PDA

View Full Version : New interview and what I believe is a new screenshot.

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-19-2013, 12:50 PM
The Examiner did an exclusive interview with Ismail on the Ubisoft team about Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag. There is a lot of interesting details involved in it and it's definitely worth the read. You can find the article here: http://www.examiner.com/list/assassin-s-creed-4-black-flag-will-be-a-unique-experience-like-never-before

Also, here is what I think is a new screenshot. I don't believe I've seen it before.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/mobile_rss/hash/e7/83/e783b9f7a2e76cd38fdd2ebf2cbb6eb5.jpg?itok=JerlLCyr

lasha7716
04-19-2013, 12:52 PM
it;s from gameplay trailer

roostersrule2
04-19-2013, 12:53 PM
If it's from The Examiner it's nothing.

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-19-2013, 12:57 PM
If it's from The Examiner it's nothing.

Umm...yes it is. It's an exclusive interview they had. It's a surprisingly good read.

roostersrule2
04-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Umm...yes it is. It's an exclusive interview they had. It's a surprisingly good read.Perhaps but they make an article about GTA V everyday with absolutely no information but advertise that they have PS4/720 details or screenshots, they do this with every game.

Locopells
04-19-2013, 01:26 PM
They do seem to indicate that full tree running is definitely back though.

prince162010
04-19-2013, 02:16 PM
what's in the interview?? is there anything new

SixKeys
04-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Ah, Examiner. Aren't these the guys who announced Nikolai as the new assassin in AC4 and claimed he looked French? And also the ones who announced that the AC fighting game was a real upcoming game, despite the prominent "Not an actual game" disclaimers in the images they themselves posted as proof?

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Naval forts? Break their siege and go in with stealth? Challenging side content? Stealth again? Vibrant, unique cities? Please be real, I beg of you be sincere with what you advertise, cause the game sounds fantastic.

AjinkyaParuleka
04-19-2013, 05:37 PM
You did not saw the gameplay trailer,you just didn't.

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Naval forts? Break their siege and go in with stealth? Challenging side content? Stealth again? Vibrant, unique cities? Please be real, I beg of you be sincere with what you advertise, cause the game sounds fantastic.

It sounds pretty promising. But then again, Assassins Creed always does. Anyways, glad to hear that Havana will feel very European in flavor and they actually compared it to Venice. Nassau sounds bigger than I thought it would be as well. And Kingston sounds like the most different city we've seen in Assassins Creed yet. They also said that they started out with no tree-running in AC4 then added a bunch of tree-running locations after it was successful in AC3. So it's official, tree running is returning!

jayjay275
04-19-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm not going to believe website that hasn't got a reliable history and one that tries to hype up everything....

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 06:13 PM
I'm not going to believe website that hasn't got a reliable history and one that tries to hype up everything....

It's an interview, not speculation.

jayjay275
04-19-2013, 06:15 PM
It's an interview, not speculation.

Well, even if it is an interview, not everything that is said will be implemented into the final game. Look at AC3. 'Nuff said.

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Well, even if it is an interview, not everything that is said will be implemented into the final game. Look at AC3. 'Nuff said.

My point is, there is no reason to complain about the legitimacy of the provided marketing material. Your doubts about this not being in the final product are completely irrelevant to whether or not this is fraudulent speculation made up by the Examiner.

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-20-2013, 02:07 AM
My point is, there is no reason to complain about the legitimacy of the provided marketing material. Your doubts about this not being in the final product are completely irrelevant to whether or not this is fraudulent speculation made up by the Examiner.

Agreed.

Gi1t
04-20-2013, 02:16 AM

Could be. It's supposed to be a new team, so it's possible they might be more ambitious.

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-20-2013, 02:18 AM
Really excited to see Havana and Kingston in action! Nassau sounds great as well! And the mayan ruins sound great!

Rugterwyper32
04-20-2013, 02:41 AM
Really excited about Havana. I was worried about Kingston, still kinda am, but I had seen the potential for it before and if they take advantage of it the way this article describes it, we've got something great heading our way. Finally, Nassau. I was excited for it before, had predictions how they could handle it, I believe they can make something amazing thanks to it being Pirate Central.
And man am I excited to explore everything they've got ready.
If there's one thing the teams making these games are good at, it's creating beautiful, interesting worlds to explore. Even at its dullest (I'm looking at you, Forli) it's proven to be fun time and again.

From what I've seen, this team seems more focused than the previous one. I see more mentions of plans and not trying to be overly ambitious and being like "HEY LOOK YOU MEET GEORGE WASHINGTON. BATTLES. FEATURES THAT SOUND REALLY COOL ON PAPER BUT THERE'S ALREADY A TON HERE SO WE CAN'T PUT THEM HERE". I do believe they did a great job with AC3, but playing it again, I can see there's this focus on too many things at the same time and mentioning mostly the superfluous stuff rather than digging into the cores of the gameplay from the start. Or maybe that's just my impression and I'm misguided.

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-20-2013, 02:43 AM
Really excited about Havana. I was worried about Kingston, still kinda am, but I had seen the potential for it before and if they take advantage of it the way this article describes it, we've got something great heading our way. Finally, Nassau. I was excited for it before, had predictions how they could handle it, I believe they can make something amazing thanks to it being Pirate Central.
And man am I excited to explore everything they've got ready.
If there's one thing the teams making these games are good at, it's creating beautiful, interesting worlds to explore. Even at its dullest (I'm looking at you, Forli) it's proven to be fun time and again.

From what I've seen, this team seems more focused than the previous one. I see more mentions of plans and not trying to be overly ambitious and being like "HEY LOOK YOU MEET GEORGE WASHINGTON. BATTLES. FEATURES THAT SOUND REALLY COOL ON PAPER BUT THERE'S ALREADY A TON HERE SO WE CAN'T PUT THEM HERE". I do believe they did a great job with AC3, but playing it again, I can see there's this focus on too many things at the same time and mentioning mostly the superfluous stuff rather than digging into the cores of the gameplay from the start. Or maybe that's just my impression and I'm misguided.

I like how they said Nassau is very busy.