PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Card Debate - 30/04/2013 - Altar of Destruction

Homard_C
04-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Dear Champions,

Today's Debate is dedicated to an Inferno Fortune : Altar of Destruction.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/fr/games/mmdoc/AltarDestruction.png

What's your opinion about this card? Do you use it?
What would you change?

Thanks for your comments!

Elementalist.
04-30-2013, 02:12 PM
I like it, fairly useful for those sneaky finishes. And since inferno is focused on rushing, you need a card to deal direct damage for when the opponent stabilizes and creates a strong defense. For 1 cost I think it is fine the way it is.

hydramarine
04-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Pretty good card. And only 1 resource.

In fact, it is so good that even 1 or 2 more direct dmg fortune / spell card was to be added to the game in future (aside from Tower), it would account for more than half of the life of opponent. That's why Tower + Altar is so deadly right now.

Pjovejas
04-30-2013, 02:54 PM
In my opinion, this card is perfectly created. Balanced in all ways for the fraction where it belongs.

stap1t
04-30-2013, 04:16 PM
When I was playing my 30 ranking wins with inferno deck I have won couple of matches thanks to this card. Best to combine with some drawing card cards, like campfire. Best for suprise finish.

renders7
04-30-2013, 06:24 PM
I lost a lot of times because of this card altough I never really use it,I kinda see it like a -1 but the card is good

setcamper
04-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Feels like the only argument to make is that the card is "too strong"- isn't this "a 4 copies, no brainer" for just about any inferno deck.

holynecro
05-07-2013, 01:45 AM
Its a great card with direct dmg to the enemy hero. Good against tower of oblivion tactics you can put the high cost cards into your deck for 1 cost while dealing 2 dmg, You can protect one or two of your cards with that before using cosmic. You can try to discard enemies entire hand with this card and pit of hate too. If i remember correctly, the mechanics of that card is not so common. Sanctuary got a fortune card which you can put a card to your deck while reducing the costs of your creatures and orcs got a fortune increases dmg and you put a card to your deck. Haven got dwarven smith, and necropolis got mass grave but you need a second lvl creature to put a card from your hand to the deck so its situational but effective against captains. All of these cards cost 1 resource and need only 1 fortune but i guess altar of destruction is a bit ahead of them all.

NorsemanXXI
05-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Tower of Destruction is clearly a staple card in any Inferno Aggro right now.

Original Intent

I think this card is probably stronger than what was original intended judging by looking at her sister cards from the other factions (Mass Grave, Dwarven Smith, Blood Shaman Hut, Hidden Temple). All this cards have a huge drawback, you are essentially skipping a draw when you use them but in the case of the Tower you use it as a finisher so you don't really have that draw back, the real draw back is that you need to have another card in your hand in order to use it, which is a small one. That's why I say it's stronger than what was intended.

Sometimes I see players using this in the middle of game, not as a finisher. Unless you really want to skip a draw, this is clearly the wrong way to use it.

Staple and the lack of alternatives

Card discard is just not as strong as direct damage right now, that is why there is really no alternatives for this card. I think the low starting health (20) of each hero makes it hard to create more direct damage spells. Hall of Torment is the only other direct damage effect but it only resolves after one other opponent turn and it may not resolve at all.

Rating: 5 out of 5

xlnt2new
06-07-2013, 09:30 PM
As mentioned above - the altar also lets you 'hide' cards from Spell Twister (mostly) and discards. The reach is nice (as every red mage will tell you - gotta have burn), the price is ok, but i had games with my opponent on 6-8 and me not having enough cards to cast all Altars in hand - so it can get a bit tricky.

5/5 - does a lot of things, love cards that give you options