PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] How did Desmon get the apple?

Avagantamoz
04-25-2013, 03:49 AM
At the end of the Tyranny of Washington dlc, after Washington and Connor return to the "normal world", Connor drops the apple into the ocean. Now, seeing as this isnt the alternate universe (which the dlc takes place in) anymore, that apple should have stayed at the bottom of the ocean. So how did Desmond get it? I have a vague memory of the story since I havn't played the main storyline in awhile and don't remember.

roostersrule2
04-25-2013, 03:50 AM
At the end of the Tyranny of Washington dlc, after Washington and Connor return to the "normal world", Connor drops the apple into the ocean. Now, seeing as this isnt the alternate universe (which the dlc takes place in) anymore, that apple should have stayed at the bottom of the ocean. So how did Desmond get it? I have a vague memory of the story since I havn't played the main storyline in awhile and don't remember.Did you not play the mission in AC2, where you go in the scuba suit, swim down and get it?

Assassin_M
04-25-2013, 03:51 AM
Did you not play the mission in AC2, where you go in the scuba suit, swim down and get it?
With Desmond`s daughter right ?

roostersrule2
04-25-2013, 03:54 AM
With Desmond`s daughter right ?Indeed.

pirate1802
04-25-2013, 03:59 AM
With Desmond`s daughter right ?

I like the sound of it.

roostersrule2
04-25-2013, 04:16 AM
I like the sound of it.He's 25 that would make her like 7 at the oldest, you seed.

hoodrat94
04-25-2013, 04:31 AM
He's 25 that would make her like 7 at the oldest, you seed.

With the apple anything is possible!

hoodrat94
04-25-2013, 04:33 AM
And by the way he gets the apple at the end of brotherhood!

pirate1802
04-25-2013, 04:50 AM
He's 25 that would make her like 7 at the oldest, you seed.

Obviously she is from the future.

I-Like-Pie45
04-25-2013, 04:54 AM
Obviously she is from the future.

Or an alternate reality.

Dag_B
04-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Or an alternate future.

And by the way he gets the apple at the end of brotherhood!
I think the point he does not realize yet is, that there is more than one apple.

ProletariatPleb
04-25-2013, 11:57 AM
At the end of the Tyranny of Washington dlc, after Washington and Connor return to the "normal world", Connor drops the apple into the ocean. Now, seeing as this isnt the alternate universe (which the dlc takes place in) anymore, that apple should have stayed at the bottom of the ocean. So how did Desmond get it? I have a vague memory of the story since I havn't played the main storyline in awhile and don't remember.
Yeahhhhhhh, because there are more apples not just 1. PieceS of Eden.

pacmanate
04-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Desmonds daughter is also his mother. I found that pretty weird.

Aphex_Tim
04-25-2013, 01:21 PM
All joking aside though :p
There's indeed more than one Apple of Eden. At the end of AC:Brotherhood, Desmond found the apple that Ezio hid away in the vault under the Colosseum.
Altair had another apple which he hid away in a vault under Masyaf.
It's not clear (yet) where Washington's Apple came from; for all we know it could be the same Apple that Altair hid away. Perhaps AC4 will shed more light on this!

PandaPuff86
04-25-2013, 02:09 PM
It's not clear (yet) where Washington's Apple came from; for all we know it could be the same Apple that Altair hid away. Perhaps AC4 will shed more light on this!

They already explained that in The Redemption, according to Washington, his officer arrested somebody and he doesn't remember his face. He held the apple but its origin is unknown.

Aphex_Tim
04-25-2013, 02:14 PM
but its origin is unknown.

That's what i meant.

waynedavies89
04-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Odds are The Apple will be in tied into AC4 somehow. Maybe Washington confronts Conner with it because his grandfather, Edward, had dealings with it?

Lets wait and see.....

pacmanate
04-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Odds are The Apple will be in tied into AC4 somehow. Maybe Washington confronts Conner with it because his grandfather, Edward, had dealings with it?

Lets wait and see.....

What? Washington said they found it on a guard or something in ToKW. And what are you on about Washington confronting Connor with the apple because of Edward? That makes 0 sense whatsoever.

Bastiaen
04-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Simple answer with no sarcastic bs.
I"m assuming that you haven't played all of the games, so I'll sum up.
There are many different Pieces of Eden (POEs).
One type of POE is an apple (the familiar spheres from the game).
There are at least several individual apples.
The apple that Connor drops into the ocean is not the same apple as the one that Desmond has (or even the same one that future presidents had, likely enough).
Altair, Ezio and Connor all handled different POEs, but I know it's kinda hard to keep track of them.
Here are bunches of pages for you to read about the Pieces of Eden:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/index.php?search=piece+of+eden&fulltext=Search

MasterSimaYi
04-26-2013, 10:15 AM

In the third Glyph from AC2, titled "Heritage", there is a code in the image of Franklin D. Roosevelt with the Apple of Eden that translates to "The Masons carried it across the sea. George Washington passed it on."

The ending of The Redemption seems to contradict this entirely. You can consider that General Charles Cornwallis, the commanding officer of the British Army at the Siege of Yorktown, is disputed to have been a Freemason, but there is no concrete evidence to indicate that he was one. As for "George Washington passed it on", that refers to Washington passing the Apple on to the other Presidents. You could say that 'Washington passed it on to Connor', but that doesn't take in regard that this code was from the Glyph "Heritage" in Roosevelt's image, with the underlining clue "Find his inheritance."

Maybe this was a different Apple entirely, but it wouldn't make much sense for the Freemasons to transport another Apple to the colonies, give it to Washington - who has no problems with it after being driven mad by the other Apple - and decides to pass it on to the other Presidents. I think that the writers just forgot all about this code, which I can understand, but they would need to explain how this Apple later winds up in the hands of Franklin D. Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy (as each of their Apples is signified as "Piece of Eden #3").

Locopells
04-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Well obviously it didn't stay at the bottom of the ocean. Like the One Ring, these things have a habit of getting themselves found again. Especially if Washington told/wrote about it...

MasterSimaYi
04-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Well obviously it didn't stay at the bottom of the ocean. Like the One Ring, these things have a habit of getting themselves found again. Especially if Washington told/wrote about it...

I didn't say it's still at the bottom of the ocean. (And it looked more like a bay, so it wouldn't be as deep as it would have been in the middle of the Atlantic. Easier to get back up to sea level.)

TripleR309
04-26-2013, 04:07 PM
Don't forget dem currents

pacmanate
04-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Don't forget dem currents

You have... 2 sigs...

Will_Lucky
04-26-2013, 04:53 PM

If I recall, the Third Apple came to the hands of FDR. So yes obviously it was plucked from the ocean at some time before 1940 most likely.

Locopells
04-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Isn't it the story of the Tin Solider where he end up back home (after being thrown in the sea) in the belly of a fish that ate him, then got caught?!

MasterSimaYi
04-26-2013, 07:33 PM
I suppose that when you think about it, the code may have meant that George Washington passed on the Apple, in the sense of not taking it, and that the Freemasons (in this case, strangly, Connor, given his strong alliance to them) carried it across the sea [to dump it]. The map (http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/0/07/ACII_Codex_Eagle_V.png) from AC2 shows a Piece of Eden being located in what could easily be Yorktown, Virginia. Washington noted having taken the Apple from an officer at the Siege of Yorktown, but strangely could not remember the officer's face. Was the officer an illusion created by the Apple, similar to the one in the ending? If so, what was the Apple's obsession with Washington? Oh well, guess it will remain a mystery for some time.