PDA

View Full Version : Something I want to see in future AC games

pacmanate
04-22-2013, 07:51 PM
Just had this thought now, and it comes from The Amazing Spider-Man game. Yes I know, hear me out...

1. So I was thinking, how awesome would it be, if that when in combat and you got hit with a sword, your clothes actually ripped. Basically the character model will show rips in clothing and blood starts to appear in places. Obviously there will be an "end" point to this damage to the clothes, but I think it would be a nice cosmetic addition. When your clothes are ripped/damaged they stay like that, PERMANENTLY FOREVER, that is, until you go back to a "safehouse" to change clothes, or to a tailor to pay for new clothes.

2. The more you are damaged, the more it affects character movement, but only in some instances. For example, say you are really damaged, got hit like 6 times, clothes ripped, blood stained. Edward (as an example) could change stance and slouch over with his weapon draping on the floor, and when you counter he will stumble back or groan. When free running away in this state the run will be different, you will still go at the same speed, but the animation will give the illusion of struggle.

Thoughts? Would you guys welcome something like this?

pacmanate
04-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Really no one wants these?!

Soulid_Snake
04-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Both points do actually sound pretty cool. Smaller details like these do make games just that bit better, if guards saw you cut up, it may draw their attention to you, when they usually would have ignored you. One thing that does worry me about next gen is devs favouring visuals over gameplay.

As for the second point, a change in the animation should not only have aesthetic value. If Eddy has taken quite a beating, the combat itself should become more challenging, maybe this way AC games will be more of a challenge.

pirate1802
04-22-2013, 09:13 PM
The second one (changed stance) actually is in there but for enemies. I'd like to see my character similarly affected. Nice stuff these, would add more immersion.

Sushiglutton
04-22-2013, 09:23 PM
First one I dislike sorry :(. Imo you should avoid to force the player to do repetetive tasks for no good reason. In this case running back to base after a number of skirmishes just to fix the clothes. It's tedious. Second one I think would be real cool (assuming it auto healed after awhile). However it would be a lot of work as they would need to double many of the animations.

pacmanate
04-22-2013, 09:25 PM
First one I dislike sorry :(. Imo you should avoid to force the player to do repetetive tasks for no good reason. In this case running back to base after a number of skirmishes just to fix the clothes. It's tedious. Second one I think would be real cool (assuming it auto healed after awhile). However it would be a lot of work as they would need to double many of the animations.

Well you don't have to change your clothes, you could leave them ripped. As for the second point, it would heal automatically over time, or with medicine if they incorporated that again. And yes a lot of work would be needed for the animations :P

Sushiglutton
04-22-2013, 09:52 PM
Well you don't have to change your clothes, you could leave them ripped. As for the second point, it would heal automatically over time, or with medicine if they incorporated that again. And yes a lot of work would be needed for the animations :P

Yeah but I guess most players don't want to run around with ripped clothes. It would feel a bit like a stone in your shoe. I just think you should try to avoid wasting the players time with pointless stuff. Obv that's just what I prefer, and others may feel differently.

ArabianFrost
04-22-2013, 10:00 PM
I think ot would be a good incentive to get people to fight clean and make combat more tense, but it would be annoying after a while. Maybe if they can strike a balance so it isn't much of a nuisance , the I would agree

x___Luffy___x
04-22-2013, 11:37 PM
they should make the player damage more real like. its way too easy once you get the hang of it , no challenge in the fight at all.
it may be good if they just remove the health meter and keep the fighting more realistic. and if you take lets say two hits then your movement also slows down and it physically shows in your movements that you are hurt.
maybe make it like if you get shot twice and unable to take a meat shield ,you die.
the AI is not good at fighting , even if they attack in numbers. i think its the player they should make little more responsive to damage..
thats what i think.. maybe someone agrees with me maybe not.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-22-2013, 11:41 PM
This was already implemented in the first sequence of ACR wen Ezio was thrown from the bridge, seeing this as a permanent aspect would be pretty good tho

rob.davies2014
04-23-2013, 01:35 AM
I'd like it if it had an impact on Notoriety/Stealth.
e.g. you couldn't blend in a group of people if your clothes were all worn and guards would notice you more.
It would encourage you to fight flawlessly. Atm it's not a problem to take a few hits in combat and so not very scary.

projectpat06
04-23-2013, 02:00 AM
I like this. Something to the extent of the damage seen to Batman in the Arkham games, but have the option to reset the assassin robes. It honestly won't be that tedious if we can get a fresh pair of robes from the ship. Come to think of it, I wonder how they will deal with ship damage. Obviously we will see cosmetic damage during battles so I'm curious how they will go about repairing the ship's damage or if it will just magically repair itself.

As for the damage done to edward affecting his abilities to fight and climb, I'm all for it if it can be done right. More of a challenge is always fun

Bastiaen
04-23-2013, 07:16 PM
I think this wouild add a new layer of interesting immersion to the game. I think it should be primarilty an aesthetic/ narrative feature. It would kill the fun to have your character unable to function.
I think we should try to avoid tedium though. So we shouldn't be running aroung constantly trying to reset our damage. That would be horrible.
Ugh. Like notoriety management. That's what my recruits should have been used for.

Bashilir
04-24-2013, 12:47 AM
No ripping clothes please. Going to a base to reset clothes seems rather pointless.

nunosilva13
04-24-2013, 01:47 PM
I think this wouild add a new layer of interesting immersion to the game. I think it should be primarilty an aesthetic/ narrative feature. It would kill the fun to have your character unable to function.
I think we should try to avoid tedium though. So we shouldn't be running aroung constantly trying to reset our damage. That would be horrible.
Ugh. Like notoriety management. That's what my recruits should have been used for.

Well, a easy way to fix the tedium would be to insta regen if you enter a haystack (or something that hides u completly) while not in combat.... It would be much faster!