PDA

View Full Version : Kiren is OP

MIGHTY778343
04-21-2013, 11:51 AM
personally i play Xorm and Kieran knight of negation rush is faster than me, i got a really good startin hands but still cant win that overpowered hero. how can haven rush is faster than inferno ???

epicafricantoad
04-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Whos Kiren?
cheers
Toad

Elementalist.
04-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Xorm isn't the most competitive of heroes, despite his amazingly fast rushes. And Kieran's special certain hurts the low hp inferno units.. Add some aoe spells and inferno gets fried.

DanielKurzempa
04-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Whos Kiren?
cheers
Toad

http://www.mmdoc.net/images/cards/normal/Sacred-Kirin.png
+
http://www.mmdoc.net/images/cards/normal/Hidden-Temple.png

Morgotheron2012
04-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Thats true Kieran is OP.

D-Emissary
04-21-2013, 03:01 PM
personally i play Xorm and Kieran knight of negation rush is faster than me, i got a really good startin hands but still cant win that overpowered hero. how can haven rush is faster than inferno ???

Wait for the new expansion - i `m sure that there will be a lot of strong inferno creatures.

At the moment Inferno creatures have no chance against Kieran`s ability, my Kieran win rate against Inferno is over 90%.

Morgotheron2012
04-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Wait for the new expansion - i `m sure that there will be a lot of strong inferno creatures.

At the moment Inferno creatures have no chance against Kieran`s ability, my Kieran win rate against Inferno is over 90%.

True inferno have too low hp.

bbrunetti
04-21-2013, 04:08 PM
True inferno have too low hp.

I disagree 100%

Inferno has some of the most deadly low level creatures in the game. Demented is awesome (2/0/3 no retal, sweep attack) , Juggernaught (4/3/4), Ravager (6/4/4), Pit Fiend (3/2/4 attack anywhere) are all 4 might or less.

Then they have Lilim, a 3/1/8 damage soaker that protects your hero for 4 might/1 magic. Keep going further and you'll see LOTS of 5HP to 9HP creatures, that all have abilities like sweep attack, area Blast, attack anywhere, fire burst... Inferno is AWESOME if you know how to use the faction to its advantages.

Quarison
04-21-2013, 06:01 PM
I disagree 100%

Inferno has some of the most deadly low level creatures in the game. Demented is awesome (2/0/3 no retal, sweep attack) , Juggernaught (4/3/4), Ravager (6/4/4), Pit Fiend (3/2/4 attack anywhere) are all 4 might or less.

Then they have Lilim, a 3/1/8 damage soaker that protects your hero for 4 might/1 magic. Keep going further and you'll see LOTS of 5HP to 9HP creatures, that all have abilities like sweep attack, area Blast, attack anywhere, fire burst... Inferno is AWESOME if you know how to use the faction to its advantages.

Have you played inferno? I mean not for 1-2 games, over 200 games?

i played it from the very beginning to level 50.

Let me say the disadvantages.

No flyer
Low hp except Lilim
1 Less Spell School (i will explain)
Some ridiculous faction fortunes

1)First Flyers, There is only 1 flyer that can be effectively used is Hellfire Imp. Others, i mean pit lord is useless. You wont go up to 6 might. Max 5 might for that includes doom birngers. This make your units really vulnerable to earth spells. And the most important thing is, Haven just crushes you, with Wolf series cards or Especially the GUARDS!!!

2)Low hp, For instance Ravager, great unit but only in a free lane. And so easily be countered. You dont need to kill it, you can just tank it till you have some spell cards active.
Or for instance, You can just put 1 holy preatorian with siegfied to its front and you're ok... I dont wanna talk about Wolf series units.

3)and the most crucial thing. Lets look the factions spell schools.

Stronghold => Fire, Earth, Air
İnferno => Fire, Primal, Darkness
Haven => Light, Water, Air, Primal
Sanctuary => Light, Water, Air, Primal
Necropolis => Water, Darkness, Primal, Earth

If you want to make a spell orianted deck, it's only competetive with Kal-azar, and it has lots of weaknesses. Because there is not any early tier spell damage cards for aoe.
Your first aoe starts at 4 Magic, and it's fireball and can easily be countered with placement of the creatures.

Some may say, there is despair for that kind of placement. theoretically it's true but in practice it's not. You should try and see it.

