PDA

View Full Version : [Reveal] Namtaru Channeler - Full Card

Aza404
05-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Dear champions,

Earlier this week we revealed a new card from the upcoming expansion, the Namtaru Channeler.

Here is the final version of this card with the proper statistics and abilities...

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/Namtaru_Channeler_bal.jpg

What do you think of it?

D-Emissary
05-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Powerful, if you build a deck with some ongoing spells.

Hantziie
05-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Looks ok... Vampiric Embrace, Weakness, Agony... and maybe some new spell cards can be good for this.

hydramarine
05-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Finally some love for cheap spells that doesnt deal direct damage. Esp. good with Vampiric Embrace.

Frozen-Drake
05-03-2013, 02:15 PM
mby this will lead to a new ariana build...

Pjovejas
05-03-2013, 02:17 PM
and this is makes the thread "spells are OP" even more true... :D "noottt" :D

nutlamb
05-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Fate Weaver is a Champion Unit
And Lotus is for Void Rising

So...HOW CAN IT BE?!!!

cnnbcx
05-03-2013, 02:20 PM
It will be OK only if we get some useful low-cost ongoing spells in the new expansion .
Otherwise it will be useless.
Just think about other Necropolis T3 creatures (Vampire Knight, Lamasu and Zombie)

Bazaltovy
05-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Happy Mother Namtaru is happy :)

Frozen-Drake
05-03-2013, 02:26 PM

doubt anyone will replace mass removals with ongoing spells

unless we'll get some low cost ongoing decent spells this card will be just another Vampire Assassin

nutlamb
05-03-2013, 02:35 PM
http://thumbsnap.com/i/JtXWqoji.jpg
Plague Zombie of old version saying: You dare to challenge me? I'm a COMMON Unit!

ultrabear
05-03-2013, 02:46 PM
http://thumbsnap.com/i/JtXWqoji.jpg
Plague Zombie of old version saying: You dare to challenge me? I'm a COMMON Unit!
New spell cards should be required to coop with this card otherwise not so good

NorsemanXXI
05-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Cute.

Unless there are some really good ongoing spells coming along, not that strong IMO.

Aza, you need to update the expansion icon on the card.

GalemZ
05-03-2013, 03:56 PM
OK, let's see what we got.

[3230105]
-3 cost total for 11 points
-6 points for this 1-0-5 body
-2 points in infect 1,
so this effect require for 3 points.

The [Question] is:
--Is this effect exactly values 3 point?

It's easy to calculate that if I have 1 Ongoing Spell in play, this creature gains +1ATK and +1 RTL, means 2 point. If I have two, it gains +2ATK and +2RTL which means 4.

So simply thinking, you must have 2 ongoing spell in play to make this effect valuable.

Of course, we can not just think in this way. What if our opponent plays ongoing spells? What if we have two of this creature in play? There are too many situations we have to evaluate.

I do not know if our card designers have test this card. So I can only evaluate this card in my own view.

"This creature is not valuable as an epic card." That is my point.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At first, we have to answer this question: Who should be the best user of this card?

The answer is obvious------Ariana or our new hero (probably)

3 Magic request is too high for hero who do not play high-cost spell too often like Nergal or Freshbone or Seria, Mother Namtaru is OK but Ariana must be the best choise.

BUT
Will Ariana use this card? My answer is no, for Ariana is the hero I have use very long time.
In fact, Ariana seldom use her hero effect because it cost too much and will slow down the speed of her magic level upgrading, it means your Puppet Master will not be able to use in the turn you just have 6 reasources.

I was just start using Mother Namtaru reacently, after used her for 4 days I have to admit that this hero is not going to use ANY ongoing spells, because this hero just using cheap creatures and strong spells to remove and remove and remove enemy creatures again and again and again.

The second question: What ongoing spell should we use?

