PDA

View Full Version : Jeux Video Magazine with 12 pages of AC4 Information *Possible SPOILERS*

pacmanate
04-19-2013, 03:44 PM
It seems like the quiet period is over. Today Jeux Video Magazine in France came out with a 12 page exclusive on AC4. Whether we will find out this information if we don't live in France is the question I ask, or even if GameInformer or an EU/NA Magazine will have a 12 page exclusive either. Anyway, if anyone gets their hands on it, make a thread and talk about the stuff inside! However do not scan the magazine as you will get slapped in the arse.

Its also reported that the game will solve the mystery of the Bermuda triangle, where according to the map of Altair, there is a piece of Eden.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2117zwn.jpg

It is also reported there will be a new free aim mechanic.

The cloak means nothing seeing as Connor had a wolf one in some cardboard cutouts a while back, but it looks like Edward quickly jumped into a puddle and posed.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-19-2013, 03:52 PM
I have to say Edward is the most badass lookin Assassin we've had so far

ElectroPuff
04-19-2013, 04:02 PM
I don't think it's snow, looks more like water splashing up against him to me :) but I do hope weather effects are good in this game :)

pacmanate
04-19-2013, 04:04 PM
I don't think it's snow, looks more like water splashing up against him to me :) but I do hope weather effects are good in this game :)

True, however I think if they took seasons out it would be a step back.

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 04:05 PM
True, however I think if they took seasons out it would be a step back.

It's the Carribean. There were no seasons, only varying waves.

pacmanate
04-19-2013, 04:08 PM
It's the Carribean. There were no seasons, only varying waves.

I forgot about the Caribbean...

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 04:09 PM
It seems like the quiet period is over. Today Jeux Video Magazine in France came out with a 12 page exclusive on AC4. Whether we will find out this information if we don't live in France is the question I ask, or even if GameInformer or an EU/NA Magazine will have a 12 page exclusive either. Anyway, if anyone gets their hands on it, make a thread and talk about the stuff inside! However do not scan the magazine as you will get slapped in the arse.

Its also reported that the game will solve the mystery of the Bermuda triangle, where according to the map of Altair, there is a piece of Eden.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2117zwn.jpg

Also notice the cloak, and SNOW. The cloak means nothing seeing as Connor had a wolf one in some cardboard cutouts a while back, but it looks like seasons are making a return.

AC1 was about the Apple
AC2 was about an apple
ACB was about an apple
ACR was about 5 keys which eventually led to an apple
AC3 was about an apple which led to a key

Then it's safe to say that in AC4, the main plot and the connection to the modern world CAN be about a POE we find in the Bermuda triangle. And maybe an apple too. If this is the case, then this was spoilerish to release.

ElectroPuff
04-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Hopefully with this we'll be getting more info soon, and maybe even so,e new screenshots :)

pacmanate
04-19-2013, 04:14 PM
AC1 was about the Apple
AC2 was about an apple
ACB was about an apple
ACR was about 5 keys which eventually led to an apple
AC3 was about an apple which led to a key

Then it's safe to say that in AC4, the main plot and the connection to the modern world CAN be about a POE we find in the Bermuda triangle. And maybe an apple too. If this is the case, then this was spoilerish to release.

Well apparently the Bermuda Triangle is the biblical Garden Of Eden, so it would make sense.

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Well apparently the Bermuda Triangle is the biblical Garden Of Eden, so it would make sense.

They had to say the Bermuda triangle thing in the interview? Sounds like such a spoiler.

pacmanate
04-19-2013, 04:18 PM
They had to say the Bermuda triangle thing in the interview? Sounds like such a spoiler.

Apparently so... Its not that spoilery but I guess it depends on the person reading it.

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Apparently so... Its not that spoilery but I guess it depends on the person reading it.

Remember when Ezio found about the whole apple of Eden crap? It seemed like a good plot twist that could have made a return to AC4, just saying. Now that we know about it, you'll keep waiting for the twist and possibly ruining the experience, but that's just me. Maybe I am just excessively paranoid. We will see in due time.

DeaconBosco
04-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Alright guys, I just logged on for this. I happen to stumble upon this edition's scans over on the Internet and speak the tongue of Molière (Something tells me I'll get on a lot of people's good side by the time this is over).

Over the next few hours I'll try and translate them as best of my abilities.

