PDA

View Full Version : Who do you miss more. Desmond or Lucy?

Jack_Pirate
04-21-2013, 12:44 AM
I was inspired by the thread posted by another member about whether or not you miss desmond (I said Desmond who?) but aside from that, I am curious to see how others feel about these two characters. I for one, think Kristen Bell is smokin, so of course i miss Lucy (spent much time in game just creepin on her)

Let conversation ensue

Assassin_M
04-21-2013, 12:46 AM
An annoying blonde female and........Desmond...

don't worry, buddy...I`ll vote for you...

Desmond.....I was glad Lucy died....I hate Love interests... doesn't mean Des was awesome, though....I`m probably just gonna miss HIM over lucy

Jack_Pirate
04-21-2013, 12:48 AM

Desmond.....I was glad Lucy died....I hate Love interests... doesn't mean Des was awesome, though....I`m probably just gonna miss HIM over lucy

touche

hot annoying blonde female

I-Like-Pie45
04-21-2013, 12:52 AM
I think I'll miss random Abstergo Guard #6 at MMA Stadium more than either of those two.

DisbandedBox359
04-21-2013, 02:02 AM
desmond all the way
why do i keep coming on here after drinking haha

AdamPearce
04-21-2013, 02:07 AM
Connor

Dosenwabe
04-21-2013, 02:07 AM
Desmond cause he looked better. And I grew more on him because of playing him of course.

monster_rambo
04-21-2013, 02:40 AM
Really hard to decide...but I'll choose the Blonde over bartender anyday. Well at least Desmond can make drinks.

poptartz20
04-21-2013, 03:21 AM
Connor

This....

Is not a choice you can make sir. Lol. (but I do agree with you..)

On the other hand I voted for lucy. Even though I feel like I will miss Desmond as well. His death was just : /

I-Like-Pie45
04-21-2013, 03:34 AM
I just didn't really care for either of these characters.

I would've been sad if Shaun or that other woman died though.

TRUKITTN
04-21-2013, 03:39 AM

Yup. This is just about how I feel. Outta the ladies, I thought Rebecca was way more interesting and likable. Lucy was just b*tchy and mean. As for love interests, I typically hate them in just about any game doesn't let the player have any influence on it. They are rarely believable and I usually don't like the 'lucky girl'. Anyway, Desmond wasn't great but if I had to pick one to decorpsify, it would be him.

pirate1802
04-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Hot blonde female with not much character development vs boring bartender with little character development?

Yeah.. I side with the hot blonde female.

I find Rebeca hotter than Lucy though, for reference :|

Sushiglutton
04-21-2013, 08:55 AM
I was shocked/sad when Lucy died. I opened a bottle of champagne and danced in front of my TV when Desmond died.

Hot blonde female with not much character development vs boring bartender with little character development?

Yeah.. I side with the hot blonde female.

I find Rebeca hotter than Lucy though, for reference :|

Apparently Rebecca was too hot so the devs decided to give her a horse face in AC3.

pirate1802
04-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Apparently Rebecca was too hot so the devs decided to give her a horse face in AC3.

I liked her horse face more than her older one.. there's nothing wrong with me, is there? :|

lothario-da-be
04-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Desmond, i don't know why everyone likes Lucy so much.

Assassin_M
04-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Desmond, i don't know why everyone likes Lucy so much.
Big round chest....

How Rosa got any votes against Garnier is beyond me....

So yeah, Female = good....just for being female

lothario-da-be
04-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Big round chest....

How Rosa got any votes against Garnier is beyond me....

So yeah, Female = good....just for being female
Lucrezia = BOOBS! = good?

Assassin_M
04-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Lucrezia = BOOBS! = good?
Apparently....I can bet my something she`d win in a poll against........someone else

Legendz54
04-21-2013, 10:56 AM
I dont know why but I miss Lucy more.. since she died everything changed for some reason, Desmond lost whatever character development he got with Lucy which made him even more boring. Lucy was even more badass then Desmond in AC2 taking down the guards and such, I dunno... modern day was better with Lucy alive.

monster_rambo
04-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Is official, anyone that votes against Lucy is anti-women and doesn't like 8008 and *ss.

