PDA

View Full Version : UbiNik's Official Watch_Dogs Q&A Thread!

Pages : [1] 2

Nik_CtOS
05-01-2013, 04:16 PM
What's up Watch_Dogs fans!

I've been wanting to do this for quite a while now... ask you what you'd like to know about the game.
So here it it! My Official Q&A Thread!!!

I assume I don't have to go too much into details, you know what this is right? You've got questions, I've got answers... I know I don't have to remind you that I won't be able to answer all of your questions right away... you know that right? But this will greatly help me to organize all your questions and better plan for answers.

So ask away...

- Even if you've already asked it in another thread, it'll make things easier for me to have it here.
- Do try to keep your questions short and concise... please.
- For now, we'll limit the number of questions to 5 each. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

So that's it... Thanks, and I'm really looking forward to reading them.

Cheers!

Nik

AidenPixxel
05-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Will we be able to drive helicopters in the game?

Acey5
05-01-2013, 08:20 PM
How will Mutilplayer works in this game? Right now I can only think about Conquest/Domination. Any info about multiplayer or CO-OP?

nitres15
05-01-2013, 08:53 PM
how does melee combat work ?

amongthecreed
05-02-2013, 01:48 AM
Will hacking be something that you need to do on your own (sort of as a side mission or add on type thing), or will it be automated, with all functions available from the start (or perhaps availability will come with game progression)?

Soulid_Snake
05-02-2013, 02:19 AM
Who is composing the game?

marcoolio_lv
05-02-2013, 05:27 AM
Who's making the PC version?

BlastThyName
05-02-2013, 09:26 AM
1) What is the setup powering the E3 2012 demo ?
A single GTX680 ?

2) What will the recommended system requirements be ? At this point I suppose there's no answer.

3) Will the game support DX11 ? I hope they focus on the DX11 API exclusively.

4) Who is that woman ?
http://i.imgur.com/5yh0yfG.png

5) Will the game be available on Steam ?

Who's making the PC version?
PC is the lead SKU so I would assume Ubi Montreal.

Nik_CtOS
05-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Who is composing the game?

The music you mean?

dex3108
05-02-2013, 03:05 PM
How large map is?

Are there any gameplay elements that you didn't reveal? And will there be gameplay elements that you wont reveal until release date?

amongthecreed
05-02-2013, 03:07 PM
The music you mean?

I'd actually like to know who's composing music (regardless of whether or not Soulid_Snake was also asking about music.

pacmanate
05-02-2013, 05:15 PM
1. How large is the map?
2. How long is the main campaign?
3. How many hours of side missions?
4. What are the noticeable differences between PS3 and PS4 versions?
5. Is the game Awesome, Mega Awesome, or Super ****ing Awesome in the Face?

VaasCARV3R
05-02-2013, 09:16 PM
1. Does the engine/game supports DirectX9?

BlastThyName
05-02-2013, 10:16 PM
This kind of initiative is really great.

When are the answers going to be posted ?

Soulid_Snake
05-03-2013, 12:05 AM
The music you mean?

Yep, sorry Nik, I meant to write "Score", lol!

Hiccups1980
05-03-2013, 02:59 AM
1. Is Watch Dogs REALLY open world? I mean like GTA4? Or is it partial open world. Means that if I go to a certain spot a script triggers and a mission will start? Can I go anywhere I want?
2. Will there be (annoying) quicktime events ingame (press this specific button now or you are dead)?
3. Is hacking based on skill or based on time? Means... I must solve a puzzle to hack or I must stay close to my target to hack him?

Thanks NIK for this awesome thread! http://ist2-1.filesor.com/pimpandhost.com/8/4/4/3/84431/1/o/g/Y/1ogYk/thumb1.gif

roostersrule2
05-03-2013, 09:58 AM
1. How long is the story?
2. How large is the map?
3. What and if anything how detailed is customization?
4. Are things like property buying and little distractions present in Watch Dogs?

jaracaca
05-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Will there Cockpit view ???

iceygricey87
05-04-2013, 01:32 AM
1. Does the game require internet 24/7 to run? (I think the term is REM or something)
2. What are the requirements, for PC, to run the game?
3. How many hours of content for both side and main missions?
4. Will there be chicken, in game, for you to eat? (Just to throw an oddball question out there) ;)
5. For which system, are you going to purchase the game on?

Thanks for keeping us posted! :cool:

AdamPearce
05-04-2013, 05:11 AM
One question: Is there a magic pocket just like GTA's game where we can store an Assault rifle, 10 grandes, a RPG and 4 snipers OR are we gonna only have the 9mm & sometimes assault guns that we can take on the ground?

Actually if it's the first option that would be really really really bad because it would'nt fit AT ALL with the game and also it would much more realistic and immersive to only have a few simple weapon instead of a whole army.

Thaks for response! ^^

pablo2977
05-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Can we fly helicopters can it be played offline as i heard single and muitiplayer are going to be one

Thanks

Hiccups1980
05-04-2013, 09:12 PM
1. Does the game require internet 24/7 to run? (I think the term is REM or something)

You mean "DRM" (Digital Rights Managment). ;)

Menphuess
05-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Will this game be on Steam? If so a preorder or day of release game?

Also what are the specs, or around about going to be?

Is there co-op so you can do the game/ campaign with friends?

What is multiplayer? Team Deathmatch, work together? Deathmatch? Capture the flag? Freeroam?

Not a single question has been answered...

pacmanate
05-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Not a single question has been answered...

He's probably busy doing Watch_Dog stuff! Either that or...

1. He hates us all.
2. He forgot :P
3. He's waiting for more questions
4. He retired.

FR0ZENZiNE
05-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Are you able to change the clothes?
Who is the composer of the soundtrack?
Which type of vehicles can you use?
Are there any nex gen exclusive features?

ecma4
05-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Hi Nik, thanks for doing this! Watch Dogs is looking like an excellent game. Here are my questions:

1. Recent there was a video showcasing how the PS4 version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XYbCvcpiExI) is "more advanced" than the other platforms. Where does the PC version fit in, closer to PS3 or PS4? I expect the PC version should be on par with the PS4 version, but the video implies other wise.

2. Does this games multiplayer use P2P or dedicated servers? If it uses P2P, what steps are being take to avoid the connection issues that have been prevalent in past games that use it, eg: Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Far Cry 3.

3. Which studio inside of Ubisoft is responsible for the PC version of the game?

4. Does this game require a persistent internet connection to play?

Thanks! :)

Biomedical-Fire
05-08-2013, 03:30 AM
After the next Xbox is revealed on May 21st, will there be any news on CE's for Watch Dogs in North America?

out.of.control
05-09-2013, 03:34 PM
● Will there be digital version available for PS4™ (PlayStationŪStore)?
● Will there be some kind of connectivity (Aiden's phone) with our real mobile phones (iPhone)?

ecma4
05-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Hi Nik, not trying to pressure you or be rude (I really appreciate these kinds of threads :)) but is there a time frame where these questions may be answered? Will they be answered here or as part of some other content produced?

Benwolf1
05-09-2013, 09:21 PM
On E3 2013 will show game Watch Dogs?
Special forces, war would be if Aiden will too far?
We will show the family Pierce?
The overall plot is the main company?

Mr_Shade
05-10-2013, 12:25 PM
I expect the questions will be answered, in due time, you have to allow him time to collate the answers - and get a bunch of ones which he can answer together ;)

Nik will have to get clearance for some of them as well - since some are not common knowledge types -he will not have forgotten you guys ;)

dex3108
05-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Some answers may come very, very soon :D Maybe even today.

Seishoujyo
05-10-2013, 01:49 PM
My questions are:

1 How big is the city ? Is it pretty big or medium for a GTA like ?

2 Can we change Aiden's clothes or he just has his hat and raincoat ?

If we can change it please can you put some Reese's costume for the fans of Person of Interest ?

Nik_CtOS
05-10-2013, 03:02 PM
I expect the questions will be answered, in due time, you have to allow him time to collate the answers - and get a bunch of ones which he can answer together ;)

Nik will have to get clearance for some of them as well - since some are not common knowledge types -he will not have forgotten you guys ;)

Like Shade said... I'm collecting them as they come. Some answers to come soon. I haven't forgotten about you guys.

ecma4
05-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Like Shade said... I'm collecting them as they come. Some answers to come soon. I haven't forgotten about you guys.

Thanks for the update, I very much appreciate it! Its nice to know :)

dxsxhxcx
05-10-2013, 05:16 PM
01. Will the game have a New Game+ mode where we'll be able to play again with all our abilities from a previous playthrough?

02. Will we be able to change the difficulty level of the game (easy, normal, hard)?

03. Will "Hacking" have different levels of difficulty or once a "skill" is learned everything will be hackable by the press of one button (like it seems to be according to the trailers released until now)?

04. Will the player (as Aiden) be able to use other devices such as a (desktop) computer to make different and maybe more complex actions or everything will revolve around the Profiler?

05. What level of character customization is available for the player (change clothes, etc)?

Deathgrim666
05-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Will ps3 be able to play with ps4 people?

Menphuess
05-11-2013, 08:14 PM
I hope my answers get answered :)

Biomedical-Fire
05-12-2013, 02:35 AM
I am asking another question so I'm adding my first question along with it.

1. After the next Xbox is revealed on May 21st, will there be any news on CE's for Watch Dogs in North America?
2. Will the multiplayer be cross-platform?

D4nZ0k
05-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi I don't know if it's been asked already, but I was wondering what will be the differences between current gen and next gen version of the game ?
Will this be only a matter of graphic settings, amount of NPCs / cars you can see on screen, or will current gen miss some elements, gameplay element ?

