PDA

View Full Version : Troubles with Aim Assist (PC)

aliendna99
04-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Hello

I am wondering abit about Aim Assist. For me, it seems to work like 30% of the time.
What am I doing wrong?

The reason I enjoy xbox controller with Far Cry... I dont know, its something about the whole game, that makes it very nice playing a controller. Besides, I did the full Campaign with controller so I fancy the Multiplayer with controller aswell.

But the Aim Assist is driving me mad. Sometimes, It doesnt seem to work at all, and I have no chance at all against the enemy who has mouse/keyboard.
Other times, it seems to work perfectly, almost making me feel OP. The way it kind of sticks to the enemy and follows its movements.
But like I said, it seems to not work more than half the time and I end up shooting all over the place, all around the enemy, making me feel very underpowered most of the time.

Its not bad, I still manage to get 1.0 k/d all the time, but tbh, Im alot better than that.... I Just dont enjoy mouse/keyboard on this game.

Ive googled for like "aim assist explained" so I can learn what Im doing wrong, to be able to make it work something like 60% of the time, and not just 30%.

You guys who play with Xbox controller, you got any tips for me? What can i do to make it work?
Do you have to target the enemy first, then shoot? Do you have to shoot first, then aim? Do you have to aim at the head? Do you have to ADS?
Yeah, you see I really dont think it makes sense so I would like it explained please. THanks

Far_Cry2_Fan
04-30-2013, 06:06 PM
People really missed out by NOT supporting FANG Inc.'s Gamepad. They didn't sell enough to keep making them, so now all you can find is ones at 3 or 4x the price because folks only now decided to give them the love they deserve. I've been using mine for over a decade, and when it finally gives up the ghost I'll be really sad going back to a keyboard. But one thing I would never, ever consider is a console pad.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=fang+gamepad&id=6297136A3031BC9D243112CBDC282316B7DD0D97&FORM=IQFRBA

Aiming is impossible with the kiddie pad, so you have to turn on aim assist! So why bother, why not just have a game that plays itself while you watch?

Good luck, I hope someone has an answer for you, but no way could I stand to play and take credit for my actions when software is doing the work.

DAS

Mr_Shade
04-30-2013, 06:41 PM
People really missed out by NOT supporting FANG Inc.'s Gamepad. They didn't sell enough to keep making them, so now all you can find is ones at 3 or 4x the price because folks only now decided to give them the love they deserve. I've been using mine for over a decade, and when it finally gives up the ghost I'll be really sad going back to a keyboard. But one thing I would never, ever consider is a console pad.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=fang+gamepad&id=6297136A3031BC9D243112CBDC282316B7DD0D97&FORM=IQFRBA

Aiming is impossible with the kiddie pad, so you have to turn on aim assist! So why bother, why not just have a game that plays itself while you watch?

Good luck, I hope someone has an answer for you, but no way could I stand to play and take credit for my actions when software is doing the work.

DAS

If it does die [I hope it does not] - then razer and a few others have similar replacements..

http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-nostromo

Far_Cry2_Fan
04-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Thanks Mr. shade.

I saw one at a shop and gave it quick try, it seems like you could get used to it, but right out of the gate seemed like too much went into ergonomic-fancification. There are a couple others out there as well, so the likelihood I'd have to go all the way back to a keybord is nil, but I'd do that before I ever considered a toybox controller!

Even the one I have is far from perfect, several aquaintances have tried mine and decided to stick with the keyboard, I really like it even though I can see obvious room for improvement in the ergonomics department.

DAS

ephel2005
05-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Aim Assist does Not Work on :PC....