PDA

View Full Version : Replay not available: exclusive mission in progress?

Dominar1972
04-30-2013, 07:25 AM
:mad:

ok, I'm new to AC and PS3 so I could be missing something. Am I supposed to be able to go the DNA thing and replay any mission before I finish the game or does that ability come after the main game ends?

When I go to the DNA thing it says "replay not available exclusive mission in progress". I have no idea what that means.

Thanks.

Assassin_M
04-30-2013, 07:34 AM
Would you happen to be currently on a mission ? Are You on a ship?

Dominar1972
04-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Would you happen to be currently on a mission ? Are You on a ship?

I forgot to mention this is AC3. I've tried it at several different points and it always says the same thing. I just went to NY and now am in Brazil but its been like that from the beginning.

montagemik
04-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Seems we guess which character you're playing as & which memory you're in . :nonchalance:

If you are playing as Desmond (sounds like you're talking about modern world missions ) Desmond memories can only be replayed by using the computer terminal in the grand temple .
Desmond memories are not replayable in the DNA tracker .

When playing as Haytham (english guy in tri corner hat ) or Connor (native Assassin) you can replay ANY of their memories you have already completed in the DNA tracker.

Dominar1972
04-30-2013, 03:19 PM
I've tried accessing the DNA sequencer as all three characters at various points since the beginning.

montagemik
04-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Then it sounds like you are already IN an active memory or unfinished sidequest .

OR you should Delete all AC3 'Game Data' & DLC ...................Then re-install the game disc & DLC again (could be corrupted)

Because your problem is a 1st to me - never heard of that problem on any AC3 format before
a photo / picture of this No DNA replay message might be helpful.

Fr_WhiteMoon
09-29-2013, 11:56 PM
This "exclusive mission in progress" thing is very annoying... :o(
I understand UBI made the choice of saving the game at checkpoints, like many games, but I don't understand the interest of preventing the player to choose to replay missions until he reach a free move part. The interest of replaying a mission is usually to succeed the optionnal objectives, but you'll often reach the checkpoint and have to go further, further and further in the story before being able to get back to the action sequence you'd just like to replay, just because you just reached the checkpoint and you're only free to come back to the last checkpoint, but never before.

SPOILER
For exemple : I was playing sequence 8, chasing a man in the NY streets and I had to avoid to tackle or shove anyone. When I reached my target, I couldn't get him because the blades were selected. As I selected my fists I pushed him and failed my optionnal objective (really ???!!!). So I skipped the video and quit the game to get back to my IRL life. When I came back ingame, I was in prison (how did I ended there ?...). So I kept skipping videos until being able to replay, cause I wanted to get all the story before continuing it... what a bad idea, another video, and another, and another and still unable to replay. At the time I'm writing, I spoiled all the story and I still can't SIMPLY REPLAY at least the beginning of the sequence nor even the ONE video I missed !!!!!!! I quitted the game several times but when you launch the savegame you can't select anything.
SPOILER

So really, I don't get the point of preventing the player to replay WHENEVER he wants to replay what's already done... that's just annoying. I feel like being on a highway : if you miss the exit, you'll sometimes have to drive dozens of kilometers to U-turn before getting back to the right exit. But here we don't deal with hard realities, we're on computers for entertainment, please just don't kill the freedom we find there ! Thanks

Fr_WhiteMoon
09-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Finally I was able to replay the sequence 8 part 1 (the whole one, just to be able to replay the pursuit)... yeaaaa let's see the prison sequence and get back in the story :o))) The DNA tracker auto open but I'm not able to choose anything, I'm back in "exclusive mission", so what's the point ??? Doesn't matter, just close it.
But, but... what's this ? It's not the part 2, I'm now in part 3 and again I can't get back, AGAIN !!!!!!!!!! So if I skip again the videos of part 3, after being spoiled again I will be able to replay part 2, then part 3 will be skipped so I have to play sequence 9 part 1 OR WHAT ?

You at UBI did a great job with the AC series, but in the 3rd you should have made another advertisment at the begenning of the game : "If you wish to follow the story, never ever skip one little tiny video or you'll have REAL HARD TIME to watch it again. You're advised : skipping videos comes with HEAVY CONSEQUENCES and will cost you a lot of time !".