PDA

View Full Version : Whiich game were you most excited for?

IceHot100
05-08-2013, 07:28 PM
So for all the hardcore fans who have witnessed, if not all, most of the releases. Which one were you most excited for? I have been keeping up with franchise since AC2 came out. And for me it was AC3. I don't know, maybe because the way they promoted the game. Black Flag on the contrary is currently the least exciting one. I'm not even keeping up with the latest infos.

rrebe
05-08-2013, 07:32 PM
I don't know, I''ve been excited for all the AC games, but atm I'm preeeetty excited for AC4:)

gxxnblin
05-08-2013, 07:36 PM
haha yes i have been excited for all the AC games too :D

silvermercy
05-08-2013, 07:37 PM
AC3 for sure! They had much bigger marketing campaign. So many trailers, too... I wasn't a fan before AC3 so I don't know about previous campaigns. About AC4, sure I'm excited but not as much as this time last year. I will start getting more excited when I see more info coming I suppose.

Shahkulu101
05-08-2013, 07:38 PM
I was most excited for ACB. I had a taster of AC2 at a friends house and I knew I'd become a fan instantly. Brotherhood arrived on christmas day and I had been waiting in agony to play that game, to climb those building and kill those guards, it remains my favourite to this day.

ArabianFrost
05-08-2013, 07:42 PM
AC3, the greatest promise, the greatest hype and the greatest let down.

gxxnblin
05-08-2013, 07:45 PM
AC3 for sure! They had much bigger marketing campaign. So many trailers, too... I wasn't a fan before AC3 so I don't know about previous campaigns. About AC4, sure I'm excited but not as much as this time last year. I will start getting more excited when I see more info coming I suppose.
did you play the older ones now?

silvermercy
05-08-2013, 07:50 PM
did you play the older ones now?
Oh yes! Except AC1 which I left in the middle as I was stuck in a balcony scene I think. lol The rest I played in order, just after Revelations was released. But I became a fan with the AC3 campaign. :)

gxxnblin
05-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Oh yes! Except AC1 which I left in the middle as I was stuck in a balcony scene I think. lol The rest I played in order, just after Revelations was released. But I became a fan with the AC3 campaign. :)
i started with acb,ac2,ac1 and then with the last ones.

SixKeys
05-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Brotherhood, definitely. It came out at just the right moment in my life. I was miserable at work with a lot of other crap going on and then the announcement for a new AC game comes totally out of left field. I got so incredibly hyped when I saw the cinematic trailer. Then news of the brand new multiplayer started trickling out and I was intrigued. Watched every single trailer and video I could get my hands on. This was before yearly releases were a thing, so I was really surprised and happy to get to play a new AC game so soon after getting into the series. By the time ACR's announcement came along, it was already more like: "Again? Well, I guess so..."

JohnBoyzZ
05-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Assassin's Creed IV mainly because I wasn't a fan of AC yet due to not have an xbox (I still watched the trailers though). When I started the series, it was around January 2013. YES that's late but I started with ACII and I love that game so much. As of today, I've completed ACII, Brotherhood AND Revelations at 100% Sync. All Achievements (excluding Revelations Multiplayer DLC). I can see why Ezio had multiple games due to his popularity. I've yet to collect all the flags in the first AC though. As for ACIII, I'm almost 100% Sync but there's some glitches preventing me from completing it :/

With those past games completed, I'm so hyped for ACIV. Haytham's father as the main character; dual-wielding swords; possibly four pistols? AHH. I'm also hoping for lots of stealth equivalent to the Ezio games.

ACfan443
05-08-2013, 09:00 PM
It's between AC2 and AC3 for me. The announcement of a new AC game two years after the first was released was exciting and magical, the wait and anticipation contributed to this. The new direction they were taking along with what was showcased in the trailers and demos whet my appetite.

With AC3, it was considered 'the big one' or the 'true sequel to AC2', so this was one factor of excitement. Then there was the promotional material: trailers/demos/articles showcasing the new protagonist, new setting, new technology etc - they made it sound so new, fresh and innovative. But in the end, all of this looked far too pretentious and exaggerated compared to the final product.
And finally, it was said to properly conclude and tie loose ends in the overarching modern day plot (or so I thought) - my biggest reason to be excited, it was a story arc I invested in and followed religiously since AC1, and was desperately longing for a payoff to this plot that was unnecessarily stretched across many games.

