PDA

View Full Version : Who else feels this way?

Jack_Pirate
04-19-2013, 07:30 AM
UBISOFT needs to release more Black Flag info NOW!

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 07:42 AM
I do.

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 07:45 AM
I don't..

poptartz20
04-19-2013, 07:46 AM
meh... I feel indifferent at this moment. : /

I'm still enjoying AC3. Plus I'm still not sure on this game.

roostersrule2
04-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Nah not really, not that hyped.

CalledChip4200
04-19-2013, 07:52 AM
After last TOKW DLC so there's something to look forward to :)

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 07:57 AM
I don't..

Hey M! Look I've got an AC Expert title, while you're still stuck with the old senior member! xD

roostersrule2
04-19-2013, 07:59 AM
Hey M! Look I've got an AC Expert title, while you're still stuck with the old senior member! xDTensions are high.

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Hey M! Look I've got an AC Expert title, while you're still stuck with the old senior member! xD
Your mom is a woman

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Your mom is a woman

mother of god..

poptartz20
04-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Haha! Speaking of which... wtf. How do you get the pic for that Sig anyways?

roostersrule2
04-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Haha! Speaking of which... wtf. How do you get the pic for that Sig anyways?You have to take on Liam Neeson in an arm wrestle and not get your arm pulled off as there's no way you could win.

Sushiglutton
04-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Yeah I wouldn't mind some new gameplay footage, perhaps a mission walkthrough showing multiple paths ;).

I got it too :D!!! For some reason it shows up in my location :confused:. Could be another forum bug :(.

Haha! Speaking of which... wtf. How do you get the pic for that Sig anyways?

You have to pre-order the game to get access to the Watch. But don't choose some cheap Russian online store. I did that... :(.

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 08:10 AM
I got it too :D!!! For some reason it shows up in my location :confused:. Could be another forum bug :(.

lmfao!!!

I almost fell off the chair after seeing your sig :p

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 08:13 AM
You have to pre-order the game to get access to the Watch. But don't choose some cheap Russian online store. I did that... :(.

I didn't preorder the game. Didn't even think of. ..Apparently Shade was impressed by my facfic. :D

Sushiglutton
04-19-2013, 08:16 AM
lmfao!!!

I almost fell off the chair after seeing your sig :p

Feels great to be a part of the exclusive VIP program :D!

I didn't preorder the game. Didn't even think of. ..Apparently Shade was impressed by my facfic. :D

I wish I had a talent for something :(.

poptartz20
04-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Yeah I wouldn't mind some new gameplay footage, perhaps a mission walkthrough showing multiple paths ;).

HAHAHAHA... Sushi your sig is HILARIOUS!

Okay but really is pre-ordering the game how you get it? M and pirate how did you receive this PRESTIGE? lol.

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Okay but really is pre-ordering the game how you get it? M and pirate how did you receive this PRESTIGE? lol.
I dunno....I didn't pre-order the game........or DID I ?? No i didn't xD

It`s not prestige, though....it`s because i`m awesome...nothing personal...

Sushiglutton
04-19-2013, 08:32 AM
HAHAHAHA... Sushi your sig is HILARIOUS!

Thanks, it's my first ever "photoshop". I may be a talent ;):p.

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 08:58 AM
I wish I had a talent for something :(.

You do.. you just don't know it yet :D

I do remember Shade creating a thread asking for any new AC fanfics.. he said this "prestige" was given to forumers who created AC-related content like fanfics, fanarts, videos etc.. or those who are good at "discussions" (I didn't understand this last part, but I guess thats how M got in..)
You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna use it to troll my friend who has been teasing me ever since he got an Initiates invite. Take that! xD

poptartz20
04-19-2013, 09:00 AM
You do.. you just don't know it yet :D

I do remember Shade creating a thread asking for any new AC fanfics.. he said this "prestige" was given to forumers who created AC-related content like fanfics, fanarts, videos etc.. or those who are good at "discussions" (I didn't understand this last part, but I guess thats how M got in..)
You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna use it to troll my friend who has been teasing me ever since he got an Initiates invite. Take that! xD

Ahhh... I must have missed this. Well It's okay I think I found a sig anyways! :D

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 09:02 AM
who are good at "discussions" (I didn't understand this last part, but I guess thats how M got in..)
Hahahahahahaha....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..Ohhh.....Ohh. ...Ohhhhh....that was funny...I`m good at discussions....that`s rich xD

roostersrule2
04-19-2013, 09:07 AM
or those who are good at "discussions" (I didn't understand this last part, but I guess thats how M got in..)HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA Classic.

poptartz20
04-19-2013, 09:09 AM
I have a feeling I missed something here... : |

*crickets* Are we laughing with you or at you? I have no problem doing either, I would just like to know! lol.

