PDA

View Full Version : Kanento:kon's mistake in ToKW

SixKeys
05-07-2013, 03:18 PM
I kind of missed what Kanento:kon did in ToKW episode 2 that made Connor snap at him at the end ("Kanento:kon, I do not care!") and what was the mistake he was trying to pay for by attempting to kill Washington. What did he do that made Connor so mad?

ProletariatPleb
05-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Connor probably had other things in mind or didn't wanna hear more about how they were tortured....the scene didn't make sense tbh, but I'm thinking of reasons to justify.

SixKeys
05-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Connor probably had other things in mind or didn't wanna hear more about how they were tortured....the scene didn't make sense tbh, but I'm thinking of reasons to justify.

But in The Redemption, Franklin says something like "He wanted to pay for his mistake, he tried to kill Washington". So what made Kanento:kon want to sacrifice himself?

ProletariatPleb
05-07-2013, 03:34 PM
^No idea, wanting to same Adams?

guardian_titan
05-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Putnam had Kanen'tó:kon as a prisoner and tortured him for information. I do recall a conversation where Kanen'tó:kon states that Putnam knew their (Connor's and Franklin's) only way to escape was by sea. I took Kanen'tó:kon's mistake as him revealing the rebels were planning on leaving Boston which led to Putnam realizing they were going to leave via the harbor. They couldn't leave via Boston Neck since Putnam already stopped Adams there. Kanen'tó:kon could've also revealed that Franklin was working for the rebels leading to why he tried to save Franklin in Redemption.

SixKeys
05-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Putnam had Kanen'tó:kon as a prisoner and tortured him for information. I do recall a conversation where Kanen'tó:kon states that Putnam knew their (Connor's and Franklin's) only way to escape was by sea. I took Kanen'tó:kon's mistake as him revealing the rebels were planning on leaving Boston which led to Putnam realizing they were going to leave via the harbor. They couldn't leave via Boston Neck since Putnam already stopped Adams there. Kanen'tó:kon could've also revealed that Franklin was working for the rebels leading to why he tried to save Franklin in Redemption.

That makes sense, thanks.

AntiChrist7
05-07-2013, 04:18 PM
whats does "he kept turning the wheel" points to, btw?

ProletariatPleb
05-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Sounds like either that was some sort of torture device or that he kept pressurising Kanentokon to give up the info.

Bastiaen
05-07-2013, 07:09 PM

Torture racks work by turning a wheel that pulls on the victim's body.

Abeonis
05-07-2013, 08:07 PM
I kind of missed what Kanento:kon did in ToKW episode 2 that made Connor snap at him at the end ("Kanento:kon, I do not care!") and what was the mistake he was trying to pay for by attempting to kill Washington. What did he do that made Connor so mad?

I took it to mean that Connor was simply tired of Kanento:kon's apologising, especially when he was not hurt nor felt betrayed over what was done.

SixKeys
05-07-2013, 09:45 PM
I took it to mean that Connor was simply tired of Kanento:kon's apologising, especially when he was not hurt nor felt betrayed over what was done.

He sounded angry when he said it, though. If he was simply glad to see his friend alive, he probably would have placed a hand on his shoulder and said the line softly. Kanento:kon also look very sheepish after Connor snaps at him.

AherasSTRG
05-07-2013, 11:40 PM
"He kept turning the wheel":
http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/10-medieval-torture-devices3.jpg

Kanentokon apologised to Connor for not being able to hold on against the torture Putnam put him into. He did not hold on, but instead he revealed Franklin's and Connor's potential plans to him.

Edit: Post will soon be removed. because I find it a bit violent.

Assasseffect
05-08-2013, 12:27 AM
His mistake than Ben mentions was falling for the trap set by Putnam with the sympathetic officer. Kanento:kon was the one who fell for it and told Adams, and led him to his death.