PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on what will happen at the end of The Redemption?

CalledChip4200
04-22-2013, 12:46 AM
Curious.

I-Like-Pie45
04-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Connor will wake up and in spite of the mental scarring that the Tyranny has left him, Connor resolves to continue fighting for the Assassins. Hopefully this will start to play in the final cutscene or over the credits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU

Then we get some sort of hint for Black Flag or Modern Day.

hoodrat94
04-22-2013, 03:50 AM
I will tell you whats going to happen, Le Connor will fight Massare Washington, and then some stuff will hapen! Whole computer screen will glow and boom! They come back to reality, and looks like connor and Big W(ashington) was dreaming together. They hug each other saying "Holy c***, that's one hell of a weird dream!" And they live happily everafter in Big W's castle, until one day, connor tries to test his eagle power from a cliff, and he forgot that he didn't have one in real life, he jumps and dies! (SPOILER ALERT)!!

Will_Lucky
04-22-2013, 03:52 AM
I will tell you whats going to happen, Le Connor will fight Massare Washington, and then some stuff will hapen! Whole computer screen will glow and boom! They come back to reality, and looks like connor and Big W(ashington) was dreaming together. They hug each other saying "Holy c***, that's one hell of a weird dream!" And they live happily everafter in Big W's castle, until one day, connor tries to test his eagle power from a cliff, and he forgot that he didn't have one in real life, he jumps and dies! (SPOILER ALERT)!!

....you have no idea....

hoodrat94
04-22-2013, 04:06 AM
....you have no idea....

but,but it's the most logical ending! ;)

rileypoole1234
04-22-2013, 04:36 AM
I think it'd be cool if Washington bested Connor in a one on one (yes I know, Washington wouldn't beat Connor in a fight) and right as Washington is about to stab or shoot Connor, he wakes up. Or they could even take it as far as to have Washington Assassinate Connor, and when dies he actually wakes up.

Or of course they could go with having Connor be the Assassin he is and go in for the kill and then wake up. I think a mention of Edward somewhere would be really cool too.

GunnarGunderson
04-22-2013, 04:41 AM
Washington will renounce his evilness because Ubisoft doesn't have the kohones to kill him off, even in an alternate non-canon story

pirate1802
04-22-2013, 05:33 AM

Best ending EVER!

Assassin_M
04-22-2013, 05:41 AM
I don't know how it`ll end, but I know one thing for certain.......No one`ll like it

Aphex_Tim
04-22-2013, 05:42 AM
Or they could even take it as far as to have Washington Assassinate Connor, and when dies he actually wakes up.

Remember how Washington POE Slapped Connor, shot him twice at close range, stabbed him in the chest with a musket, then shot him again with said musket, all within one minute and Connor still miraculously survived? I don't think Washington killing Connor will work this time....

Also, i'm really hoping for a Connor - Charles Lee alliance!

poptartz20
04-22-2013, 06:00 AM
I don't know how it`ll end, but I know one thing for certain.......No one`ll like it
This is the best answer so far. Nobody likes anything AC does anymore : ( lol.

For me on the other hand, personally I'll just be happy if we see Haytham on more time. Than Connor's final speech.

Hope it's good though... Come to think of it I still need to finish part 2. Haha.

Aphex_Tim
04-22-2013, 06:07 AM
This is the best answer so far. Nobody likes anything AC does anymore : ( lol.

Does that mean I'm nobody? :(
*sits in a corner*

Assassin_M
04-22-2013, 06:11 AM
*sits in a corner*
brush my legs

VitaminsXYZ
04-22-2013, 06:23 AM
If anything it'll probably just be anti-climatic. And honestly I'm not sure how else it could be, seeing as how this is all most likely a dream.

poptartz20
04-22-2013, 06:24 AM
*sits in a corner*

Who are you again?

Lol, just messing with you Fin..wait, Dim, Sim... well whatever it was You had a good Idea too. *pat on the head* Scurry along. :D

Hahah! No I do like the idea of a Charles Connor alliance but I'm not sure if it will happen. I do wonder where all the Templars have been this whole time. At the end of the day I still have to agree with M the most. Nobody will like it except for a few. : / or people will find some way to complain about it. This installment in the series never stands a chance with anything. Ha!