We all see that Necro heros use Dark/Earth/Water/Primal spells. In all this cards, the ongoing spell which is used to see is:
-Water: Eternal Winter(12)/Blizzard(33)/Icy weapon(44)
-Earth: Earth's Grasp(22)/Stone Shield(33)
-Primal: -Seldom using ongoing spells.
-Dark: Weakness(22)/Death Seal(33)

In my view, only Earth's Grasp and Icy Weapon are valuable to use, and they still not much enough to appeal in general playing.

It is sure that Instant Spell is much more powerful than Ongoing spell, not just for spells that Necro playing but for all kind of spells. THEY ARE TOO SIMPLE TO BE REMOVED!!! IN MANY WAYS!!! IT MEANS THEY ARE SO UNSTABLE!!!

Of course if you like to use ongoing spell and have enough confedance to play them well. I'll have nothing much to say. But just watch our Plague Zombie: It's a COMMON CARD! We can inagine that he is crying looks like this--> "(ToT)TL"...........And, on the other side, our Wolf Captain may think: "What this shlt, so weak and cost more than me!?".

Still, this is just for the situation that there is no new ongoing spell in this new version. If it has, I will see it through and evaluate it again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides, I think that the effect [Infect] is too weak and difficult to control, should our Plague Zombie return to 225? And Fate Spinner to 217, Putrid Lamasu to 327? Now adays Necro players prefer [Cripples] than [Infect] espcially for Necro VS Necro.

hydramarine
05-03-2013, 04:15 PM
At first, we have to answer this question: Who should be the best user of this card?

The answer is obvious------Ariana or our new hero (probably).
Namtaru is the best for this. 3 different schools, a lot of cheap ongoing spells among them. Cheap creature removal with discard (hero ability). You can kill the fatties with Death Seal. Death Seal even gives +1 atk to her.

Also, you shouldnt compare this card to Plague Zombie. Magical attackers are strictly better than creatures with normal damage. They deal full dmg to incorporeal, and their attack can be boosted with an Event.

NorsemanXXI
05-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I agree. Unless there is something new coming along, in theory, this looks kinda weak for an epic.

However, I like the fact that they are trying to push the game in different directions. Trying to make the ongoing spells more valuable. With the right mechanics cards like Refreshing Springs could be more viable. I don't like to just fit new cards in the current metagame. I like to see if a new metagame can be created or reinvented, make old cards viable for the first time.

Like you said, ongoing spells have a huge card disadvantage attached to them. If you enchant a creature and it dies, you lose two cards for one so ongoing spells have to be really good to be playable.

This card won't be a staple in Necro decks but that is fine, it can still be used in specific thematic decks as long as the right cards exist. Personally, I don't like staple epic cards like the Wolf Captain or Dark Assassin. It makes factions decks to dependent on specific epic cards that are hard to get. This is why everyone plays Inferno, it doesn't require any epic card to be good and viable.

Having said all this, I think they could have pushed this card a little further.

GalemZ
05-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Of course you can use those cheap-costing ongoing spells but it is likely will make the structure become weaker if this new creature can not bring you enough power. Death Seals is good but not good enough because it just used to appeal once and means your new epic creature can only gain +1 at a moment.

For the comparing with Plague Zombie, it just a like a situation with 2 hands. Of course a Magic creature is making an Incorporeal creature nothing before it. But on the other hand it means nothing before a creature with Magic Resist or Magic Shield right?

GalemZ
05-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Namtaru is the best for this. 3 different schools, a lot of cheap ongoing spells among them. Cheap creature removal with discard (hero ability). You can kill the fatties with Death Seal. Death Seal even gives +1 atk to her.

Also, you shouldnt compare this card to Plague Zombie. Magical attackers are strictly better than creatures with normal damage. They deal full dmg to incorporeal, and their attack can be boosted with an Event.

Of course you can use those cheap-costing ongoing spells but it is likely will make the structure become weaker if this new creature can not bring you enough power. Death Seals is good but not good enough because it just used to appeal once and means your new epic creature can only gain +1 at a moment.