Here are a few of the pages (11 total)

Page 1 (http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/12/1363803738-ccf20032013-00000.jpg)

Page 2 (http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/12/1363803720-ccf20032013-00001.jpg)

Page 3 (http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/12/1363803720-ccf20032013-00001-2.jpg)

silvermercy
04-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Ah I've seen the summary of this article yesterday in Spanish and forgot to translate it.! LOL http://assassinscreedchile.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/aciv-black-flag-nuevos-detalles/

Here's a VERY loose Google translation to English (may contain spoilers):

The magazine Jeux Video has produced a series of new data regarding the gameplay of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag . Which we present below.

Team Edward Kenway, not only will have the four pistols and two swords, besides the hidden blade of course, but also confirmed the blowpipe, with which we can silently kill or poison to generate distraction. In turn we also noted the Rope Dart [Dart rope], we are already experiencing in Assassin's Creed III.

Edward Kenway will be a character of excess, and one of their addictions will be the spirit (alcohol).
Their personality will sometimes selfish, taken, but at the same time very smart and cunning. A complete fighter and know how to get out of the worst situations unscathed.

We will have a permanent tool, The Telescope. At any time we make use of it, and will help us to spot ships in the distance, obtain information on these and calculate its power. By pointing to the continent or islands, the telescope will show potential interest centers.

Our ship will feature new types of ammunition, which we know very well, as there will be many types of enemy ships, and techniques may be strategic in attack and defence, or ship them to sink.

The Templars are interested in a specific place in the Caribbean, which can be critical to take advantage of the Murderers (??). The area will be in the mysterious and legendary Bermuda Triangle, which we will explore.

As was mentioned earlier, there will be no loading times between sea and mainland [Boat - Islands], to preserve the landscape immersion, but will be no charge (travel??) if we have to go to one of the Big Cities.

As in Assassin's Creed 3 points will fast travel.
If it was discovered a new place, we can select the map to appear in it. This will save a lot of time to those who like to focus on the main story, and get bored from time to navigate from one place to another.

Ubisoft had foreseen the possible success of naval battles, and thus, already in 2011, decided to focus on this new episode is gameplay, which represent the 40% of the game, not counting the many side quests.

The moment you embark another boat, it will not be a simple film here what vivenciaremos and have the freedom to choose, if we throw on the boat, clean the deck of enemies and destroy the capital or we can even dive into the sea and arrive stealthily to the ship, kill the captain quickly, thereby ending the conflict.

With the money we earn, not only we can keep improving our boat, but we can also convince some sailors / pirates to join our crew, as during the fighting, possibly lose some, if you do not protect them with the deserved care.

We will also have new ways to hide from our enemies, one of them will hide behind doorways and avoid patrolling guards. Also an element that many missed, again, the courtesans, but this time they are called full, prostitutes . <--- LOL

Source: Our Italian brothers Il Salotto degli Assassini, who did an excellent job summarizing the magazine story.

AjinkyaParuleka
04-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Can you please hide the Bermuda Triangle thing...?It just got spoiled for me...

silvermercy
04-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Can you please hide the Bermuda Triangle thing...?It just got spoiled for me...
I hid that in my own post (in black) but it doesn't say anything else other than that.

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Probably Bermuda Triangle = Oak Island of AC4; i.e, not in the main storyline.

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 04:55 PM
^Hide behind doorways and avoid patrolling guards? Isn't that already in AC3?

ProletariatPleb
04-19-2013, 04:59 PM
^Hide behind doorways and avoid patrolling guards? Isn't that already in AC3?
Except AC3 had a threetier notoriety system, that has been removed.

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Probably Bermuda Triangle = Oak Island of AC4; i.e, not in the main storyline.

The Bermuda triangle legend has such an echoing legacy, too grand to simply be confined to a petty side mission storyline about a small artifact like the shard of Eden. It seems like it's going to play a big role.

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Except AC3 had a threetier notoriety system, that has been removed.

The point remains, they can't advertise it as new if hiding behind doorways was already in AC3, regardless of the notoriety system.

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 05:02 PM
The Bermuda triangle legend has such an echoing legacy, too grand to simply be confined to a petty side mission storyline about a small artifact like the shard of Eden. It seems like it's going to play a big role.

Lets hope so. Oak island too had quite the legend behind it by the way..

silvermercy
04-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Maybe by hiding behind doors they mean that literally? Like peeping through a keyhole (as in Dishonored)?