Assassin_M
04-21-2013, 11:00 AM
Is official, anyone that votes against Lucy is anti-women and doesn't like 8008 and *ss.
**** :O

lothario-da-be
04-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Apparently....I can bet my something she`d win in a poll against........someone else
Garnier...:o

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Never really liked Lucy I always felt she was too comfortable wit things like she was hiding something, which she was!

Sh4dow70
04-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Desmond he may have not been the most colourfull character but he was good enough in the end and now i will miss him damn it why didnt they let me replay his missions

x___Luffy___x
04-22-2013, 06:38 PM
there should be an option to vote NEITHER also. dont miss any of them.

TinyTemplar
04-22-2013, 06:42 PM
I dont know why but I miss Lucy more.. since she died everything changed for some reason, Desmond lost whatever character development he got with Lucy which made him even more boring. Lucy was even more badass then Desmond in AC2 taking down the guards and such, I dunno... modern day was better with Lucy alive.
I just couldn't say better. Requiescat in pace, Lucy.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7ktVl1LGRbo/TV31-oxlTZI/AAAAAAAAJAs/PRA0VbK5Hzg/s1600/yellow+rose+flowers+wallpapers+%25284%2529.jpg

Bastiaen
04-22-2013, 07:05 PM
Lucy was only meaningful because of Desmond, ergo:
Desmond sentiment > Lucy Sentiment
Don't get me wrong. I love lucy :)
I just love her in the context of playing as Desmond.
Also, I cried so hard when I was playing The Lost Archive, and discovered her betrayal.

Bastiaen
04-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Yup. This is just about how I feel. Outta the ladies, I thought Rebecca was way more interesting and likable. Lucy was just b*tchy and mean. As for love interests, I typically hate them in just about any game doesn't let the player have any influence on it. They are rarely believable and I usually don't like the 'lucky girl'. Anyway, Desmond wasn't great but if I had to pick one to decorpsify, it would be him.

AARGH! Rebecca is so obnoxious! "The memory core!" I need to put that in the cringeworthy thread.

SweetsMachineGun
04-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Ultimately I miss Desmond the most since he had so much potential as a character, but I loved Lucy too. I feel as if the modern storyline declined in quality rapidly after AC:B.

Kaschra
04-22-2013, 11:12 PM
Both. I miss Desmond slightly more, but Lucy... I really like her, too :(
And where do you guys get the idea that Lucy's popular? I've seen so many people bash her, it's not even funny.

ShinseiiRoma
04-23-2013, 08:43 PM
I'm equally attached to all the moderns, so I guess I'm going with Lucy solely because we've had a longer time to miss her and because she gets less love than even Desmond, which is (unfortunately) saying something. :/ When Desmond's death sinks in, however, I'm probably going to miss him just as much. It just hasn't hit me yet since it was so sudden, just like how Lucy's death didn't really hit me until ACR. ("He's going into shock" was basically my reaction, too. XD) Probably AC4 is when the initial shock will wear off, since it'll be the first game without Desmond... D:

Also I really don't understand the people who think Lucy is a... um, jerk (whoops, PG forums). The last time I checked, "being a Templar" did not equate to "being a jerk." The Templars have an equally admirable goal which they go about achieving with equally dubious means as the Assassins; the only fundamental difference is which ideology you like better, freedom or peace. It's not a black-and-white struggle in which the Assassins are good and Templars are evil, or vice versa, as Ubisoft has stressed to the nth degree. The shades of gray are only convoluted further by the fact that there are very noble and very, well, jerk-ish people on both sides of the conflict. So in my opinion, that argument is closed.

It's the fact that she was a double (triple? quadruple?) agent for Abstergo that is a more valid point. Not even that itself, but the fact that she was willing to betray her teammates - and for example, what she did to Clay. It was horrible, no doubt about it. "Horrible" is the understatement of the century, really. But all the same I think that it actually makes her more of a realistic character to have some antiheroic faults - and more importantly, her very human reaction to what she was doing? Being constantly traumatized by her own actions.

I could point out so many instances in which she seems to be uneasy or unconfident in what she's doing and when her team-leader façade falters. Knowing that she's an undercover Templar, these brief moments of stress or sorrow could be either anxiety about whether she'll succeed in keeping up her act and get the information (and the Apple) Abstergo needs... or it's because she's uncomfortable with what she's doing. Although the former is definitely possible, there's one reason why I think her possible regrets about her actions - and her alleged care for her teammates - are genuine.

