PDA

View Full Version : [Reveal] New card from the upcoming expansion - Ur-Khrag Enforcer

epicafricantoad
05-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Heres the today's reveal, introducing a new ability to the battlefield - Berserk.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6889/dafuqz.png

cheers
Toad

Bazaltovy
05-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Now THAT's what I call crazeh!

JohnDruitt
05-11-2013, 03:07 PM
It's definitely playable. best inferno 5drop so far.

So we've got that necro epic - Namtaru Channeler and that rare 5 drop with fear
inferno common above
sanctuary epic 3drop
stronghold rare 5drop

W8ing for haven!!

epicafricantoad
05-11-2013, 03:12 PM
What do you think John, will it attack twice (both players' action phases) or does it miss the word "your" ?
cheers
Toad

Rysikoss
05-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Depending on the Berserk's description meaning, this card may be OP or very good

X-Chaoscontrol
05-11-2013, 03:16 PM
What do you think John, will it attack twice (both players' action phases) or does it miss the word "your" ?
cheers
Toad
I really like it. I think it will attack twice. Not in your action phase and in your opponents one. Just in yours, but then you can attack with him as usual. These 2.
On the other hand, it has obvious counterplay, high retaliation makes him suicide without being able to stop it. I mean, you have not the option to not attack. Sometimes it can be bad.

Btw, It's a common card, so I guess we can expect Berserker to appear in some more creatures.

JohnDruitt
05-11-2013, 03:19 PM
In my opinion it attacks twice( after every turn change). If it attacked only once it would be really weak - forcing attack is a disadvantage, esspecialy when the card does not have great statistics. Its actualy pretty balanced with double attack. You put it and it will attack once for sure (will deal 4 dmg to max 3 creatures). Then your opponent have a chance to respond with removal or blocker - sth with 5 life or more and some retaliation or bigger attack. Its countered by archlich or some others 4drop that limits it's option.

Im pretty sure it can't attack again on you turn. The last option is that this card does not attack during your enemy action phase, but it can move (not attack) on your own. It would be weaker card and probably not playable that way.

At the beginning of the action phase - for me it means every action phase (both). Otherwise it could be easily missunderstood by some players.

Bazaltovy
05-11-2013, 03:20 PM
You can't control their attacks. Just like creatures with Berserk in Heroes IV.

X-Chaoscontrol
05-11-2013, 03:30 PM
You can't control their attacks. Just like creatures with Berserk in Heroes IV.
Well, if you can't control its attacks, then I guess it attacks on each phase. If not it would be weak.

hydramarine
05-11-2013, 03:30 PM
The creature will attack once, another translation error probably.

Shadowelf32
05-11-2013, 03:36 PM
+1 FOR 5/X/X inferno decks. Can't w8 to try it out

hubin80
05-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Attacking twice is obviously too OP. Think of a Pao Deathseeker with 4 attack, sweep attack, and doesn't die at the end of a turn!

I believe it will only attack at "your" action steps.

JohnDruitt
05-11-2013, 03:40 PM
As it is now it should attack every turn. To make it clear the description should be changed to the one of following.

At the beginning of every action phase, this creature automatically attacks the first valid enemy target in front of it.

At the beginning of your action phase, this creature automatically attacks the first valid enemy target in front of it.

At the beginning of your action phase, this creature automatically attacks the first valid enemy target in front of it. You can still move it during your turn.

At the beginning of your action phase, this creature automatically attacks the first valid enemy target in front of it In addition you can normally attack with it during your turn.

Attacking twice is obviously too OP. Think of a Pao Deathseeker with 4 attack, sweep attack, and doesn't die at the end of a turn!

I believe it will only attack at "your" action steps.

strongly disagree, 4dmg for 5 is not great

epicafricantoad
05-11-2013, 03:53 PM
(...)
At the beginning of your action phase, this creature automatically attacks the first valid enemy target in front of it.

At the beginning of your action phase, this creature automatically attacks the first valid enemy target in front of it. You can still move it during your turn.

I believe these two exclude each other. Autoattack propably means we wont be able to move it.

cheers
Toad

h3at88
05-11-2013, 03:55 PM
come on guys...its common card.... if attack twice i think that card will be rare... berserk =strong but u cant control him...i think like that...waiting haven card now..:)

JohnDruitt
05-11-2013, 03:58 PM
@ toad Yup, its what I also believe. I just put in all options. I'd think about this card as a some kind of fireball (aoe dmg for non-magic inferno, like 6/1/1)

attacking twice is not that great, as I said you get 1 fireball if you stack you creatures (which you dont since its inferno) and after that its countered by lots of 4-5 drops.

nutlamb
05-11-2013, 04:03 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2ur2g4z.jpg
DeepMountainTurtle saying: AT LAST!