So in the end I voted AC3, the expectation and anticipation was much higher than any of its predecessors.

montagemik
05-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Been with the series since AC launch . PS3 pre-launch review ............

But the sequel i was most 'looking forward to' is most definately AC-B.

lothario-da-be
05-08-2013, 09:01 PM
I was overexcited for ac3 and not realy for ac4, says enough i guess...

LoyalACFan
05-08-2013, 09:31 PM

Basically this. Didn't get into the series until I picked up AC1 in 2009 right before AC2 launched, so I didn't experience the hype for the first two games. When they announced Brotherhood, I wasn't really that excited, since I viewed it as a spin-off rather than a true sequel. Same with Revelations. But AC3... God dang. My hype level was off the charts. After being let down with that one, I'm not looking forward to AC4 nearly as much.

xboxauditore
05-08-2013, 10:05 PM
I'm uber hyped for AC4, But AC3 was an obsession for me, I couldn't go a day without bringing it up and screaming about how I needed it more than air.

The game was just as good as I expected it to be, contrary to what almost everyone else says.

pacmanate
05-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Have to say Brotherhood, thats when I joined up. At this point I loved the AC series and after AC2 I was really hyped for what I thought was going to be AC3. When I found out it was another Ezio game, I actually got excited, because I loved AC2 and AC1 and it didn't really bother me about not getting a new protagonist. I just loved the demos they showed as well. The Villa fight, the one where they showcased the Brotherhood and also the Leonardo one.

And I was pretty satisfied with it when it came out as well. It was just too short IMO.

Just a side note, when I found out the next instalment after Brotherhood was Revelations I went into "meh" mode. That was until I saw Desmond in some crazy Animus stuff (that was removed from the final game), and when I saw Altair.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-08-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm uber hyped for AC4, But AC3 was an obsession for me, I couldn't go a day without bringing it up and screaming about how I needed it more than air.

The game was just as good as I expected it to be, contrary to what almost everyone else says.

I was exactly the same way..I expected a more cluttered frontier and epic battle scenes..other than that i was very pleased with the end product!

AssassinHMS
05-08-2013, 10:34 PM
I was exactly the same way..I expected a more cluttered frontier and epic battle scenes..other than that i was very pleased with the end product!

I expected an assassin's creed game...oh well, I'm sure a pirate themed game will make up for it.

n97e
05-09-2013, 01:11 AM
Probably AC1 but AC3 isn't to far behind it. AC1 just seemed like something that was so different (and it was) that that alone got me excited.

Megas_Doux
05-09-2013, 01:19 AM
I expected an assassin's creed game...oh well, I'm sure a pirate themed game will make up for it.

I guess you did not like AC2/ACB, since AC is not about courtesans and thieves......

Biomedical-Fire
05-09-2013, 02:39 AM
For me, I was very excited for the first one because it became a multi-plat game. I didn't have a PS3 at the time and I was interested in this game very much, but was disappointed because it was an PS3 exclusive. Then my excitement level increased when it was announced for the 360.

I-Like-Pie45
05-09-2013, 02:39 AM
AC3, and unlike most I was genuinely satisfied with the product. Maybe because I prob. paid only 1/2 of what you peeps did, but despite some failings like laughable side missions, no random events as promised, underwhelming battles and historical events, THAT MODERN DAY ENDING, and bad linear mission design with frustrating sync objectives, I was happy with what I got.

jamgamerforever
05-09-2013, 02:56 AM
Brotherhood. After playing AC2 and enjoying it a whole degree higher than the first game (which I still enjoyed), hearing that we would be getting another game continuing Ezio's story was amazing. The concept of recruiting assassins and being able to train them, utilise them in combat was also very hype-inducing for me.

Oh, and that demonstration of the opening, with the Auditore Villa being annihilated by Cesare's forces? Pretty awesome.

Assassin_M
05-09-2013, 03:01 AM
Assassins Creed II..

