenge and difficulty away from the hand to hand aspect of the game. Add in upgraded ammo pouches for both, and the upgraded duration on darts = God Mode. Ludicrous.....

IIIBeNIII2013
12-26-2013, 06:14 PM
Just registered to give my opinion on this. This HAS to be implemented, the amount of people trying to glitch the game just to remove the blowpipe is astounding. It boggles my mind that they haven't added just the option of making it invisible until equipped in a patch given the amount of support for such a feature from so many people who bought the game. However I have a feeling that this thread will just be ignored. After all, we've already given them our money- why should they give a damn about what we want now?

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 06:53 PM
It won't be implemented because it's not something you just add to the end of the game. It's something that needs to be thought of ahead of time.

Going back and changing all that code isn't ideal. It's not as easy as removing a blowpipe, because then people later will want to use it with no real way to reequip it.

Like I said, next game perhaps.