PDA

View Full Version : Ishuma

DragoAskani
05-12-2013, 10:16 AM
So the other day I finally pulled my Ishuma. After much testing this is what I have come up with so far. Right now its vulnerable to OTK. I haven't ran into enough otk to include protective cards into the deck. Once I do I might pull the tacticians or something for Some Cleansing Lights to clear their shields and kill them.

http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/2752/

Thoughts, opinions, comments? So far I've won most the grinder games with it. Outmaneuver hijinks can be really silly sometimes. Especially when getting creative with Ishuma's power.

Isharoth
05-12-2013, 10:38 AM
I prefer the Naga Tide Master to the Pearl Priestess.
Lack of cleansing light means you will die to almost all OTK's and if you are playing at high ELO/ +200 in jackpot you will start to meet them more often.
No Waninzame? I prefer him to Kirin.. he has instant impact and also combines well with pao's to kill 4 hp units e.g. ravagers
I run a few low level spells e.g. eternal winter which rifts well with Ishuma. Have no fortunes in my deck and run week of taxes as a result.
Sharinya Priestess is just ok, but hard to play if you are in a pinch.. and seems to be a win more or keep losing card

Edit: for some reason I was calling "Eternal Winter" frozen grasp.. corrected now :)

Elementalist.
05-12-2013, 12:13 PM
I am fond of pearl priestesses, slightly weaker stats than tide master in return for immobilize is a good trade-off for Ishuma. Only one little problem, you can only use special after outmaneuver :)

If you have any geysers they would help you kill your units to prevent throne of renewal + tower of oblivion. Then you'd be able to add week of taxes. Alternatively you could go mana storm, get a stronger fortune focus and add a couple of cosmics if you have them. Otherwise we're back where we started and a couple of cleansing lights might be in order. Maybe eternal winter too for a quick disposal of DA or your own units if need be.

I too prefer wanizame, the extra damage is nice to kill units or finish the hero with a surprise summon.

And shanriya priestess.. I really like her specials but really hate her hp.. Seems rather fickle.

DragoAskani
05-12-2013, 01:01 PM
I prefer the Naga Tide Master to the Pearl Priestess.
Lack of cleansing light means you will die to almost all OTK's and if you are playing at high ELO/ +200 in jackpot you will start to meet them more often.
No Waninzame? I prefer him to Kirin.. he has instant impact and also combines well with pao's to kill 4 hp units e.g. ravagers
I run a few low level spells e.g. eternal winter which rifts well with Ishuma. Have no fortunes in my deck and run week of taxes as a result.
Sharinya Priestess is just ok, but hard to play if you are in a pinch.. and seems to be a win more or keep losing card

Edit: for some reason I was calling "Eternal Winter" frozen grasp.. corrected now :)
Yeah Ive been debating swapping them for Waninzames. If I had more DAs I would either run them in the NTac's spot, or the Kirin. I like the Sunburst/Outmaneuver set ups. Also its amazing how many times Enemies will voluntarily be lining units up to avoid dropping in front of a S Guard. As far as the S. Priestess she has actually won me a few games thanks to being one having hypnotize. I think 2 copies of her is just right in the deck. (at least till the expansion)

I play Kieran in Jackpot, this is mainly a ladder deck. Time Jumping Kieran is good even with only 2 WC's and 1 DA to my name.

I am fond of pearl priestesses, slightly weaker stats than tide master in return for immobilize is a good trade-off for Ishuma. Only one little problem, you can only use special after outmaneuver :)

If you have any geysers they would help you kill your units to prevent throne of renewal + tower of oblivion. Then you'd be able to add week of taxes. Alternatively you could go mana storm, get a stronger fortune focus and add a couple of cosmics if you have them. Otherwise we're back where we started and a couple of cleansing lights might be in order. Maybe eternal winter too for a quick disposal of DA or your own units if need be.

I too prefer wanizame, the extra damage is nice to kill units or finish the hero with a surprise summon.

And shanriya priestess.. I really like her specials but really hate her hp.. Seems rather fickle.

Already running Mana storms, since I only have 4 sunbursts they don't hurt me much at all. I do have the cosmics, but when I tried versions with a stronger fortune set up I seemed to be losing about 50% of my games. Course that was before I settled on this creature mix so with a bit of tweaking I might be able to make it work. If I take it into jackpot I will defenitly need to swap to 2 cleansing lights.

I really want a creature with come into play effects like in Magic.

"Naga cleanser" 3 cost 2/0/2 Dispell target spell when comes into play. Please? lol.

**edit I will try some ladders with Waninzamies thought. I do find I am often debating between playing a Kirin or something else, so this may be a good switch.

basta4ya4ya
05-15-2013, 07:42 PM
i`m playing on 1300+ but the idea is completely different.
http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/3006/
my deck have more strong start(no stupid naga tactition:)) and permanent control of opponent hand(pilar) to prevent massdestructions by spells and for more easy controlling the field by outmanoeuvre.

ps.
1.sunburst is bad because u can "shoot" 2 damage instead of up u spellpower and spend 2 mana
2. cleansing light is a key to destroy most otk decks, deploy some creatures and wait fo the "shield")) - dispel+massdeploy of wanizame=1shot.

Elementalist.
05-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Just 4 spring spirits and rest are 3+ drops? Consider me surprised.

Bazaltovy
05-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Starting hand is very important while playing Ishuma deck. He can have ridiculously bad draw or magnificent draw. Be sure to have a nice drop curve - add DAs and even White Foxes if the deck is not smooth enough.
I run a typical 5/3/1 build, but sometimes I like swapping things here and there, like Frozen Ground (hi, Elvin! :D). It gives me a lot of fun.

Elementalist.
05-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Hi! I prefer eternal winter over frozen ground myself, it's my cheap emergency spell :) Ideally I would like to only have 4 sunburst/4 geyser but I'm a bit short on the latter. Fortune Ishuma is also pretty interesting with maze/underwater fortress/bridge/cosmic but I have not tested it enough. No matter what I do I always seem to leave out honour, perhaps I should consider wanizame. My only lvl 4 unit is the Sairensa :p

DragoAskani
05-16-2013, 03:31 AM
I've made further refinements to it. Pulling the Karins for wazi's and pulling the Spriests for Cleansing light for for when I run into OTK or any deck that uses shields really.

It works out rather well. I have tried versions with a heavy fortune focus, but I didnt care for them.

Bazaltovy
05-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Elementalist. - Yeah, right, I remember when I met you at Jackpot with Ishuma. You were surprised that you're not the only person who runs Eternal Winter. :)

I added 2 Wanizames to my deck, they are pretty solid and improve the curve. Kirins are also a good way - they're affected by Wild Spirits (unfortunately, the ability is not)... however, Geyser is better for cross-formation IMO :)

Elementalist.
05-16-2013, 12:57 PM
I suspected it would be something like that but I got a memory error :p I am thinking that the only way for my build to include wanizame would be to cut down on the kappas. Or spell/fortunes of course.

Bazaltovy
05-16-2013, 01:05 PM
I actually run no Kappas.