For the comparing with Plague Zombie, it just a like a situation with 2 hands. Of course a Magic creature is making an Incorporeal creature nothing before it. But on the other hand it means nothing before a creature with Magic Resist or Magic Shield right?

hydramarine
05-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Oh right, I forgot about magic resist creatures.

Quarison
05-03-2013, 05:30 PM
http://www.testdoc.vsfleague.com/img/game/cards/void-rising/mass-dispel.png

is a killer...

A little comparison with wolf captain will be really nice :)

i mean this creature wont be different. Like vampire assassin, they both will rot in shelves..

JohnDruitt
05-03-2013, 05:42 PM
This card might be playable but making it epic is just wrong. It should be at least uncommon or even common. Cannot say for sure since I havent seen other cards.

hydramarine
05-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Anything that can be 5/5 on turn 3-4 should be epic, trust me :)

This creature will be more dangerous than Wolf Captain in a dedicated deck. It has counters as everything (dispel), but that is only to be expected.

JohnDruitt
05-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Except this cant be 6/5 on turn 3-4

hydramarine
05-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Check out the water spells then. 4, 1 resource spells exist in Water school, plus Slow in Primal. Play 4 of them on turn 4 and she is 5/4. Plus Wild Spirits or two = 7/6. Not even the best case scenario. The point is she can be buffed more easily than WC. And most of the spells that you play to buff her have immediate effect unlike WC.

D-Emissary
05-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Except this cant be 6/5 on turn 3-4

Turn 3 Kieran: Bless (Namratu 2 Attack)
Turn 3 Mother Namtaru: Weakness (Namratu 3 Attack)
Turn 4 Kieran: Glory
Turn 4 Mother Namtaru: Eternal Winter + Weakness (Namratu 5 Attack)
Event Wild Spirits (Namratu 6 Attack)

This isn`t a average duel, but it is possible.

hydramarine
05-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Eternal Winter, Slow and Refreshing Spirits will be pretty bonkers with her I suspect.

JohnDruitt
05-03-2013, 06:37 PM
You guys simply dont get it:D Most of the ongoings are not permanent - if you play more of them you are going to slow yourself pretty bad and creature removal is killing you in taht scenario. You will need to play like 20 1-2 drop ongoing spells +4 channelers and that are only early game cards.

Kieran starts. 1drop Tax
Arianna -> wahever, even earth grasp.
Kieran -> Glory
Arianna -> Channeler
Kieran-> pretorian, other 2drop (already field adventage)
Arianna-> Now what?

hydramarine
05-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Are you even reading? Channeler is better with Namtaru and Seria. You need cheap ongoing spells with it. Earth doesnt have much of those, Water does.

Namtaru Channeler.

JohnDruitt
05-03-2013, 06:44 PM
So you even prefer to play to play it in Seria deck:D Ofc why not. You just lose perfect Venomous touch, earth grasp and bulb:D

You can replace Arianna in that post with Namtaru.

Btw. You play Cassandra's imperial devotion only in Cassandra's decks:D Becouse it has Cassandra's word in it.

Rysikoss
05-03-2013, 06:50 PM
If an unit is designed for only 1 hero to use then it is bad design

Hantziie
05-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Namtaru Channeler + Icy Weapon = 5 Attack

Rysikoss
05-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Plague Zombie + Icy Weapon = 5 attack so?

Frozen-Drake
05-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Namtaru Channeler + Icy Weapon = 5 Attack

Wretched Ghoul (t1) --------|
Lingering Ghost (t2) --------|
Neophyte Lich (t2) ----------|
Moonsilk Skeleton (t2) ----|
Lamasu (t3) ------------------|-----------------> + Icy Weapon = 5 Attack
Plague Zombie (t3) ---------|
Ravenous Ghoul (t3) -------|
Vampire Knight (t3) ---------|

Quarison
05-03-2013, 10:17 PM

This creature will be more dangerous than Wolf Captain in a dedicated deck. It has counters as everything (dispel), but that is only to be expected.