ZeldaEmblem
04-22-2013, 06:53 AM
Just watched the ending. It was ... meh...

I expected it to be more satisfying, that's all I can say (I don't want to give you spoilers).

Assassin_M
04-22-2013, 06:57 AM
see ?

ZeldaEmblem
04-22-2013, 07:47 AM
^i can't wait to see how other people react

Assassin_M
04-22-2013, 07:53 AM
^i can't wait to see how other people react
Most probably the same way you did. It`s inevitable..

Which makes me more certain that no matter how much better AC BF MAY be, it`ll still get crap...crap...crap...This DLC is the prologue..

roostersrule2
04-22-2013, 08:56 AM
Most probably the same way you did. It`s inevitable..

Which makes me more certain that no matter how much better AC BF MAY be, it`ll still get crap...crap...crap...This DLC is the prologue..That would make it the first prologue to be set after the story.

catkiller97
04-22-2013, 09:37 AM
i liked the ending..

pirate1802
04-22-2013, 09:48 AM
i liked the ending..

Is there anything AC-related that you don't like? :rolleyes:

catkiller97
04-22-2013, 09:51 AM
:P now people will start calling me fanboy :p

ArabianFrost
04-22-2013, 09:51 AM

I expected it to be more satisfying, that's all I can say (I don't want to give you spoilers).

Can you link me to the video? Can't seem to find crap on YT

Tell you what, don't. Just found it using google. Youtube as a search engine is worthless.

Aphex_Tim
04-22-2013, 09:52 AM
How has everyone seen the ending already?
Guess I'll have to tread carefully on these forums for the next couple of days to avoid spoilers...

ArabianFrost
04-22-2013, 10:12 AM
I watched the ending and without spoilering anything, this DLC didn't give away how his series may be directed in the future. Pretty much the word "Non-canon" that they used to describe it with perfectly applies.

TheUnderTaker9
04-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Connor mentions Edward Kenway somewhere in the beginning.

Aphex_Tim
04-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Spoilery stuff

Lukcily I already knew that but you shouldn't post spoilers.

x___Luffy___x
04-22-2013, 11:14 AM
just saw the ending on youtube.. it was ok.

CalledChip4200
04-22-2013, 02:38 PM
just saw the ending on youtube.. it was ok.

This is the most seductive post I've ever read in my life.
So tempted to google the ending

CalledChip4200
04-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Also, i'm really hoping for a Connor - Charles Lee alliance!

The way they shared that last drink before Connor stabbed him, they so could've been good chums :(

TheOnlyEzio
04-22-2013, 03:00 PM
I liked the ending for tokw, it gave a hint at the AC4 modern day,

pirate1802
04-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Just watched the ending....... it was mostly what we had speculated. No twists or anything.

x___Luffy___x
04-22-2013, 03:37 PM
This is the most seductive post I've ever read in my life.
So tempted to google the ending

why the sarcasm ??

pacmanate
04-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Well we won't kill Washington thats almost certain in my books seeing as this DLC about Washington even BEING evil was bashed about.

That said, Connor will wake up just as he is about to die and he will be cuddling with Washington and his "apple".... and Staff...

CalledChip4200
04-22-2013, 03:45 PM
why the sarcasm ??

Sorry I didn't mean any sarcasm. I legitimately want to google the ending

x___Luffy___x
04-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Sorry I didn't mean any sarcasm. I legitimately want to google the ending

its ok then. i misunderstood

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-22-2013, 04:21 PM
CONNER'S GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!! Thats why he isnt gettin another game lol

CalledChip4200
04-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Connor will wake up and in spite of the mental scarring that the Tyranny has left him, Connor resolves to continue fighting for the Assassins. Hopefully this will start to play in the final cutscene or over the credits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU

Then we get some sort of hint for Black Flag or Modern Day.