Cause we can't all buy a PS4 ...

pacmanate
05-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Hi I don't know if it's been asked already, but I was wondering what will be the differences between current gen and next gen version of the game ?
Will this be only a matter of graphic settings, amount of NPCs / cars you can see on screen, or will current gen miss some elements, gameplay element ?

Graphics will be different, wind affecting rain will be absent from PS3, amount of NPCS will be decreased, amount of NPC bios will be decreased and more repetitive on PS3, Draw distance will not be as far, stuff like floating leaves may be absent.

And the rest of my answer is dependent on what you mean by "gameplay elements". The story will be the same, so will mission design and layout. Its the same world, just with added detail missing.

RickyMcMahon
05-13-2013, 02:46 AM
I hope it's not too late to post questions, as I have a few;

1.) Will there be any robots to Hack? For instance, surveillance/bomber drones, Counter IED robots, maybe even something a bit more lethal at an up close and personal level?

2.) (only applicable if question one is a yes) can we craft robots? Maybe something small like a roomba with a camera?

3.) Smart homes?

4.) Could we hack/disable things like pacemakers?

marcoolio_lv
05-13-2013, 07:29 AM
PC is the lead SKU so I would assume Ubi Montreal.

I still want to hear them say that Ubisoft Kiev is nowhere near the project!

BlastThyName
05-13-2013, 10:47 AM
I still want to hear them say that Ubisoft Kiev is nowhere near the project!

You and me both. But this would be weird for them to be involved on the lead SKU.

The official word is Ubi Montréal is handling the PC version and that's very good news. We can hope for a well optimized game this time around.

I assume the PC version will sport every "next-gen" features of the next Xbox/PS4 versions, basically all next-gen SKU should be on par and I'm fine with that.

Damn if only I could know what was the rig powering the recent presentations...

mechanicmoose
05-13-2013, 02:46 PM
1. Will u be able to save cars in garage?
2. Can we sit in this game, like in L.A. Noire (on chairs, sofas, bench etc)?
3. Is there any animals?

caamary
05-14-2013, 07:42 PM
1 - How Watch Dogs plans on tackling A.I behavior? Are there any kind of innovations?

Most games I ever played that give you any option to choose a "stealth" route on missions donīt make it any more interesting to go down this path instead of shooting anyone on sight because of the lack of challenge, with extremely unrealistic A.I behavior, e.g Enemy A.I not being remotely aware of your actions unless youīre right in front of them or 2 feet away; silly repetitive patterns of movement by the guards where all the player needs to do is watch for a few seconds and hop from one cover to the next; or they entering a state of "suspiscious" after you throw a grenade on a place, and a few seconds later theyīre back to their "normal" state as if nothing happened.

2 - Is the weather fully dynamic or scripted?

GuZZ33
05-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Can Aiden Pearce be arrested by the police in game or does he always meet his demise?.

Firefly00
05-14-2013, 08:58 PM
We already know that stealth is a perfectly viable (and often encouraged) playstyle... which leads me to wonder: when it comes to stealth takedowns, will we taking a page from Dishonored (or the upcoming SC: Blacklist) and have the option of going non-lethal?

Related: given everything else available for sale at that gun store (I could have sworn I saw a Vector SMG and a rifle looking like one of Barrett's spawn), will we be able to get a tranq pistol (see: one of the bolt types available for the mini-crossbow back in the original Deus Ex)?

After all, a big part of the game, as I understand, is the world and its inhabitants reacting to Aiden's actions - for example, a tendency to leave collateral casualties would result in police responses not only being more aggressive, but escalating more quickly to higher levels.

Moultonborough
05-16-2013, 11:59 AM
1) How will the economy work?
2) What feature(if any) will the touchpad be used for?
3) what is the phone used for?
4) Is there a large amount of variety with the side missions?
5) How many different types of cars/bikes are in the game?

Nik_CtOS
05-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Will hacking be something that you need to do on your own (sort of as a side mission or add on type thing), or will it be automated, with all functions available from the start (or perhaps availability will come with game progression)?

So hacking... As you probably saw recently, all hacking functions won't be available right from the start. You'll have to earn the "rights" to hack by completing a variety of missions around Chicago. As for automatic hacking, we are making hacking fast and readily available... not while sitting behind a screen for hours. But there will also be variety. Hope that answers your question.

Nik_CtOS
05-16-2013, 10:21 PM

I think this video here pretty much answers your question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XYbCvcpiExI

Biomedical-Fire
05-17-2013, 01:02 PM
I think this video here pretty much answers your question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XYbCvcpiExI I'm going to assume that this is what we can expect with the next Xbox version of Watch Dogs?

pacmanate
05-17-2013, 01:06 PM
When are these questions going to be answered? :)

Nik_CtOS
05-17-2013, 02:06 PM
When are these questions going to be answered? :)

I'm trying to answer the ones I can... Some of those are pretty specific, others I can't answer yet because well, the answer wouldn't be fully accurate yet...
What I'm trying to say is... all in good time.

Biomedical-Fire
05-19-2013, 05:44 AM
I'm trying to answer the ones I can... Some of those are pretty specific, others I can't answer yet because well, the answer wouldn't be fully accurate yet...
What I'm trying to say is... all in good time.
I think if you spill the beans before they want you to, you might find yourself in the unemployment line with Patrice and Jean-Francois.

Cursed-rock
05-19-2013, 06:32 AM
good day!
1. System requirements for the PC.
2. Which countries will be the localization (which languages ​​will support the game, more interested in Russia, subtitles or full translation)
3. Which publications will be sold through stores video games.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

ccagatay2013
05-19-2013, 10:51 AM
I think I will have a superb gaming experience, firstly congratulations watch dogs
I tried, but I could not find your e-mail here I am writing to you ulşamaya
people no longer want and enjoy myself with watch dogs can kill
now people are not just a few thousand pixels
game people live longer lives
of advice you will
Let the children and families of people's identification cards one-emotional bond with the characters just kill them by making them ineffective bring full tersiine
2 - cats, dogs and stray animals in the game you get your ... (there is no gta) gta game animals, no one, not even 10 years on the street
3-a life that all of us that the characters in the game feel more pixels does not occur
4 - Let's go to jail in the game when we process a crime (there is no GTA) *** escaping from prison by giving money or get rid of the object of this game is much more exciting, and we have done a few that we do not shoot with a few mouse clicks, a result that allows us to see what we were doing really

I trust you and us in front of the computer at the end of 5-someone will offer the opportunity to experience real-life feel to it

Okenba
05-21-2013, 03:29 AM
Question:
So. The nodes for CtoS are in a high security area. Obviously they understand that this is something important and should not fall into anyone's hands.
Yet when Aiden goes in guns blazing, noone thinks to do anything about it?
Why isn't the system in that area shut down? Or debugged? Or moved to a backup?
It would be more believable if Aiden was required to ghost these levels, but I guess that would put the action gamers off...

Other Questions:
So we already know that as with other open world games, there are multiple 'routes' that the player can take.
Basically, stealth or guns. (Like every other game of this ilk...)

What other options are there?
Eg. Can you hack turrets? (I hope not. I hope Chicago doesn't have turrets just standing around...)
Can you use security cameras to focus in on a criminal activity and send the feed to law enforcement so as to initiate a response?
Can you... put false information of your target on the police intranet, thus causing him to be arrested?
Can you discover new information about a crime and use that to reopen a trial that had falsely acquitted a murderer?
Can you rob an evil organisation of its assets (EA maybe...) by transferring funds from its account?
Or move funds to support the organisation of your choice?

Can you borrow books from the public library under someone else's name??? *shudder*

I also liked the part where they actually run a newsflash of you when you were buying guns.
How prominent will that feedback mechanism be?
If you do one of the above (eg. find new info to reopen an old case), will you catch news reports of that while you're walking around town?

How far reaching can events get?
When you raise traffic barriers to prevent police cars from chasing you, will you see news reports of "Police sues town council for faulty barriers" in days to come?

Hiccups1980
05-21-2013, 04:50 PM
- For now, we'll limit the number of questions to 5 each. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
@ Okenba
You are allowed to ask FIVE (5) questions! Not more!
I count 12 questions. You are breaking the rules. That is no fair game!

r3pek
05-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Ok, the game looks cool, and I just won't pre-buy it because I'm not sure if it will work on my gaming box running *linux*.

Anyway, my question is more if the online multiplayer it's like a MMORPG or am i missing something here?
Hope the city is big if this is an MMORPG :P

ecma4
05-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Ok, the game looks cool, and I just won't pre-buy it because I'm not sure if it will work on my gaming box running *linux*.

Ubisoft never supports Linux sadly. I really wish they would too. (Unless you are talking about Wine?) I'd love to see this game on Steam for Linux, that would almost guarantee a purchase from me. May as well make it a Q&A question:

Will this game be released for Linux using Steam?

salman137
05-21-2013, 06:04 PM
I've seen a footage of melee combat.It's okay.He chokes a guy on the throat with his Baton and slowly puts him down.

Okenba
05-22-2013, 06:27 AM
@ Okenba
You are allowed to ask FIVE (5) questions! Not more!
I count 12 questions. You are breaking the rules. That is no fair game!

Only 12? hehehe...

I'm just giving them more options. They can choose 5.
Each question is 20 marks. Total score out of 100. If you answer more than 5, the lowest 5 marks will be chosen for your final grade.
=p

JBanton
05-22-2013, 05:04 PM
I have one question;

Will there be any personalisation in Watch Dogs? As in clothing/ weapon or vehicle customisation.

Mr_Shade
05-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Only 12? hehehe...

I'm just giving them more options. They can choose 5.
Each question is 20 marks. Total score out of 100. If you answer more than 5, the lowest 5 marks will be chosen for your final grade.
=p
Sorry to say it does not work that way.. ;)

It's unfair on the others - please edit your post and choose 5 that you want answering - otherwise they maybe picked at random.