DeaconBosco
04-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Yup looking back at it, Silvermercy's post sums it up nicely. There's little to no new info, mostly a french version of the previews we've already had.

ProletariatPleb
04-19-2013, 05:10 PM
The point remains, they can't advertise it as new if hiding behind doorways was already in AC3, regardless of the notoriety system.
Except they're not 'advertising'?

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Maybe by hiding behind doors they mean that literally? Like peeping through a keyhole (as in Dishonored)?

And maybe it means we can open doors like normal people and then hide behind them, unlike each other games were doors were some sort of impenetrable force field, that never allowed you to open them. If it does mean that, don't put the stupidly slow animation of door opening and closing in AC3. Your theory of peeping through door keyholes seems more likely, though.

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Except they're not 'advertising'?

Don't interviews rank under the marketing side of things? Whatever you call it, I just don't want another AC3 deceitful marketing/informing ploy.

silvermercy
04-19-2013, 05:19 PM
And maybe it means we can open doors like normal people and then hide behind them, unlike each other games were doors were some sort of impenetrable force field, that never allowed you to open them. If it does mean that, don't put the stupidly slow animation of door opening and closing in AC3. Your theory of peeping through door keyholes seems more likely, though.
LOL @ the impenetrable force field! :) True! xD

Spying through keyholes... that could provide a new eavesdropping method... (and well... maybe some awkward moments for Edward if the door happens to be a guards restroom... ahaha)

prince162010
04-19-2013, 05:21 PM
I have to say Edward is the most badass lookin Assassin we've had so far

Certainly I agree with you on this thing :cool:

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-19-2013, 05:23 PM
I'm thinking what he'll do is just hide behind the door and peek out the crack of the door. I don't see us going into first person and then peeking out the key-hole, honestly.

montagemik
04-19-2013, 05:24 PM

Sword of Eden or The original location of the Apple Washington had .................my guess at this point.

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 05:24 PM
LOL @ the impenetrable force field! :) True! xD

Spying through keyholes... that could provide a new eavesdropping method... (and well... maybe some awkward moments for Edward if the door happens to be a guards restroom... ahaha)

Or a brothel. That guy that doesn't want nudity will have the time of his life in AC4. As for the eavesdropping, he could have just put a cup against the wall. Maybe we need to see the enemies before they are shown on the map (like FC3) and looking through a keyhole seems like an optimum way to spot enemies without attracting attention.

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Is there anyone that can translate this article and tell us what most of it says?

menumaxibestof
04-19-2013, 06:09 PM
There is no new information in the magazine. Nothing, really.

Silvermercy's post summarizes quite well what is written in it :

Ah I've seen the summary of this article yesterday in Spanish and forgot to translate it.! LOL http://assassinscreedchile.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/aciv-black-flag-nuevos-detalles/

Here's a VERY loose Google translation to English (may contain spoilers):

The magazine Jeux Video has produced a series of new data regarding the gameplay of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag . Which we present below.

Team Edward Kenway, not only will have the four pistols and two swords, besides the hidden blade of course, but also confirmed the blowpipe, with which we can silently kill or poison to generate distraction. In turn we also noted the Rope Dart [Dart rope], we are already experiencing in Assassin's Creed III.

Edward Kenway will be a character of excess, and one of their addictions will be the spirit (alcohol).
Their personality will sometimes selfish, taken, but at the same time very smart and cunning. A complete fighter and know how to get out of the worst situations unscathed.

We will have a permanent tool, The Telescope. At any time we make use of it, and will help us to spot ships in the distance, obtain information on these and calculate its power. By pointing to the continent or islands, the telescope will show potential interest centers.

Our ship will feature new types of ammunition, which we know very well, as there will be many types of enemy ships, and techniques may be strategic in attack and defence, or ship them to sink.

The Templars are interested in a specific place in the Caribbean, which can be critical to take advantage of the Murderers (??). The area will be in the mysterious and legendary Bermuda Triangle, which we will explore.

As was mentioned earlier, there will be no loading times between sea and mainland [Boat - Islands], to preserve the landscape immersion, but will be no charge (travel??) if we have to go to one of the Big Cities.

As in Assassin's Creed 3 points will fast travel.
If it was discovered a new place, we can select the map to appear in it. This will save a lot of time to those who like to focus on the main story, and get bored from time to navigate from one place to another.