Deleted scene?! What a waste of an epic speech. It would be nice to see it at the end of Tyranny

Kaschra
04-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Well, speaking of the ending...
To put it in Haytham's word:
I expected... more :/

pacmanate
04-22-2013, 04:40 PM
You guys really watch the ending to spoil it for yourself?

Also, you expected a good ending? AC3 already had the worst ending ever. Also dont ruin the ending for me, I want to play it.

ACfan443
04-22-2013, 04:58 PM
What the hell? I don't get it with you people, if you look at the ending as a WHOLE, it's good, far better than and a stark contrast to AC3's 'let's walk through a glowy blue door, stroke a disco ball and proceed to drop dead'

There's an actual lead up, you have a puzzle, platforming, cutscenes and a final boss. It's lengthy and decent and I like it.

VitaminsXYZ
04-22-2013, 05:05 PM
What the hell? I don't get it with you people, if you look at the ending as a WHOLE, it's good, far better than and a stark contrast to AC3's 'let's walk through a glowy blue door, stroke a disco ball and proceed to drop dead'

Okay, that made me laugh. xD

Anyways, I'll see how I feel about the ending when I finally play it. Again, I know it'll probably be anti-climatic, but I'm okay with that. As long as the episode as a whole is good.

CalledChip4200
04-22-2013, 05:19 PM

Also, you expected a good ending? AC3 already had the worst ending ever. Also dont ruin the ending for me, I want to play it.

It's on the internet and it is there and it is free... so it's very tempting. I don't want the ending to be ruined either :(

ArabianFrost
04-22-2013, 05:24 PM
The AC4 devs said there won't be any cliffhangers or anything of the sort with AC4's ending and that the ending to AC4 is "satisfying". If TOKGW's ending is what they call "satisfying", then I don't expect AC4's finale to be a good one at all.

TheOnlyEzio
04-22-2013, 05:25 PM

I honestly don't mind watching it on youtube..

SixKeys
04-22-2013, 05:30 PM
The AC4 devs said there won't be any cliffhangers or anything of the sort with AC4's ending and that the ending to AC4 is "satisfying". If TOKGW's ending is what they call "satisfying", then I don't expect AC4's finale to be a good one at all.

That's exactly what they said about AC3. I don't buy anything the devs say about the plot anymore.

TheOnlyEzio
04-22-2013, 05:42 PM
That's exactly what they said about AC3. I don't buy anything the devs say about the plot anymore.

Pretty much. I refuse to believe that the dev's even care about what we think. Seriously, how they even believe that these endings are anything better than average just shows how blind they really are. I mean, they seem so set on making changes to the naval combat, making it so good.. but they can't deliver a simple coherent story that will make us happy.

Kaschra
04-22-2013, 05:45 PM

Because I didn't buy any of the TOKW DLCs, but want to know the story?

ArabianFrost
04-22-2013, 05:49 PM

Well, the AC3 guys never said anything about the absence of cliffhangers. The guys at AC4 said there won't be any cliffhangers and that it will be satisfying, so at least we know the ending may be horrid, but at the same time, it won't have any cliffhangers like AC3. Basically, the ending you got with TOKGW is a small taste of what we will get with AC4. A big fat bowl of mediocrity and lack of cliffhangers. Just trying to conjure a possible result from the leads. Also, I have hope for the new guys. Apart from the tree-running incident, I like their mindset so far.

lothario-da-be
04-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Why is it on the internet before release?

SixKeys
04-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Why is it on the internet before release?

Leak.

lothario-da-be
04-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Leak.
But how can full playthroughs leak? Are those guys reviewers?

TheOnlyEzio
04-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Well, the AC3 guys never said anything about the absence of cliffhangers. The guys at AC4 said there won't be any cliffhangers and that it will be satisfying, so at least we know the ending may be horrid, but at the same time, it won't have any cliffhangers like AC3. Basically, the ending you got with TOKGW is a small taste of what we will get with AC4. A big fat bowl of mediocrity and lack of cliffhangers. Just trying to conjure a possible result from the leads. Also, I have hope for the new guys. Apart from the tree-running incident, I like their mindset so far.