Just look at this way. How many ongoing spells are you using right now with your necro deck?

Necro is pretty strong right now, because they have nearly better creatures and when you swap these creatures with that spells, your deck wont be strong like before.

Wolf captain is much more better unit than this. With 2 cost, and constant damage with adjutant units. And wc has retribution against what? infect 1? just come on..

Just look at your games and look at all the ongoing spells in the game, and how many of them really useful? If you dont get the namtaru channeler to your hand, most of these spells will make you burden.

Nearly all of the necro factions ongoing spells are giving you more upper hand when you have upper hand. So if things are equal or worse for you, it's not a tide changer. And taking these ongoing spells to your deck limits you from taking other tide changing spells to your hand, unless you dont want to play with 90 cards.

I'm not impying it will do nothing. It can make difference of course. But not in competetive play. Not in over lets say 1100 rating.

And even if you think to play it with Mother namtaru, you need to ready yourself to lose like %60 of the games because of the 0 might.

if you think playing Seria will make it better, i dont think so either. What i mean by than, only Kat OTK or Kat Surprise Attack decks right now can be useful among the heroes dont have any sub ability.

if you willingly bypass any strong ability of necro heroes for water spells, and 1 more stat to fortune, i wish you real luck. Because ppl who plays Seria, generally play creatures + fortunes. So that extra stat of fortune wont have any use if you play creature + spell with that hero.

**Amacım tartışma yaratmak değil, gerçek anlamda çok kötü bir ünite. Oynanabilecek herolarda tamamen mantığı değiştiriyor. Mother namtaruda damage spellerin yerine ongoing speller alarak, sadece sonu hızlandırırsın, seria ile oynarsan da, o heronun asıl olayı fazladan 1 destiny statı. onu egale ediyosun. Hem creature hem fortune hem spell yaparım diyosan da, oda 59 kartla sınırlı kalması ciddi manada çok zor.

** => for hydramarine.

hydramarine
05-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Considering the next set will be about spells (ongoing spells to be exact), I dont think this creature will be weak.

patate_noire
05-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Obviously this card wasn't designed to fit the current metagame, but the ones that will come with the extension.
Probably more ongoing spells, new heroes etc...
The only problems I see with this cards are poison (wtf is this doing here?), and the fact that you might need 3-4 of this cards to build a deck around it, with a bunch of ongoing spells, a WC can be effective alone since you have other creatures to put around it, a Namtaru Channeler might not be... But let's wait and see what the 101 remaining cards will be shall we?

And I see a lot of comparison with the vampire assassin, but keep in mind that even tho it was useless since it got out, if the devs really put back in the game fatties, it could be worth playing it...

holynecro
05-04-2013, 04:42 AM
Its a creative card but whenever we start to compare a card to WC it just looks bad. This card requires 2 might and 3 magic and costs for 3, sounds like a blue when compared to WC. for now there are no creatures who acts like an ongoing spell. My hope is that the new cards back up this one.

if you want vampire assassin to kill something, you can give that card an ability called invisibility which oppenent cant see where you deploy. i want to hunt them down and feed on their blood. And please give me real necromancers and a bone dragon. Because infect is not a skill, its the price for mankind who is fool to come closer.

Infernal_Wisdom
05-04-2013, 05:47 AM
Wolf captain is imba noone can deny it :)

The only way to make them equal is make its cost 3 to 2, remove infect and add incorporeal skill and make its requirement like wolf captain 2 magic 0 might :D
Dont say it would be imba :D the lvl 1-2 spells ongoing spells are not all permanant and does not hit hero like units near wolf captain

But besides wolf captain, I dont think this card is strong enough to be red(for now maybe will be strong enough with coming cards but I dont think so)

