PDA

View Full Version : What could make AC 4 Black Flag a real next gen revolution?

dandins
04-22-2013, 11:27 PM
i thought about this question, many times.

by playing all the AC titles over years , you see the evolution. it gets bigger, technical better, new great features, others get lost..

But it was never a real revolution. It was allways just a "better" AC 1.

Maybe the very specific multiplayer was some kind of revolution. some love it , others say its just a little fun for a short time.

I think the next gen revolution has to do something with multiplayer gaming. all the new social features, the net working , everyone is connected.

As the Tomb Raider Director said, multiplayer gaming was the second revolution after 2D/3D revolution.

My idea for a real next gen revolution for AC is not just a multiplayer feature - its a multiplayer mode.
The town populated by players, where they can walk around look out for friends to battle or compare and costumize their outfits.
it sounds like some sort of mmo, but it isnt. there no grinding, farming. the town is just like a open world Game Lobby where you look out for your next battle, meet friends, climping battles, running .. whatever. Or you just check out others new costumized stuff from others.
I can imagine so many things.. I hope you guys dont just bring a "better" AC Multiplayer.. this would be a step back.

Assassin_M
04-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Wait....Wait.....Wait....I think it`s comiiiiiing...Oppp, Sorry don't see it

I`m more of a SP guy and a Revolution is not to the confines of the MP

x___Luffy___x
04-22-2013, 11:48 PM
i think there are other games with these kind of features that you are describing .
im actually only intrested in the SP story of the AC.
i try the multiplayer only after finishing the SP.

dandins
04-24-2013, 06:56 AM
i dont know any other blockbuster game with a open world lobby, where you can do ship battles at the port or the typical round based AC fightes at the Pub. i just think the multiplayer feature needs a huge upgrade.

hoodrat94
04-24-2013, 07:41 AM
to be honest, they should ditch the multiplayer, and concentrate on just SP, it's only my opinion though. I would rather play a lengthy SP campaign than multiplayer. AC has always been about Single player. But it's not my decision to take.

ZeSpecter
04-24-2013, 08:01 AM
to be honest, they should ditch the multiplayer, and concentrate on just SP, it's only my opinion though. I would rather play a lengthy SP campaign than multiplayer. AC has always been about Single player. But it's not my decision to take.

AC multiplayer is getting more and more popular though. They've even been discussing AC multiplayer as an E-sport.

STDlyMcStudpants
04-24-2013, 08:12 AM
i thought about this question, many times.

by playing all the AC titles over years , you see the evolution. it gets bigger, technical better, new great features, others get lost..

But it was never a real revolution. It was allways just a "better" AC 1..

You must have not played AC 3.....
That game is far more than just a better AC 1...AC 3 makes AC 1 look like early ps2 in terms of both game play and graphics..
In my opinion I dont think black flag will even be as beautiful as AC 3 was.
There will be a bit more to do and it will have a larger map..but from what ive seen so far, nothing has taken my breath away in the way that AC 3 did at its time of announcement.
As far as multiplayer is concerned...its an alright time killer and adds 1 to 2 weeks to the games life (depending on the trophies requirements)..but thats about it...in fact I'd venture to say that 80% wouldnt even play multiplayer if there werent trophies for doing so..
It's just not fun, I'd much rather have 10 hours added to my characters development...BUT if it doesnt take time away from the actual game (a completely separate team works on it), then why not..throw it on if you have to lol

Sushiglutton
04-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Realistic fire. Realistic liquids (blood, water, kerosene). Wind affecting arrows, clothes, grass, leaves etc in real time. Objects breaking naturally. Picking up and combining objects into simple tools. Using the enviroment to assassinate. More objects to manipulate. Believable AI. Crowds behaving more like a group of individuals.