Nothing topped it yet

cmrggamer
05-09-2013, 04:13 AM
I remember when I saw the first trailer for AC1 and I was just blown away and so intrigued by the whole game--the graphics were gorgeous, and from the trailer was a taste of gameplay and story without lots of specifics so there was still plenty of wonder left :)
But, it fell off my radar and I didn't follow much of the marketing campaign after that, so I'm going to have to go with AC3 as I still remember the first trailer being released on my birthday and how excited I became for the new game as I had just bought and played all the other AC games right before and I was almost distraught I'd have to wait a long time before getting to play another one, haha. After that first trailer I watched just about everything that came out!
And while AC3 was definitely disappointing in some aspects, I still really enjoyed the game!

monster_rambo
05-09-2013, 06:32 AM
AC3. Most excited. AC3 Most disappointing. Enough said.

Legendz54
05-09-2013, 06:51 AM
I was most excited for AC3.

Assassin_M
05-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Well.......You`re a bunch of gullible optimists..

I hope you learned your lesson, children...

monster_rambo
05-09-2013, 07:49 AM
Well.......You`re a bunch of gullible optimists..

I hope you learned your lesson, children...

I'm glad you learned your lesson.

Assassin_M
05-09-2013, 07:52 AM
I'm glad you learned your lesson.
Lol, I wasn't THAT disappointed with AC III, because I wasn't THAT hyped for it..matter of fact, I was depressed to know that it`s set during the American Revolution. My first post regarding the early rumors last year show me hoping that the Revolution talk is not real...

I`v no lesson to learn, but the nature of your post :P

HisSpiritLives
05-09-2013, 08:02 AM
I was disapointed at first when i heard about American Revolution ,soon after i became hyped for AC3(dunno why,maybe because of new combat options and other gameplay elements)

AssassinHMS
05-09-2013, 10:25 AM
I guess you did not like AC2/ACB, since AC is not about courtesans and thieves......

Do you want me to remind you AC3 failed to do everything that was important to the series and that made an AC game (except for the story)? Or will you play the game and realise that yourself?
AC3 fanboy...

Megas_Doux
05-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Do you want me to remind you AC3 failed to do everything that was important to the series and that made an AC game (except for the story)? Or will you play the game and realise that yourself?
AC3 fanboy...

I am aware of AC3īs critical mistakes such as bad,-aka linear- mission design and lack of ambient music , just no name a few......Aint no fanboy, believe me.

Legendz54
05-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Things have just gotten less interesting for me since Desmond died.. I expected big things from him.. Its just hard to get excited.

lothario-da-be
05-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Things have just gotten less interesting for me since Desmond died.. I expected big things from him.. Its just hard to get excited.
everyone expected big things, i don't know if i would have known how it all turned out, would have followed this franchise so close.

SleezeRocker
05-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Assassin's Creed 2
I was just counting the days for this game to release since early summer in 09. all the other games just felt like " Oh cool a new AC game" there after. I'll still try to play them all but I just don't have the excitement factor as I did for AC2.

lothario-da-be
05-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Assassin's Creed 2
I was just counting the days for this game to release since early summer in 09. all the other games just felt like " Oh cool a new AC game" there after. I'll still try to play them all but I just don't have the excitement factor as I did for AC2.
ac2 was perfect hype level imo. Everyone was looking realy foreward to it but we didn't expect a perfect mind blowing innovating 20+hour game wich was the case with ac3.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-09-2013, 05:19 PM
I really dont know how anyone could have been excited for Assassins Creed 2 if they played the first 1....
If I started out with AC 1 I would have never bothered to continue with the series..its such a horrible and boring game to my personal standards.. -_-

Assassin_M
05-09-2013, 06:54 PM
I really dont know how anyone could have been excited for Assassins Creed 2 if they played the first 1....
If I started out with AC 1 I would have never bothered to continue with the series..its such a horrible and boring game to my personal standards.. -_-
Well, even AC I was crap to you, excitement for AC II should still be something...the first thing they promised is variety, which was the problem to most people in AC I...I had no such problems and waited 2 friggin years for ANYTHING after that ending....when the announcement came I was jumping up and down like a pansy

AssassinHMS
05-09-2013, 07:00 PM
I am aware of AC3īs critical mistakes such as bad,-aka linear- mission design and lack of ambient music , just no name a few......Aint no fanboy, believe me.

Ah ok. Then you understand that, in those terms (gameplay, atmosphere, mysteries, freedom...), AC3 wasn't an assassin's creed game while AC2 and ACB were (not that those two were perfect or anything but AC3 went way too far).

SixKeys
05-09-2013, 07:02 PM

I feel sorry for your personal standards.