That's a big claim to say that the ending will be satisfying like tokw, who knows, this new creative dev could change a few things..

ArabianFrost
04-22-2013, 06:02 PM
That's a big claim to say that the ending will be satisfying like tokw, who knows, this new creative dev could change a few things..

In my previous post, I put satisfying under quotations mark. I never said it would actually be fulfilling, just that it would be similar to TOKGW. Anyway, these are not solid assumptions, they are merely deductions made from trying to read between the lines. If you compare statements of different dev teams, you may eventually understand how the end product will be.

x___Luffy___x
04-22-2013, 06:16 PM
But how can full playthroughs leak? Are those guys reviewers?

probably pirates with their pirated copy of the game.

pirate1802
04-22-2013, 06:20 PM
probably pirates with their pirated copy of the game.

I plead not guilty.

TheOnlyEzio
04-22-2013, 06:53 PM
In my previous post, I put satisfying under quotations mark. I never said it would actually be fulfilling, just that it would be similar to TOKGW. Anyway, these are not solid assumptions, they are merely deductions made from trying to read between the lines. If you compare statements of different dev teams, you may eventually understand how the end product will be.

Just re-read your post, there was no quotation marks. "I never said it would actually be fulfilling, just that it would be similar to TOkW", "these are not solid assumptions". Dunno man, that's a pretty big assumption you just made. You can't exactly say that, the devs may have said it will be satisfying, but what is his definition of satisfying? after all, this a new dev, a new vision of what they want in this AC game. Look at what patrice did in the first 3 games, then look at what hutchinson did.. I think you're not really giving it a chance, you could be surprised after all.

CptPakundo
04-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Well, I saw the ending.
Nothing remarkable, just a reaffirmation of the characters the way we know 'em, and just as quickly as this DLC's alternate universe started, it ended.
So that's that.

ACfan443
04-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Well, the AC3 guys never said anything about the absence of cliffhangers.

Actually they did. Corey May said in an interview "you won't get a massive insane-o cliffhanger like the before"

pacmanate
04-22-2013, 07:38 PM
because i didn't buy any of the tokw dlcs, but want to know the story?

stop being cheap.

Assassin_M
04-22-2013, 07:57 PM
People probably just wanted something unexpected...I didn't see it, but it`s most likely what most of us predicted...a mostly 'happy ending' kind of thing....and oh no no how dare they end it the way we thought it would end ?? Blasphemy -_-

"WE WANT MORE" - a bunch of children...not you guys of course..Nyah Nyah Nyah ehm...

Kaschra
04-22-2013, 07:59 PM
stop being cheap.
Uhm, excuse me? I don't want to spend 30 Euro for three freaking DLCs.

pacmanate
04-22-2013, 08:02 PM

Pftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt t I was messing.

lothario-da-be
04-22-2013, 08:22 PM
This, i spend over 700€ on ac stuff but didn't bought 1 dlc, but i do watch them.

pirate1802
04-22-2013, 08:53 PM
People probably just wanted something unexpected...I didn't see it, but it`s most likely what most of us predicted...a mostly 'happy ending' kind of thing....and oh no no how dare they end it the way we thought it would end ?? Blasphemy -_-

"WE WANT MORE" - a bunch of children...not you guys of course..Nyah Nyah Nyah ehm...

It was the polar opposite of AC3's ending. Totally predictable, kinda-happy ending.. and yet.. I guess they are yet to find a middle ground.

A great example of an unexpected but well-done non-happy ending would be Spec Ops The Line.

lothario-da-be
04-22-2013, 08:59 PM
It was the polar opposite of AC3's ending. Totally predictable, kinda-happy ending.. and yet.. I guess they are yet to find a middle ground.

A great example of an unexpected but well-done non-happy ending would be Spec Ops The Line.
Is the ending good? I watched episode 3 almost completly, only 30 minutes to go.But i have to sleep now :(

ArabianFrost
04-22-2013, 09:05 PM

Writing rules 101, don't make an predictable ending from half a mile.

pirate1802
04-22-2013, 09:08 PM
Is the ending good? I watched episode 3 almost completly, only 30 minutes to go.But i have to sleep now :(

See fur yourself mate. :D

CptPakundo
04-22-2013, 09:11 PM
I actually think the video bits of main timeline where Connor's at the bonfire should actually NOT have been in episodes 1 and 2, and the video itself should've been shown right before the ending of part 3.
That way you couldn't have much to go on when it comes to predicting what's really going on.

