PDA

View Full Version : Nergal Opinions

Elementalist.
05-04-2013, 01:37 AM
Hey guys, I have been playing a 5/3/1 Nergal recently and I was curious about your opinion on a few things :)

Do you think it is worth adding a few banshees just in case or am I better off focusing on lower drops? Currently my only lvl 5 unit is Atropos.
Although ghosts work well with earthquake and wild spirits, are they worth having or am I better off with moonsilk skeletons?
Finally, what's your take on wild spirits? With lich, archlich, specter (and maybe ghost) are they worth the risk? I have been wondering if market of shadows or week of mercenaries wouldn't be more fitting. Of course mercs could prove trouble vs might heavy decks but then again I pack some good mass removal.

MartellCharles
05-04-2013, 05:28 AM
I played Nergal long time and got 1300+ ELO with him, so I could post my opinion here:
* 3-4 Banshees are a must, IMO. You don't race to might 6 immediately, but when it's time they can give you huge advantage. Also Atropos effectively raises two banshees :-)
* I myself don't like Moonsilks, but they're decent. If you have space for them you can use them along ghosts.
* I've used Week of Taxes and Week of Wild Spirits in my deck, cause most creatures are magical (Banshees too!).
Glad if this helps you!

killharmonic
05-05-2013, 06:53 AM
I played Nergal long time and got 1300+ ELO with him, so I could post my opinion here:
* 3-4 Banshees are a must, IMO. You don't race to might 6 immediately, but when it's time they can give you huge advantage. Also Atropos effectively raises two banshees :-)
* I myself don't like Moonsilks, but they're decent. If you have space for them you can use them along ghosts.
* I've used Week of Taxes and Week of Wild Spirits in my deck, cause most creatures are magical (Banshees too!).
Glad if this helps you!

hey martell... how you deal with magic heavy deck... my nergal usually lose against magic heavy deck like kal azaar.. ariana...
i play 6/3/1 only 1 banshee, with atropos, archlich, lich, fate spiinne, plague zombie, and other creature... event still week of taxes 3, week of merc 1, month of dancing flame

Frozen-Drake
05-05-2013, 11:54 AM
banshees are a must (dunno if 4 of them are too much, mby 3 are better)
ghosts are like a filler in my deck, due to me preferring moonsilk skeletons (also ghosts are really too weak vs magical creatures/weak spells)
hardest match is vs spell decks
i play a 6/2/1 nergal, that's why i can afford running around with mana storms (i also had to add 2 void wraiths to cripple ariana more)

MartellCharles
05-05-2013, 04:02 PM
hey martell... how you deal with magic heavy deck... my nergal usually lose against magic heavy deck like kal azaar.. ariana...
i play 6/3/1 only 1 banshee, with atropos, archlich, lich, fate spiinne, plague zombie, and other creature... event still week of taxes 3, week of merc 1, month of dancing flame

Magic heavy decks, except pure OTK, aren't problem, because you just deploy 1-3 creatures each turn and when your opp goes to 4 or more magic you start to think about deployment :-). Your main goal is earlier rush, so when he set up you should keep him at 7-8 life and finish with Pao and Banshees.

chatarra19
05-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Hey guys, I have been playing a 5/3/1 Nergal recently and I was curious about your opinion on a few things :)

Do you think it is worth adding a few banshees just in case or am I better off focusing on lower drops? Currently my only lvl 5 unit is Atropos.
Although ghosts work well with earthquake and wild spirits, are they worth having or am I better off with moonsilk skeletons?
Finally, what's your take on wild spirits? With lich, archlich, specter (and maybe ghost) are they worth the risk? I have been wondering if market of shadows or week of mercenaries wouldn't be more fitting. Of course mercs could prove trouble vs might heavy decks but then again I pack some good mass removal.

1. ofc, banshees always in necro deck are welcome, and with atropos + bridge (if u go fortune) or town portal (if u go spells) better, u can control easily late game

2. i never put ghosts and moonsilk skeletons neither, i think they are pretty useless, because u have thrower with 2 cost and stats 2-0-4 is much better than them, and can be boosted his dmg by wild spirit event, ofc i prefer him

3. i dont want to get risks, if ur enemy have control board and he has magic units, u will get pwned i dont want to benefit my enemy with my own event, and u will think... he is lucky...or u are just unlucky... or lucky event...., and thats false, u made this possible, if u have ALL or 3/4 of ur units, magics, then put this event(and u can still get a risk), else (in my case, playing with neofits, lamasu, vampire) i prefer week of mercenaries and week of taxes 100%, i always with my deck try to get T1 in jackpot tournament, and i have 1440 elo so this deck works (for me atleast)

Elementalist.
05-07-2013, 10:49 AM
I was thinking along those lines. Do you use any lvl 5 units except Atropos or do you move straight to banshees? I assume you use a set of quake/swarm/town portal as well?

chatarra19
05-07-2013, 12:28 PM
I was thinking along those lines. Do you use any lvl 5 units except Atropos or do you move straight to banshees? I assume you use a set of quake/swarm/town portal as well?

lvl 4 units: 4 x archlich
lvl 5 units: atropos
lvl 6 units: 3xbanshee

spells:
2 x teleport
3 x town portal
4 x swarm
4 x earthquake

Elementalist.
05-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Ah I see. You have 2 teleports where I have 2 specters and I also have a 4th town portal. Pretty close, thanks :)

LQDBrunt
05-07-2013, 08:15 PM
I was using similar deck to the one you describe here some time ago.
It got me t1/t2 regularly, don't know if it would be tournament viable now.

Think this was the decklist:
4x Lich
4x Librarian
1x Bard
4x Vampire Knight
4x Plague Zombie
4x Lamasu
4x Pao
4x Archlich
1x Atropos
4x Eq
4x IS
3x Stone Shield
4x Town Portal
2x Spell Twister
2x Mass Dispel
2x Shantiri Ruins
4x Week of Taxes
2x Day of Fortune
2x Celebrations

I couldn't incorporate Banshees in it and i didn't feel like i needed them.
You need to raise magic to three and do it fast (otherwise you end up with a bunch of cards you can't use in your hand) + you need to use Nergal's ability. Going to 6 might was impossible for me with this deck.
I kept Spell twisters in the deck as a way of dealing with Ariana decks and Stronghold otks which were quite common back then.
Now looking back on it i would have been better without them, as they were dead card sometimes and Kieran can always Twist you before you can Twist him (even if you spell twist Kieran, there is nothing there that can be super useful to you anyways, so it's a turn wasted, unless it's a late game and you get Time Jump).
Back then not many people had full set or 3/4 set of WC, so Kieran matchup was a lot easier with this deck.
I had really hard time when someone opened WC into Glory, which is quite common nowadays.

One period i was trying out Week of the Wild Spirits with Lingering Ghost instead of Librarian, but then Sanctuary and Inferno mathcups became nightmare.

Elementalist.
05-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Quite different from mine, here is the latest version: http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/2548/

It's mostly creature based with just enough spells to keep the opponent on his toes. It has a surprise attack mentality like most of my decks.

sui99
05-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm loving that one! If only I had the cards to copy it :(

Elementalist.
05-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Good luck then :)