PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a curious thing.

Farlander1991
05-08-2013, 01:01 PM
When I was still studying at VFS Game Design program, we had to create a concept doc for a game that we would write a full Game Design Document for. So I created a concept doc for a game based on Sabatini's Captan Blood novels. It would be a third-person action/adventure game where you'd control your own ship and would constantly be in control of the main character, Peter Blood. I.e. you could go on the ship, take the wheel, go somewhere, yell commands to your people, stop near some other ship and then jump over to that ship to fight there, and stuff like that (though, when I started the GDD itself I scoped it down to a platformer game for Nintendo 3DS, since the scope of the concept was just too much to write about). Now, imagine my surprise, when I found out that in AC4: Black Flag you pretty much are going to be able to do precisely that.

Oh, and I wrote that concept approximately in July/August 2011, which as far as I understand is approximately the moment when AC4 actually originated as a project and pre-production on it started.

Not like anybody should care or anything, but I just to this day find that really funny and curious :D

Sushiglutton
05-08-2013, 02:36 PM
And Yves had you deported out of Canada shortly after the announcement of AC4... Yeah I think it's clear what's going on here!

Farlander1991
05-08-2013, 02:41 PM
And Yves had you deported out of Canada shortly after the announcement of AC4... Yeah I think it's clear what's going on here!

THAT'S why I couldn't get a new work permit. That explains so much now!

Sushiglutton
05-08-2013, 07:16 PM

THAT'S why I couldn't get a new work permit. That explains so much now!

Yep, you're pretty much Europe's Patrice Desilet