PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: New Tournament Types

holynecro
05-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Hey there strategy fans, i heard that there is a premium tournament with premium cards. i want a tournament with only common cards. Common Card Tournament with a little gold reward. And also Uncommon Card Tournament and Rare Tournament. The current jackpot and swiss are already epic tournament which only helps the rich ones get more and more reach. In these tournaments you cant put a higher rank cards then the name of the tournament.

if anyone exists who opposes this idea, i dare to challenge him for a best of 5 with only common cards.

Infernal_Wisdom
05-08-2013, 01:11 AM
no luck, no card advantage, no money advantage, just skill

one of best ideas!!! :)

DragoAskani
05-08-2013, 01:53 AM
While the idea is sound in theory. An all common deck would be slow and clunky to play lol. Though it could be interesting.

WalkingHawking
05-08-2013, 09:08 AM
The deck i've been successfully playing for 2 months has 8 rares and 0 epics, where the 12 core cards are 4 uncommons and 8 commons. Rarity has nothing to do with quality with only a few OP exceptions. You guys think that success is based on getting every rare/epic cards you have and add them all to your deck and you can't be more wrong.
Now replying to the OP, i really would love to play limited format Tournaments, but i think that it should be based in some given cardlists instead of rarity, otherwise it would end up being too limited, which would lead to some boring and predictable games.

Bazaltovy
05-08-2013, 12:50 PM
If you ask me, the cardpool is too small at the moment to make a decent common- or common/uncommon-only deck. You can make a 1001-1100 Garant with 4 Rares only (namely Week of the Mercenaries), but besides that everything needs something special. For example, a full set of Blackskull Vulture Rider. I'm talking to you, Gryphus. :)
Limited is a very cool idea IMO, and I'm looking forward to it, but definitely not now, or in the nearest future.

WalkingHawking
05-08-2013, 04:19 PM
If you ask me, the cardpool is too small at the moment to make a decent common- or common/uncommon-only deck. You can make a 1001-1100 Garant with 4 Rares only (namely Week of the Mercenaries), but besides that everything needs something special. For example, a full set of Blackskull Vulture Rider. I'm talking to you, Gryphus. :)
Limited is a very cool idea IMO, and I'm looking forward to it, but definitely not now, or in the nearest future.

I'd rather draw my common enragers and common Sacrificial Altars than my rare Vulture Riders, i get your point but they aren't needed at all. What i'm trying to say is people gives too much importance to rare/epic cards and thinks most of the people wins because they have "better" cards and they can't be more wrong.
I agree about the cardpool tho.

holynecro
05-08-2013, 07:42 PM
The deck i've been successfully playing for 2 months has 8 rares and 0 epics, where the 12 core cards are 4 uncommons and 8 commons. Rarity has nothing to do with quality with only a few OP exceptions. You guys think that success is based on getting every rare/epic cards you have and add them all to your deck and you can't be more wrong.
Now replying to the OP, i really would love to play limited format Tournaments, but i think that it should be based in some given cardlists instead of rarity, otherwise it would end up being too limited, which would lead to some boring and predictable games.

let me guess 4 pao 4 blackskull vulture rider? did you count your rare events too? in my suggestion i didnt mention of power of rare and epics and the logic behind epic cards are that they are more mechanic which in good hands they are more dangerous my suggestion is based on earning gold.i just want a common or uncommon tournament with a prize of a jackpot tournament for earning some gold without epic and rare decks. are t1-t2 rewards possible without rares and epics?

holynecro
05-08-2013, 07:45 PM

yes card pool is a bit limited. and you can make over 1001 elo without any epic or rare but you cant get t1 or t2 in jackpot.

WalkingHawking
05-08-2013, 08:37 PM
let me guess 4 pao 4 blackskull vulture rider? did you count your rare events too? in my suggestion i didnt mention of power of rare and epics and the logic behind epic cards are that they are more mechanic which in good hands they are more dangerous my suggestion is based on earning gold.i just want a common or uncommon tournament with a prize of a jackpot tournament for earning some gold without epic and rare decks. are t1-t2 rewards possible without rares and epics?