4) Lets look at inferno fortune cards, IMO

Garants Purge => Really, Really good.
Twist of Fate => Situationally Good
Maw of Chaos - Halls of Amnesia => Situationally Good
Chaos Rift => Garbage
House of Madness => Situationally Good
Hall of torment => Situationally Good
Altar of destruction => Situationally Good
Pit of Hate => Garbage, there isn't any competetive deck right now. After expansion mb it will be good but, still will be Situationally Good
Hellfire Bridge => Situationally Good

Maybe you have realised that there is lots of Situationally Good terms are written there. Inferno is the only race that depends on the order of the cards that come to your hand most. Of course all the factions have this but inferno has this at a rate of like quadrant of them.

This is why you cant really make Creature + fortune deck.

P.S: You can of course make deck for creature and fortune for inferno only if you have 4 DA, 4 PAO, 4 Void Caller. Evidently, i dont.

You cant make a creature + spell deck cuz the lack of the spell schools and it's really hard to manage it.

You cant really make full creature deck because the faction is full about melee units. Not too much shooters and flyers to put in the back row.

Of course there may be some exceptions. I wrote all of these for the people that dont have the full deck.

Morgotheron2012
04-21-2013, 10:16 PM
I disagree 100%

Haha I want to see your deck. Area blast hahaha no one use this. 9 hp?Abbysal Lord? Too slow.Inferno=rush Inferno is good but not OP and have small chance in fights against Kieran.

GalacticGlory
04-22-2013, 01:31 AM
Hard to argue it. Kieran is most definitely top tier.

Seigfried, Nergal, Belias, Phrias (if anyone actually has him) are all really competitive too imo.

Also, it's not the fact that Haven has a better rush deck, those Holy Praetorian completely negate your Juggernaut/Ravagers. He's geared more towards mid to late game while you're geared towards early game only. If he can stop your early game, you've pretty much lost.

I'd argue that Stronghold rush does better against Kieran than Inferno due to sacrifice/enrage cards.

Psychobabble.au
04-22-2013, 02:56 AM
If kieran was a bigger part of the meta, it'd be easier to play an anti-meta deck to beat him. Unfortunately, in my experience the meta is too diverse to really allow for that which makes it a bit harder. This deck basically destroys keiran though:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/766432-Ariana-6-4-1-Kieran-killer?goto=newpost

nutlamb
04-22-2013, 03:14 AM
Kieran's skill is OP, so is Seigfried's

It's not obvious last year and now we have Wolf Captain

Maybe Devs thought Haven needs to be strengthen

But still,their skill is OP, Maybe 18 HP will be good

Can you compare them with Acamas? His skill just kill creatures of his own!

Infernal_Wisdom
04-22-2013, 05:18 AM
I disagree 100%

2/0/3 with no retal is "deadly" you say
than explain how can you describe 4/3/5 wolf captain? :D ok ok dont say imba :D you may have 4 of them :D

you say juggernaut is op hmm lets check tier 3 creatures with no immunity to retal must be balanced

jugger vs glory= draw
jugger vs lammasu= draw
lammasu vs glory = glory may win if she attacks first! aha not imbalanced unit ok ok heaven is not strong :D

Ravager 6/4/4 vs wolf proterian it looks like a draw

but it is win by proterian actually, because ravager must be placed in empty raw only but proterian has not that kind of neccesities

I dont wanna explain more heaven creatures are stronger and with the combination of imba heroes like kieran and siegfried and thanks to resource giving fortunes, heaven race far on the top right now

Frozen-Drake
04-22-2013, 11:32 AM
actually juggernaut always loose if he attacks first vs lamasu/glory
even by just ignoring wolf captain, they still have the best t1 drop in the game
let's just hope in the next expansion they'll add some cool cards for sanctuary and inferno and not for haven (necro is totally ok and stronghold could see some love apart from kelthor)

all hail fire and ice!

Infernal_Wisdom
04-22-2013, 11:50 AM
all hail fire and ice!

HAIL BROTHER!!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2hE4XO8rF4

setcamper
04-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Only level 7, less than 50 wins, 600+ ELO, but already feel like Quarison is dead on and I'm losing steam with my inferno deck....

RedDevilCG
04-22-2013, 06:36 PM
On their own Jugger's and their bigger brothers are balanced, but combined with the fire school of magic, they one shot (except for maybe Ghost Dragon) any creature below, equal, and above them.