PDA

View Full Version : Collecting questions for AC3 composer Lorne Balfe (The Assassinís Den podcast)

loomer979
05-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Hey everyone, for the next episode of The Assassinís Den weíll be chatting with Lorne Balfe! Lorne composed the soundtrack for AC3 and the recent Tyranny of King Washington DLC, in addition to sharing composer duties with Jesper Kyd on AC: Revelations. (Note: Lorne is not returning for AC4).

If you want to ask or vote on questions for Lorne about his work on the Assassinís Creed series, you can do so using Google Moderator here: http://www.google.com/moderator/#16/e=1fc052

Use the link above to ask questions, any questions for Lorne in this thread will be ignored.

Iím stoked for this one, hope you guys are too :).

amongthecreed
05-10-2013, 06:40 PM
:O Lorne Balfe! I can't wait!

ACfan443
05-10-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm going to submit a question about why ambient music wasn't used in the game, it's a MUST.

ArabianFrost
05-10-2013, 08:49 PM
How much does the setting of the game affect the way the soundtrack is made? Do you research the local musical culture and instruments of the time and location setting, then use that for the soundtrack? I just wanted to know, cause some of the tracks had fiddles in them and the TOKGW had fitting Native American characteristics. Thank you, lorne, for your work on the series and I wish you great fortune in your future endeavours.

silvermercy
05-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Just asked one. :)

loomer979
05-10-2013, 11:46 PM
How much does the setting of the game affect the way the soundtrack is made? Do you research the local musical culture and instruments of the time and location setting, then use that for the soundtrack? I just wanted to know, cause some of the tracks had fiddles in them and the TOKGW had fitting Native American characteristics. Thank you, lorne, for your work on the series and I wish you great fortune in your future endeavours.

From the original post: "Use the link above to ask questions, any questions for Lorne in this thread will be ignored."

poptartz20
05-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Loomer! Love the stuff! How do you get all these awesome interviews with these people! Thanks for the heads up! Can't wait!

ArabianFrost
05-11-2013, 10:23 AM
From the original post: "Use the link above to ask questions, any questions for Lorne in this thread will be ignored."

My bad.

amongthecreed
05-13-2013, 05:42 AM
Any ETA? Though patience is virtue I guess...

Assassin_M
05-13-2013, 05:43 AM
This should be interesting...