PDA

View Full Version : New ability: Fear!

Aza404
05-08-2013, 12:57 PM
"How can you hope to fight me if you drop your weapon, puny human?"

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/living_nightmare.png

Fear is a powerful tool.
It can disrupt enemy ranks, create chaos and shape the outcome of a battle in ways you can't predict.

A creature with a Might level requirement lower than X will not be able to attack a creature with Fear X. (It can attack the creature behind it.) The only way to prepare for a battle against Fear is to make sure you have enough high Might creatures in your deck to attack.

Will you use Fear in your favor?

Rysikoss
05-08-2013, 12:59 PM
nice necro card!

Elementalist.
05-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Good old intimidation factor :) Love it!

trupiciel
05-08-2013, 01:03 PM
At last something against Wolf Captains! But... wait... the cost is 5 ap? Arghhhh...

hydramarine
05-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Beware rush decks.

epicafricantoad
05-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Interesting card, but the thing I dont like about it is the artwork! Looks like a fanmande fake one. Is that one creature? A horde of creatures?:)
cheers
Toad

Hantziie
05-08-2013, 01:12 PM
So that's why you said you will try to bring the high mana cost monsters to the field. But why do you keep revealing necros?

LQDBrunt
05-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Can the creature with < 3 Might attack the hero if this is the only card in front of it?
If yes, then rush decks have noting to fear.

Hantziie
05-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Can the creature with < 3 Might attack the hero if this is the only card in front of it?

I don't think so.

Elementalist.
05-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Curious what happens when attacking this creature indirectly, with sweep attack for instance.

jimjim19681968
05-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Looks like a great card, but I agree with Toady the artwork looks a bit shabby.

I was trying to figure out if they are dogs or rats, or maybe something horrible in between.

hydramarine
05-08-2013, 01:27 PM
You cant attack a hero when there is a creature in front of it.

GalemZ
05-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Despiting the effect, the artwork is making me fear.....................

It's true that after I have read the effect of this card I found it is not bad, just 5-cost is a little more high.
But after I read the Introducing that enemy creature can attack the creature behind the fear creature, it make this card I little tricky.

Is this means the fear creature cannot prevent opponent creature in front of it attacking my hero?

If it is, I may rather using the Vengeful Spectre............

Hantziie
05-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Why would it allow to attack the hero? LOL if it's in front of the attacking creature, that creature can't attack the hero <_< you must destroy it first.

LQDBrunt
05-08-2013, 01:36 PM
You cant attack a hero when there is a creature in front of it.

You also can't attack a creature in the back line with non-shooter creatures when there is a creature in front of it, yet here it says: "It can attack the creature behind it".
If that rule is broken, how can we be sure that the rule about attacking the hero would remain unchanged?

hydramarine
05-08-2013, 01:38 PM
You also can't attack a creature in the back line with non-shooter creatures when there is a creature in front of it, yet here it says: "It can attack the creature behind it".
If that rule is broken, how can we be sure that the rule about attacking the hero would remain unchanged?
I am sure that was intended for shooters like Succubus. I dont see a DA attacking a back-line when this is in front of it. But a clarification on this would be nice.

nutlamb
05-08-2013, 01:43 PM
http://thumbsnap.com/s/ZiMxmsvf.jpg
Can you hear Clan Warlord saying:NOOOOOO~~!!!

Arsym
05-08-2013, 01:49 PM
A creature with a Might level requirement lower than X will not be able to attack a creature with Fear X. (It can attack the creature behind it.)

I don't really understand why you mention that, Aza. Care to enlighten us a bit regarding that phrase?

I have the same questions as the ones previously written

A melee or flyer will be able to target back row, if front row is occupied by a creature with Fear?
Also if no creature occupies the back row, will the attacking creature, when facing a creature with Fear, be able to attack the hero directly?

Furthermore does this new ability also affect retaliation/ retribution?
Meaning that when a creature with Fear attacks a creature with lower Might req than Fear X, the attacked creature becomes "feared" and doesn't even retaliate?

@Elementalist: I don't think that Fear would prevent indirect attacks, like sweeping and blasts. It will only prevent the creature with Fear to be the target of the attack

LQDBrunt
05-08-2013, 01:49 PM
I am sure that was intended for shooters like Succubus. I don't see a DA attacking a back-line when this is in front of it.