IAMSideswipe84
05-23-2013, 03:52 PM
Is this true:
http://www.geek.com/games/ubisoft-allows-watch-dogs-single-player-missions-to-be-pre-order-exclusives-1555880/
I live in South Africa and thus don't use Amazon and Gamestop. Won't it be daylight robbery if I pay the same as gamers in the USA and receive less.

MattChicago31
05-23-2013, 08:50 PM
My Questions for Developers

1. How many real chicago landmarks did you add into the environment?
2. Did you add michigan ave and water tower and the new trump tower?
3. Did you add navy pier and the condos around it.
4. Did you add wrigley field and us cellular stadium and also soldier field?
5. In the game is all vehicles hackable or drivable? how big is the map?

Last question
did you all add the whole L Train system where it has the Red Line, Brown Line, Purple Line, Blue Line, Green Line, Pink Line. where also you have Metra Trains and also CTA Bus System. Also take into account Pace bus system if you are going outside the city limits

Red Line : Goes from Howard ST (North) to downtown Chicago
Brown Line : Goes way north to downtown. (mostly i take this to wilson st for Truman College
Blue Line : Goes from Ohare Airport to downtown (Metra Station)
Green Line : Goes to Midway Airport into the loop
Pink Line (Cant remember)

I really cannot wait to see how realistic and authentic it looks compared to chicago dynamics since i live here. First preview (trailer) i seen of this game i about drooled since not many games take place in chicago or use a chicago type of environment mostly they are NY, LA and other places that is great you all took the time to respect chicago environment, granted a lot of movies are filmed here and made here............

Deathgrim666
05-25-2013, 01:06 PM
1. Cross platform play with current gen to next gen?
2. Differences from next gen console to pc?
3. Does pc have matchmaking or server browser?

PRAYINGMANTIS_12
05-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Hi. I have seen a number of beta keys been thrown around on YouTube etc. Are these legit? I have also seen one that looks like it has come from the ubi site, again is this legit? Any response would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Deathgrim666
05-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Hi. I have seen a number of beta keys been thrown around on YouTube etc. Are these legit? I have also seen one that looks like it has come from the ubi site, again is this legit? Any response would be much appreciated. Thank you.

There is no beta yet so all keys are fake.

PRAYINGMANTIS_12
05-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated. Shame because I just want to get my hands on this amazing game.

martitta91
05-27-2013, 04:50 PM
so here are my questions :D please answer if you can
1. are there going to be collectibles?
2. animals like dogs, cats, birds or horses? ( maybe police on horses)?
3.can we be arrested and the story goes? , can we take human shield or take hostages, bank robbery?
4. and this one is very important: do the police while chasing us drive on pavement or on people just to catch us?
4th question is very important because in many games this **** happens, cops don't care about pedestrians and without thinking they kill them.

salman147
06-02-2013, 11:06 AM
1)The devs said nothing about the campaign missions,only the side missions.Will the campaign be good enough?
2)Is the driving mechanics okay?It seems degraded.

salman147
06-02-2013, 11:09 AM
No robot crafting.It's about hacking.I think u can disable pacemakers.Cos' it's all about hacking.

JBanton
06-02-2013, 03:18 PM
I've only asked one question so far, so I'll ask a second.

In the same video, how did this license plate;

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130528174926/watch-dogs/images/thumb/9/91/Micra_%26_MP4-12C-WD.jpeg/640px-Micra_%26_MP4-12C-WD.jpeg

Become this;

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130528152945/watch-dogs/images/thumb/7/7a/Papavero.jpg/640px-Papavero.jpg

And then this;

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/watch-dogs/images/thumb/3/35/Car_Park.jpg/640px-Car_Park.jpg

change of car or modification?

AC2_alex
06-04-2013, 08:08 AM
These are the biggest questions in my mind.

1) Will the story be good and will we care about these characters?

2) How much of a downgrade will gamers have to endure if they can only afford to play Watch Dogs on current gen consoles?

ecma4
06-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Its a shame Nik is unable to answer any of our questions at this time, hopefully after E3 he can respond to this thread in greater detail.

VaasCARV3R
06-07-2013, 09:37 PM

Have you ever watched Taxi 4? *jokes*

Timekeeper402
06-12-2013, 05:04 AM
2. What are the requirements, for PC, to run the game?
3. How many hours of content for both side and main missions?
4. Will there be chicken, in game, for you to eat? (Just to throw an oddball question out there) ;)
5. For which system, are you going to purchase the game on?

Thanks for keeping us posted! :cool:

I had the same question about the internet connection that you did so looked around and found a joystiq article that said:

The multiplayer component of Watch Dogs will have an element of player invasion, though its overall extent and direction has yet to be described by Ubisoft. Dominic Guay, Senior Producer at Ubisoft Montreal, insisted that the game can be played "completely offline if you want." (Expect to hear that protection phrase often in the wake of SimCity.)

Here is a link to the article -> http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/10/watch-dogs-multiplayer-mode-will-have-element-of-invasion/

Hope this helps:D

Wrecks_Fowler01
06-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Will the app be available on IOS and Android?

Servatrix
06-13-2013, 01:09 AM
5) Will the game be available on Steam ?

I am also HIGHLY interested to learn if this game will be available (for pre-order mind you) on Steam.

CombatWars
06-13-2013, 05:37 AM
1. Will this awesome game be sold on Steam? If yes, when will it be available?
2. Will this game be available as a pre-order on Steam? If yes, what pre-order bonuses will there be if any?

I'm pretty sure these questions have been asked but I need confirmation that it'll come to Steam lest I blow my money on the Oculus Rift...=.= lolz.

aidangeek
06-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Does Aiden put his mask on automatically when he goes into a dangerous situation or will there be a button?

aidangeek
06-13-2013, 11:38 AM

Some hacking functions are available at the start and you will unlock more hacking functions as you progress through the story

PhraK3
06-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Will I be able to play with friends, run through a world together and doing crazy stuff?

Stealthssassin
06-15-2013, 06:37 AM
When will Questions in this thread be answered?

RazorBlade185
06-15-2013, 02:19 PM
1) Since you can spy in peoples homes, do they take a shower from time to time and do they have sex?
2) How is the hacking of peoples bank accounts limited (if at all). I mean you can buy guns and other stuf. If it is so easy to steel money, then what is the challange?
3) Can you just explore the city by going everywhere or are some areas inaccesble untile later in the game? I mean the streets and not just some rooms?
4) Do you have your own house, your own car, etc?

VaasCARV3R
06-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Phrak3, read this (http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-multiplayer-e3-2013-preview/) if you haven't done that already to answer the question yourself.

Stealthssassin, yeah, be sure they will.

PhraK3
06-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Phrak3, read this (http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-multiplayer-e3-2013-preview/) if you haven't done that already to answer the question yourself.

Yeah I read it, but there is no answer to my question - Will I be able to play with friends, or just with random people?

VaasCARV3R
06-15-2013, 03:19 PM
There is, read it carefully.

You will be able to play with your friends, but not the campaign because Multiplayer is disabled while you're on missions.

Him696
06-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Dunno if the topic is still active and questions are being answered but here I go...

I had the chance to talk with a few people that got to play this game, they generally like the game except for one important aspect and that's the driving. They said the driving was too arcade-ish like lets say Saints Row The Third or Sleeping Dogs. I have a feeling that this approach to the driving part will be a pretty big letdown for the game. If you, Nik, have the means to contact the devs maybe you can bother them with my two cents, two valuable cents if you ask me.

EDDS
06-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Will there be a Windows 8/RT and Windows Phone 8 app seeing as your not using smartglass?

MoonEyes2k
06-17-2013, 09:33 PM
I was 'nudged' to ask this HERE, and so here I go. :)

In the Ubiblog post '61 highlights from 30 minutes of gameplay', Gary Steinman notes that when Aiden stops a murder,
and then later chases down and kills the thug, his reputation gains '+35'.

My question then becomes, is that a flat increase, or is there a positive/negative aspect?
That is to say, will the +35 'merely'(not so merely, but...) make Aiden more notorious, and recognizable for civilians/cops/whatever,
or does it make him more well liked for having prevented a murder, and then dealt swift 'street justice'(people tend to LOVE a vigilante
as long as they're not the target)? With a commiserate negative aspect for, for instance, running down civilians or similar DROPPING
his reputation?

Stayler1990
06-18-2013, 05:19 PM
When will you guys release the system requirements for Watch Dogs. I want to upgrade my PC so i can enjoy Watch Dogs in all it's glory but for that i need to know the requirements 2 mouths before the game comes out. Tx for all the work you guys are doing to make Watch Dogs a truly extraordinary game.

ecma4
06-18-2013, 06:08 PM
We'll now that E3 is over, (congrats by the way, everything looked awesome! :)) any chance we can get some answers to the many questions in this thread?

Menphuess
06-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Bloody want to hear news on whether it is going to Steam and what are the specs.

Only things I care about!

Want to preorder it but want my copy on Steam.

MrBurkss
06-21-2013, 02:49 AM
For people who haven't heard, but I am sure you have, there is a Watch_Dogs LIVE app that was released to Canada and it's provinces only.