That reason is the way she behaves whenever Clay is brought up. Say what you will, but I can't find a single discernible reason why she would fake being really upset about Clay's death. Her own teammates aren't even as upset about it as she is. Actually, she even tries to cover up her emotions when Clay is mentioned. (One example demonstrating both of these that pops instantly to mind is right after finding all of the glyphs in AC2, but I could find more if I wasn't tired right now. :P) She did a terrible, horrific thing to Clay by abandoning him to such a fate, when she was his only hope - but it's not like she doesn't regret it. If she didn't, yeah. Then she'd be a heartless... twit.

But she does. Which means she probably does genuinely care about her teammates - especially Desmond, apparently. Which means she probably does wish she didn't have to betray them. I think it's more her loyalty to the Templars talking than it is any lack of concern for her friends: Abstergo made her feel needed when no one else did, and the best thing she could do to repay them and help their cause - her cause, now - was to be a double agent. She might or might not have wanted to do this specifically; we don't know. But when you're fighting a war, it's not as if soldiers are permitted to choose their orders. The fact remains that she did choose to carry out this role, though, since probably she could have refused and taken whatever accompanying consequences.

But let's also not forget that William basically raised her just to be the perfect instrument - she didn't have any say in it, nor any knowledge of her role until it was thrust upon her, kind of like how Desmond was raised in the Order except with LITERALLY no knowledge. She really wasn't treated like a human being by the sounds of it, but like a tool. And if she's raised to be the perfect mole - maybe taught to lie her way around things or be a reliable Abstergo agent - and without really getting to know the cause behind the Assassin Order (plus I'd bet on her picking up a lot of Templar slander once she started working for Abstergo, let alone Vidic trying to play her against the Assassins and convince her that they left her behind), is it really any surprise she turned on them?

I don't agree with her motivations or the fact that she was betraying her friends. But as a character I really love her and can definitely see where she's coming from, even admire her fortitude and strength of will in such depressing circumstances. She's not going to be the greatest role model any more than other beloved characters with maligned motivations (just search your brain for a few seconds for examples; they're a dime a dozen these days). But neither are most antiheroes. They're human, not idealized figures.

Meh, I don't know. It's fine if people hate Lucy, but since I'm biased and I like her I think it would be cool if people at least kept that stuff in mind and considered it before deciding to hate her completely. XD Ah, well.

Also I'm genuinely curious... why do people hate her, besides the fact that she made the choice to be a turncoat, and that she put Clay through hell? Those are the only two things I can think of...? Not that they're not good points, I'm just wondering if there are any more reasons I'm missing.

None of this is meant to be taken harshly at all! :x I'm not trying to pick a fight or argumentative argument, just tossing out some food for thought. ^^ People can love or hate any characters; it's all cool with me. I just wish more people tried to look at characters like Lucy from all angles before passing judgment either way, that's all~ ^^;

Assassin_M
04-23-2013, 08:53 PM
-SNAP-
*looks behind* you`re not there :|

I actually like the Templars more than Assassins, so I don't hate Lucy, because she`s a Templar, her character just didn't click with me at all for some reason, I dunno...Kristen did a great job voicing her and i`m not taking anything away, but the way she was built.....meh...I liked Shaun and Rebecca over her, so....she was my least liked Modern character ever :| I actually liked William and Clay more, even though we had such a brief amount of time with each..

I didn't think Lucy was that much of a jerk really, if people hate her, because she`s a jerk...well...what about Shaun ?? he`s the biggest jerk in the entire game xD I mean yeah sure, she orders Des around, but she`s pretty caring...she did not want to force him into rejoining the Assassins again, she wanted to convince him and sure she put Clay through crap and basically fried his brain, but she still showed regret over what happened to him...she doesn't seem as ruthless as Vidic, though...i`m pretty certain she`d have tried something to keep Desmond and co. alive if she managed to succeed with her mission, but she`s dead xP

I had some sort of....relief after she died, because i`m never convinced that a love interest is ALWAYS necessary...maybe that`s why I didn't like her too ? along with her character not clicking, but yeah..the love interest between her Desmond just felt forced for some reason...especially in brotherhood...i felt it was kinda....err...silly. her interaction with Desmond in the cave especially... didn't like the lines that much, but yeah there ya go...

shobhit7777777
04-23-2013, 08:54 PM
HA!!