At this curernt meta the most big problems I think

Inferno----------> needs better fortunes, add maybe a hero might+magic=3 or maybe a hero that can do different schools of magic, the hell concept is not only bout fire <------- http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Nine_Hells
Sanctuary------> needs more low tier creatures and melee-shooter balance in each tiers
Necropolis-----> needs really good low tier epic creature cards(vampire assasin is really like a joke) listen holynecro he has been living his eternal life since we haven't born :D
Stronghold-----> In someway needs to dispell without having primal school
Heaven---------> Don't give them anything instead take all of them maybe remove the entire race :D I want heaven players suffer long time after long sandalphon prison and kieran siegfried wolf captain meta as other faction suffer, I hate them all :D and also this song is my gift to heaven players :D

\m/(>_<)\m/

Forged in the sacred flames
On the sixth day
Of the sixth month
In the sixth hour
Hellfire rages in my eyes
Blood will fall like rain this night
The coming curse, the anti-Christ, I am the Watcher's eye
I vindicate and cleanse the Earth of all mankind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLIfEMJrJAI

GalemZ
05-04-2013, 08:32 AM
OK, I have just test an Ariana deck with more ongoing spell than ever.

I have just test: Weakness/ Death Seal/ Earth's Grasp /Contagion/ Mass Regeneration/ Vampiric Embrace/ Agony /Stone Shield.

Generally, the Weakness/ Death Seal /Earth's Grasp / Vampiric Embrace seem to be convenience and effective among them.

Espcially for the Death Seal and Earth's Grasp, help to kill strong creatures and kill PAOs at hand.

And during my test, it can be very easy to keep 2 ongoing spell in the field, 6 the most, which means our new epic can become 325 usually, sometimes becomes 435 or more.

But still the structure is not so powerful, for that I have not put any Earthquake and Insect Swarm in it. It comes bad when there is too many enemy creatures.

The Key is that it cost too much to play 3-cost creature while you still want to play a 2 & 3-cost ongoing spell.

ulpsz
05-04-2013, 09:00 AM
interesting effect , but I was expecting more ...should be a shooter at least..imo to be worth being epic

oncewasblind17
05-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Disappointing. But not for the ability, but because it's a low cost creature with high health that's EPIC in rarity.

Such archetypes are poor design. Low cost creatures tend to be staples in every deck, especially if they have a ton of health,
because they can be used as shields early on and are hard to get rid of for their cost. With a cost of 2 might 3 magic, players
can very easily just stack up magic early game while still having strong blockers, but ONLY if they're lucky enough to get this
incredibly rare epic card.

When you make a card, or any feature that is very powerful yet widely inaccessible, you've begun to create a pay-to-win environment.
Especially when there's no guaranteed way of attaining that specific card, even in the face of excessive grinding.

Dark Assassins. Wolf Captains. Both problem cards. Come May 28th, Namtaru Channeler may be added to that list.

Further Note: The cost. Ariana of the Severed Fates is the only hero who has the correct starting resources to be able to play her turn 3.
I'm sure I don't need to explain why this is a poor design decision, but I will anyways. New cards should add variety in game play, and
provide new, unique ways to fulfill the unmet potential of existing cards. When cards do this, they create strategic depth to your game,
giving more options of viable play, rather than limiting them.

Ariana is already one of the strongest heroes for her faction (if not the strongest). Because this Epic rare card can only be used with
her, instead of empowering any of the other hero options, the release of Namtaru Channeler (and cards like it) just further invalidates
them. The result? You're crippling your own game by minimizing the amount of viable strategies players can play with.

Quite literally, there could not have been a worse card to reveal for the new set. Namtaru Channeler is a quintessential example of
poor game design, doing nothing but narrowing the options of strategic play.

GalemZ
05-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Disappointing. But not for the ability, but because it's a low cost creature with high health that's EPIC in rarity.