Ubisoft had foreseen the possible success of naval battles, and thus, already in 2011, decided to focus on this new episode is gameplay, which represent the 40% of the game, not counting the many side quests.

The moment you embark another boat, it will not be a simple film here what vivenciaremos and have the freedom to choose, if we throw on the boat, clean the deck of enemies and destroy the capital or we can even dive into the sea and arrive stealthily to the ship, kill the captain quickly, thereby ending the conflict.

With the money we earn, not only we can keep improving our boat, but we can also convince some sailors / pirates to join our crew, as during the fighting, possibly lose some, if you do not protect them with the deserved care.

We will also have new ways to hide from our enemies, one of them will hide behind doorways and avoid patrolling guards. Also an element that many missed, again, the courtesans, but this time they are called full, prostitutes . <--- LOL

Source: Our Italian brothers Il Salotto degli Assassini, who did an excellent job summarizing the magazine story.

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 06:24 PM
There is no new information in the magazine. Nothing, really.

Silvermercy's post summarizes quite well what is written in it :

The new info may not be manifold, but it is far more in depth than anything we have ever been told. I'd say this was a small move by Ubisoft to silence all doubt and confirm some stuff like tree-running and the quality of the cities. Better than nothing, I guess.

pacmanate
04-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Sword of Eden or The original location of the Apple Washington had .................my guess at this point.

Surely the original location would be pointless? Surely they would want the location of the Apple after the events of ToKW? Cause then they can see where it is hidden. Maybe there is something else, like the sword as you said. Apples are boring me now. I want another cool thing to wave around.

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Surely the original location would be pointless? Surely they would want the location of the Apple after the events of ToKW? Cause then they can see where it is hidden. Maybe there is something else, like the sword as you said. Apples are boring me now. I want another cool thing to wave around.

I'd like a wand.

pacmanate
04-19-2013, 06:51 PM
I'd like a wand.

Or a coconut...

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Or a coconut...

Coconut? I don't know. It doesn't click. If you are into fruit, there's always the Avocado of Eden. Sounds awesome.

montagemik
04-19-2013, 06:59 PM

We don't know for sure if the 'hacker' we control connor with in TOKW is Abstergo or Erudito ............So nothing concrete that who we control Eward with at Abstergo has viewed those memories yet. I just thought Washington's apple could link through history to AC3 / Haytham in a future game.

prince162010
04-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Alright guys, I just logged on for this. I happen to stumble upon this edition's scans over on the Internet and speak the tongue of Molière (Something tells me I'll get on a lot of people's good side by the time this is over).

Over the next few hours I'll try and translate them as best of my abilities.

Here are a few of the pages (11 total)

Page 1 (http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/12/1363803738-ccf20032013-00000.jpg)

Page 2 (http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/12/1363803720-ccf20032013-00001.jpg)

Page 3 (http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/12/1363803720-ccf20032013-00001-2.jpg)

you welcome here :):)
yes plz where is the other pages ? :rolleyes:

pacmanate
04-20-2013, 04:33 PM
We don't know for sure if the 'hacker' we control connor with in TOKW is Abstergo or Erudito ............So nothing concrete that who we control Eward with at Abstergo has viewed those memories yet. I just thought Washington's apple could link through history to AC3 / Haytham in a future game.

I guess but at the end of AC3 we do here Abstergo going "Yay, he is synced to the cloud". So my theory is (which I think makes sense), is that the events after AC3, ToKW, are all viewed by Abstergo to find Washingtons apple anyway. If not, ToKW is just for us players and has no significance to the actual AC universe.

Sushiglutton
04-20-2013, 09:09 PM
So we will amass riches, drink huge amounts of alcohol, visit beautiful islands in the Caribbean and hang out with lads like Barbe Noire. Could have been worse :cool:

prince162010
04-21-2013, 05:08 PM
So we will amass riches, drink huge amounts of alcohol, visit beautiful islands in the Caribbean and hang out with lads like Barbe Noire. Could have been worse :cool:

it's so cool if you drink alcohol in the game and it effects the gameplay like >> GTA IV was :cool::cool:

silvermercy
04-21-2013, 05:23 PM
^ That'd be cool! The more you drink the closer to liver cirrhosis you are! :D (Maybe that's why he dies later...)