Shooters can attack back lines anyway, having this Living Nightmare in the front line doesn't change anything, so there is no need to explicitly say "It can attack the creature behind it".
From the description in the OP, i think DA would be able to attack the back line with Nightmare in front of it.

Harmbringer
05-08-2013, 01:53 PM
A creature with a Might level requirement lower than X will not be able to attack a creature with Fear X. (It can attack the creature behind it.) The only way to prepare for a battle against Fear is to make sure you have enough high Might creatures in your deck to attack.

Itīs a Creature with Might - or = to the X cannot attack!
Also You cannot attack the Hero, but a Shooter can shoot to the Shooter behind it! A DA cannot attack, but flee to another free space...

A cost of 5 for a 3/3/6 with Fear is worth itīs costs and way better than purid Lamasu!

Love the Warlord thing :D

hydramarine
05-08-2013, 02:00 PM
A Moonsilk Spider also cant attack to this, but people tell me that I miss the big picture sometimes. :D

GalemZ
05-08-2013, 02:17 PM
If a fear-3 creature is on and no friendly creature behind it, enemy creatures below might-3 can attack neither the fear-3 creature nor my hero. In other words they just can't attack. Is it true?

This means the rule "you can only attack enemy hero only if no creature in front of your creature" still on.

Harmbringer
05-08-2013, 02:21 PM
If a fear-3 creature is on and no friendly creature behind it, enemy creatures below might-3 can attack neither the fear-3 creature nor my hero. In other words they just can't attack. Is it true?

This means the rule "you can only attack enemy hero only if no creature in front of your creature" still on.

true!

pawel_fafa
05-08-2013, 03:02 PM
A creature with a Might level requirement lower than X will not be able to attack a creature with Fear X. (It can attack the creature behind it.)

Does it mean that if I attacked a Lich, which is behind the Living Nightmare, with a Sun Rider the LN would get the damage as well?

P.S. I don't mean to be cheeky but You should edit ur post so that is says the same as card description ;3

Ciolkmen
05-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Does it mean that if I attacked a Lich, which is behind the Living Nightmare, with a Sun Rider the LN would get the damage as well?
I think it would work more like a path of ancestors, you can't target this creature with your lower than 3 might creature's attack.

GalemZ
05-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Hahaha..........How is your feeling? 360 Kieran........

pawel_fafa
05-08-2013, 03:25 PM
I think it would work more like a path of ancestors, you can't target this creature with your lower than 3 might creature's attack.

yeah, but I'd still be able to target a creature behind it and as Sun Rider has Charge it'd do the damage to Living Nightmare as well.

DantesInferno_
05-08-2013, 03:37 PM
As someone who plays Inferno rush, I have to say, I hate this card! :)

I think Necropolis will be strong after the expansion. I mean this card (and maybe some more with fear) make high might cost creature necessary, but then again, they can just puppet master your high level creatures... That was my first thought. Anyone wanna extinguish my fears?

Harmbringer
05-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Hahaha..........How is your feeling? 360 Kieran........

Feels like "Townportal"

I think Necropolis will be strong after the expansion. I mean this card (and maybe some more with fear) make high might cost creature necessary, but then again, they can just puppet master your high level creatures... That was my first thought. Anyone wanna extinguish my fears?
This would require a High Might / High Magic deck... It will still be too slow to stop inferno rushes

Frozen-Drake
05-08-2013, 03:59 PM
i think you can't just target it for attack, Charge, Area Blast, Focused Blast, Sweep Attack can hit it

p.s. not sure about sweep attack, mby only the other 2 creatures are hit: right now the sweep attack is actually 3 normal attacks while charge, focused blast and area blast are considered a single 'big attack'

DantesInferno_
05-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Feels like "Townportal"

This would require a High Might / High Magic deck... It will still be too slow to stop inferno rushes

Not necessarily. We don't know if this one's the only card that's got fear. There could be low cost creatures with fear 1 or fear 2. Ariana pulls off 3-6-1 pretty easily. Should those low level low fear creatures exist I think Nercopolis will be way too strong with a deck like that.

ewrzen
05-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Necro is IMBA forever !!! GG Ubi. :mad:

Frozen-Drake
05-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Necro is IMBA forever !!! GG Ubi. :mad:
at least wait for the other cards, if this is the only fear card they have, nothing will change (infact, it's viable only on Nergal creature)

and don't forget that we didn't see any of haven cards, not to mention all the fortunes and spells
and btw, atm haven is the strongest faction

Pulpeiro
05-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Very interesting creature, yes, but awful art :(

I hope more illustrations of Guillaume Menuel in the new expansion. I really love his work.