Do you plan on making this app available to America? If so, anytime soon? Maybe without the competitions, but just for fun and notoriety to enhance?

roostersrule2
06-21-2013, 03:50 AM
Any news as to when we will get some answers?

pacmanate
06-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Is there going to be an app for android that lets us see whats on Aidens phone?
If no to the above, with the PS4 touchpad be used for phone functions instead?

morpheusPrime08
06-22-2013, 08:48 PM
What do you expect from an "open-world game", simulation driving! As long as it's not as bad as GTAIV and I don't flip my car every time I hit a corner going above 80mph i'll be fine! It seems to me they are aiming towards the more arcade style of driving because there is so much going on at once, with all the hacking and what not. The simplicity of the driving will help all the other gameplay mechanics.

salman147
06-23-2013, 11:30 AM
There are some answers even developers aren't supposed to answer.That's why probably he isn't answering.But he did ask us to keep patient.So I'll just post my questions:
1)How long will the story mission be?
2)How will vehicle physics be handled?
3)Is car customization available?
4)How much focus is there into the story?
5)How deep are the characters?I know Aiden won't die.Cos' there's a sequel in Devs mind if the fans like this game very much and like to continue with more.
6)Can Aiden swim?

salman147
06-23-2013, 11:33 AM
I've only asked one question so far, so I'll ask a second.

In the same video, how did this license plate;

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130528174926/watch-dogs/images/thumb/9/91/Micra_%26_MP4-12C-WD.jpeg/640px-Micra_%26_MP4-12C-WD.jpeg

Become this;

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130528152945/watch-dogs/images/thumb/7/7a/Papavero.jpg/640px-Papavero.jpg

And then this;

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/watch-dogs/images/thumb/3/35/Car_Park.jpg/640px-Car_Park.jpg

change of car or modification?

Don't u get it?We can change license plates.Like the Transporter film.
Cool huh?
Watch carefully and you'll notice more stuffs....

Dome500
06-23-2013, 02:48 PM
I have a rather simple question for you Nik.
Will the PC version of Watch Dogs have the technical capabilities of the current gen (PS3/Xbox360) or the next gen (PS4/XboxOne).
That is a thing I really wonder, because actually, the PC has the technical possibilities to handle the next gen level.
Or will there be a big patch later on tweaking the PC version possibilities more in the direction of next gen?

BlastThyName
06-23-2013, 03:23 PM
I have a rather simple question for you Nik.
Will the PC version of Watch Dogs have the technical capabilities of the current gen (PS3/Xbox360) or the next gen (PS4/XboxOne).
That is a thing I really wonder, because actually, the PC has the technical possibilities to handle the next gen level.
Or will there be a big patch later on tweaking the PC version possibilities more in the direction of next gen?

PC is the lead SKU so yeah, and it will scale down to the current-gen as well so that low/medium end PCs will be able to play the game.
http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/27/watch-dogs-pc-is-lead-platform/

It will be at least on par with the PS4/XB1 versions. But it will surely require a very good rig if you want max settings at 1080p.

salman147
06-23-2013, 04:07 PM
The PC version will have the same features as the PS4 version.Every PS4 video of watch dogs you saw was actually a PC build that resembled the PS4 build 100%

BlastThyName
06-23-2013, 04:58 PM
The PC version will have the same features as the PS4 version.Every PS4 video of watch dogs you saw was actually a PC build that resembled the PS4 build 100%
Exactly, apart from the PS4 E3 2013 footage (which was a devkit), every Watch Dogs videos were from the PC version. Even at the PS4 reveal.
http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/21/watch-dogs-confirmed-for-ps4/

Dome500
06-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Great news.

I mean I can decide which graphic settings I want once I got the game. I guess it will not be maximum settings but it will be close to it for me ;)

Thanks for the answer guys :)

Dome500
06-24-2013, 03:35 PM
I got another question.

Let's assume Aiden has to deal with normal security guards guarding and restricted area.

If Aiden, or rather you as player step into this are, will they send you out and warn you not to come in a second time, or will they start shooting at you right away.
Because if not that would be a suggenstion I think.

Provided Aiden hasn't done anything wrong, hasn't hurt anyone, will they immediately start to fire at him or will they say "Hey sir, leave the area immediately!" and if you refuse threaten you with their gun, giving you the option to surrender or refuse, and then they shoot at you.

Because that is a big point for me in terms of believability of the city. Security Guards or Cops don'T just shoot at you because you enter an area you shouldn't, they only shoot at you when you are getting violent (hurting/killing people) or if you refuse to leave the are after they warned you.

I hope you can answer this one.

Since Aiden moves withing a living, breathing city and is not a all bad guy, but something in between, a vigilante.
So this would be very important for me. NO shooting right away, but based on the situation either just warning verbally or threatening Aiden with their guns.

I thin I have seen something like this in a gameplay video lately, but I don't know how exactly the system works so I thought I am going to ask.

Dome500
06-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Something that also came to my mind (sorry for the multiple posts):

Multiplayer Sounds cool.
But what really interests me is:

1. Will we hack into a random players game if we don'T want to hack into the game of a friend?
2 How will that work? Will we be able to "log" into the game of someone else, will we then jump into his area or can we come up on the other side of the city, how does that work?
3. If the player hacks into my game and starts disturbing something, like for example causing a crash or shooting someone, will I be able to see that / recognize it. Will the chaos he is making be in my game actually or how does that work?

BlastThyName
06-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Great news.

I mean I can decide which graphic settings I want once I got the game. I guess it will not be maximum settings but it will be close to it for me ;)

Thanks for the answer guys :)

You're welcome ! ;)

You won't need a monster PC at all if you can settle down with medium/high settings instead of ultra.

Deathgrim666
06-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Something that also came to my mind (sorry for the multiple posts):

Multiplayer Sounds cool.
But what really interests me is:

1. Will we hack into a random players game if we don'T want to hack into the game of a friend?
2 How will that work? Will we be able to "log" into the game of someone else, will we then jump into his area or can we come up on the other side of the city, how does that work?
3. If the player hacks into my game and starts disturbing something, like for example causing a crash or shooting someone, will I be able to see that / recognize it. Will the chaos he is making be in my game actually or how does that work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAxMn_jpAYI

Johny-Al-Knox
06-25-2013, 04:39 AM
You're welcome ! ;)

You won't need a monster PC at all if you can settle down with medium/high settings instead of ultra.

Hmmmm we'll see how good the pc versions will be. As they are the main platform. I mean how could they **** it up?

BlastThyName
06-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Hmmmm we'll see how good the pc versions will be. As they are the main platform. I mean how could they **** it up?

For all we know the main platform could have switched to PS4/XB1. Battlefield 3 had PC as the lead platform for some time then they switched to consoles.
Nothing is set in stone at this point, but I'm confident Watch Dogs will be stellar on PC, as long as you have the requisit hardware to make the most out of it.

jamaicandj
06-28-2013, 06:02 AM
im thinking of preordering watch dogs desec edition from Zavvi but wanted a few questions from people who have used them. buying this from Europe no region restrictions right? and is Zavvi good to use. pretty sure no special edition gonna come for NA oh is there any type of confirmed coop game modes or anything? i seen the multiplayer with the hacking and what not pretty awesome

AgentZedd
06-29-2013, 12:42 PM
I think that we WILL be able to fly helicopters in the game, because one trailer, you can see that Aiden is driving a boat... so if you can drive a boat, I guess you can fly a helicopter, too... ;)

AgentZedd
06-29-2013, 12:57 PM
1.-2. What if police catches you? Are you going to the jail or you will "respawn" on the last checkpoint?
3.-4. What is release date for Europe? And what will be the first price of Watch_Dogs in Europe?
5. What if some player tries to hack in you and he succeeds?

VaasCARV3R
06-30-2013, 10:24 AM
^ November 22, 2013. That's the release date for Europe.

marcoolio_lv
07-01-2013, 12:02 PM
The question I asked a while back really isn't that hard to answer and it shouldn't be a secret. This secrecy only frightens me and leads me to believe that Ubi Kiev is going to be responsible for the PC version! Why else would they keep it a secret?

AgentZedd
07-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Will we be able to kill innocent people, like in GTA? ...and then police tries to catch Aiden but we escape... Will we be able to do all that stuff?

x___Luffy___x
07-02-2013, 01:10 PM
I think that we WILL be able to fly helicopters in the game, because one trailer, you can see that Aiden is driving a boat... so if you can drive a boat, I guess you can fly a helicopter, too... ;)

check the UBIBLOG the say in an interview there that we will not be able to fly planes.

a paragraph from the blog :

Chicago is also one of the most vertical cities in America, which plays a prominent role in the gameplay. “You can’t fly planes or anything like that,” Guay smiles. “That’s not really relevant to what we’re trying to do with Watch Dogs.” That said, the team was definitely inspired by Assassin’s Creed when it came to vertical gameplay. “If the player sees that he can climb somewhere, we want him to be able to do that,” Guay says. “He can go pretty high if he wants. As long as the player can figure out how to go higher, the technology can support that.”

Dome500
07-02-2013, 01:32 PM
1.-2. What if police catches you? Are you going to the jail or you will "respawn" on the last checkpoint?

A follow-up to this one:

Will we be able to "escape from prison" as in hacking and sneaking our of the prison cell in the police station (just a little police station, nothing big.)

Because that would open up the possibility for a cool escape, would open up the possibility of the news reporting about your escape and the escape adding to your reputation in the city (the fact that you are an escaped "convict" + did you kill police officers or just knock them out or avoid them? (all possibilities in Watch Dogs from what I have seen)).

If you don't want to annoy the player / don't want to force the escape sequence you could make it optional. If the police arrests you you will then be asked "auto-escape or manual escape?" and you can choose one.

salman147
07-02-2013, 06:06 PM
I got another question.

Let's assume Aiden has to deal with normal security guards guarding and restricted area.

If Aiden, or rather you as player step into this are, will they send you out and warn you not to come in a second time, or will they start shooting at you right away.
Because if not that would be a suggenstion I think.

