PDA

View Full Version : Blood Dragon not downloading in Uplay

drethzod
05-01-2013, 08:03 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/767998-Blood-Dragon-not-downloading-in-Uplay?

Incorrectly closed. In the thread EvilPixieGrrr linked http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/767894-After-redeeming-AMD-never-settle-code-can-t-download-game, the AMD redemption code is either not working, or the game not showing up for download (either on the purchase result page or via uplay).

The problem posted in the linked thread is different, and happens to be my issue as well, is as follows. I HAVE the game in my games list in uplay. I click the download button, and uplay IMMEDIATELY reports "Download failed" and displays a "Try again" button. It's almost as if the download does not even try to start. Again, this is immediate. If I jam out on the "Try again" button, it just flickers to "Initializing download" for literally milliseconds before showing the button again. The download will not start.

No offense, but please make sure both threads are reviewed before closing out a legitimate issue. We still need help on this issue, and it's not going to be found in a thread about an inability to redeem AMD codes.

EvilPixieGrrr
05-01-2013, 08:20 PM
My mistake, I apologize.

Please contact Support (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/) about this, they can assist you with this issue. Thanks.

drethzod
05-01-2013, 08:36 PM
That has been done. My hope is that someone else has already handled this issue, and can perhaps give some insight as to what is going on. Web support requests tend to be very inconsistent when it comes to how long it takes to get a response (not Ubi, but anywhere). For example. If someone was already told 'server is overloaded' or something, that would put an end to my question, and I'll know there's not a damn thing to do until people calm down and I can get in for my download.

UbiHawk1ns
05-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Hey guys, to get around this, simply uninstall and reinstall the Uplay PC Client. This should resolve the problem. If not, get back to me on this thread and I will see what I can do to help. Sorry for the inconvenience.

drethzod
05-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Done and fixed. The game is now downloading. Thanks.

Do you have any info on why this happened? May help preventing it from happening again if it was something users did and could avoid.

UbiHawk1ns
05-01-2013, 09:11 PM
We do not. One of our support reps ran into the same problem. It is still under investigation. Thanks again and hope you enjoy the new content!

drethzod
05-01-2013, 09:12 PM
I spoke to soon. Progress has been made in that it shows it is downloading, and gives the little progress bar and such, but it actually is not. It is still going back to failed. Grabs maybe a few megs each time before failing.

http://i.imgur.com/AUdmr2R.jpg

drethzod
05-01-2013, 09:20 PM
After about 10-15 tries, it is now finally maintaining a connection and the download is making real progress. Thanks for the help.

UbiHawk1ns
05-01-2013, 09:22 PM
That is odd, to say the least. If the problem persists, let me know. Also make sure that you have the following ports open on your router for the client:

Uplay PC Client
TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 14000, 14008

drethzod
05-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Got up to 2,637 megs before it disconnected again, and it's back to dropping every few megs again.

I've gotta hit the bank, can't keep watching this thing for now. Will try again when I get home and see if the problem persists.

Noodlesocks
05-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Blood Dragon doesn't even show up in my uplay despite being registered with my account.

UbiHawk1ns
05-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Thank you for your help. Would you mind sending me a PM with your support Ticket Number? I will continue directly from there and post a resolution here once it is fixed.

drethzod
05-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Reference number is 00531818. Currently up to 2,770 megs with multiple additional restarts. It's not sustaining again. I also seem to get disconnected from uplay from time to time.

Wait, you said private message. Let me do that.

Renegade.TSF
05-02-2013, 12:23 AM
I had no problems what so ever - I used the Ubi-store and it was:

Select - pay - download - install - PLAY!

The game showed up on my Ubi-game site after 30-40 sec. - the only thing that took time was the download even on my 60/60Mb connect.- but besides that - notthing.

drethzod
05-02-2013, 12:40 AM
Then why are you posting in this thread, renegate?

Hawkins, I got the game downloaded and installed finally. Had to restart it some 30 times, but it finally went through.

Now I just get to suffer disappointment that I can no longer bind keys and such that were able to be bound in FC3 vanilla.

KjamesN
05-02-2013, 04:46 AM
I have the same problem as you guys. The first time it got to 86% and would go no further. I tried the ports and after I did that Uplay would just loose connection...

Any ideas?

