PDA

View Full Version : Charles Lee racist ? not ? error ? *spoilers*

Assassin_M
04-23-2013, 12:46 AM
So i decided to FINALLY replay AC III again (some free time...YES) and I came across a very intriguing conversation between Lee and Haytham after he just arrives in Boston. It starts with them talking about the Colonies and such, but then haytham remarks on how the colonies are finally standing on their feet, to which Charles replies with..

"Feet awash in the blood of others, I'm afraid" that most likely is referring to the Natives. the entire conversation is very thought provoking actually, seeing as it`s coming out of Templar mouths, but that`s not the point; nonetheless, was the scene where Charles comes off as a Racist ***** necessary ? forget history and forget that he actually had children with a native woman, but that line up there is really contradicting to how we saw Charles...

thoughts ??

ArabianFrost
04-23-2013, 12:54 AM
Doesn't saying "I'm afraid" mean that he condemns he racism?

Assassin_M
04-23-2013, 12:57 AM
Doesn't saying "I'm afraid" mean that he condemns he racism?
Yes and that`s why it grabbed my thought...

ArabianFrost
04-23-2013, 01:03 AM
Yes and that`s why it grabbed my thought...

Then I'd have to.get back to Charles' speeches to give a proper answer. As far as I know, he might have been talking about the blacks in that respect seeing that they were the slaves and not the natives. The slaves are the ones that built America not the natives, which is why it was built on the blood of their labour .

Assassin_M
04-23-2013, 01:10 AM
Then I'd have to.get back to Charles' speeches to give a proper answer. As far as I know, he might have been talking about the blacks in that respect seeing that they were the slaves and not the natives. The slaves are the ones that built America not the natives, which is why it was built on the blood of their labour .
Well, the conversation continues like this..

Haytham: Ah, that's a story as old as time itself, and one that's not likely to change. We're cruel and desperate creatures, set in our conquering ways. The Saxons and the Franks, the Ottomans and the Safavids - I could go on for hours..

due to him talking about War, specifically mentioning warring factions and seeing as slavery did not really have much war (not in the classical sense anyway), i`d say he was talking about the Natives...

AdamPearce
04-23-2013, 02:38 AM
Maybe he was only disapointed that his nation used natives or slaves to build the contry. And not the fact itself. Like ''It's a shame we needed those savages to build our contry''.

?

Assassin_M
04-23-2013, 02:39 AM
Maybe he was only disapointed that his nation used natives or slaves to build the contry. And not the fact itself. Like ''It's a shame we needed those savages to build our contry''.

?
They never used the natives, on the contrary, they wanted to get rid of the natives and the context sounds VASTLY different from what you described...

SixKeys
04-23-2013, 02:42 AM
"Feet awash in the blood of others, I'm afraid" that most likely is referring to the Natives.

It could also be referring to the Regulars who lost their lives fighting against the colonists.

AdamPearce
04-23-2013, 02:45 AM
They never used the natives, on the contrary, they wanted to get rid of the natives and the context sounds VASTLY different from what you described...

Just a supposion. ;p

Assassin_M
04-23-2013, 02:45 AM
It could also be referring to the Regulars who lost their lives fighting against the colonists.
How is that ?? That line was LONG before the Revolution or even any conflict between the colonists and Britain..

Bastiaen
04-23-2013, 07:10 PM
How is that ?? That line was LONG before the Revolution or even any conflict between the colonists and Britain..

Ah, but it was during the conlict with the French.