I'm not using any rare events and the deck i mentioned is t1 everyday.

holynecro
05-08-2013, 11:50 PM
I'd rather draw my common enragers and common Sacrificial Altars than my rare Vulture Riders, i get your point but they aren't needed at all. What i'm trying to say is people gives too much importance to rare/epic cards and thinks most of the people wins because they have "better" cards and they can't be more wrong.

either you are not aware of the core of your deck or you are talking just to categorize people. those vultures in your deck are 3-3-6 flyer with a cost of 2 and most situations a cost of 1 right?

1 sacrifice = 2 deads plus 1 hit or 1 hit enrage counter 1 more dead so they will cost 1 resource. and of course you will want to draw sacrifice and want to draw vultures a bit later. also they are the creatures which shares mechanics with the cosmic realignment. do you see that your core is vulture riders?

and pao shares a good mechanic with the week of the dead, a unit which will die anyway can give your enrage counter before you attack with your enraged creatures with a cost of 0. but your core isnt these two rare cards. hmmm good thinking.

try to reach t1 without vulture riders and without any rare if you are so sure that they are not the core of your build and people cant tell that they are so strong.

am i the only one who thinks vulture rider is the best creature with cosmic realignment or sacrifice?

if you think that people thinks that top tier players win because that they got the better cards so all top tiers are welcome to join an uncommon common tournament to write their name on t1.

i respect the ones who got the epics, who are in the top tier and i never tell anyone that you are op because of your cards but i expect the same respect from people when i say that we need another kind of tournament which creates a change to win a little prize for the low lvl players.

DragoAskani
05-09-2013, 03:14 AM
I'm not using any rare events and the deck i mentioned is t1 everyday.

T1 with just commons and uncommons then. Time to put up, or shut up, as the saying goes. :D

WalkingHawking
05-09-2013, 11:02 AM
either you are not aware of the core of your deck or you are talking just to categorize people. those vultures in your deck are 3-3-6 flyer with a cost of 2 and most situations a cost of 1 right?

1 sacrifice = 2 deads plus 1 hit or 1 hit enrage counter 1 more dead so they will cost 1 resource. and of course you will want to draw sacrifice and want to draw vultures a bit later. also they are the creatures which shares mechanics with the cosmic realignment. do you see that your core is vulture riders?

and pao shares a good mechanic with the week of the dead, a unit which will die anyway can give your enrage counter before you attack with your enraged creatures with a cost of 0. but your core isnt these two rare cards. hmmm good thinking.

try to reach t1 without vulture riders and without any rare if you are so sure that they are not the core of your build and people cant tell that they are so strong.

am i the only one who thinks vulture rider is the best creature with cosmic realignment or sacrifice?

if you think that people thinks that top tier players win because that they got the better cards so all top tiers are welcome to join an uncommon common tournament to write their name on t1.

i respect the ones who got the epics, who are in the top tier and i never tell anyone that you are op because of your cards but i expect the same respect from people when i say that we need another kind of tournament which creates a change to win a little prize for the low lvl players.

Really, read my answer again, you're being so disrespectful to me just because you don't share my opinion, yet you tell it's me who has been disrespectful.
To be honest, you don't seem to understand what core means, the deck i'm using existed even before Vulture Riders were created, so please, don't come here and tell me they're the core of my deck. Awesome cards? Yeah, but not the core at all, i didn't build my deck around them, which is what core means, for your interest.
If you don't accept any opinion but yours, next time don't ask for them.

T1 with just commons and uncommons then. Time to put up, or shut up, as the saying goes. :D

If you don't want to understand what i'm saying, you're free to do it, but at least don't be so badmannered.

What i'm trying to say is people gives too much importance to rare/epic cards and thinks most of the people wins because they have "better" cards and they can't be more wrong.

I'd gladly join any common/uncommon/rare/whatever tournament and shut your mouth(s) up.

I've already stated my opinion in this thread, i'm off.

EDIT: Just found this...