Romichukr
05-08-2013, 05:27 PM
The creature looks promising, but first what into glare is bad art, Aza artists should work better.

patate_noire
05-08-2013, 05:31 PM
The effect seems pretty obvious to me, any 3 or less can't attack (by targeting) it.
Aza mention the 'you can attack the creature behind it' to say that the effect apply only to the creature with fear, and not in any case to the lcolumn (not sure it was needed tho).
Sweep should hurt it (if you attack the creature next to it) because you don't attack the creature directly, you deal damage.
The effect is good, the creature is still vulnerable to TP etc tho.

WalkingHawking
05-08-2013, 05:47 PM
The effect seems pretty obvious to me, any 3 or less can't attack (by targeting) it.
Aza mention the 'you can attack the creature behind it' to say that the effect apply only to the creature with fear, and not in any case to the lcolumn (not sure it was needed tho).
Sweep should hurt it (if you attack the creature next to it) because you don't attack the creature directly, you deal damage.
The effect is good, the creature is still vulnerable to TP etc tho.

Agreed.

Pulpeiro
05-08-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure Sweep attack works.. Now you can see animations for each attack so it works like a triple single attack. Agony kills a demented performing a sweep attack (second hit).

And seriously, if you need a new artist for the artworks, talk with me ;D
(All my respect for the artist, and my envy, I only mean this artwork doesn't fit very well and seems too different in quality and style. At least in a Rare card).

Morgotheron2012
05-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Art is good. Creature is good. Ability is good.

R4v3nL0rd
05-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Art is horrible. Creature is not good. Ability is acceptable.

Uraxor
05-09-2013, 01:10 AM
Kieran has NOTHING to fear from this creature - have you seen Atropos stopping - slowing even! - down Kieran? No, me neither...
All I see is Soul Reaver (Town Portal) becoming the most valuable card(s) around ...

Also - right, are other factions getting cards too, or is this just a necro show down?

On the bright side - I like how the reveals are picking up the pace :)

RedDevilCG
05-09-2013, 03:32 AM
You can probably retaliate just fine against this creature, I'm guessing.

MT...
05-09-2013, 12:00 PM
The real point of them showing this card is to show you the direction they are heading. They know right now that the meta is focused around low end characters and that a lot of their higher tier creatures are not being played. This, as other cards I'm sure we are going to see, is to change that factor. Or at the very least add new depth!

lukisra
05-09-2013, 01:33 PM
I don't really like the art of this card... :/ I think that MMDOC shouldn't add their own creatures for now, cause their is plenty to choose from in M&M universe.
If i could suggest, i would offer devs to use unite artwork from other M&M games, like for example Black Knight for necro would be so bad *** (and perfect for FEAR ability)
But thats just my 2 cents.

ReinendesLicht
05-09-2013, 02:06 PM
http://thumbsnap.com/s/ZiMxmsvf.jpg
Can you hear Clan Warlord saying:NOOOOOO~~!!!

haha
must be a fantastic look, if he is with like 10 atk and cant attack :D

E: I like the way what Fear will do to the Meta, when there will be more Fear Creatures.
Funfact: I want to have low might Fear Creatures so i dont have to go up high in Might :o

Kraven_Moorhead
05-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Good! I am so sick and tired of everyone playing Inferno or Rage decks! This will be great to counter them!

LordOfCrimson
05-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Blackskull Vulture Rider + Sacrificial Altar and this creature will perish with the cost of 1 maybe...

holynecro
05-10-2013, 06:14 AM
i always wanted a fear mechanic but if that creature have fear 3, then my avatar got fear 5 :D

Ursburs
05-10-2013, 01:23 PM
The real point of them showing this card is to show you the direction they are heading. They know right now that the meta is focused around low end characters and that a lot of their higher tier creatures are not being played. This, as other cards I'm sure we are going to see, is to change that factor. Or at the very least add new depth!
Adding more 5+ mana creatures won't help. They must rebalance banishing/damaging spells and fortunes because competitive players always will be using mostly cost effecient cards.

r3tsa
05-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Honestly, I hate this card depending on other new cards it can change games even into more luck fest.