PDA

View Full Version : Season 4 tournament

graxis71
04-29-2013, 05:17 AM
Hello, i'm playing in Ravaged Land 4. I think this whole tournament system sucks, Right now the top 4 in the tournament standing have not even launched an attack upon another. They rather go after the easy targets, yep the alliances that are one level below them. I'm like ok this is not a good way to do this. I think it should be changed that if your of the same level then you can attack each other. And if an attack is not done during the round by any alliance that builds a grail then they lose those points all of them. And go back to zero again. It might seem like it would take longer but you would get those epic battles. Those top 4 allliances right now should be having epic battles but they don't. I'm telling you it needs to be changed, no more level above or below. You must be the same level and a battle must happen before the round is up or you lose your place and start all over again. Right now it is not fair totally lopsided.

Paul_Rotterdam
04-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Are you playing in one of those 4 top alliances?

graxis71
04-30-2013, 12:07 AM
No i'm not in any of the top alliances. But it is just weird they are not fighting each other. Tomorrow another round ends and the top alliances have not gone after each other's grail.

suqerkent
04-30-2013, 02:11 AM
There have been some attempts but to date they have all been a failure.

graxis71
04-30-2013, 04:35 AM
ok we have been watching we have not seen anyone go after any grails for the top 4 teams. None, they go after the lower alliances. I'm saying they should change the rules, if your a 2 then you can only go after a 2 and if you don't attack once during round you lose all your points. Top alliances won't even battle each other for territory.

AndreanDW
04-30-2013, 07:20 PM
what if you are the only alliance of your rank? No fight, no points?

graxis71
04-30-2013, 11:05 PM
I don't think you ever will be the only alliance with that rank. but you would think the Dev's would make a contingency plan for that.

Paul_Rotterdam
05-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Its a common thing in games like this that high ranked alliances eat other smaller alliances without bullfighting same size alliances.
Sometimes high ranked alliances declare war on same size alliances but this is rare.

The Tournament +/-1 rank difference attack possibility should work out fine is my guess as i played the Beta test with tournaments.
Just sit out some attacks as you play in a low ranked alliance and after some time the higher ranked alliance are more points up front so they cannot attack you anymore.
My idea was that the system was well balanced, but time will tell.

The second idea of losing all points and starting all over again is typically an idea from a player never ranked high... dumn idea.

graxis71
05-01-2013, 02:58 PM
hmm maybe it is well balanced after the first two or three rounds. But what i'm talking about is that due to secret pacts between alliances , they don't fight each other even during the tournament. Oh sure let's build our grail and attack the alliance that is 1 less then ours, but the one that is on the same level oh no, we won't attack them. IF you really look at it , that is exactly what is going on. We don't mind that attacks and chance to defend. What we do not like is that they won't fight against each other. We are playing in Ravage lands 4, and the top alliances are doing anything to each other. Hell they won't even attack each other before the tournament. They go after the lower alliances, all with the excuse that we need pvp points to be ahead. Well it seems that pvp points don't matter once the tournament started. But then again these guys are paying to play, not a fair game anymore. What if you don't have the money to spend on seals, but you like the game. Guess what those that have fat wallets and nothing better to do but boost their ego , will come and pick on you. Like i said not fair, the seals and legendary and buying of artifacts have made this game so un fair. But then again it is the almighty dollar that rules.

Paul_Rotterdam
05-01-2013, 09:34 PM
I did not play USA servers so i am not aware how strong USA players are. In some typically long games (month or years playtime) typically USA players are weakest in the world as they tend to get bored after a few hours in all games.
Perhaps they play better now they can use dollars in this game and win time/strength.

I play in UK server that is also weak if you compair in to German or French servers, but there i maintain rank 5-20-5 dom-wealth-hon without bying seals, just placing some previous gathered seals into extra heros/town.

Anyway try to not get overhelmd by the Calimero effect.

Thorsson64
05-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Is this a US complaint? I ask because I'm playing on 4 European servers and on all of them the top Alliances are fighting, although we haven't reached grails yet.