Such archetypes are poor design. Low cost creatures tend to be staples in every deck, especially if they have a ton of health,
because they can be used as shields early on and are hard to get rid of for their cost. With a cost of 2 might 3 magic, players
can very easily just stack up magic early game while still having strong blockers, but ONLY if they're lucky enough to get this
incredibly rare epic card.

When you make a card, or any feature that is very powerful yet widely inaccessible, you've begun to create a pay-to-win environment.
Especially when there's no guaranteed way of attaining that specific card, even in the face of excessive grinding.

Dark Assassins. Wolf Captains. Both problem cards. Come May 28th, Namtaru Channeler may be added to that list.

Further Note: The cost. Ariana of the Severed Fates is the only hero who has the correct starting resources to be able to play her turn 3.
I'm sure I don't need to explain why this is a poor design decision, but I will anyways. New cards should add variety in game play, and
provide new, unique ways to fulfill the unmet potential of existing cards. When cards do this, they create strategic depth to your game,
giving more options of viable play, rather than limiting them.

Ariana is already one of the strongest heroes for her faction (if not the strongest). Because this Epic rare card can only be used with
her, instead of empowering any of the other hero options, the release of Namtaru Channeler (and cards like it) just further invalidates
them. The result? You're crippling your own game by minimizing the amount of viable strategies players can play with.

Quite literally, there could not have been a worse card to reveal for the new set. Namtaru Channeler is a quintessential example of
poor game design, doing nothing but narrowing the options of strategic play.

3-cost for 5 HP, is that so high?

If it just cost 2, then it may have a chance to be a valuable epic. Unfortunately, she's not.

RedDevilCG
05-04-2013, 06:21 PM
So... this card is a weaker Plague Zombie, that can potentially get buffed up if you lose board tempo for an ongoing spell? And it's epic?

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see what new ongoing spells are coming, as none of the current ones seam to jump out at me.

Frozen-Drake
05-04-2013, 08:08 PM
actually this card made me happy, why?
because it's the only epic they're gonna give to Necros if they do like VR (1 common, 1uncommon, 1 rare and 1 epic creature per faction)
and it's worthless! (if it was 2 resource with still 2 might and 3 magic it would've been just bad)
thats mean that every good card necro will get in the new expansion (if they'll get some), will be rare at max!

RedDevilCG
05-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Good point!

On another note we still haven't see the new spells yet. Maybe there will be some really good 1-drop ongoing spells.....

oncewasblind17
05-04-2013, 11:02 PM
3-cost for 5 HP, is that so high?

If it just cost 2, then it may have a chance to be a valuable epic. Unfortunately, she's not.

3 cost for 5 HP is fairly nice, and in a spell based deck, the 2 Might cost is pretty sweet as well. But that's not the point I'm making.

The reason why this is a poorly designed card is because it does nothing to help develop more strategic options, on the contrary,
it only improves upon strategies that are already being used, further invalidating cards and heroes who do not currently see play.

Zmajoubica
05-05-2013, 06:31 AM
This is not the last expansion. Each subsequent expansion will bring the new magic cards too. And do not forget that the opposing magic strengthen Namtaru. At a glance,its noting special but in the future can be very strong.

Frozen-Drake
05-05-2013, 11:07 AM
This is not the last expansion. Each subsequent expansion will bring the new magic cards too. And do not forget that the opposing magic strengthen Namtaru. At a glance,its noting special but in the future can be very strong.

it will be the last expansion till the end of december/mid january 2014

cnnbcx
05-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Yep, another Necros epic designed for fun.
Seems Vampire Assassin is not ALONE

Bazaltovy
05-05-2013, 12:14 PM
it will be the last expansion till the end of december/mid january 2014

Plans for 2013 include - if I remember correctly - 2 expansions and a new base set.

Frozen-Drake
05-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Plans for 2013 include - if I remember correctly - 2 expansions and a new base set.

they said they'll do 3 expansions, yet the first expansion that came in 2013 is coming 6 months after VR so i don't expect another one before other 6 months
aso i eallly doubt they can do another base set in this year since they needed 6 months to make less cards than VR

Uraxor
05-05-2013, 12:43 PM

So ... are you saying ... that the solution to WCs is to make new cards stronger?!

