PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite mission in all of the franchise?

jayjay275
05-04-2013, 12:37 PM
My favourite mission in the whole franchise is probably Forum of the Ox or Flying Machine 2.0. I love bnoth of these missions because the track for them is very well composed, like the mission itself.
What is your favoruite mission and why?

lothario-da-be
05-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Hmm this is a hard one, can't choose. but forum of ox is one of my favorites too.

jayjay275
05-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Hmm this is a hard one, can't choose. but forum of ox is one of my favorites too.

Glad somebody else likes this mission. :)

Locopells
05-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Opening Altair's library. First time since AC1, I hadn't know what was coming (though if I'd thought about it...).

Proper 'no way!' moment...

Megas_Doux
05-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Letīs see:

Killing both Robert the Sable and Al Mualim! And in general, the nine target assassinations.
Infiltrating the Palazzo Ducale in Venezia!, Killing Emilio Barbarigo, and visiting the assasstin tomb in Saint Markīs Basilica.
Pax Romana, aka finishing Cesare Borgia off, and in fact my best ever in the series, the four Da vinci machineīs mission and killing the banker!
The Forum of the ox, escaping constantinople and opening Altairīs library.
Going through Bunker Hill and Breedīs hill, Fort Wolcott and infiltrating Fort George.

Assassin_M
05-04-2013, 07:18 PM
9 Assassinations
Tombs
Mad Doctor`s Castle
Pitcairn Assassination
Entirety of the Pazzi Conspiracy

I-Like-Pie45
05-04-2013, 08:13 PM
It's a tie between first-person platforming, the ACR Altair missions, and Chasing Lee.

Assasseffect
05-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Return to Abstergo in AC3
Last mission of Tyranny pt 3 was pretty badass
The mission in Revelations where you're a guitarist and the other where you break into the palace with your infinite army of assassins.

pacmanate
05-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Favourite mission... probably killing that mad doctor in AC1.

DisbandedBox359
05-05-2013, 01:34 AM
forum of the ox soundtrack makes that mission amazing, although have to say desmonds abstergo mission in ac3

jayjay275
05-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Desmond did have a lot of potential in AC3, shame it was wasted.

poptartz20
05-05-2013, 09:20 AM
I would have to say... when you got to be Desmond walking out of building with the Apple. That was awesome for me.

Along with with most of the boss fight of all the AC series. King Washing topping that list.

jayjay275
05-05-2013, 09:29 AM
I would also like to mention the mission where you assassinate Shakulu in Cappadocia, that was a good one. :P

LoyalACFan
05-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Killing Marco Barbarigo. By far.

"It's no easy thing to lose a Doge in the prime of his life, and to the cruelty of an Assassin who still hides in our mi-"BANG.

Runner-ups include the minstrel mission in ACR, killing Sibrand, and climbing that gigantic tower to kill Antonio Maffei while listening to his crazyass sermon. Entering Altair's library was awesome as well, but I wouldn't call that a "mission"... It was basically just a cutscene.

pacmanate
05-05-2013, 01:15 PM
I would have to say... when you got to be Desmond walking out of building with the Apple. That was awesome for me.

I thought so too, but it was so damn short! It was just 15 seconds of feeling like a badass. 15 seconds was not enough.

SixKeys
05-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Killing Marco Barbarigo. By far.

"It's no easy thing to lose a Doge in the prime of his life, and to the cruelty of an Assassin who still hides in our mi-"BANG.

The Barbarigo mission was awesome for everything except the fact that you were required to use the gun. It would have been so much more badass to rush up the deck and kill him with your hidden blade, then escape the ensuing chaos.

My favorite missions....Hmm, tough one.

-Antonio Maffei in AC2 (it's so satisfying when you manage to climb through all the towers undetected)
-Garnier and Sibrand in AC1
-The Tank mission in ACB

Edit: Oh, and all the Carnevale mini-games, especially stealing ribbons from ladies. ;)

nitres15
05-05-2013, 02:45 PM
It would have been so much more badass to rush up the deck and kill him with your hidden blade, then escape the ensuing chaos.

i...did that. Didnīt you know you could actually do that ?

SixKeys
05-05-2013, 02:47 PM
i...did that. Didnīt you know ?

I always thought the gun was a requirement for the mission? Since the instruction for "choose your gun from the weapon wheel" pops up so prominently and everything.

nitres15
05-05-2013, 02:50 PM
I always thought the gun was a requirement for the mission? Since the instruction for "choose your gun from the weapon wheel" pops up so prominently and everything.

i just equiped my hidden blades and ran at him. On my second playthrough, i swam around the his boat, climbed the rigging and air assassinated him.

SixKeys
05-05-2013, 04:07 PM
i just equiped my hidden blades and ran at him. On my second playthrough, i swam around the his boat, climbed the rigging and air assassinated him.

Cool, I'm currently replaying AC2 and have yet to get to that mission. Now I can try something different. :) (This is what happens when you can't replay missions!)

Megas_Doux
05-05-2013, 05:10 PM

Think you can find this interesting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdyKd2CHoYQ

thecodeman715
05-05-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure the name of the Mission, but it is in AC:B, its when the French Soldiers attack the Mercenary Base and you have close all of the gates, before AC:R came out, I was constantly replaying that mission just to call my Master Assassins in and let them have fun.

Not a mission, but in AC:R, there is a Jannisary Camp somewhere in Constantinople, I was always charging the gate, and calling my Master Assassins to Empty the camp

And in AC3, the most satisfying moment was killing Nicholas Biddle, since he was the only Templar not in the Main Story line...

lothario-da-be
05-06-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm not sure the name of the Mission, but it is in AC:B, its when the French Soldiers attack the Mercenary Base and you have close all of the gates, before AC:R came out, I was constantly replaying that mission just to call my Master Assassins in and let them have fun.

Not a mission, but in AC:R, there is a Jannisary Camp somewhere in Constantinople, I was always charging the gate, and calling my Master Assassins to Empty the camp

And in AC3, the most satisfying moment was killing Nicholas Biddle, since he was the only Templar not in the Main Story line...
lol can't even remember that guy.

SixKeys
05-06-2013, 06:41 PM

I never realized this before, but I think Marco Barbarigo's voice is the same as the Acre herald in AC1, the one who goes: "We've turned away from God, and so He punishes us, sending hoards of heathen warriors to gather at our gates. But God is also merciful, and our past misdeeds may be forgotten!" When Marco is holding his speech, it sounds remarkably familiar.

lothario-da-be
05-06-2013, 06:51 PM

I missed so much! I too thought you had to do this with the gun.