PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Radiator Damage Model

zugfuhrer
04-05-2004, 03:36 AM
I want the radiator damage model to be included in the damagemodel of all inline engines.
This would benefit the B&Z tactic.

Its a scarity because the radiatorarea is rather large.

Today you can shoot through wing and radiator/fuselage radiator and it wont damage the aircraft.

It is only the tiny oilcooler radiator that is included and it is so small so its like hitting the "bulls eye" in dart.

Perhaps it would be possible to choose between a realistic or hard damageprofile settings.

zugfuhrer
04-05-2004, 03:36 AM
I want the radiator damage model to be included in the damagemodel of all inline engines.
This would benefit the B&Z tactic.

Its a scarity because the radiatorarea is rather large.

Today you can shoot through wing and radiator/fuselage radiator and it wont damage the aircraft.

It is only the tiny oilcooler radiator that is included and it is so small so its like hitting the "bulls eye" in dart.

Perhaps it would be possible to choose between a realistic or hard damageprofile settings.

carguy_
04-05-2004, 03:53 AM
AFAIK it is modelled.How do you expect Me109F2 to bring down Sturmoviks,huh?

Radiator damage is showing as grey smoke.This smoke is rather large and it causes the engine to die rather quickly.

Bear in mind that the less intensive smoke is the oil pressure which eats less power than the rad damage.

http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/sig23d.jpg

zugfuhrer
04-05-2004, 04:25 PM
The sturmoviks oilcooler and some other planes oilcoolers are included in the damage profile.
Some hits in it and the engine starts to smoke.

The radiator is not.
Set your setting to arcade mode, and shoot some projectiles in the radiator hatch? of a Hurricane or a Lagg, they have their radiator under their main fuselage.

You can put many hits in it and it dont affect the engine. In RL the engine would loose cooling liquid and overheat within five minutes.
The Me109 got a switch where the pilot could turn of a damaged radiator.

I can send you a trackfile where a AI-Lagg got five hits 7 and 20mm in the radiator and the engine is not affected.