And actually, Berserk must be a disadvantage for 2 bonus SP
Traps waiting

UpiornyRycerz
05-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Information for all:
This card always attacks only once at the beginning of our turn so you can not move them.

LordOfCrimson
05-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Damn ! This is definetely my ability - Berserk ! I cannot wait to see this in the Stronghold deck. This creature is awesome ;)

JohnDruitt
05-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Useless 5drop in that regard. This expansion was supposed to make 5/6/7 drops playable. Now just like most old ones - no immediately impact on board, easily removable, countered by cheaper cards. So we have 4/5/6 for 5 with a big disadvantage. Just awesome

nutlamb
05-11-2013, 04:45 PM
IMO they just confound Destruction Overlord Ur-Khrag with Madness Overlord Ur-Jubaal
Your weapon shall not be a chain, dude!;)

and allow me to remind you, there was 4 creatures with disadvantage
COMMON: Rogue Mercenary
UNCOMMON: Blackskull Goblin
Rare: Pao Deathseeker
Epic: Dark Assassin

Take it easy, it's a common card

JohnDruitt
05-11-2013, 04:52 PM
So compering common to common - is rogue mercenary playable? Nah.

r3tsa
05-11-2013, 04:59 PM
No reason to go for 5 might for it.

Hantziie
05-11-2013, 05:16 PM
hmmm. it's a ok hability. easily counterable.

Shadowelf32
05-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Information for all:
This card always attacks only once at the beginning of our turn so you can not move them.

Another chance for teleport to shine ?

Damn ! This is definetely my ability - Berserk ! I cannot wait to see this in the Stronghold deck. This creature is awesome ;)

Sure u mean inferno ? Unless of course stronghold gets berserk too, which is possible seeing that both factions share some keywords like attack anywhere

Frozen-Drake
05-11-2013, 06:51 PM
a disadvandage to justify his otherwise OP stats, 4/5/6 is actually the best stats in game for 5 res. atm...
it doesen't fit very well with inferno btw, instead of 4/5/6 it would've been better with 5/4/6 or 6/4/5... right as it is now it's a 'kamikaze tank'

JohnDruitt
05-11-2013, 06:57 PM
OP stats? Oh boy... High retaliation does not make card stats OP... Putrid Lamasu is better, Wolf Justicar is better, dreamreaver is better, naga tide master is way better, yuki onna same. I hardly find less useful 5drops (except other inferno ones). Honestly, I prefer Ravager for 4 than this for 5.

Frozen-Drake
05-11-2013, 07:10 PM
OP stats? Oh boy... High retaliation does not make card stats OP... Putrid Lamasu is better, Wolf Justicar is better, dreamreaver is better, naga tide master is way better, yuki onna same. I hardly find less useful 5drops (except other inferno ones). Honestly, I prefer Ravager for 4 than this for 5.

i was talking about stats, not effects, Putrid Lamasu = 11, Wolf Justicar = 11, Dream Reaver = 12, Naga Tide = 12, Yuki Onna = 13
this guy has 15, they're just badly put, not to mention it's a common while all the others up there are at least uncommon

JohnDruitt
05-11-2013, 07:17 PM
As you said - badly put. That sums it all. This card didnt need the disadvantage to not be OP. Its just not remotley playable right now. So easy to counter, not having big impact. Is being a common the justification for it for being weak?

Bazaltovy
05-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Say what you want, I still wanna see him creating a little bit of havoc here and there. :cool:

Acros12
05-11-2013, 08:29 PM
hey !!! This dude is having sweep atack too !!!!

Frozen-Drake
05-11-2013, 08:37 PM
hey !!! This dude is having sweep atack too !!!!

put 2 creatures whose retaliation sum is 6 next to each other in front of him, he kills itself (i.e 2 tainted orcs)

but still a decent card (actually the most viable seen till now except the sanctuary dude)

r3tsa
05-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Most viable? I don't think so, sure it will see some play because it is common and easy to get, but it doesn't make Inferno any more competitive.

Quarison
05-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Most viable? I don't think so, sure it will see some play because it is common and easy to get, but it doesn't make Inferno any more competitive.

I really dont know about your point of view. But let me tell you mine.

With the new expansion, there will be units with fear ability. So, there will be changes about the decks and the creatures in it. imo, most of the decks will finish in 5 might. And this creature is really good for tier 5 and a COMMON card.

JohnDruitt
05-11-2013, 11:10 PM

Totally agreed. Fear is not aa problem since the card we have seen is not playable also.

hydramarine
05-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Dont be so sure ;) Maybe Inferno will get some way to stall the board and totally go for late game. This can be a budget threat in that case if player doesnt have Abysal Lords or sth.

h3at88
05-12-2013, 05:06 AM
put 2 creatures whose retaliation sum is 6 next to each other in front of him, he kills itself (i.e 2 tainted orcs)

but still a decent card (actually the most viable seen till now except the sanctuary dude)

u wrong....only monster in front of this creature can retaliation....