I have played on a US server in the past and there were plenty of battles between top alliances. But maybe it's smart play in the WoT now to take out the weaker guys first and see what the other big guys do.

suqerkent
05-03-2013, 04:17 PM
hmm maybe it is well balanced after the first two or three rounds. But what i'm talking about is that due to secret pacts between alliances , they don't fight each other even during the tournament. Oh sure let's build our grail and attack the alliance that is 1 less then ours, but the one that is on the same level oh no, we won't attack them. IF you really look at it , that is exactly what is going on. We don't mind that attacks and chance to defend. What we do not like is that they won't fight against each other. We are playing in Ravage lands 4, and the top alliances are doing anything to each other. Hell they won't even attack each other before the tournament. They go after the lower alliances, all with the excuse that we need pvp points to be ahead. Well it seems that pvp points don't matter once the tournament started. But then again these guys are paying to play, not a fair game anymore. What if you don't have the money to spend on seals, but you like the game. Guess what those that have fat wallets and nothing better to do but boost their ego , will come and pick on you. Like i said not fair, the seals and legendary and buying of artifacts have made this game so un fair. But then again it is the almighty dollar that rules.

The one thing that was never mentioned at all is how alliance rankings affect tournament rankings.

The first alliance to get to rank 7 gets 10k tournament pts. The second alliance gets 5k tournament pts. and the third alliance 2k tournament pts. Was never mentioned before. Would of been useful to know this.

suqerkent
05-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Yeah my alliance strategy may have been a little different knowing that fact leading up to the tournament. Might not matter in the end as much but definately changed the start of the tournament.

suqerkent
05-04-2013, 05:31 AM
do you get any alliance points for building a graal on pve nowadays?

Get 1million alliance pts. They added it late so the first alliance that had built a grail did not get the million and then when the next grail was built they did. At least it was built by that same alliance so it did not affect the first to rank 7 it was just surprising to everyone when it did except maybe that alliance if they had sent a ticket asking why.

graxis71
05-05-2013, 06:43 AM
Ok if pvp points don't affect the tournament , when why continue to attack other alliances. I saw one alliance get tired of Fighting a bigger alliance. they deleted their alliance. I kept a track of the attacks and pillages and sieges and it didn't seem to have any affect on the tournament standing, it only affected the regular standing but even then those regular standing don't win you the server. it is the tournament that wins the server.

Wulfgar1978
05-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Ok if pvp points don't affect the tournament , when why continue to attack other alliances. I saw one alliance get tired of Fighting a bigger alliance. they deleted their alliance. I kept a track of the attacks and pillages and sieges and it didn't seem to have any affect on the tournament standing, it only affected the regular standing but even then those regular standing don't win you the server. it is the tournament that wins the server.

I have always wondered about this. Even with S3 the War of Tears ends the server, but can it really be considered "winning' the server? I ask that because the #1 ranked alliance on the server earns full legacy points, however if you win the War of Tears it does not. To me that would indicate that the winner of the server is the #1 ranked alliance and not the alliance that wins the War of Tears or in the case of S4 the tournament. Most times it is the #1 alliance that also wins the War of Tears, but not always. Shouldn't there also be some reward for the alliance winning the WoT or the Tournament?

AndreanDW
05-05-2013, 03:51 PM
The problem is that til Season 3 PvE and PvP the winning alliances were clearly unique, but with Season 3 war of tears they could differ - the alliance that won the war of tears is not every time the alliances with the most points - but the programming staff ignored and ignores this - the most legacy points gets the alliance with the most points nevertheless they won!
Corresponding tickets or posts in the forum are consequently ignored!
Therefore I'm sure they will ignore this problem in saeson 4 servers too; maybe we are lucky and they accidently use there own rules within the code but I doubt

mightycleric
05-06-2013, 08:51 PM
From what I was told, while they didn't fix that bug so that the alliance winning the war of tears got the max legacy, if somebody in that alliance submitted a ticket, their legacy was changed to max legacy. This required everybody in the alliance to submit the ticket, though (and to know that they could). This also means that a potential 60 people could end up with max legacy from a server if one alliance of 30 won the war of tears, and another alliance of 30 finished in first place for points.

graxis71
05-07-2013, 04:24 AM
I think this whole Season 4 has been the most lopsided season i have ever seen. We have top alliances who are not fighting each other, most of them made secret pacts. They are concentrating on one alliance to beat. But they also went after a smaller alliance all in the name of we want more pvp points. They used more seals then i have ever seen anyone use. Really they made their bones on this one alliance but they had the money to spend on seals. That alliance they went after quit cause there was nothing they do. They said that needed to use us so they can win the server. Hell no one in that small alliance could oppose them. But the bigger alliances they wouldn't even touch. My guess is they would of had their asses handed right on back. They really need to get rid of seals and artifacts, just make it a pure and simple game. That way no one has an edge, but then again no one would make money if it was that pure and simple.

Thorsson64
05-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Which server/country are you playing? It's certainly not the same on all.

RandyR87
05-10-2013, 06:23 PM
I can't wait for the next server but 6 people withdrew their interest on the next server.