PDA

View Full Version : How do you all feel about Naval Missions

Jack_Pirate
04-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Hello. So a little background on my AC history, I beat AC1 about a few months after its release. after that i was kinda turned off to AC just because of how repetitive it felt.
And then, i saw the Black Flag trailer and i instantly new i would want to play it. this got me to play AC3 and i thoroughly enjoy that game, the Naval missions are probably my favorite part. you do not get that kind of naval experience anywhere else. Since i beat ac3 i have been bookin it through the other titles (in order).

So i realize the naval missions are a big change in the series. I really enjoy them, but I can see that some fans might think it takes away from other aspects of their experience in AC.

So how do you all feel about the new focus on naval gameplay? Do you feel like it is a good addition to the series? or do you think it is a path you wished they did npt follow down in the future?

ProletariatPleb
04-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Gameplay wise Naval is the only thing I liked in AC3, even tho it's completely disconnected from Assassin's Creed but it's awesome and while I'm still undecided on Black Flag, I could buy that as a naval simulator.

Assassin_M
04-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Awesome feature.....loved it....Not what I want to love in an AC game, though...

ArabianFrost
04-26-2013, 09:34 PM
It's definitely not what I have in mind for freshening the series and improving it. I enjoy it greatly, but I hope Ubisoft concentrates more effort and innovation into improving the core gameplay pillars of AC before they conjure completely new and irrelevant mechanics to the game.

Locopells
04-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Loved 'em. Wouldn't have come up with them myself, but both Assassin and Templars hid themselves in all walks of life, so...

THE_JOKE_KING33
04-26-2013, 09:59 PM
****ing loved it!

SixKeys
04-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Naval combat was one of the few things I liked about AC3. At first I wasn't too crazy about them, but once I started upgrading my ship, the battles became a lot more fun. Still, I wish they would have gone with a new IP instead of shoving naval into AC3 and now AC4. Gameplay-wise it's fun, but felt shoehorned into AC3 for no good reason (from a story perspective). I worry that AC4 is going to continue the trend of focusing more on action and moving further and further away from the core concept of Assassin's Creed.

pacmanate
04-26-2013, 10:32 PM
It was okay but doesn't feel like AC at all.

Also some privateer missions took me under a minute complete. What is the point.

Sushiglutton
04-26-2013, 10:42 PM
I thought the naval was a spectacular addition. Visually it looks stunning, especially the storms are so powerful. And the broadside, ship destrcution and crew ruinniung around your ship added even more to the immersion. Gameplay was well tuned. It felt like you were maneuvering a big, clumsy, vessel. But it wasn't overly slow in an annoying way. There was a number of strategies to use, sadly the synch requirements often took most of them away by specifying what you should do. I think AC4 needs a bit more variation and depth, and I'm confident we will get that. Also running around the ship freely and being able to dive into the water and jump to other ships will add a ton I feel.

I don't really care about the roots that much. I just want an awesome pirate game :)

SixKeys
04-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Gameplay was well tuned. It felt like you were maneuvering a big, clumsy, vessel. But it wasn't overly slow in an annoying way.

Kind of funny, but the gondolas in AC2 actually feel much more clumsy and slow than the huge warship you control in AC3. Not that I'm complaining, I think it's better this way.

Megas_Doux
04-26-2013, 10:55 PM
A total highlight!

Sushiglutton
04-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Kind of funny, but the gondolas in AC2 actually feel much more clumsy and slow than the huge warship you control in AC3. Not that I'm complaining, I think it's better this way.

Ha they kind of did! I remember that difficult mission in which you were supposed to pick up Caterina who was stranded on some island lol.

SixKeys
04-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Ha they kind of did! I remember that difficult mission in which you were supposed to pick up Caterina who was stranded on some island lol.

Same goes for the War Machine mission in ACB where you have to destroy ships' sails with Leo's flamethrower. I love the rest of the mission, but that boat is so frickin' cumbersome to maneuver. I often end up very nearly sailing past the desynch barrier because I can't get the darn thing to turn.

waynedavies89
04-26-2013, 11:12 PM
Naval is the best feature ever to be introduced since the big update going from AC1 to 2

ACfan443
04-26-2013, 11:13 PM
I liked it, it was a well developed and polished system. However it feels incredibly out of place in Assassin's Creed. This is one of the reasons I'm not excited about Black Flag.

AssassinHMS
04-26-2013, 11:18 PM
I enjoyed it and besides, naval gameplay is the new trade mark of Assassin's Creed. Still, they should change the game's title, "assassin's creed" is a bit misleading...

kriegerdesgottes
04-27-2013, 03:47 AM
Meh. That describes my feelings towards it. It's ok but it didn't blow my mind or anything. It would have been better if I could have constant access to my ship and I could just freeroam sail. I didn't like how it was restricted to what were in my opinion, boring missions.

Soulid_Snake
04-27-2013, 04:49 AM
DId'nt like it, without playing BF, the minimum I already don't like is 40%.

prince162010
04-27-2013, 04:33 PM
i loved it so so much "very cool feature