PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Copyright Strike (Please Help)

AtherGames
05-01-2013, 10:15 PM
So I posted a youtube video featuring gameplay and commentary of Far cry 3 Blood Dragon and YouTube's content ID automatically flagged it as a copyright violation.
Can an admin or someone who has found some information on this provide me a link or information so that I can prove to YouTube that this was a mistake.

Sandcracka
05-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Did you add any music to the video?

AtherGames
05-02-2013, 12:13 AM
No I didn't, YouTube just falsely flagged it as if Ubisoft requested it be taken down. I know Ubisoft didn't and this is just YouTubes automatic software falsely flagging the video. All I need is information I can use to prove that Ubisoft approves of videos like mine being posted. So I am looking for someone at Ubisoft to help me with information I can provide to YouTube so they remove my copyright strike.

azael669
05-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Hello, same situation here. Youtube finds in-game music that is copyrighted probably.

EDIT: Mine video also wasn't and isn't monetised.

Lordreserei
05-02-2013, 12:24 AM
No I didn't, YouTube just falsely flagged it as if Ubisoft requested it be taken down. I know Ubisoft didn't and this is just YouTubes automatic software falsely flagging the video. All I need is information I can use to prove that Ubisoft approves of videos like mine being posted. So I am looking for someone at Ubisoft to help me with information I can provide to YouTube so they remove my copyright strike.

I've been in a similar situation with Microsoft. You can make a counter-claim, and if successful (which it's really up to Ubisoft since they're notified) - you should have the video back as well as the strike removed. http://www.youtube.com/yt/copyright/counter-notification.html

AtherGames
05-02-2013, 12:30 AM
I turned off in-game music. When you get a copyright strike on youtube it shows you what point in the video Content Id identified the offending content, It was during a short cut-scene. I know Ubisoft did not initiate the copyright strike, but I would really appreciate someone at Ubisoft providing me with information I can use to prove to YouTube that Ubisoft allows videos like mine.

AtherGames
05-02-2013, 12:32 AM
I know, I'm just waiting for more information from Ubisoft so that my counter-claim will be succesfull

azael669
05-02-2013, 12:42 AM
I hope they will deliver the information to both of us. Good luck