PDA

View Full Version : How I think AC should've worked

moc100
05-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Hey guys. Recently, I've been thinking about ACIV and why I think it's gonna be the best AC. One of those reasons is that it works the way I wanted AC to work since it's creation: it ignores completely the modern aspect of the franchise. In my opinion, the modern day opinion of the franchise should've never existed. It would've been better if each game was a self contained story about badass members of the Order through different cool time periods (Renaissance, Revolutionary War, Victorian England, etc.). None of this Desmond s***. (btw, wasn't he supposed to become the "Ultimate Assassin" in 3?) That's why I'm glad 4 is ignoring the modern aspect and focusing on the past. I hope future installments will keep doing this.

SixKeys
05-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Hate to tell you this, but the modern day story is not completely ignored in AC4. It's still there, it's still important (otherwise no TWCB or Pieces of Eden), just presented differently.

AjinkyaParuleka
05-13-2013, 06:12 PM
According to me,the whole series would have been sh*t if modern part wasn't there.

Spider_Sith9
05-13-2013, 06:12 PM
The Crusades aren't in your post? Why make a game starting at the Renaissance without even acknowledging the original Hashashin? Don't tell me you are an Altair hater...

ArabianFrost
05-13-2013, 06:14 PM
If the modern aspect had been ignored, It would have given the series absolutely no sense of flow or shared objective. I like the mythology too.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Desmonds story is what kept me coming back actually.... I wanted to know what happened nextthoguh, YES I hated being pulled from the animus just as much as everyone else and i absolutely HATED playing as Desmond....But ubisoft got story telling right in this series and is probably one of the best stories in gaming history..like top 20 or maybe even top 10
Personally I think it should have been all cut scenes..but thats just me..

Gi1t
05-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Although they haven't done a great job on it, I can see why it was put in the game. It makes it a lot more interesting. I think it would be the ultimate give-in on their part to remove it completely and break the series down into its most bare-bones, stuff-to-generate-cheap-sales elements.

Bastiaen
05-13-2013, 10:40 PM
It still would have been awesome without the modern plot, but Desmond's story bound the franchise together, and hopefully the modern relevance will conitnue to keep the Ancestor's story revelant.

montagemik
05-13-2013, 11:25 PM
It still would have been awesome without the modern plot, but Desmond's story bound the franchise together, and hopefully the modern relevance will conitnue to keep the Ancestor's story revelant.

Edward is searching for a 1st Civ Tomb - containing a sword of eden & Juno's physical body held in temporal stasis ................Causing temporal distortions throughout history in a region of the carribbean known as the Bermuda triangle .
Abstergo agents are searching for Juno's tomb within the kenway bloodline ............. Black flag logo - The old Assassin tomb Crest . ...........we're looking for Juno's tomb - This is confirmed by me off the top of my head.
Honest

SixKeys
05-14-2013, 12:16 AM
Where did you hear the stuff about Juno? I've heard about the Sword, but nothing about searching for Juno's body.

montagemik
05-14-2013, 12:56 AM
Where did you hear the stuff about Juno? I've heard about the Sword, but nothing about searching for Juno's body.

Completely made up off the top of my head .............. my post says i confirmed this myself . ;)

It gives a relevant modern day reason for Abstergo to be searching Edwards memories
And fits in nicely with the Assassin Skull logo / Assassin tomb crest .........................& Explains the modern day mystery of the Bermuda triangle too .

I spent 30 secs on that plot :cool: Lets see what ubi came up with in 2 years . ( But i kinda like my Juno tomb quest ;) )

Assassin_M
05-14-2013, 01:12 AM
Modern Day is still there LAWL

montagemik
05-14-2013, 02:03 AM

Be difficult to play as an abstergo employee if it wasn't . :nonchalance:

EarthlyStudio1
05-14-2013, 04:55 AM
I think I found something that would work GREAT with the plot of Assassins Creed. They found a "glass" pyramid at the bottom of the Bermuda Triangle just recently. Actually they found several. They believe it may actually be made of some kind of crystal. It is slightly transparent as well. Here is the article on them: http://lightworkers.org/blog/156968/pyramids-glass-found-bermuda-triangle

They think it may have once been from a civilization that no longer exists(The Ones Who Came Before *hint hint*). So what do you all think?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1nvi3QiHO1r7x8yvo1_500.jpg

joey-4321_web
05-14-2013, 04:59 AM
In my opinion, the modern day opinion of the franchise should've never existed. . None of this Desmond s***.

I will kill you in your sleep

That's right

EarthlyStudio1
05-14-2013, 05:00 AM
I will kill you in your sleep

That's right

Nice to see a Desmond fan in these forums. =)

Sweet looking signature by the way.

Cornik22
05-14-2013, 04:22 PM
It's true that both templars and assassins are looking for some TWCB artifact in the Bermuda Triangle, and the sword of Eden will play some role in the game. It makes sense if there is an ancient tomb underwater there to hide whatever they are searching, so that theory may be right after all.

pacmanate
05-14-2013, 04:26 PM
I think I found something that would work GREAT with the plot of Assassins Creed. They found a "glass" pyramid at the bottom of the Bermuda Triangle just recently. Actually they found several. They believe it may actually be made of some kind of crystal. It is slightly transparent as well. Here is the article on them: http://lightworkers.org/blog/156968/pyramids-glass-found-bermuda-triangle

They think it may have once been from a civilization that no longer exists(The Ones Who Came Before *hint hint*). So what do you all think?

Maybe. The bermuda triangle is a focus of this game anyway as it houses the garden of eden.

EarthlyStudio1
05-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Maybe. The bermuda triangle is a focus of this game anyway as it houses the garden of eden.

It'd be amazing if they had this in the game tbh. Lol

AdamPearce
05-15-2013, 01:06 AM
The Bermudas Triangle? Really, meeeeh, I was excpecting a Aztec temple, even more after the event in ACLiberation.

Assassin_M
05-15-2013, 01:11 AM
The Bermudas Triangle? Really, meeeeh, I was excpecting a Aztec temple, even more after the event in ACLiberation.
You prefer an Aztec Temple to the Bermuda triangle??!

I have nothing to say to you :|

Sushiglutton
05-15-2013, 01:33 AM

I believe this is a myth. Please check here: http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/8909/were-pyramids-of-glass-found-under-the-bermuda-triangle , it seems this myth was first invented in 1991. If you have any more reliable source, scientific or serious newspaper, please provide (the link u posted is to some kind of new age site). Otherwise there's no reason to believe it (btw how could a glass pyramid survive the pressure at that depth?)

EarthlyStudio1
05-15-2013, 03:05 AM
I believe this is a myth. Please check here: http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/8909/were-pyramids-of-glass-found-under-the-bermuda-triangle , it seems this myth was first invented in 1991. If you have any more reliable source, scientific or serious newspaper, please provide (the link u posted is to some kind of new age site). Otherwise there's no reason to believe it (btw how could a glass pyramid survive the pressure at that depth?)

You're right. Doing some research I found that this was on the cover of "Weekly World News" which usually tends to lie about a lot of different things(although they are fun to read). =( Was a cool find anyway.