DA and PAO are hardly "necessary" yes they are very, very, very good but I beat players that have them every day. Yes I have a full set of paos but several of my decks dont run them. Most of mine do though. Imagine if in MTG everyone had access to a 1 colorless mana lightening bolt. Everyone would play it if they could. Same thing with pao.

So if i say they are good but not necessary you come here and argue with me, but then you go elsewhere and say the same? I'm a bit confused.
I'm definitely off, all you guys want is to fight, go ahead, you can fight each other.

holynecro
05-09-2013, 07:38 PM
holynecro says:
Hey there strategy fans, i heard that there is a premium tournament with premium cards. i want a tournament with only common cards. Common Card Tournament with a little gold reward. And also Uncommon Card Tournament and Rare Tournament. The current jackpot and swiss are already epic tournament which only helps the rich ones get more and more reach. In these tournaments you cant put a higher rank cards then the name of the tournament.

if anyone exists who opposes this idea, i dare to challenge him for a best of 5 with only common cards.

Does anyone see a disrespectful sentence here?

walkinghawking says:
The deck i've been successfully playing for 2 months has 8 rares and 0 epics, where the 12 core cards are 4 uncommons and 8 commons. Rarity has nothing to do with quality with only a few OP exceptions. You guys think that success is based on getting every rare/epic cards you have and add them all to your deck and you can't be more wrong. Now replying to the OP, i really would love to play limited format Tournaments, but i think that it should be based in some given cardlists instead of rarity, otherwise it would end up being too limited, which would lead to some boring and predictable games.
Does everyone see a disrespectful sentence here? god, this kind of guys who cant be more wrong about me

Bazaltovy says:
If you ask me, the cardpool is too small at the moment to make a decent common- or common/uncommon-only deck. You can make a 1001-1100 Garant with 4 Rares only (namely Week of the Mercenaries), but besides that everything needs something special. For example, a full set of Blackskull Vulture Rider. I'm talking to you, Gryphus.

A nice comment because he is not judging or trying to insult me like you guys, a lot to learn from how to comment, he thinks that it cant be done and he writes the reasons

walking hawking says:
I just wonder that does he aware of that, if same people who are on t1 in jackpot can write their names on t1 in these tournaments too,they can end the saying "you are op because you got op rares and epics"
ow, in his last post he understood. interesting. :
I'd gladly join any common/uncommon/rare/whatever tournament and shut your mouth(s) up.

in conclusion, in my opinion you were the disrespectful one who deserved a lesson about his attitude. i did ask for opinions about a tournament which can help other people to get some gold.i did not asked your opinion about people who doesnt have epics or rares.

DragoAskani
05-10-2013, 03:22 AM
Really, read my answer again, you're being so disrespectful to me just because you don't share my opinion, yet you tell it's me who has been disrespectful.
To be honest, you don't seem to understand what core means, the deck i'm using existed even before Vulture Riders were created, so please, don't come here and tell me they're the core of my deck. Awesome cards? Yeah, but not the core at all, i didn't build my deck around them, which is what core means, for your interest.
If you don't accept any opinion but yours, next time don't ask for them.

If you don't want to understand what i'm saying, you're free to do it, but at least don't be so badmannered.

I've already stated my opinion in this thread, i'm off.

EDIT: Just found this...

So if i say they are good but not necessary you come here and argue with me, but then you go elsewhere and say the same? I'm a bit confused.
I'm definitely off, all you guys want is to fight, go ahead, you can fight each other.
I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume English is not your first language. Either that or you need to stop wearing your heart on your sleeve. Nothing I said was disrespectful. You made a claim, I just said I wanted to see you tier 1 with no rares or epics. Then I put a smiley face clearing making it mean it wasn't a stab at you. Sorry you can't piece that together, but that is not my problem.

Second you try to bring my comment from another discussion here and make it outta context. You do realize I have only replied to you ONCE don't you? I believe in your rush to be offended and act the fool that you have mistaken me for one of the other posters. Okay I lied I'm not going to give you the benefit of the doubt...I will keep my opinion to myself but suffice to say. I don't think very highly of your intelligence if this is how you draw conclusions from my ONE and ONLY response to you.