Assassin_M
04-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Writing rules 101, don't make an predictable ending from half a mile.
But making an unpredictable ending just for the sake of isn't going to help either....something that`s predictable does not necessarily equal mediocrity

pirate1802
04-22-2013, 09:19 PM
something that`s predictable does not necessarily equal mediocrity

This is true. It all depends upon the execution. A properly executed predictable ending is better than a poorly executed unpredictable ending.

Assassin_M
04-22-2013, 09:24 PM
This is true. It all depends upon the execution. A properly executed predictable ending is better than a poorly executed unpredictable ending.
Indeed....i`ll watch and judge come release day

pirate1802
04-22-2013, 09:27 PM
For example, more recently.. Tomb Raider. Anyone could have seen the ending coming miles away. Yet when I finished the game I felt satisfied to the core.

ArabianFrost
04-22-2013, 09:55 PM

With TOKGW, wasn't horrible, but I think it was certainly marred by the fact that people expected too much. The guys that wanted Haytham and those who wanted Lee to appear, that's not to mention the alternative history was in parallel with the "real" historical aspect, so it made it even more difficult to execute one that is both logical and unforeseen. Maybe it wasn't the writing, but the choice of a very constrictive canon, which dictated that both universes must be interconnected in a way.

Assassin_M
04-22-2013, 09:59 PM
With TOKGW, wasn't horrible, but I think it was certainly marred by the fact that people expected too much. The guys that wanted Haytham and those who wanted Lee to appear, that's not to mention the alternative history was in parallel with the "real" historical aspect, so it made it even more difficult to execute one that is both logical and unforeseen. Maybe it wasn't the writing, but the choice of a very constrictive canon, which dictated that both universes must be interconnected in a way.
So Haytham and Lee do not appear :|

That`s certainly not going to shape my entire view of the DLC...so what ?? What I wanted, I did not get.....I`ll look at what they give me and give an unbiased judgement...

nitres15
04-22-2013, 10:02 PM
i just watched the ending, i liked it(i havenīt watched the rest of the playthrough though, i wanna experience that for myself)

ArabianFrost
04-22-2013, 10:06 PM
So Haytham and Lee do not appear :|

That`s certainly not going to shape my entire view of the DLC...so what ?? What I wanted, I did not get.....I`ll look at what they give me and give an unbiased judgement...

It goes beyond these 2 points. Just don't blame the writing(entirely), blame the choice of canons. I'll be waiting to hear your 2 cents on the subject and maybe even have a more open convo with the rest of the guys

Assassin_M
04-22-2013, 10:08 PM
It goes beyond these 2 points. Just don't blame the writing, blame the choice of canons. I'll be waiting to hear your 2 cents on the subject
I probably wont even blame that. They certainly pushed the limits of canon in this DLC, if they decided to stick with SOME of the very few canon lines still remaining, I wont be too ******...

FirestarLuva
04-22-2013, 10:24 PM
I watched the third episode. I loved it as much as the other two. The uploader even gave it the highest score out of all the episodes, and gave TOKW a 8.5 out of 10 rating. He also said the final fight was amazing, which I agree on.
I think the devs delivered everything they promised with this DLC. New story, new side of Connor, a satisfying ending. I liked it because everything that happened in the alternative universe was resolved in the last episode, no cliffhangers, so it won't make you go 'what? I don't get it. What about....?"
Even if those people who expected certain things to happen in the last episode will be disappointed, at least the creators fulfilled one thing they said about Connor; the conflict between Connor/Ratonhnhake:ton and the consequences of drinking the tea. But it's not slapped in your face, you have to look for it between the lines, the characters conversations. There's a rift in Connor in trying to maintain his sanity and it eventually reaches its peak in the final battle. The final scene in the alternative universe with the apple/throne and Connor/Ratonhnhake:ton sums that up. People who watched it will know what scene I meant. This struggle has the potential to be even more explored and I'm sure it will make for an interesting story in future games/short movies.
For me, TOKW ends in that way that makes you wish it didn't end where and when it did. This made me even more eager for another Connor game with the potential stories they can make in exploring the rift between Connor's good and dark side even more.
P.S. I love how Ziio, even though killed off in the first 15 minutes of The Infamy still stayed and important character throughout all three episodes. :3

