PDA

View Full Version : Game forums

lothario-da-be
04-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Are game forums a place for nerds and game freaks/no-livers? I told a fellow game fanatic that i joined the ac forums and he looked at me like wtf dude, you have no friends? He said that i waisted my time here.Your thoughts about this?And game forums in general.

roostersrule2
04-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Not really I'm not a nerd I have a life I just enjoy AC and this is my place to discuss it.

jayjay275
04-21-2013, 04:30 PM
I would say people could say it is nerdy or sad, but people enjoy gaming and this related to gaming so that is that really.

pirate1802
04-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Not really I'm not a nerd I have a life I just enjoy AC and this is my place to discuss it.

^Dis.

lothario-da-be
04-21-2013, 04:41 PM
True, but i can understand that outsiders think differint about that.

rob.davies2014
04-21-2013, 04:54 PM
I would say I have a life, I go out a lot and have fun with my friends but I'd also say I was a nerd when it comes to AC. I don't think they're mutually exclusive and I don't think it's something to be ashamed of.

poptartz20
04-21-2013, 09:02 PM

I think you said it best... Everyone had their muse and everybody has their outlet for it especially if others don't share that joy and passion in what they do, may it be antique collecting, knitting, recycling, etc. Doesn't mean you don't have a life. I joined these forums so that I could talk about AC with other people who enjoy the games and the series like me! Which to this day I'm glad I did!

Black_Widow9
04-21-2013, 09:16 PM
I think you said it best... Everyone had their muse and everybody has their outlet for it especially if others don't share that joy and passion in what they do, may it be antique collecting, knitting, recycling, etc. Doesn't mean you don't have a life. I joined these forums so that I could talk about AC with other people who enjoy the games and the series like me! Which to this day I'm glad I did!
Agreed.

It is also a great opportunity for in-depth conversation about a game that can be virtually impossible amongst people who don't play certain games or don't play games at all. Plus you get a chance to meet others who share your passion and enthusiasm for something you love.

Also, if it wasn't for you guys I'd be out of a job. lol :p

Sushiglutton
04-21-2013, 10:38 PM
I dunno I guess it's a bit odd to talk about the same franchise day in and day out lol. AC is a fun one to discuss because it's so amazing in some ways and so awful in others that even an amateur can notice it. It's also incredibly rich in terms of scope and content. All things are best done in moderation and I have probably spent more times on these boards the last couple of months than I should have. Oh well there's a time for everything :).

Assassin_M
04-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Is this person your friend ?:)

NekoKera
04-21-2013, 11:47 PM
no-livers
I am 98.2% sure that I have a liver. ... I think. All that other stuff is true. :cool:

EscoBlades
04-22-2013, 12:21 AM
You get out what you put in. Forums are great when used properly. As with all things, moderation and balance are key.

A place to discuss all manner of things with like minded individuals, some of whom are thousands of miles away geographically, is a good thing in my opinion.

Gi1t
04-22-2013, 12:25 AM
In an age where most everyone spends their life wired to facebook and tweeting the most pointless **** they can think of, being on a game forum can hardly be considered unusual. People 'geek' about a lot more than just games, yet they still try to pretend that there's a difference between being a fan of something more 'mainstream' like a popular TV show and being a fan of games. This, however, is merely a delusion.

Tully__
04-22-2013, 05:24 AM
For those interested in niche games who may not have any fellow fans in their area or circle of friends, forums are a godsend as they may be the only way to connect with other players.

For the more popular games they're a way for the community to maintain a general focus and for the developers to keep in touch with the community. While many people may choose to game with RL friends, there are still times when the group may not be able to solve an issue or find competition without resorting to an online community such as a forum.

pirate1802
04-22-2013, 05:31 AM
For those interested in niche games who may not have any fellow fans in their area or circle of friends, forums are a godsend as they may be the only way to connect with other players.

Like me. :(

Assassin_M
04-22-2013, 05:31 AM
In an age where most everyone spends their life wired to facebook and tweeting the most pointless **** they can think of, being on a game forum can hardly be considered unusual. People 'geek' about a lot more than just games, yet they still try to pretend that there's a difference between being a fan of something more 'mainstream' like a popular TV show and being a fan of games. This, however, is merely a delusion.
I like this answer best mmmmmmmmmmmm

TinyTemplar
04-22-2013, 05:49 AM
Are game forums a place for nerds and game freaks/no-livers? I told a fellow game fanatic that i joined the ac forums and he looked at me like wtf dude, you have no friends? He said that i waisted my time here.

Why do you even care?

lothario-da-be
04-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Why do you even care?
I don't care what he says, but i liked to know what you guys thought about it.

SixKeys
04-22-2013, 05:56 PM
These forums are the best place for AC-related news. Any interesting articles and screenshots always get linked here as soon as they're out so I don't have to go digging for them. Plus I enjoy discussing the games with other fans, especially when it comes to the more philosophical aspects of the story.

TinyTemplar
04-22-2013, 06:24 PM
I don't care what he says, but i liked to know what you guys thought about it.

Okay then. Ubisoft forum is the most comfortable way for me to get information about their games (my favorite company, what can I say). You always can find here the last news and even some interesting thoughts that can change your whole attitude to a certain game. You just can't reach such level of information exchange among your friends in "real life" (of course, if you don't have 8500 of gamer friends in one room).

Bastiaen
04-22-2013, 07:38 PM
I usually only post on here when things are really slow at work. Other than that, I check it for news. I think that people shouldn't judge you for how and where you get your social interactions.