Provided Aiden hasn't done anything wrong, hasn't hurt anyone, will they immediately start to fire at him or will they say "Hey sir, leave the area immediately!" and if you refuse threaten you with their gun, giving you the option to surrender or refuse, and then they shoot at you.

Because that is a big point for me in terms of believability of the city. Security Guards or Cops don'T just shoot at you because you enter an area you shouldn't, they only shoot at you when you are getting violent (hurting/killing people) or if you refuse to leave the are after they warned you.

I hope you can answer this one.

Since Aiden moves withing a living, breathing city and is not a all bad guy, but something in between, a vigilante.
So this would be very important for me. NO shooting right away, but based on the situation either just warning verbally or threatening Aiden with their guns.

I thin I have seen something like this in a gameplay video lately, but I don't know how exactly the system works so I thought I am going to ask.

They showed this in a 6 min video.Don't worry.The guards warn you and shout at you to stay away from the restricted area if you enter once.If you do it the second time they'll approach you with little force.If you resist and attack,well...all hell breaks loose.

AgentZedd
07-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Will there be some romance in the game? I mean, it's for mature, so why not...

ALTAIR-KRATOS2
07-03-2013, 05:17 PM
It woUld be awesome if you add also air vehicles like helicopters or planes just for people who want fly and for fun not only cars, motrobikes and water vehicles( could you add watercraft too?), of course all of them are awesome but some more from air and water will be f***ING awseome. And guys, you do GREAT GAMES in Montreal. i hope you read this.

BlastThyName
07-03-2013, 07:02 PM
The question I asked a while back really isn't that hard to answer and it shouldn't be a secret. This secrecy only frightens me and leads me to believe that Ubi Kiev is going to be responsible for the PC version! Why else would they keep it a secret?

I assume you are confused by the AC4 case, I don't believe we know anything to assume that it will be the same for Watch Dogs.
The fact that Kiev is working on the PC SKU and that it's alledgedly the "lead" platform (what does that really mean ?) are not mutually exclusive.

Why couldn't they handle the main version ?

Regarding Watch_Dogs Ubisoft Montreal is working on the "next-gen" versions (XB1/PS4/PC) and another studio/team is tasked with making the current-gen versions (360/PS3/Wii U).

I think you are going to like this :
https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftKiev/info
On their official Facebook page there is a mention of AC4 PC but not Watch_Dogs ? Guess what that means ? ;)
Far Cr 3 was handled by Ubi Montreal as well and it was a extremely polished PC port in spite of some optimization issues.

AgentZedd
07-03-2013, 08:06 PM
1) 4) Who is that woman ?
http://i.imgur.com/5yh0yfG.png

That woman is Clara Lille. She is in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WuZ8wuQvw0

BlastThyName
07-03-2013, 08:16 PM
That woman is Clara Lille. She is in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WuZ8wuQvw0

Thank you very much, at the time I had no way of knowing !

She reminds me a bit of Scarlet Johansson.

RubberPIX
07-03-2013, 11:06 PM
1. If you are driving a car and see a car you like going the opposite way, how far behind you can it get before it de-spawns?
2. What about in front of you?

I ask these because in Saints Row: The Third, many times I did a u-turn immediately and it wouldn't have gone more than 5 car lengths away and it would have already de-spawned. Sometimes all I had to do was sit in the middle of an intersection and just turn the camera around and around to spawn new cars to get the one I want.

3. Will pre-order bonuses be available for purchase after launch on the PC at some point? Amazon isn't including the PC and the new Xbox in the pre-order bonus list and I'd like to get that gun.
4. One of Gamestop's pre-order bonuses says that after completing a mission, it will give you an Investigation Bonus to unlock exclusive investigation opportunities inside the network. Can you please explain or give an example of what kind of opportunities it's talking about?
5. If I buy the PC version on a DVD instead of a download, can I have the choice between verifying that I own the game through the internet and inserting the disc in the tray?

splinterprime
07-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Will there be O'Hare International Airport and Midway Airport?

And will we be able to fly air crafts?

And will there be weather like snow, rain, overcast?

And what will be the HDD Space required ?I hope its more than 25-30GB. Bcoz bigger the game more features will be there.

x___Luffy___x
07-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Will there be O'Hare International Airport and Midway Airport?

And will we be able to fly air crafts?

And will there be weather like snow, rain, overcast?

And what will be the HDD Space required ?I hope its more than 25-30GB. Bcoz bigger the game more features will be there.

dont know if there will be airport but it is confirmed that we wont be flying planes .. check UBIBLOG it has lot of information about watch dogs.

rain is already shown in demos, dont think that there is snow, but i am expecting dynamic weather..

i dont think the HDD space would be 25-30 gb on pc . dont know about consoles.

splinterprime
07-15-2013, 10:59 AM
How large the map is gonna be? Will there be the entire Chicago or just a part of it like GTA games?

Will there be other weapons beside 9mm pistol shown in all the gameplays?

can we hack cars?

splinterprime
07-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Will be have the liberty to attempt the mission when we feel like ?(like in Assassins Creed and GTA V)

Will be able to swim?

x___Luffy___x
07-15-2013, 11:58 AM
How large the map is gonna be? Will there be the entire Chicago or just a part of it like GTA games?

can we hack cars?

they say chicago is a huge city , but there wont be exact everything that is in real chicago. it is set in near future version of chicago.

there are lot of weapons we have seen so far in demos in the menu and shops etc... http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/755070-let-s-talk-Weapons

you can hack cars to unlock them or trigger its alarm , so far only this has shown.
and yes we can swim.

you really need to read the threads that are there that discusses these things you are asking.

and see ubiblog many of your answers will be answered. : http://blog.ubi.com/category/watch_dogs/

ukpanik
07-16-2013, 12:58 AM
Can I turn off the minimap ?
This is a must If I am to buy the game.

Ulvenkai
07-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Like the other 10 or so people who have asked in this thread and been ignored, I'm keen to know if this game will be released on Steam as well?

Th3Cursed
07-24-2013, 05:37 PM
I'm really excited for Watch Dogs and have been keeping an eye on the different editions. Now that the Limited Edition is announced for NA, it just seems lackluster compared to DEDSEC, even Vigilante in some aspects and was wondering if I bought the DEDSEC Edition from an EU retailer , will EU game codes work in NA and exclusive stuff be in English such as; art book, soundtrack, etc...?

Thanks.

matthewb10
07-24-2013, 06:17 PM

can we hack cars?

I can answer that. In one of the demos and in the out of control trailer, you can see aiden look at purchasing guns and firing a non-pistol weapon, respectively.

I have also seen a video of aiden shopping in a cash and carry, and under some items it said: 'can be used to make explosive device' ,etc.

matthewb10
07-24-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm really excited for Watch Dogs and have been keeping an eye on the different editions. Now that the Limited Edition is announced for NA, it just seems lackluster compared to DEDSEC, even Vigilante in some aspects and was wondering if I bought the DEDSEC Edition from an EU retailer , will EU game codes work in NA and exclusive stuff be in English such as; art book, soundtrack, etc...?

Thanks.

Generally, EU versions of a game work on NA consoles, and vice versa. Best to try google for a general idea first though

mechanicmoose
07-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Removed

ps4life2013
07-25-2013, 03:40 AM
we need more info !

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/9814/ydhf.jpg

Th3Cursed
07-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Generally, EU versions of a game work on NA consoles, and vice versa. Best to try google for a general idea first though
What about for PC?

AC2_alex
07-29-2013, 06:47 AM
When will questions be answered???

AgentZedd
07-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Hey guys, I've a question about Watch_Dogs MultiPlayer...
What if your player HAS BEEN hacked... or what if you hack into someone???
Please answer to me, I'm really curious!
Thanks...

depuster9700
07-30-2013, 01:50 AM
I want to get the pre-order bonus from Amazon for the PC but it doesn't seem like they are offering it for the PC. Is this going to change or are they not even offering it for PC?

AC2_alex
07-30-2013, 02:21 AM
Hey guys, I've a question about Watch_Dogs MultiPlayer...
What if your player HAS BEEN hacked... or what if you hack into someone???
Please answer to me, I'm really curious!
Thanks...

If your question is: what is the result of getting hacked/ hacking someone else, then here is the best answer I can give you.

I watched a gameplay video featuring the multiplayer, and the dev said that once you hack someone, you add them to your "network." Don't exactly know what that means, but what ever.

Here's a video I'm referring to: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/24/watch-dogs-multiplayer-and-second-screen-interview-e3-2013

AgentZedd
07-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Thanks a lot AC2_alex...
I think that "network" means that you can "call" them for help... It's only logical explanation for now... :) :)

Stevodude2012
07-31-2013, 12:10 AM
How is the car damage model in the game, is it realistic, or scripted or somewhere in between?
Is the entire city of Chicago open to explore, or is it a scaled down version of Chicago?

AC2_alex
07-31-2013, 03:57 AM
How is the car damage model in the game, is it realistic, or scripted or somewhere in between?
Is the entire city of Chicago open to explore, or is it a scaled down version of Chicago?

I know for a fact that it is scaled down for gameplay purposes. I don't have a source, tho.

Stevodude2012
08-01-2013, 12:02 AM
I just hope it's not scaled down too much, because I like games with huge maps.

AC2_alex
08-01-2013, 01:10 AM
I just hope it's not scaled down too much, because I like games with huge maps.

Oh, don't worry. The world should be HUGE.

Stevodude2012
08-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I think you're right, because I read somewhere that you can also explore the outskirts of Chicago, including the lake near Chicago, so it should be huge. I can't wait to drive a boat in that lake, and cause tons of car crashes by making all traffic lights green.

Johny-Al-Knox
08-01-2013, 07:19 PM
So i havent read anything regarding the map size. All i know/we know it is open world other than that they havent said anything regarding the world..