JohnDruitt
05-12-2013, 06:30 AM
u wrong....only monster in front of this creature can retaliation....

No, you are wrong and Frozen-Drake is right.

Bazaltovy
05-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Dont be so sure ;) Maybe Inferno will get some way to stall the board and totally go for late game. This can be a budget threat in that case if player doesnt have Abysal Lords or sth.

I hate it when you know something, but can't tell us a word. :P

r3tsa
05-12-2013, 11:33 AM

Ah, if that won't be followed with fixes in mechanic, then I think it will be time for me to part ways with the game. x)

Though I must admit it seems fishy that only inferno's revealed card is common. x)

Frozen-Drake
05-12-2013, 11:35 AM

more viable than fear dogs? yes
more viable than namtaru channeler? yes
more viable than shinje warrior? mby (actually i still prefer having a sharya guard)
more viable than that wyvern? yes (this is fun because the only one that can abuse it's ability is kelthor, to play it you need 5 might, to give him counters you need quite some spells, and a 5/4/X kelthor destroys his ability)

r3tsa
05-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Yeah surely you can evaluate synergy based cards strength without knowing other new cards. xD

Uraxor
05-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Yeah surely you can evaluate synergy based cards strength without knowing other new cards. xD

it's Frozen Drake.
need say more? :D

And yeah I wanna see what this card synergizes with :D Right now it wouldn't be too good..

Frozen-Drake
05-12-2013, 01:30 PM

key word: ''atm''

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6622003456/h1EEB0990/

it's Frozen Drake.
need say more? :D

<------ 127 posts: never proven wrong, cause i know the maning of words like 'atm', imho' and 'maybe'

r3tsa
05-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Yes and atm Ur-Khrag Enforcer presents no real reason for inferno deck to go for 5 might...

Frozen-Drake
05-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Yes and atm Ur-Khrag Enforcer presents no real reason for inferno deck to go for 5 might...

'the most viable from the ones they showed' =/= 'a viable card'

128 posts of pure ownage: come at me bro

DragoAskani
05-12-2013, 01:46 PM
key word: ''atm''

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6622003456/h1EEB0990/

<------ 127 posts: never proven wrong, cause i know the maning of words like 'atm', imho' and 'maybe'

Hard to be proven wrong when maning those words.

Frozen-Drake
05-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Hard to be proven wrong when maning those words.

that's my trick^^

r3tsa
05-12-2013, 02:08 PM
God you're hopeless, i would rather use Living Nightmare in Nergal deck than Enforcer in any Inferno deck and I guess not only me.

Blastofek
05-12-2013, 10:36 PM
That card is simply useless. Living Nightmare is alot better than Ur-Khrag Enforcer. I would like to see some incorporeal creatures in inferno deck (yes, I said it -GHOSTS for inferno, deal with it).
It would be awesome if they would tweak that card abit (Quick Attack+at end of your turn, it dies). So there would be a point going 5 points and higher in inferno deck.
But yeah, r3tsa made a gr8 two points out.

ulpsz
05-13-2013, 01:40 AM
i kinda like the card ..but you can't buff it with inner fire...

should be unable to move ..and attack at the end of turn

and ..would adjachcent craeatures be able to retaliate to sweep attack??

JohnDruitt
05-13-2013, 02:19 AM
and ..would adjachcent craeatures be able to retaliate to sweep attack??

Yes, they do.

nukmnukm
05-13-2013, 03:22 AM
would love berserk if it ignored effects of cards like alatar of shadow

D-Emissary
05-13-2013, 08:04 AM
would love berserk if it ignored effects of cards like alatar of shadow

Maybe...

I like the Enforcer. 4/5/6 are very good stats for a 5cost creature.
Beserk is a small disadvantage and Sweep Attack is very powerful with 4 Attack.
He doesn`t need Immune to Retaliation, because 4 Attack kills the most of the enemy creatures.

svilleneuve
05-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Just to clarify the Berzerk ability, the creature is attacking at the beginning of its controller's turn. This counts as its turn's attack and thus, it cannot move during that turn. Also, since it attacks during the beginning of the turn, you won't be able to boost it. It will have attacked already when you get control of the turn and the Inner Fires you would use on them would be destroyed before it attacks on the next turn.

It was designed as a drawback to let us give the creature more stats. It's a common too so we didnt' go all out when distributing those numbers, but still, a 4/5/6 sweep attack is rather fearsome, being berzerk is a small drawback when you're locking a row so fiercely.

SenseiKoudai
05-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Just to clarify the Berzerk ability, the creature is attacking at the beginning of its controller's turn.

I may be confusing things with MtG here, but...

"At the beginning of the action phase..."
action phase == supply phase ?

Shambell
05-15-2013, 01:01 PM
action phase == supply phase ?

1.Supply Phase
2.Action Phase