PDA

View Full Version : AC4: Black Flag’s Naval Combat Will Provide An ‘Incredible Challenge

catkiller97
05-05-2013, 04:15 PM
A little excerpt from the article:

X360: How much can you realistically change things like the combat in Assassin’s Creed without getting too far away from the core experience players know and expect?

McDevitt: Because Assassin’s Creed’s melee combat has always tried to remain somewhat grounded and realistic, we have always dealt with the issue of ‘scaling’ the hero’s enemies; it’s just not possible to increase a human’s destructive power exponentially.
The Agile guards and the Brute guards remain human-sized, no matter what you do, so there is no good way to create a ‘boss’ character.
But with naval ships, the difference between a six-gun schooner and a 100-gun man-of-war is massive, and will provide players with incredible challenges
For the first time in an AC game, there will be enemies you simply cannot defeat at the beginning of the game.

Full article - http://www.x360magazine.com/games/assassins-creed-iv-black-flags-naval-combat-will-provide-an-incredible-challenge/

catkiller97
05-05-2013, 04:17 PM
My bad please lock the thread already posted..

I-Like-Pie45
05-05-2013, 04:21 PM
I think to make it the most challenging it can be the ship should be lost for good if it sinks.

Once that happens, you can't access anything involving the ship. You can't leave the island you're on currently and you also can't complete the story since it will involve naval stuff. You also can't get a new ship because it would desync history and so the only way to continue if your ship sinks is to restart the entire game.

Megas_Doux
05-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Good news, if true....

lothario-da-be
05-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Good news, if true....
It isn't