PDA

View Full Version : black flag wrong history...

NiGHTMARExNiCk
05-02-2013, 02:58 AM
Ubisoft has released that the ship in black flag the "jackdaw" is a militarized clipper ship.
Fast and reliable these vessels could outrun any ship of its time.
Problem is; these vessels werent developed untill around the late 1700s early 1800s.
The game takes place in 1715. As you can see tbat is still almost 100 years from development.
That is a very large gap that ubisoft should have noticed.

Kaweebo
05-02-2013, 05:51 AM
The game hasn't come out yet. They might be able to pull it off.

montagemik
05-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Ubisoft has released that the ship in black flag the "jackdaw" is a militarized clipper ship.
Fast and reliable these vessels could outrun any ship of its time.
Problem is; these vessels werent developed untill around the late 1700s early 1800s.
The game takes place in 1715. As you can see tbat is still almost 100 years from development.
That is a very large gap that ubisoft should have noticed.

Do you have a link for Ubisoft's Jackdaw / Clipper descriptions . ?

I also realised Hand-gliders weren't fully developed until a century or two after the rennaissance ................Luckily nobody mentioned this to Ezio or Davinci .
It's no major stretch to imagine a seasoned sailor could design his own variation of a vessel before it's design becomes mainstream .

These inconsistencies with real world facts & ingame depictions add to the whole 'History is a lie' plotpoint & often give their own explanations to some elements.

NiGHTMARExNiCk
05-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Do you have a link for Ubisoft's Jackdaw / Clipper descriptions . ?

I also realised Hand-gliders weren't fully developed until a century or two after the rennaissance ................Luckily nobody mentioned this to Ezio or Davinci .
It's no major stretch to imagine a seasoned sailor could design his own variation of a vessel before it's design becomes mainstream .

These inconsistencies with real world facts & ingame depictions add to the whole 'History is a lie' plotpoint & often give their own explanations to some elements.

http://m.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-4-black-flag/Jackdaw_(Ship)
Also the handglider wasn't "oficially patoned" until centuries later but Leonardo Da Vinci did actually create the handglider as an IDEA. Weather or not it was officialy tested I do not know.

montagemik
05-03-2013, 10:07 PM
http://m.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-4-black-flag/Jackdaw_(Ship)
Also the handglider wasn't "oficially patoned" until centuries later but Leonardo Da Vinci did actually create the handglider as an IDEA. Weather or not it was officialy tested I do not know.

And you also 'Don't know' if it's possible a sailor/ pirate assassin designed his own militarised Clipper before the design became mainstream throughout the world .
If you want 100% historical accuracy - You'll have to stick to the 'History Channel' ..................... AC has always been a fictional story with history as a backdrop.
Artistic licence is to be expected to some extent.

NiGHTMARExNiCk
05-06-2013, 01:03 AM
How would pirates be able to afford brand new ships which had never been seen before, Pirate were poor and pennyless. If pirates did suceed in plunder they would have probably spent it in taverns and repairs. That's why most pirates, even blackbeard, started off as a privateer capturing and distroying ship for governmential purposes. (IE: letters of marque).
Ubisoft has stated they wanted to tell how piracy was actually like in early 1700s
If I did that I would be as historically acurate as possible to back up that statement.
You and everyone else probably don't care but I believe creativity doesn't cover the loss of 100 years.
I'm just saying...

montagemik
05-06-2013, 02:04 PM
How would pirates be able to afford brand new ships which had never been seen before, Pirate were poor and pennyless. If pirates did suceed in plunder they would have probably spent it in taverns and repairs. That's why most pirates, even blackbeard, started off as a privateer capturing and distroying ship for governmential purposes. (IE: letters of marque).
Ubisoft has stated they wanted to tell how piracy was actually like in early 1700s
If I did that I would be as historically acurate as possible to back up that statement.
You and everyone else probably don't care but I believe creativity doesn't cover the loss of 100 years.
I'm just saying...
The Devs also wanted to show what life was like in the rennaissance ...............So are you still sure Davinci had anyone succesfully flying his glider over Camp fires around Italy at that point in history ??

As for 'pennyless Pirate' .:nonchalance:............Connor was a pennyless Indian - but managed to rebuild the entire homestead & the Aquila in a short time just by killing a few Bears for cash .
But you're suggesting a seasoned sailor / Privateer / Pirate / Assassin couldn't design /build his own Ship at that point in history.

So i'm still seeing no story breaking points beyond the realms of possibility within the AC universe .

Anykeyer
05-06-2013, 02:14 PM
The only inaccuracy here is calling Jackdaw a clipper. Clipper is narrow 3-mast ship

NiGHTMARExNiCk
05-07-2013, 02:48 AM
The Devs also wanted to show what life was like in the rennaissance ...............So are you still sure Davinci had anyone succesfully flying his glider over Camp fires around Italy at that point in history ??

As for 'pennyless Pirate' .:nonchalance:............Connor was a pennyless Indian - but managed to rebuild the entire homestead & the Aquila in a short time just by killing a few Bears for cash .
But you're suggesting a seasoned sailor / Privateer / Pirate / Assassin couldn't design /build his own Ship at that point in history.

So i'm still seeing no story breaking points beyond the realms of possibility within the AC universe .

The only reason Conner rose up is because he was given everything to start with. I'm sure if a native american walked up your front door you would give him your house and all your knowledge of the eorld and your life...

Assassin_M
05-07-2013, 04:22 AM
The only reason Conner rose up is because he was given everything to start with. I'm sure if a native american walked up your front door you would give him your house and all your knowledge of the eorld and your life...
What ??

TinyTemplar
05-07-2013, 10:28 PM

I believe it was sarcasm.

CountessSzilagy
05-10-2013, 05:38 AM
Well it's like how the Aquila in AC3 is able to go up to 60 knots when that kind of speed wasn't even reached until the 1900s. Sometimes games gotta break reality a little bit just to make in-game mechanics convenient.

Bashilir
05-12-2013, 10:32 PM
So, this actually matters because..? It's not like it's something everyone knows about. We only know because you posted something on the forums. Not a big deal anyway.