RockstarKiller3
05-02-2013, 06:22 AM
I'm having the same problem. I go into Uplay, click games, click download on FC3 Blood Dragon, and it tries to download but then stops and says "download failed". click the try again button and it does the same thing. I've uninstalled and re-installed UplayPC client several times with nothing changing. What do I do?

RockstarKiller3
05-02-2013, 06:22 AM
Any luck with this yet?

drethzod
05-02-2013, 07:35 AM
I spent quite a while just retrying the download. Eventually, it finished. It was grabbing anywhere from three to thirty megs per try.

Yeah, not how things should be. It's not a solution.

ocha_equinsu
05-03-2013, 06:23 AM
I have the same problem, gets to about 85 percent and keeps dying.

BeMore
05-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Same here guys except I'm only at like 60%. Clicking retry over and over again just to squeeze 30 megs through at a time is BS. Where is that rep with a solution?

EvilPixieGrrr
05-03-2013, 06:37 PM
He's still investigating the issue and it takes some time. Support tickets take up to 48 hours, so that is probably a safe time frame to expect here as well.

Thank you. I'm very sorry about the Uplay problem.

wykstromius
05-04-2013, 01:01 AM
I'm having a somewhat different problem. I followed the instructions on the the AMD evolved email, purchased Blood Dragon and then opened Uplay to discover that it believes I ALREADY HAVE IT INSTALLED...which I do not. Every time I choose play (since there's only play/uninstall/safe mode available) it gives me a registry 0x0002 and fails. There's no far cry or blood dragons in my program list because I don't have it installed yet and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling uplay multiple times with the same result.

Edit:

Nevermind, the download option FINALLY showed up, it just keeps failing/timing out. This service is...horrible.

poguezilla1
05-04-2013, 01:25 AM
I'm having a somewhat different problem. I followed the instructions on the the AMD evolved email, purchased Blood Dragon and then opened Uplay to discover that it believes I ALREADY HAVE IT INSTALLED...which I do not. Every time I choose play (since there's only play/uninstall/safe mode available) it gives me a registry 0x0002 and fails. There's no far cry or blood dragons in my program list because I don't have it installed yet and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling uplay multiple times with the same result.

Edit:

Nevermind, the download option FINALLY showed up, it just keeps failing/timing out. This service is...horrible.

I was told that it is because I have COX as a ISP. That they block Port 80 which I know that they do in face block that port. This kinda sux.

drew1335
05-04-2013, 02:09 AM
I was told that it is because I have COX as a ISP. That they block Port 80 which I know that they do in face block that port. This kinda sux.

i have cox also....just great. i am stuck at 85% .

Xantac
05-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Have cox also as my isp, issues still after re-installing uplay.

shooterguy316
05-05-2013, 04:53 AM
Have cox also as my isp, issues still after re-installing uplay.

I have Cox too :/ well I guess we have pin pointed the problem:confused:

RockstarKiller3
05-05-2013, 07:04 AM
I have Cox as an ISP too. Why do they block port 80? And is there any way around this?

HorseSaysMoo
05-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Whoever told you that is a freaking moron. You wouldn't be on this website right now if that were the case. Port 80 is your HTTP port. The actual problem is that this service sucks.

Edit: I was just having this same issue, and it's not because of Cox, that's a stupid reason for them to give you. I'm stuck at 88%. Soon as I logged in to the forums, I tried to download again. Downloading at 2.8mb/s all of a sudden... Every 2% or so it fails again, and I have to hit download again, then it does another 2%... Horrible.

mattx900
05-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Whoever told you that is a freaking moron. You wouldn't be on this website right now if that were the case. Port 80 is your HTTP port. The actual problem is that this service sucks.

Edit: I was just having this same issue, and it's not because of Cox, that's a stupid reason for them to give you. I'm stuck at 88%. Soon as I logged in to the forums, I tried to download again. Downloading at 2.8mb/s all of a sudden... Every 2% or so it fails again, and I have to hit download again, then it does another 2%... Horrible.

A 2 second Google search could have kept you from looking like the huge moron.

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/orangecounty/support/internet/article.cox?articleId=cacf82f0-6407-11df-ccef-000000000000

Technically any port can be used for anything, we just came to (informal in the case of HTTP) agreements early on to make things easier.

Not sure if this is actually whats causing the issue but I am on COX as well and suffer from it.