Secret Option C!

Scurvy!

ShinseiiRoma
04-24-2013, 07:50 PM
*looks behind* you`re not there :|
Nope, absolutely not. Uh, and ignore that shadow on the wall, it's, um, just a figment of your imagination. :P

I actually like the Templars more than Assassins, so I don't hate Lucy, because she`s a Templar, her character just didn't click with me at all for some reason, I dunno...Kristen did a great job voicing her and i`m not taking anything away, but the way she was built.....meh... (...)

I didn't think Lucy was that much of a jerk really, if people hate her, because she`s a jerk...well...what about Shaun ?? he`s the biggest jerk in the entire game xD (...)

I had some sort of....relief after she died, because i`m never convinced that a love interest is ALWAYS necessary...maybe that`s why I didn't like her too ? along with her character not clicking, but yeah..the love interest between her Desmond just felt forced for some reason...especially in brotherhood... (...)

You raise some really good points! :D The love interest thing especially; I agree that protagonists should not have to have a love interest. The media these days should take some tips from you. XD But in this case I thought it was fine because they left it rather ambiguous and didn't shove it in your face like everything else these days... mostly. You're right; it did seem a little forced in Brotherhood though, now that you point that out. I forgot about that clichéd cave scene... XD I think I didn't really notice or mind personally, but I can see why stuff like that could induce some eye-rolling.

I guess the reason it doesn't bug me is I really did like the fact that she was a love interest for Desmond who got killed before anything could really happen. The whole "breaking the cathedral" thing was a brilliant stroke in my opinion, even if they really didn't play out the move to its full potential and develop Desmond's character after the event, which was a little disappointing. Still, it was an awesome and unconventional plot twist.

Yeah, apparently people do think she's a jerk. I see a lot of explicit hate regarding Lucy on other sites like YouTube and Tumblr, but I guess it might not have reached here yet. XD I can understand being kind of "meh" on her. (She bored me to no end in AC1, haha. XD) But it makes me sad when people hate her just for the fact that she's a double agent. :/ Or a Templar. :| (Good on you for liking them more!)

Awww, but we know Shaun's really not so much of a jerk as he wants everyone to believe. :D

joey-4321_web
04-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Desmond
Cause he was awesome

Assassin_M
04-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Nope, absolutely not. Uh, and ignore that shadow on the wall, it's, um, just a figment of your imagination. :P

You raise some really good points! :D The love interest thing especially; I agree that protagonists should not have to have a love interest. The media these days should take some tips from you. XD But in this case I thought it was fine because they left it rather ambiguous and didn't shove it in your face like everything else these days... mostly. You're right; it did seem a little forced in Brotherhood though, now that you point that out. I forgot about that clichéd cave scene... XD I think I didn't really notice or mind personally, but I can see why stuff like that could induce some eye-rolling.

I guess the reason it doesn't bug me is I really did like the fact that she was a love interest for Desmond who got killed before anything could really happen. The whole "breaking the cathedral" thing was a brilliant stroke in my opinion, even if they really didn't play out the move to its full potential and develop Desmond's character after the event, which was a little disappointing. Still, it was an awesome and unconventional plot twist.

Yeah, apparently people do think she's a jerk. I see a lot of explicit hate regarding Lucy on other sites like YouTube and Tumblr, but I guess it might not have reached here yet. XD I can understand being kind of "meh" on her. (She bored me to no end in AC1, haha. XD) But it makes me sad when people hate her just for the fact that she's a double agent. :/ Or a Templar. :| (Good on you for liking them more!)

Awww, but we know Shaun's really not so much of a jerk as he wants everyone to believe. :D
I love Shaun :D

favorite modern Assassin :P

joey-4321_web
04-25-2013, 03:49 AM
I love Shaun :D

favorite modern Assassin :P
If I remember correctly he was the only one to go to Lucy's funeral right
Her death is probably why he mellowed out a bit in Ac3