AKA New Expansion's strength >> anything we've seen before?

:mad:

Also, I'd like to see some commons/uncommons. You know, the cards people will actually be able to play with. And/or cards that address problems of the game right now, e.g. dealing with fortunes, Sanctuary's lack of 2 Might drops. Hell even that promised *bombastic* 'Inferno is going late game and fatties!!' guy would be more interesting, than some random creature that only works in conjunction with other cards from the expansion and therefore we know crap about how it will actually work...

hydramarine
05-05-2013, 12:59 PM
So ... are you saying ... that the solution to WCs is to make new cards stronger?!
[/SIZE]
Let's wait and see :P

unprepared4u
05-05-2013, 02:39 PM
It's an overpriced, less valuable, less effective, less viable version of wolf captain that has Infect instead of Retribution.

Unless the new expansion offers a lot of good new ongoing spells, this won't be seeing the meta

Quarison
05-05-2013, 07:19 PM
It's an overpriced, less valuable, less effective, less viable version of wolf captain that has Infect instead of Retribution.

Unless the new expansion offers a lot of good new ongoing spells, this won't be seeing the meta

Even though they can offer some good ongoing spells, it wont change the fact that, if you use an ongoing spell, you will most likely lose some tempo. And tempo is the main vein of this game.

Some ongoing spells are of course not making you lose tempo but, there's not much.

And there is another thing. there's only arianna that can use that creature at the round with 3 income. You cant rush with this, and there's not much cards you can change from your deck. even changing, Lamasu's with this creature will be a gamble

nutlamb
05-06-2013, 03:08 AM
Another thing to think,
there aren't many Low-cost Magic-attack Unit in Necro,
and Incorporeal Units are FRAGILE against Magic-attack,
so IMO the only Necro-hero fit for Wild Spirits is Fleshbane
For magic hero such as Mother Namtaru & Arianna,
the more important thing is Delaying Tactics,
so Tamed Spirits is better for them

Then for Namtaru Channeler,
Magic-attack is not so good as it seems to be
and simply UNREALISTIC by Ashan historical standard
Poisoned-knives are still knives, aren't they?

macfloam
05-06-2013, 04:32 AM

Not a single contributor to that thread made a single reference to a single ongoing spell effect being OP. 353 posts....most of them as dumb as this one.

iGrozni
05-06-2013, 09:30 AM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/Namtaru_Channeler_bal.jpg http://sadpanda.us/images/1581210-O3BBANG.png

Dare to challenge the smaller, cheaper foe? i don't think so.

z3r0_clay
05-06-2013, 03:26 PM
in my opinion as its now it should change to be in par with wolf captain similar as haven.
now that would work well with arianna.
it should be a tier 2 creature with 2resource requirements with 0 might and 2magic for early buffs for it...would be then perfect because then u would jus rather replace it with zombies instead.

WalkingHawking
05-06-2013, 03:48 PM
in my opinion as its now it should change to be in par with wolf captain similar as haven.
now that would work well with arianna.
it should be a tier 2 creature with 2resource requirements with 0 might and 2magic for early buffs for it...would be then perfect because then u would jus rather replace it with zombies instead.

Yeah, just this, just make every new card to be paired with WC, so we can pit every card we have so far but WCs.......

Thanisse
05-08-2013, 12:37 AM
yeah , now if they could increase wolf captain cost to 3 all is forgiven
this card has real potential , let's just hope there will be more attachments !
I LOVE ATTACHMENTS :X !

Shadowelf32
05-08-2013, 01:13 AM
Well if the card had "when u play an ongoing spell, draw a card" in addition to its current ability that would make it awesome. It would also justify the 2 might/3 magic cost. As it stands now, and without knowing Herald's cards, i'd say its crap