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 09:09 AM
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA Classic.
You were not given permission to laugh :|

roostersrule2
04-19-2013, 09:10 AM
You were not given permission to laugh :|#Do #What #I #Want.

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 09:10 AM
#do #what #i #want.
#lies

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 09:11 AM
You were not given permission to laugh :|

HAHAHAHAHHHAH..ahaHAHHAHAHA!

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 09:11 AM
HAHAHAHAHHHAH..ahaHAHHAHAHA!
Yes, You can laugh....not him, though :|

roostersrule2
04-19-2013, 09:13 AM
#lies#My #swagalicious #swag #will #kill #you #and #your #xylophone.

Sushiglutton
04-19-2013, 09:13 AM

To be serious for a moment, my guess is that it has a lot to do with a positive attitude towards the franchise. When I think of the selected experts, you, M, Silvermercy etc you are all fairly positive in general. A guy like Sixkeys, who in my opinion is perhaps the most articluate and smart debater on the forum, has not been invited since he is overall fairly negative. I suppose Ubi wants to break the negative trend by elevating the positive contributors to an expert status. I guess the straighforward way of making a better game is too much work ;).

silvermercy
04-19-2013, 09:14 AM
I didn't pre-order either. But I will once I know PS4 dates! :D

Positive? Me? pff... LOL

Oh and yes, I always want more AC info but I am trying to resist! :p

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 09:15 AM
To be serious for a moment, my guess is that it has a lot to do with a positive attitude towards the franchise. When I think of the selected experts, you, M, Silvermercy etc you are all fairly positive in general. A guy like Sixkeys, who in my opinion is perhaps the most articluate and smart debater on the forum, has not been invited since he is overall fairly negative. I suppose Ubi wants to break the negative trend by elevating the positive contributors to an expert status. I guess the straighforward way of making a better game is too much work ;).
Positive ?? Mate........AC II sucks...
AC II-fanboys did not get invites is more correct

Sushiglutton
04-19-2013, 09:16 AM
Ahhh... I must have missed this. Well It's okay I think I found a sig anyways! :D

Lol welcome to the hobo-watch ;)

Positive ?? Mate........AC II sucks...
AC II-fanboys did not get invites is more correct

That may be it. This is a Connor-conspiracy!

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 09:18 AM
that may be it. This is a connor-conspiracy!
laaaaaawd

roostersrule2
04-19-2013, 09:18 AM
To be serious for a moment, my guess is that it has a lot to do with a positive attitude towards the franchise. When I think of the selected experts, you, M, Silvermercy etc you are all fairly positive in general. A guy like Sixkeys, who in my opinion is perhaps the most articluate and smart debater on the forum, has not been invited since he is overall fairly negative. I suppose Ubi wants to break the negative trend by elevating the positive contributors to an expert status. I guess the straighforward way of making a better game is too much work ;).Maybe they got it because it's compensation for not giving that boring, dull, moronic protagonist Connor another game, while Ezio got 3 Hehehe.

silvermercy
04-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Maybe they got it because it's compensation for not giving that boring, dull, moronic protagonist Connor another game, while Ezio got 3 Hehehe.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/3a141322e135050b38d76c23291c60f8/tumblr_ml8sx7i0hz1r4lywro1_400.jpg

poptartz20
04-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Lol welcome to the hobo-watch ;)

Hahah! Thank you, It's a club I'm proud to be in. --- I still think yours is a winner though!

CalledChip4200
04-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Maybe they got it because it's compensation for not giving that boring, dull, moronic protagonist Connor another game, while Ezio got 3 Hehehe.