SixKeys
04-22-2013, 10:47 PM
So, did they give an explanation for the crazy-*** mystical powers that somehow exist in this alternate universe? I'm still holding out hope that this "it was all a dream" means just that: a dream where even the weirdest things can happen and in no way could ever happen in RL. If they don't give any sort of explanation for Connor's mystic animal powers, I call BS on this whole thing.

Assassin_M
04-22-2013, 10:53 PM
So, did they give an explanation for the crazy-*** mystical powers that somehow exist in this alternate universe? I'm still holding out hope that this "it was all a dream" means just that: a dream where even the weirdest things can happen and in no way could ever happen in RL. If they don't give any sort of explanation for Connor's mystic animal powers, I call BS on this whole thing.
lol you`ll call BS either way :rolleyes:

SixKeys
04-22-2013, 11:03 PM
lol you`ll call BS either way :rolleyes:

Probably, but I still want to know.

ZeldaEmblem
04-22-2013, 11:06 PM
spoilers

no, they didn't explain how Connor gets the mystic animal powers, as far as my knowledge goes :|

Assassin_M
04-22-2013, 11:07 PM
SNAP
DAMMIT SPOILERS !!!! -_-

What the hell ?? everyone is going around like it`s released already -_-

ZeldaEmblem
04-22-2013, 11:09 PM
^ OOPS sorry it's already 23rd in my place :| so i thought it is released already (i freakin forgot about time difference)

SixKeys
04-22-2013, 11:12 PM
no, they didn't explain how Connor gets the mystic animal powers, as far as my knowledge goes :|

What utter BS. I can buy the Pieces of Eden because the series' lore is still firmly grounded in reality and the PoEs are just explained as highly advanced technology. But the animal powers are just plain Harry Potter-style magic.

DAMMIT SPOILERS !!!! -_-

What the hell ?? everyone is going around like it`s released already -_-

Well, you can expect there to be spoilers in a thread regarding the last episode now that everyone knows it's leaked. If you don't want to risk seeing any, I suggest you stop reading the thread (or create a new one with a "no spoilers please" warning in the title).

Assassin_M
04-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Well, you can expect there to be spoilers in a thread regarding the last episode now that everyone knows it's leaked. If you don't want to risk seeing any, I suggest you stop reading the thread (or create a new one with a "no spoilers please" warning in the title).
A thread that asks about what people THINK HAPPENS AT THE END is off-limits for people not wanting spoilers ? sounds legit....yeah sure

SixKeys
04-22-2013, 11:57 PM
A thread that asks about what people THINK HAPPENS AT THE END is off-limits for people not wanting spoilers ? sounds legit....yeah sure

For the last 5 pages or so people have been talking about "yeah, I saw the ending and here's what I think of it". NOW you suddenly have a problem with spoilers? When AC games have been leaked prior to the release date before, I know better than to surf the forums if I want to stay spoiler-free. As soon as I see someone saying "hey, the game is already out, I thought the ending was...", I stop reading until the proper release date.

Assassin_M
04-22-2013, 11:58 PM
For the last 5 pages or so people have been talking about "yeah, I saw the ending and here's what I think of it". NOW you suddenly have a problem with spoilers? When AC games have been leaked prior to the release date before, I know better than to surf the forums if I want to stay spoiler-free. As soon as I see someone saying "hey, the game is already out, I thought the ending was...", I stop reading until the proper release date.
Yeah, people said they saw the ending and gave thoughts about it, not mention something that the ending showed or did not show jeez -_-