PDA

View Full Version : Hiding from Attacks in Vestiges

Thorsson64
04-27-2013, 05:08 PM
To my mind this is a clear exploit, as Vestiges were not designed for this purpose. I won't go off again on the damn things, but this, at least, needs fixing.

And then, I'm told, you can also hide your army by clearing an NPC region. This one's even worse because you could hide a 5m army. This MUST be fixed.

filipd81
04-27-2013, 10:19 PM
These are tow different issues. I agree about the vestiges.

But I'm not sure about the NPC fight for some reasons:
- the number of fields is quite low, 16 of the outer ring, if someone keeps some of these fields uncleared it maybe considered a strategic move, because they will not earn XP, resources and artifacts for them
- if the enemy action is not an attack but a siege the hero will fight on their way back after attacking the NPC and obviously the spells will be wasted on the NPC so the result maybe counterproductive. Note that I have personally seen this.
- it makes sense because the hero fights in the region and OUT of the city and in heroes kingdoms they are considered two different areas. This is my comprehension of the rules.

Thorsson64
04-28-2013, 11:52 AM
All that was true in the good old days. Now however you just do a repop, and bob's your uncle! Sieges are not always possible. Now if you could siege without having to capture (as has been suggested in the past) then problem solved. But as it stands it's simply an exploit that can be easily abused by spending a few seals. The mechanics of the game were not designed for this.

filipd81
04-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Seals are a plague. But if I consider them in all my gameplay there will be no end to the possible exploits. I try to ignore them hoping to see the strategic worlds opening not only in France.

dre.maa
04-29-2013, 01:09 AM
I thought that troops in the vestige came back to fight in an attack? And sieges are always an option as long as you leave an open town slot.

filipd81
04-29-2013, 05:14 AM
The army will leave the vestige only in case of siege. I can't find the Dev Journal to quote.

jordface
04-30-2013, 09:42 PM
The cost create enough vestiges to hide a reasonable amount of army power is fairly high. I learnt to sneak my army off to NPC battles back in my first few weeks of hommk, the fact that you can repopulate endlessly is the flaw and not the fact that NPC battles allow you to hide.

With the assumption the Seals will never leave us, NPC battles should no longer hide an army.

Thorsson64
05-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Yes, that's it. The mechanic needs changing due to Seals.

MartyAmodeo
05-01-2013, 11:00 PM
The army will leave the vestige only in case of siege. I can't find the Dev Journal to quote.

Hehe... if true this could be used for evil as well. If you have a complicit "enemy" nearby, you can go in and win your vestige battle and have them come over and siege you so that you can return to the city at no cost.

mightycleric
05-06-2013, 08:09 PM
I don't see the vestige fight as being an exploit, due to the fact that if they actually are deep under ground, excavating ruins, they wouldn't be able to show up for the fight, and troops that are coming in to attack the town, then leave wouldn't try to search every nook and cranny for troops. For me it makes sense as to why they couldn't fight, and the same for NPC clearing, too (though the repop part of that is ridiculous).

MartyAmodeo
05-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Well, there's also the fact that this is a game with mechanics that are artificial and might not translate to the reality that we know at least some of the time. With that in mind, code the rules up in a way that makes a more compelling game. I think the ability to hide any amount of troops, through any mechanic other than fleeing the city, makes the game less interesting and more tedious.

Travesuras
05-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Exploits will always exist, and many of those who complain abut them today have taken advantage of these and continue using exploits, one such paid exploit is seals.

Thorsson64
05-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Well, there's also the fact that this is a game with mechanics that are artificial and might not translate to the reality that we know at least some of the time. With that in mind, code the rules up in a way that makes a more compelling game. I think the ability to hide any amount of troops, through any mechanic other than fleeing the city, makes the game less interesting and more tedious.
Yes, that's the point.