That's a mouthful!

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1314194533528.jpg

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 09:47 AM
That's a mouthful!
Nah Joke:p

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 09:50 AM
MEH! As long as I get a website where all the awesome fanfics, fanarts and fan videos are collated at one place, I'll be a happy camper. :D

poptartz20
04-19-2013, 10:00 AM
MEH! As long as I get a website where all the awesome fanfics, fanarts and fan videos are collated at one place, I'll be a happy camper. :D

meh says the guy who is apart of the Elite Watch Team. *tears* Sushi and I are reduced to being in a knock off version... ho hum. lol. No it's still pretty sweet though! I'm sure you guys will do well with whatever it is you do!

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 10:02 AM
meh says the guy who is apart of the Elite Watch Team. *tears* Sushi and I are reduced to being in a knock off version... ho hum. lol. No it's still pretty sweet though! I'm sure you guys will do well with whatever it is you do!
You needed to fangirl over Ubisoft more....

See pirate and I ?? We`re kissasses

poptartz20
04-19-2013, 10:07 AM
You needed to fangirl over Ubisoft more....

See pirate and I ?? We`re kissasses

Haha! May I should have... Geez. Next on my agenda, start petitions for AC, Cosplay as every possible character, write fan fics about my life using characters from AC, then start a ubisoft/AC cult... I wonder if these would be steps in the right direction.

silvermercy
04-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Not to mention an addiction to Tumblr and deviantArt! :p

P.S. Now I'm curious as to why AC doesn't have a site there... So many other companies have there and they always gain such a large audience!!
Brands using tumblr for example: http://socialfresh.com/60-brands-using-tumblr/

Mr_Shade
04-19-2013, 11:56 AM

You do know you have to work for it - I guess you didn't read the invitation?

Members of The Watch experts - are expected to provide community focused content for The Watch - Videos / fan art /fiction / articles / news posts - if you are only interested in the title - well...

montagemik
04-19-2013, 12:15 PM

You just need to submit something Ubisoft can use to promote their new site - Videos - Stories .....................Anything promoting UBI's product in some way. .
Only if you provide something they deem worthy of use are you permitted a signature - Buying the products or being a member isn't enough. .

Everyone else is just a standard member - though apparently we're all VIP's ;) ( No less important to ubisoft of course just as the special group is no more important ) .

montagemik
04-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Not to mention an addiction to Tumblr and deviantArt! :p

P.S. Now I'm curious as to why AC doesn't have a site there... So many other companies have there and they always gain such a large audience!!
Brands using tumblr for example: http://socialfresh.com/60-brands-using-tumblr/

Does submitting other people's art from Tumblr count ?

silvermercy
04-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Does submitting other people's art from Tumblr count ?
I suppose... As long as you provide the original source of course.
Also, videos, art, fanfics etc.

Mr_Shade
04-19-2013, 12:24 PM
You just need to submit something Ubisoft can use to promote their new site - Videos - Stories .....................Anything promoting UBI's product in some way. .
Only if you provide something they deem worthy of use are you permitted a signature - Buying the products or being a member isn't enough. .

Everyone else is just a standard member - though apparently we're all VIP's ;) ( No less important to ubisoft of course just as the special group is no more important ) .
The experts are 'working' for the The Watch website - the signature and title are a reward for that hard work and dedication to the series.

Watch Members who are in the EMEA and pre-order ACIV - are the ones who will benefit from these members contributions - since it should be an interesting communty driven edge to the content, that is sometimes lacking when people who are not directly fans of a game produce it.

Some of the Experts are very well known in making Videos and Fan Art for many years.

Some are fairly new - but have shown to be keen making new content for The Watch.

I'm sorry that everyone can't be an Expert - currently places are limited - and these guys will be doing things to earn the title - it's not a free gift - they are expected to work for it - and it's everyone that will benefit. ;)

All forum members are important - I know some maybe jealous - however I can't do much about that - sorry.

Same as members in the US are jealous of the fact EMEA members have The Watch site - I'm sorry about that too.

