PDA

View Full Version : HOST MIGRATION IN PROGRESS!!!, again, and again, and again

FTHermit
04-24-2013, 02:00 AM
has any other people suffer from the same issue? When playing team deathmatch, in less than 2 minutes after you joined a game match, it shows "host migration in progress" and then all people left, the match force quit!! then i joined another match, same issue happened, 20 matches joined , 20 host migration and force quit!

Any one have suffered same from this issue? how did you solve it? or are you still suffering from it?

scorpiondrums
04-24-2013, 04:12 AM
I stopped playing co-op cause it's pooched. Decided to start playing matches instead...well got the same problem you're having...so now I don't even bother playing anymore...last post from me!!!

Good bye UBI ! It was fun while it lasted...which wasn't very long.

Vapor-FC3
04-24-2013, 06:44 AM
If you haven't done so already, be sure ports 9000-9005 are open for incoming UDP traffic on any lan/wan/route+firewall device you may have (like a linksys wireless router). That might explain some folks multiplayer issues, but coop at least if very sick these days and its not a matter of client side connectivity.

Since ubisoft doesn't confirm or deny anything, its hard to know for sure... but i think the game has a fallback way of connecting if those ports aren't open, but the fallback doesn't work very well. I say that because I was able to play prior to opening those ports on my router, but after opening those ports, games 'hosted' on my system went much more smoothly. Others didn't complain about lag anymore.

Ubisoft will tell you to open all manner of ports (so i need port 80 for incoming traffic, dont think so guys) or just turn off your firewall (and delete your localhosts file and nonsense) instead of being explicit and explaining what you really need to open... which is super frustrating if you ask me.

The arrangement they have for peer-to-peer player-hosted games is pretty slick imo, but they've gotta do some outreach to explain what's needed for that to work well. And some tools so players can 'test' their systems for connectivity requirements and tell you exactly which protocol/ports are problematic would really help a whole lot. Why isn't something like that just built into the game proper. A 'test connectivity' button in the vicinity of multiplayer / coop game launching?

FastShano
04-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Try to check your punkbuster is connected. Open files that Far Cry 3 is and open pb file then check that you are connecting to punkbuster.
This happen to myself after game crashed , checked it once and all good.

Floorsleepa
04-24-2013, 11:46 AM
Try to check your punkbuster is connected. Open files that Far Cry 3 is and open pb file then check that you are connecting to punkbuster.
This happen to myself after game crashed , checked it once and all good.

While that might be a good suggestion it is not the case here, PB is updated and still cannot join a game. Once again, I will say the game was running perfectly on my computer and friends as well. Since we all have different cpu's , graphic cards, live in different areas of the world.. Sweden, USA, Norway and so on and so on ... it is not your computer if it ran properly when you first installed your game, it is an issue with UPLAY itself. Somewhere along the line in an update someone forgot a code, misspelled a word, left out a keyboard stroke, that totally messed things up. I would like to note one thing, since I play via STEAM I went to verify my files, interestingly enough there is 1 file that needs to be re-aquired, yet it will not acquire it, perhaps UPLAY should look into this and determine what file is not verifying via STEAM.. it could be the source of our problem.

Floorsleepa
04-24-2013, 11:48 AM
Another note, even with that file not being acquired I was able to play yesterday for approx 5 hours straight. So its a lottery when it works and when it does'nt

Vapor-FC3
04-24-2013, 04:39 PM
> since I play via STEAM I went to verify my files, interestingly enough there is 1 file that needs to be re-acquired,

Another Steam user here. Same story here, one file fails the verification check. Also same story with off and on being able to play successfully despite that.

Begs the question, is this problem only happening for steam users?