PDA

View Full Version : Uraxor, I raise you to inspect my army of undead!

RedDevilCG
04-19-2013, 03:55 AM
Haha, actually anyone giving me some advice would be great =D

I'm about a week into the game. I started necro, and am playing with about 3 boxes worth of cards plus the starter.

~650 ELO.

I'm enjoying the game, and do consistent against all factions except Inferno, where their Juggernauts/Ravagers and cheap direct damage spells just destroy any creature at 6 health or less in a single round. I try to compensate by flooding the field with cheap creatures that can survive the onslaught and use Death-Seal's to even out the playing field, while constantly bringing creatures back onto the field from my graveyard and generally being all Necromancer-like.

Could anyone have a look at my deck and offer some suggestions? http://mmdoc.net/show_deck/1638/

I'm constantly swapping cards and trying new things. I've traded the Agony's out for Weaknesses or Ice walls, and back again. I've used Ghouls and less campfires, but I enjoy using a campfire on turn 4 to drop a 2 and 3 cost creature on the field at once and skip the ghouls. I've run higher level creatures (Putrid Lamasu's and a Ghost Dragon) but the Putrid Lamasu's die to the Juggernauts/Ravagers just as fast as the much cheaper Lamasu's.

What's the way to counter Inferno rush decks with Necro using cards that are just as easy to get as their Inferno counterparts?

Thanks for your time and best of luck to you all on the battlefield!

Harmbringer
04-19-2013, 08:05 AM
Pretty good deck for a new player!
Throw out the remaining spells. Pull in some more Creatures!

RedDevilCG
04-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback! So toss out all the spells, or just the Agony's? I've been experimenting with the Agony's to help me reduce the lifespan of Juggernauts and Ravagers.

I do admit that the idea of not having Death Seals for the big creatures is kinda scary to me xD

Do you think I should invest in some higher cost creatures or put in something like 4x Ravenous Ghouls?

Thanks all!

Uraxor
04-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Ok ... I'll to help :D

Really weak cards:
Month of the Emerald Song
Agony

Weak cards:
Week of the Weaponsmiths
Sea Elf Archer
Death Seal
Altar of Eternal Servitude
Graveyard

Missing:
4th Vampire Knight & Archlich
Broken Bridges (Ravager is for 4 - and especially if he stacks lane, these will help you to gain advantage & board control easily)
Paos ~once you get them
Banshees ~ again, once you get them
Rite of Necromantic Transfer ~ VR card, but especially once you have Banshees and Paos it's a game breaker (don't bother with it earlier though)
Mana Storms: once you get them, you'll be able to slow down those pesky inferno spells (obviously, you need to take the spells out first)
t1 Ghouls ... if you get space for them, they provide at least something to open the game with. Or you can use them as cheap blockers.

Hope that helps a bit ;)

RedDevilCG
04-20-2013, 12:28 AM
Hey he appeared! My Necromantic magic must be strong ;)

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately I don't have any of the missing cards (except ghouls) that you mentioned. Guess I'll just have to grind out some more packs and hope I get what I need.

RedDevilCG
04-20-2013, 04:52 AM
So, this is what I managed to coble together towards all your advice and what I had on hand. All spells were removed, 1 cost ghouls popped in and a couple other things. I also expanded upon the fortunes.

Have a look and tell me what you think! http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/1679/

BTW, it's possible for me to toss out the alter of shadows for Observatory's.

Uraxor
04-20-2013, 10:09 AM
4x Asha uses All is way too much, I'd suggest 3 or even 2 copies only.
Altar of Shadows .. only case I can think of when you got opponent down to <3hp, are about to lose control of the board entirely and get overrun and killed. You got Bridge & Pao on hand, but not enough resources to play the combo (but didn't need to play a card this turn ..) and need to just weather the turn out to deal the finishing blow next turn ... so yeah, take them out.
You can try adding few Mass Graves (great especially for Wolf Captains), just be careful with using 'em as they'll leave you empty-handed very easily.

I would also say 4 Mana Storms, to block out as much magic as possible.. :)

RedDevilCG
04-20-2013, 10:11 AM
That's all the Mana Storms I got unfortunately :P