Mr_Shade
04-19-2013, 12:26 PM
We are looking for original content too - finding cool / interesting things is a good start - but ideally original content will be better ;)

If everyone just googles for things - anyone can do that - so to be a real Expert - get creating ;)

pacmanate
04-19-2013, 12:26 PM
No point, ruins the hype. Just wait until E3. I am sure most of you have exams to revise for anyway.

montagemik
04-19-2013, 12:32 PM
The experts are 'working' for the The Watch website - the signature and title are a reward for that hard work and dedication to the series.

Watch Members who are in the EMEA and pre-order ACIV - are the ones who will benefit from these members contributions - since it should be an interesting communty driven edge to the content, that is sometimes lacking when people who are not directly fans of a game produce it.

Some of the Experts are very well known in making Videos and Fan Art for many years.

Some are fairly new - but have shown to be keen making new content for The Watch.

I'm sorry that everyone can't be an Expert - currently places are limited - and these guys will be doing things to earn the title - it's not a free gift - they are expected to work for it - and it's everyone that will benefit. ;)

All forum members are important - I know some maybe jealous - however I can't do much about that - sorry.

Same as members in the US are jealous of the fact EMEA members have The Watch site - I'm sorry about that too.

Nothing to do with Jealousy - It's more to do with Equal status for all members & Customers in my opinion .
Disregarding it as mere jealousy from members or North America is a little narrow minded , don't you think ?

montagemik
04-19-2013, 12:34 PM

Seems cheap promoting someone to expert for linking other people's work . ( pure dedication in action )

Mr_Shade
04-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Nothing to do with Jealousy - It's more to do with Equal status for all members & Customers in my opinion .
Disregarding it as mere jealousy from members or North America is a little narrow minded , don't you think ?

Just my personal opinion some of the comments relating to the availability of The Watch - I have seen - on other sites - and also in my messages.

I know people might feel they have the right to have everything - but it's not always possible.

The Experts - get a forum title and a signature - as a thank you for helping out - that's a reward for creating content.

I think it's only right they get 'something' ?

pacmanate
04-19-2013, 12:38 PM
the experts are 'working' for the the watch website - the signature and title are a reward for that hard work and dedication to the series.

watch members who are in the emea and pre-order aciv - are the ones who will benefit from these members contributions - since it should be an interesting communty driven edge to the content, that is sometimes lacking when people who are not directly fans of a game produce it.

Some of the experts are very well known in making videos and fan art for many years.

Some are fairly new - but have shown to be keen making new content for the watch.

I'm sorry that everyone can't be an expert - currently places are limited - and these guys will be doing things to earn the title - it's not a free gift - they are expected to work for it - and it's everyone that will benefit. ;)

all forum members are important - i know some maybe jealous - however i can't do much about that - sorry.

Same as members in the us are jealous of the fact emea members have the watch site - i'm sorry about that too.

cough

silvermercy
04-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Seems cheap promoting someone to expert for linking other people's work . ( pure dedication in action )
All is fair in marketing?? Finding original things is not easy. It can take hours. Besides, we'll be creating a lot of content as well.

edit: one AC fanart of mine alone took me at least 10 hours. Also, a certain amount of the links that I've posted I have anonymously created myself.

Mr_Shade
04-19-2013, 12:50 PM
cough
Get creating then ;)

that line - 'the experts are 'working' for the the watch website - the signature and title are a reward for that hard work and dedication to the series.'

Means putting in hours of dedication, creating content for the site - fanart can take 30 hours plus..

Not dedicated fans, which you all are ;)

montagemik
04-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Just my personal opinion some of the comments relating to the availability of The Watch - I have seen - on other sites - and also in my messages.

I know people might feel they have the right to have everything - but it's not always possible.

The Experts - get a forum title and a signature - as a thank you for helping out - that's a reward for creating content.

I think it's only right they get 'something' ?

Think it would've been only RIGHT to point out this opportunity to ALL members ..........instead of some secret selection .
Such all encompassing community regard Ubisoft implement .
Buy 1 game at xmas - join the site - write a fan-fiction thats deemed worthy = You're an Expert
Buy everything with AC logo attached since day 1 = You're a standard member
Live in North America , write 50 fan fictions = You're a standard member

Entirely dependant on Ubi's definition of 'Dedication to the series'

montagemik
04-19-2013, 01:00 PM
All is fair in marketing?? Finding original things is not easy. It can take hours. Besides, we'll be creating a lot of content as well.

edit: one AC fanart of mine alone took me at least 10 hours

Cool , i've made AC content that took 20-40 hours ..............But they're for PS3 - not suitable cause not everyone has a PS3 .
I should spend hours finding other people's work & really put the hours in .