Assassin_M
05-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Ah ok. Then you understand that, in those terms (gameplay, atmosphere, mysteries, freedom...), AC3 wasn't an assassin's creed game while AC2 and ACB were (not that those two were perfect or anything but AC3 went way too far).
Actually, AC3 was an Assassins Creed game in terms of Gameplay....there was stealth, free running, parkour and combat. it simply had awful mission design. Atmosphere and Mystery have no exclusive shape in AC games and freedom ? well....you only tie that word with AC I...nothing else

Soulid_Snake
05-09-2013, 07:08 PM

This.

Sushiglutton
05-09-2013, 07:26 PM
I voted AC2, but I actually think it was AC3 now that I think of it. I really thought they had got it. Hutchinson said a lot of smart things about refocusing and pushing the core aspects etc. But it didn't really work out that way lol.

AssassinHMS
05-09-2013, 08:00 PM
there was stealth
I agree stealth was sort of there but if you're in a small room with a table as furniture and your enemies have X-ray vision, sure you can hide behind the table but why? (Same with AC3) And, apart from being able to take cover behind objects, AC3 was a step back in terms of stealth gameplay (Social stealth for instance).

Atmosphere and Mystery have no exclusive shape in AC games
While they may not have exclusive shape there are many, many things that contribute to the atmosphere and the mystery that existed since AC1 but were ignored in AC3

and freedom ? well....you only tie that word with AC I...nothing else
Open ended missions is only one of the many types of freedom Assassin's Creed used to provide and which AC3 failed to.

I'm not saying previous AC games were great in terms of stealth, freedom (except AC1) or navigation, because they weren't, but if you take a good look you'll realise they have been increasingly forgotten and even cast aside.

Assassin_M
05-09-2013, 08:08 PM
I agree stealth was sort of there but if you're in a small room with a table as furniture and your enemies have X-ray vision, sure you can hide behind the table but why? (Same with AC3) And, apart from being able to take cover behind objects, AC3 was a step back in terms of stealth gameplay (Social stealth for instance).
Yes, step back....but it was there...i.e awful mission design

While they may not have exclusive shape there are many, many things that create atmosphere and mystery that existed since AC1 but not in AC3
Didn't I just say this ?? Mystery has no exclusive shape, you comparing the mysteries from AC I and AC II is the problem...AC III had some of Mysteries. The Kidd Treasure hunt for instance..

Open ended missions is only one of the many types of freedom Assassin's Creed used to provide and which AC3 failed to.
No, open ended Assassinations were only in AC I....AC III succeeds in this more so than AC II on wards in terms of open ended Assassinations...AC III has 2 Assassinations where you can either go stealthy or Rambo....AC II had no such thing...i`m not saying AC III is a pinnacle for freedom in Assassinations, i`m saying it did it better than any other AC game after 1 and it did it worse, so I want to say is, AC III is the best and worst in terms of Assassinations.

I'm not saying previous AC games were great in terms of stealth, freedom (except AC1) or navigation, because they weren't, but if you take a good look you'll realise they have been increasingly forgotten and even cast aside.
and I`m not saying AC III is the best in any of those either... navigation greatly depends on the player, I found AC III to be a LOT better in navigation..AC III is the best and worst in freedom (barring AC I) and has some stealth....Stealth was not cast aside, just marred by the terrible AI and the increasing directive towards the "epic" scene, but stealth is definitely still there....implemented terribly

A.R.T.H
06-04-2013, 08:12 AM
If it's excited you ask well i was always excited for any upcoming AC game
right now m restless about AC IV: BF
but my most fav. is and always will be Revelations

x___Luffy___x
06-04-2013, 11:19 AM

AC1 was and will remain one of the best AC ever made. i played it when it came out in 2008 and i loved it. there was not a game like this anywhere.

i was very exited to play AC2 after AC1 and every AC has brought something new with each release.

roostersrule2
06-04-2013, 12:04 PM
If I started out with AC 1 I would have never bothered to continue with the series..its such a horrible and boring game to my personal standards.. -_-I can understand not liking but I didn't even know AC existed when the AC2 hype was happening and I was still hyped due to the ending of AC1, it was great.

Bastiaen
06-04-2013, 04:05 PM
I was excited for all of them, but if I had to rank them AC3>AC4>ACB

itsamea-mario
06-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Well, AC1 got me into the series, so there wasn't that much hype for that, but i was really excited for AC2, and then naturally excitement declined from there on.