Anyone knows? or have read anything?

Doitsuist
08-01-2013, 10:43 PM
So i havent read anything regarding the map size. All i know/we know it is open world other than that they havent said anything regarding the world..

Anyone knows? or have read anything?

An active Watch_Dogs forum has a thread about the map size. Has images and a couple tweets to confirm just how large it is ;)

http://watchdogsforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=672&sid=d9ecc014ac6c547fdc4836764e05ad19

winslowws
08-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Why is there no pre-order bonus for the PC from any of the retailers?

Stevodude2012
08-03-2013, 07:01 PM
The only thing I read about the map, is that it will include the countryside around Chicago, and the lake near Chicago and of course the city of Chicago.

Zaiaku_sin
08-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Hey, i was wondering how we could go about suggesting new locations for Watch dogs live. I live close to a major city but there are no sites for me to hack near by. I read the FAQ and it did say that the more people who log on in an area will get sites but while I was having a look around the map, I noticed 2 things. One, a town similar in size just south of my location has tones of sites to hack and Two, there are 2 hacking sites that are so far out in the middle of nowhere that im almost sure they are on someones farm land...

So my question is...Can we suggest new locations for hack sites at all or are we stuck with going to someones farm to hack something(as my case is.)

Rook013
08-05-2013, 09:02 PM
1) Will there be PC bonuses?
2) Will this game be on Steam and will it have bonuses like Ghost Recon: FS?
3) What are the pc specs?
4) Which console do you Ubisoft guys like more: Xbox, PS, or PC?

JMG9519
08-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Will there be difficulty settings?

HoneysuckleRose
08-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Are questions still being answered on this thread? I have a couple of very boring ones...

1) Will we be able to invert both X and Y axis on the PS4? (Yes, I know I'm weird)
2) If not, why not?

varunsethrocks
08-13-2013, 06:24 PM
1. If I have the game on ps3, and a friend has it on xbox 360, can I hack into his game? In other words, is the multiplayer cross-platform?
2. If not, can I still help him out using my phone?
3. Can only people in my friends list hack into my game or can randoms also do it?

DFaz3
08-14-2013, 02:04 PM
How will the police AI work? Will we see police responding to known threats on the ctOS system, possibly at the same time as the player or if the player fails to act?

DFaz3
08-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Are cell phones in Watch_Dogs's Chicago connected to the ctOS or does Aidan hack them separately using his own methods?

Flyin11
08-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Question...Watchdogs is suppose to be a launch day release...PS4 announced it's release date Nov 15. The game should come out then...but nobody is listing the release date for the game for the PS4 yet..?? Is the game coming out on Nov 15th for the PS4? I preordered the game seperately along with the PS4 so I can play the PS4 right away...I hope like all that I don't have to wait a week or 2 or longer before the game comes out to play the system. Sony would have a lot of angry consumers on their hands if that happened with other titles as well...I'm hoping the sites just haven't updated their stuff as of yet. I

Bastiaen
08-21-2013, 09:00 PM
This is ludicrous. This thread has been open since the beginning of May and not one question has been answered. It's August now. When this thread was started, we had 6 months to release, now we have 3, and still no questions have been answered. Perhaps this is why there are so many more people on the AC forums. I can't wait for this game, but it's pretty rude to start something (like a Q&A) and never get around to finishing it.

Flyin11
08-26-2013, 04:41 AM
It's cool..Found out my answer from EBGames yesterday..They said that the Sony Rep told them that Watchdogs would be out 3-4 days after the system launches...Tues Nov 19th for the PS4. Sucks..suppose to be a launch title and they are releasing the game 4 days after the Launch date? That's not a Launch title...grrr. I told them that I thought that people who bought the PS4 Watchdogs bundle got the best deal then and he said no, that people still would not get their PS4's till the game releases. Now that's crappy of UBI Soft. I can get the PS4 at Launch on Friday but can't even play a game on it till another 4 days afterwards. Guess it's not long to wait but I just think that's stupid...Game should be released Nov 15th when the system is released..Why it's suppose to be called a "Launch" title...

erikalui
08-26-2013, 12:35 PM
I have heard somewhere that Aiden is able to charge his phone battery. Is it true? How can he charge his battery phone and where?

HoneysuckleRose
08-27-2013, 05:26 PM
This is ludicrous. This thread has been open since the beginning of May and not one question has been answered. It's August now. When this thread was started, we had 6 months to release, now we have 3, and still no questions have been answered. Perhaps this is why there are so many more people on the AC forums. I can't wait for this game, but it's pretty rude to start something (like a Q&A) and never get around to finishing it.

Couldn't agree more. They rarely respond on Twitter either. So much for 'Everything is connected'.

Probably too busy planning the movie even though the games not even out yet.

erikalui
08-29-2013, 12:41 PM
The movie is going to release in 2015 and from now only there is so much buzz about the movie when 2 years are left for it. Lol, it's going to be a hit game for sure but doubt the movie can be as good as the game.

Cream.Cheese
09-08-2013, 03:17 AM
I don't know how many of these have been asked, but here goes.

1. Will there be a housing system?
2. Will the player be able to date and/or marry someone(another player or an NPC)?
3. Will the game have resizable font? Playing new console games on an old TV is the biggest pain, and I'm tired of hearing "Just buy a new TV".

ecma4
09-10-2013, 05:08 PM
What's up Watch_Dogs fans!

I've been wanting to do this for quite a while now... ask you what you'd like to know about the game.
So here it it! My Official Q&A Thread!!!

I assume I don't have to go too much into details, you know what this is right? You've got questions, I've got answers... I know I don't have to remind you that I won't be able to answer all of your questions right away... you know that right? But this will greatly help me to organize all your questions and better plan for answers.

So ask away...

- Even if you've already asked it in another thread, it'll make things easier for me to have it here.
- Do try to keep your questions short and concise... please.

So that's it... Thanks, and I'm really looking forward to reading them.

Cheers!

Nik

Does Nik still work at Ubisoft?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Yes he does http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/793116-Watch_Dogs-14-Minutes-Gameplay-Demo!?p=9274439&viewfull=1#post9274439

AIDEN_PlERCE
09-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Will the graphic setting on pc better than the one on ps4?
Can i slow the time while interacting with other players(like hacking and shooting) ?
Does the single player mode co-exists with the online mode ?

Bleiebruker
09-14-2013, 09:35 PM
with the watch dogs mobile app for android, what firmware will my phone need? my current phone only has 2.3.5

Adamiak777
09-26-2013, 03:05 PM
is there some clothes cars or weapons customization in watch dogs ? are there some planes or helicopters ?

SlapY0Mamma
09-27-2013, 06:36 PM
I don't know how many of these have been asked, but here goes.

1. Will there be a housing system?
2. Will the player be able to date and/or marry someone(another player or an NPC)?
3. Will the game have resizable font? Playing new console games on an old TV is the biggest pain, and I'm tired of hearing "Just buy a new TV".

I literally LOL'd when I read this. #2 is awesome!

SlapY0Mamma
09-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Question:
So. The nodes for CtoS are in a high security area. Obviously they understand that this is something important and should not fall into anyone's hands.
Yet when Aiden goes in guns blazing, noone thinks to do anything about it?
Why isn't the system in that area shut down? Or debugged? Or moved to a backup?
It would be more believable if Aiden was required to ghost these levels, but I guess that would put the action gamers off...

Other Questions:
So we already know that as with other open world games, there are multiple 'routes' that the player can take.
Basically, stealth or guns. (Like every other game of this ilk...)

What other options are there?
Eg. Can you hack turrets? (I hope not. I hope Chicago doesn't have turrets just standing around...)
Can you use security cameras to focus in on a criminal activity and send the feed to law enforcement so as to initiate a response?
Can you... put false information of your target on the police intranet, thus causing him to be arrested?
Can you discover new information about a crime and use that to reopen a trial that had falsely acquitted a murderer?
Can you rob an evil organisation of its assets (EA maybe...) by transferring funds from its account?
Or move funds to support the organisation of your choice?

Can you borrow books from the public library under someone else's name??? *shudder*

I also liked the part where they actually run a newsflash of you when you were buying guns.
How prominent will that feedback mechanism be?
If you do one of the above (eg. find new info to reopen an old case), will you catch news reports of that while you're walking around town?

How far reaching can events get?
When you raise traffic barriers to prevent police cars from chasing you, will you see news reports of "Police sues town council for faulty barriers" in days to come?

Awesome questions, I guess they never got answered tho? I hope this game is really that dynamic.

SilenceMutes
10-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Will they add updates like more profiles or a better algorithm to make it unlikely for us to see the same person twice in the same place?

AshfaqNawaz
10-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Will they add updates like more profiles or a better algorithm to make it unlikely for us to see the same person twice in the same place?

They said that you wouldn't see a same incident over an NPC again, and more over there are kinda lot of pedestrians...making it impossible to see the same person twice..or so.

AshfaqNawaz
10-04-2013, 11:44 AM
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.watch_dogs.live_cad.ggp&hl=en
Android App - "Watch Dogs Live"
Will that app be available for HTC EVO 3D ?
And my country India?
Cus' currently it's not available for me.. :/

nebura84
10-05-2013, 02:25 AM
Vehicles have "cockpit cam" or "hood cam" ?
Only behind(third person) cam ?

Kin4t4s
10-06-2013, 11:12 AM
good News !

Will all doors (mean ALL DOORS) be openable ?
Will there be two modes of payment? Solo Multi ?
Will there be a regular subscription to pay for multi ?

Will you make multi F2P with advanced stuff payable ? (like New gun released for $$, and available free 4 mouths later, or some less significants stuffs like Cars model, ect...)