Clearly it's all about the 'Effort' people put in now . :rolleyes:

Mr_Shade
04-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Cool , i've made AC content that took 20-40 hours ..............But they're for PS3 - not suitable cause not everyone has a PS3 .

Clearly it's all about the 'Effort' people put in now . :rolleyes:I'm sorry you feel that way.

The people selected have all created original content - in one form or another.

As I tried to explain in our recent PMs - if you don't publish items for people to see on the forums, then no one would know you make them.

PS3 themes, maybe would have been considered - if you created them and shared with the community.

Hopefully more members will be added at a later date - and your work considered if you start sharing.

This can go round and round all day, so I have said why people have been chosen - however you keep thinking it's due to using other peoples content - it's not, so will leave it there.

The people selected deserve this chance, if you don't agree with the choices, then we will have to agree to disagree.

Key thing to remember for everyone - if you are creative - share with the community.

silvermercy
04-19-2013, 01:04 PM

Clearly it's all about the 'Effort' people put in now . :rolleyes:
Just a guess... it's all about the hostile air you're emanating in many of your posts?

(Myself, I have created maybe hundreds of hours worth of AC content and I have shared them. Also, I have shared many of my artist commissions, worth hundreds of dollars each. My total cost just for that should be in the thousands).

montagemik
04-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Don't be sorry , I had to realise we're all just customers at some point . Value is determined by how useful we are to Ubisoft , either in sales or online promotion .

I think i understand now.

montagemik
04-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Just a guess... it's all about the hostile air you're emanating in many of your posts?

(Myself, I have created maybe hundreds of hours worth of AC content and I have shared them. Also, I have shared many of my artist commissions, worth hundreds of dollars each. My total cost should be in the thousands).

Says the girl who intentionally TROLLED the entire community with AC4 SEXIST nonsense for a few weeks .

I'll take the moderating from the moderators thanks all the same .

silvermercy
04-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Says the girl who intentionally TROLLED the entire community with AC4 SEXIST nonsense for a few weeks .

I'll take the moderating from the moderators thanks all the same .
I actually meant all that and I simply challenged everyone with a different point of view.

By the way... see what I mean? Hostile again... Most of your posts to people here are hostile.

Mr_Shade
04-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Don't be sorry , I had to realise we're all just customers at some point . Value is determined by how useful we are to Ubisoft , either in sales or online promotion .

I think i understand now.
sigh.

I will leave it now, since no matter how I try to explain - you will always think you are some second class community member - unless you get that signature and title.

If that is not your intention - that is how it is coming across - I have tried to explain why some have been chosen, however that is not good enough.

I suggest you contact your local Ubisoft support/head office to complain - if you wish to do so.

montagemik
04-19-2013, 01:35 PM
sigh.

I will leave it now, since no matter how i try to explain - you will always think you are some second class community member - unless you get that signature..

it is what it is .

montagemik
04-19-2013, 01:38 PM
I actually meant all that and I simply challenged everyone with a different point of view.

By the way... see what I mean? Hostile again... Most of your posts to people here are hostile.

You change what offends you on a weekly basis , Nobody knows what your intentions were in that thread . Sexism was just the current offender you chose.

silvermercy
04-19-2013, 01:40 PM
You change what offends you on a weekly basis , Nobody knows what your intentions were in that thread . Sexism was just the current offender you chose.
You mean unlike you who are 'offended' on a constant daily basis...

Mr_Shade
04-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Right - I'm locking the thread - since my words are only being twisted against me and are being used to troll.

If you wish to complain about this - contact your local Ubisoft head office.

end of discussion - this thread has gone way off course, and I'm not here to be personally attacked / trolled to justify why certain people have been chosen for the watch - it appears certain members have deep feelings about some that have been chosen, so it's getting personal.