PDA

View Full Version : Split Roast

WarriorAegis
04-30-2013, 11:52 PM
How do you complete this achievement for AC3? I've tried so many times to double assassinate with a musket, but Connor drops the darned thing every time I try.

LoyalACFan
05-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Pick up a musket, make sure it's loaded, and walk up behind a guard who's standing right in front of another guard, and press the attack button. It's basically the same idea as a low-profile assassination with the Hidden Blade, except you've got to have two guards lined up.

SixKeys
05-01-2013, 01:41 AM
Pick up a musket, make sure it's loaded, and walk up behind a guard who's standing right in front of another guard, and press the attack button. It's basically the same idea as a low-profile assassination with the Hidden Blade, except you've got to have two guards lined up.

I was wondering about this too. Guess I'll have to try this method. I thought they meant the kill animation that sometimes happens when Connor gets two guards to shoot each other with their own muskets.

LoyalACFan
05-01-2013, 01:45 AM
I was wondering about this too. Guess I'll have to try this method. I thought they meant the kill animation that sometimes happens when Connor gets two guards to shoot each other with their own muskets.

Nah, it's not a combat animation, you have to do it when you're anonymous. I actually got it by accident as Haytham as I was walking to the store to buy a sword in Sequence 2 :p

cmrggamer
05-01-2013, 03:42 AM
If you're trying to figure out a good place I can give a tip: when you go to the docks, you'll see a those muskets all propped up on the little stand and you can usually find two guards chatting in front of one of the boarding platforms. Hope that helps :)

WarriorAegis
05-01-2013, 06:29 PM
THANK YOU, everyone! :D I managed to get it!

LoyalACFan
05-01-2013, 06:46 PM
No prob :D

cmrggamer
05-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Glad you could get it! :)

poptartz20
05-02-2013, 04:26 AM
that's weird... The way I got it was that I had 2 guards near me when I countered the attack and it went into the mini animation and gave me the split roast.. either way I'm glad you got it! I'm personally trying to go 100% on my game.. I just hate the fact that you also have to do the multiplayer as well to get it.

LoyalACFan
05-02-2013, 04:43 AM
that's weird... The way I got it was that I had 2 guards near me when I countered the attack and it went into the mini animation and gave me the split roast.. either way I'm glad you got it! I'm personally trying to go 100% on my game.. I just hate the fact that you also have to do the multiplayer as well to get it.

The MP ones are pretty easy this time (nothing like Brotherhood's insane requirements that you pretty much had to boost for). You'll probably get them all naturally as you progress toward the Level 20 trophy.

CalledChip4200
05-02-2013, 04:47 AM
I got this achievement the same way as poptartz. I didn't know you could walk up to the guards and do it. Amazed.

Speaking of achievements, has anyone actually looted a convoy without killing guards? I've tried it with bare hands twice but didn't get the achievement...

poptartz20
05-02-2013, 04:58 AM
I got this achievement the same way as poptartz. I didn't know you could walk up to the guards and do it. Amazed.

Speaking of achievements, has anyone actually looted a convoy without killing guards? I've tried it with bare hands twice but didn't get the achievement...

Now this is something I HAVE YET TO FIGURE OUT. Only if you could use those wold powers in the main game this would be alot easier...

CalledChip4200
05-02-2013, 06:46 AM
Now this is something I HAVE YET TO FIGURE OUT. Only if you could use those wold powers in the main game this would be alot easier...

Because convoys pop up a lot, I pathetically tried getting this achievement in the dlc using wolf powers but then I realised I'm not supposed to be looting the convoy for people :\ I think the achievement will only work in the main game anyway

LoyalACFan
05-02-2013, 07:29 AM

I had some trouble with this one too, but I think I have it figured out. Some unarmed moves are actually fatal. You can't counter the enemies near the wagon (or anything else that will trigger a context-sensitive takedown) because it will count as a kill. No double-counters either, if two guys attack you simultaneously, just take the hit. Also, you can't kick the guards who are writhing on the ground after being beaten.

Basically, try to take down any elite guards first (officers or the big Scottish dudes) and do it stealthily if possible (fists only, obviously). Then just keep your fists equipped and counter the rest until they're all unconscious.

cmrggamer
05-02-2013, 02:37 PM
LoyalACFan is right, some of the bare hands moves are fatal, like when he kicks them against the wagon. One way to know if the moves haven't been fatal is that the the guards should still writhing on the ground. I think one of the best ways is to just start from the back, and pick off every guy, because if you're behind them well enough you won't alert the other guards and then you won't have to worry about entering into a combat situation and possibly killing them lol. At least, that's how I remember completing it.

WarriorAegis
05-02-2013, 07:29 PM
I completed that one using bare fists. *shrug* Did you enter combat when you used unarmed?

jayjay275
05-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Grab a musket that is loaded, align two guards that are close together, and get behind one and hold down square (PS3) or X (Xbox) and you should perform the animation.