SilenceMutes
10-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Is the OP even trying to respond? If he really IS the ComDev (and I'm pretty sure he is) why is he taking so long to answer even the most basic of questions?

Tully__
10-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Is the OP even trying to respond? If he really IS the ComDev (and I'm pretty sure he is) why is he taking so long to answer even the most basic of questions?
Because he has to wait for the dev team to formulate official answers, unless a statement on a particular issue has already been prepared. Unlikely as it is at this late stage, in some cases the dev team may not have decided yet what they going to do with the game. Such things as background music, menu layout and so forth can in some cases not be finalised until right before release.

Chris1808
10-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Will there be a pc version of the ubi exclusive returning to the store as no option at present?

Any way to ditch the steel book in ubi exclusive & have sound tracks instead?

I guess the Sony content will get released at a later date as dlc?

Ph4ntomhunter
10-14-2013, 04:55 AM
HI I only need 1 question answered ->JUST 1 QUESTION<-

WIll there be an offline gameplay option so I don't have to deal with people online entering my game?

Trzebiat
10-14-2013, 06:23 AM
HI I only need 1 question answered ->JUST 1 QUESTION<-

WIll there be an offline gameplay option so I don't have to deal with people online entering my game?

Devs said that there will be option for it and nobody can enter your game without your permission. You won't have to play totally offline, but still playing offline will be possible.

varunsethrocks
10-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Yes, Tully, but he has had over two months, and out of the tons of questions, non of them are answerable? Pretty unlikely.

AshfaqNawaz
10-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Will there be any platform barrier? or will it be such as none?, since this is a multi-player version I was wondering if we meet up with players using other console while I'm still playing from my PC?

Nik_CtOS
10-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Yes, Tully, but he has had over two months, and out of the tons of questions, non of them are answerable? Pretty unlikely.

You're right, most of them are answerable. And as you may have guessed, some time opened up in my schedule. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread from now on.
Expect a post soon.

Thanks,
Nik

MUSHYM4N1
11-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Will there be a demo for Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and Xbox one users due to the delayed release so we still get a taste of the game

MUSHYM4N1
11-02-2013, 10:02 AM
will there be a demo of the game on current and next gen consoles due to the delayed release so we can have a taste of the game

kadders
11-06-2013, 11:06 PM
I already asked here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/805498-Is-there-any-information-about-multicoreusage-yet?
but I will post it in here aswell. :)
I am about to get a new computer and I was wondering if I should get an Intel i5 Quadcore or an Intel i7 Quadcore with Hyperthreading for enjoying the next gen games in all their glory. I was about to decide after the first benchmarks of Watch Dogs as one of the first new Next-Gen titles. It's good that you take further time to polish up the game but for that part it's frustrating aswell. :P So, could you give any hint if the game benefits from those additional Threads an i7 has? Crysis 3 for example got quiet a nice performance boost from activated SMT.
Long story, short question:
Would I get the most out of Watch Dogs with an i5 Quadcore or an i7 Quadcore with Hyperthreading? :) Something like "You will see a major increase in minimum FPS." or what ever else would please me. :D
I hope you can answer that with your internal testbuilds yet. =)

SneakierNote
11-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Question #1
Watch Dogs seems like a very complicated game. In general when complicated is used to describe a game it means work not fun. Will we be shown how to play this game effectively in single player or by some other means?

Question #2
Watch Dogs seems very unfinished. Will you be giving IGN a interview with one of your Watch Dog development team members when things are closer to being finished?

Question #3
The small piece of the game Ubisoft did let us see showed the main character killing two or three guys with a pistol. The weapon looked like a 9mm hand gun but sounded like a cap gun when shot. I am guessing and hoping that the weapon sound will be fixed? This is extremly improtent to me.

I am not editing anything. I forgot my manners, thank you in advance for taking the time to anwser my questions.

AshfaqNawaz
11-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Is it me.. or you guyz went kinda less inactive with the updates or so..??

SneakierNote
11-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Is it me.. or you guyz went kinda less inactive with the updates or so..??

Not sure what you mean about this bud? They are working extremly hard on this game at the moment, and its not ready for release yet. They are I am sure doing as many updates as they can at the moment.

WolfPaws
11-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Ok, I've had a message a month ago + about you guys working on the app to make it compatible with IOS 7, so far there has been no update to the app and i'm getting tired of having to turn my location for watchdogs off and on so it connects properly.

The whole issue is the gps signal. The game knows where I am on the map, but when i move from the place i had it set last, it let's me try to hack then says "out of range" though the map and my radar is in the range it should be, so there's some problem in the code to do with the gps signal.

Either way, I was wondering when this was gonna be update(If it's ever gonna be updated).

Seems there's more time to work on the app with the game itself being delayed.

Hopefully i can get an answer about this, as I enjoy the app very much, but it's tiring doing the location on and off all the time.

Shane

kadders
11-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Not sure what you mean about this bud? They are working extremly hard on this game at the moment, and its not ready for release yet. They are I am sure doing as many updates as they can at the moment.

He's talking about responses from :

You're right, most of them are answerable. And as you may have guessed, some time opened up in my schedule. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread from now on.
Expect a post soon.

Thanks,
Nik

SneakierNote
11-12-2013, 12:17 AM
Oh ok my bad,sigh. I need to pay closer attention so I do not look like... well you know a Ģ$Ĩ. : (

WolfPaws
11-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Ok, I've had a message a month ago + about you guys working on the app to make it compatible with IOS 7, so far there has been no update to the app and i'm getting tired of having to turn my location for watchdogs off and on so it connects properly.

The whole issue is the gps signal. The game knows where I am on the map, but when i move from the place i had it set last, it let's me try to hack then says "out of range" though the map and my radar is in the range it should be, so there's some problem in the code to do with the gps signal.

Either way, I was wondering when this was gonna be update(If it's ever gonna be updated).

Seems there's more time to work on the app with the game itself being delayed.

Hopefully i can get an answer about this, as I enjoy the app very much, but it's tiring doing the location on and off all the time.

Shane

So any update on this, since it's been moved from where I posted it to be buried in an 20 page general question thread?

SneakierNote
11-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Does anyone know when we will get some of our questions anwsered? I been checking here daily. I will just keep a eye on this and hope the developer anwsers my three questions sometime. This game will be the best of 2014 and sell between 8m and 12m copies I bet, thats my guess anyway it will do well.

Str1keralan
11-19-2013, 04:09 PM
We see in the E3 video of the gameplay that the player after rescuing T-Bone asking for help from a mobile player and the second player helped out on an ipad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPYgXvgS6Ww

So my first post in this part of the forum is the following?

1. What can this mobile player do in Watch Dogs, just help the player? As in Battlefield 4, the player becomes the commander of the team.
2. Would the app cost?

Chris2014_R
11-21-2013, 10:28 AM
Will this game finally have 21:9 support on PC? Unlike most other Ubisoft games which are locked at 16:9?

XvFelSwornvX
11-22-2013, 12:56 AM
Okay my 1 and only question i live in Manitoba and basically it shows 2 places within a 180km radius to be able to hack on your app why is it that people that live in major city will have more of a chance to win prizes then people that live in the boonies basically your setting people that live in cities for success and people that in smaller towns/cities for failure. either i get my question answered here or i can call and harass customer relations department

Decrypt83
11-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Will there be a playable demo for us around the original release date to give us a "bandage" for delayed release/ get us more hyped on the release of the game?

firebird3334
11-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Where Is Wii U, Xbox One and Ps4 in the uplay edition of Watchdogs

daysdad
11-25-2013, 08:20 AM
hello my name is samuel and I am a huge fan of ubisoft and the games you produce. i have just purchased watch dogs on the psn network because of the release date was stated as nov 19 but now i am finding out that you have decided to pull the release for another 5 months yet no warnings to the fans on the network in fact i had to go to five websites before i got the correct info now i find myself in a hard place i believe that ubisoft should be held accountable as well as the psn network i am not a 16 year old who has his parents buy him his games. but im someone who spends his hard earned cash. games are not cheap and with the amount they cost i expect to be informed properly when being prompt to spend nearly 80 dollars and now ive paid for a game i don't even know if i want anymore because of the wait and the same response every time if you really appreciate are business then prove it and just as a side not a theme as cool as it is does not make adequate bonus content when you pre order specially when you have a history with delays

thank you for your time

ecma4
12-10-2013, 05:14 AM
Expect a post soon.

Thanks,
Nik

This thread has been a serious let down, its been about 8 months since we were asked to submit questions and still absolutely nothing. I'm not sure why, but Ubisoft has a really bad habit of doing this kind of thing.

warp2125
12-10-2013, 09:09 AM
With 2013 coming to an end.. when can we start to expect updates on game development? PS and saying soon simply wont do, heard all that before.

ubriri
12-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Wow, it seems cool !

Mythic_Alien
12-15-2013, 08:26 AM
The question that is currently the most important to me is: if you fail a bonus mission from the Dedsec edition (like the biological weapon mission) will you be able to re-try it without penalty?

Mythic_Alien
12-15-2013, 08:38 AM
Another question of mine is: If someone hacks your phone in-game, does it really matter if you chase them down? Can you just forget about it or will it limit/hinder you in some way?

Mythic_Alien
12-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Another question of mine is: Will there be a way to collect cars that you like and keep them safe? Like a garage, And can you repair a damaged car from your garage?

DubstepPenguin
12-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Another question of mine is: Will there be a way to collect cars that you like and keep them safe? Like a garage, And can you repair a damaged car from your garage?
Yes there is, via the Underground car contact Underground Car Contact - Watch Dogs Wiki (http://watch-dogs.wikia.com/wiki/Underground_Car_Contact)

I'm not sure about repairs though, maybe you should keep an eye on; http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/801327-Vehicle-repairs-Forums

AgentZedd
12-28-2013, 11:46 AM
What about Steam? Will the game be available to pre-order on Steam soon?

marcoolio_lv
01-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Will there be a Dualshock 4 support on PC?

I bought one for myself this Christmass, and it's the greatest controller in the world!

vlieg123
01-03-2014, 07:56 AM
CAN WE PLAY THE BAD GUY? (GTA) without a sort of desynch???
Because in assassin's creed 3 you where already dead if you left a dead animal.... I hope you learn something about gta: killing innocent people ad more reality in the game...

2: WILL WE SEE A NEW DEMO OR RELEASE DATE! I can't wait anymore!!! Please make a new demo!

3: ADD NO MP TROPHY's please!!!!! That makes the experience boring for trophy hunters like me :(

Crashwolfboy
01-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Nik_CtOS , will the game include other kind of activities like races, catch the flag, deathmatch and stuff like that?

Crashwolfboy

xBusterswordx
01-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Why are PC players getting shorted on the pre-order exclusive's? I want outfits and exclusive game play!!!

JBanton
01-06-2014, 08:44 PM
CAN WE PLAY THE BAD GUY?

You can, but there will be consequences more often than not. Depending on people's attitudes around you, you may be reported to the police or attacked directly.

Hope this helps.

tashrif
01-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Can we listen to radio while driving?

tashrif
01-09-2014, 10:17 AM
can we buy melee weapons?

Shahkulu101
01-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Well this is one of the more disappointing reads I've had in a long time...

vlieg123
01-12-2014, 12:04 AM
You can, but there will be consequences more often than not. Depending on people's attitudes around you, you may be reported to the police or attacked directly.

Hope this helps.

Nope. Because I want that standard.,, I want to make chaos and explosions in the city==WITHOUT: warning don't kill innocent people/AIDEN TAKES ONLY REVENGE ON THE LAW :(

JBanton
01-12-2014, 08:10 PM
Nope. Because I want that standard.,, I want to make chaos and explosions in the city==WITHOUT: warning don't kill innocent people/AIDEN TAKES ONLY REVENGE ON THE LAW :(

I don't think the game is made to support mindless play styles, not without consequences anyway.

tererizar
01-18-2014, 05:34 AM
Is it going to be on steam?

Jack777j
01-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Whats the explation to be able to hack electronic devices around the ctOS outposts when they are in a district that we havenīt 'liberated' yet?

JBanton
01-19-2014, 01:40 PM
Whats the explation to be able to hack electronic devices around the ctOS outposts when they are in a district that we havenīt 'liberated' yet?

A player can't until gaining ctOS access. They can only use electric items that aren't controlled by the ctOS prior to gaining access.

Jack777j
01-19-2014, 03:53 PM
A player can't until gaining ctOS access. They can only use electric items that aren't controlled by the ctOS prior to gaining access.
Yes, but even if those electric items arenīt linked to the ctOS system, they should be linked to another system as the ctOS connected devices I think.

JBanton
01-19-2014, 08:39 PM
Yes, but even if those electric items arenīt linked to the ctOS system, they should be linked to another system as the ctOS connected devices I think.
No they shouldn't, because they are not owned by the government.

Jack777j
01-19-2014, 10:20 PM
No they shouldn't, because they are not owned by the government.
I have studied Industrial Engineering specialized in electronics and I can assure you that any device must be linked to a sort of system in order to hack it. I donīt care if that system isnīt the ctOS, but it must be connected to a system(some kind of smart grid) that controls the grid if we want to hack that system and those devices in our favour.

JBanton
01-20-2014, 09:51 PM
I have studied Industrial Engineering specialized in electronics and I can assure you that any device must be linked to a sort of system in order to hack it. I donīt care if that system isnīt the ctOS, but it must be connected to a system(some kind of smart grid) that controls the grid if we want to hack that system and those devices in our favour.

False. Car alarms a good example of this, their electronics systems work totally independently, because there are no advantages to adding them to a smart grid or connected system. The same thing applies to other commercial products such as garage doors, forklifts or electronic gates.

Jack777j
01-21-2014, 08:26 PM
False. Car alarms a good example of this, their electronics systems work totally independently, because there are no advantages to adding them to a smart grid or connected system. The same thing applies to other commercial products such as garage doors, forklifts or electronic gates.

And thatīs why car alarms canīt be 'hacked', at least by software in most of the cars, because they donīt use an OS, except for the new ones that even call the police automatically. They have their own internal grid prepared to sound when the sensors detect some kind of intrusion. Thatīs another thing I would like to know about in game footage. The ability to 'hack' a car could not be possible, at least by software again, if they arenīt connected to some kind of OS(maybe an OS of the cars company). I want to think that the cars you can 'hack' in game are like some of the modern ones that do have an OS of some kind.

Jack777j
01-23-2014, 11:08 PM
Question: Is there a way to pass missions without killing a target? Just neutralizing him in some way I mean.

Thank you beforehand

HJADR
01-24-2014, 09:38 AM
And thatīs why car alarms canīt be 'hacked', at least by software in most of the cars, because they donīt use an OS, except for the new ones that even call the police automatically. They have their own internal grid prepared to sound when the sensors detect some kind of intrusion. Thatīs another thing I would like to know about in game footage. The ability to 'hack' a car could not be possible, at least by software again, if they arenīt connected to some kind of OS(maybe an OS of the cars company). I want to think that the cars you can 'hack' in game are like some of the modern ones that do have an OS of some kind.

Okay... I just want to point at the following....
NSA Hacked Offline Computers With Tiny USB Radios, Claims New York Times
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/15/nsa-offline-computers-hacked_n_4601708.html (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/15/nsa-offline-computers-hacked_n_4601708.html)

'nuff said. :P

Jack777j
01-24-2014, 03:00 PM
Okay... I just want to point at the following....
NSA Hacked Offline Computers With Tiny USB Radios, Claims New York Times
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/15/nsa-offline-computers-hacked_n_4601708.html (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/15/nsa-offline-computers-hacked_n_4601708.html)

'nuff said. :P
Yeah, they can even hack mobiles out of range or in flight mode. But, anyway, they are computers so that isnīt unusual.

Badger_39
01-29-2014, 10:25 PM
oops Double post

It said an error code something about invalid authorization so i retyped the post.

Badger_39
01-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Why are PC players getting shorted on the pre-order exclusive's? I want outfits and exclusive game play!!!

I also wish to know the answer to this question. What i would really like is to purchase the Uplay Edition in the US & not being able to get access to the one bonus I really want (the hacking/atm bonus) is almost a deal breaker for me.

Qin_Armstrong
02-17-2014, 09:24 PM
will i be able to buy the vigilante edition after the release of the game?

AshfaqNawaz
02-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Any updates about the game..Guys?? It's been quite abit since..we had any.. updates/such

Jack777j
02-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Any updates about the game..Guys?? It's been quite abit since..we had any.. updates/such
Yeah, itīs almost like they disappeared from the network XD. Just patience, we have to expect more info sooner or later.

EvilPixieGrrr
02-21-2014, 11:08 PM
I've been sending up your requests for updates and new info. I hope there will be some soon!

Cara2100
02-22-2014, 01:58 AM
I've been sending up your requests for updates and new info. I hope there will be some soon!

system requirements for PC

and a date that is between March and April, revealing at once when you launch an official date

please!!!

AshfaqNawaz
02-22-2014, 06:56 AM

Thank you, Mate :)

Peter2014_
02-22-2014, 03:06 PM
This is a re-post after I requested to delete the other thread, I'd be very grateful if you consider this request :)

Will we be able to skip missions like GTA V?*
I'm not a hardcore gamer (I play around 2 hours a week due to my work) and not being able to skip missions in AC4 has stopped me from completing the game. I was stuck for hours in "Nothing is True" until I've given up.*
I've pre-ordered Watch Dogs and I really hope that we will have the choice of skipping missions in case we can't finish it after certain number of times.*
Thanks!

Peter2014_
02-22-2014, 03:09 PM
This is also a point that was mentioned in a different site regarding AC4. I hope this will be avoided in Watch Dogs :D

It never shows messages to tell us e.g. this mission / area / viewpoint is not available until further story progression.

Apart from this Kingston viewpoint, also the last naval contract and the two assassination contracts that require the diving bell. Enough to spook anyone to think that can be glitches if they like doing all side activities before the main story.

Jack777j
03-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Will we be able to enter in almost any building??

bullybeef1973
03-08-2014, 02:45 AM
May I ask, during this footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_742139555&feature=iv&src_vid=yEHwaScI6es&v=c2ltK8dNuNk there's the moment when AP causes the perp to hit the road blockers, so what would happen if you were to simply hang around; how would the NPCs react to the accident (would they call the police/ambulance) and would you witness the police take the phelon into custody?

It's this part of the game I am looking forward to; how the AI reacts to your actions.

Twinfish87
03-08-2014, 08:34 PM
hey nik how are u doin? Ihave a question about replayability. seeing as the only real compairason to this game is gta I was woundering will I be playing this game for a month or will i be done the main campaign and doing side/random encounter missions for 4 week? any information you could provide would be helpful.

topeira1980
03-09-2014, 07:11 PM
in most games you eventually run out of missions and things to do, but a few rare open world games allow missions to be generated randomly and give you things to do over and over again, even if these are the same things but in an open world they happen differently because of the game settings.

anyone knows if there are missions that are challenging (which means not just kill or beat up one dude and be done with it in 1 minute) and involve shootouts or chases that are infinitely created (as apposed to a finite set of missions that you can complete and never see again in the game world)?

setsunahenry
03-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Hi Nik,

Will there be a public demo release? Thanks.