PDA

View Full Version : Connor deserves another game!

CalledChip4200
04-19-2013, 01:55 AM
The last DLC comes out next week and some people believe it's the last time we will see Connor. I refuse to believe this because I feel that Connor's story isn't finished yet. His story has so much potential. After watching the cutscene at the end of AC3, although I knew that was the end of the game, it felt incomplete. I was seriously waiting for another mission to pop up on the map. Please Ubisoft, I really hope The Tyranny of King Washington isn't the end of Connor. AC3 despite the glitches and bugs, was a beautiful game. The storyline, side missions (especially Homestead missions), amazing setting and Connor's character have all combined beautifully and it is no joke the best game I have ever played in a very long time.

Am I the only one who thinks Connor deserves another game?
Apologies if this poll has already been created.

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 01:59 AM
Good luck with the Ezio fanboys who`ll soon flood this thread, mate...

Btw, they`ll ask sarcastically "What is Connor left to do ?" then follow it with silly excuses of how "he`s done" and that "he has nothing left to do" and if you tell them, but Ezio had nothing left to do after AC II, they`ll come up with even sillier excuses of how "He was not done" and that "Brotherhood, AC II-sequel, made sense"

there are some, not necessarily Ezio fanboys, who`ll say "2 games for one character is too much", but when you tell them Ezio again they`ll say "And it made Ezio boring, I hated it"

So like I said, good luck...

TheBearJew32
04-19-2013, 02:06 AM
Apologies if this poll has already been created.

You're excused...

CalledChip4200
04-19-2013, 02:11 AM
Thank you Assassin_M. I know there are a lot of Ezio fans. But Connor is different to Ezio. AC3 is a completely different game to AC2. Ezio's story is finished but Connor's story has so much more potential. There are many other things Connor can do. That's up to Ubisoft to decide if they make another game.

poptartz20
04-19-2013, 02:19 AM
I would personally love to see another Connor game. I feel that if the Devs or reps really do come to the forums and look at what fans did and didn't like about the game I think that It could have so much potential to it. AC3 was a stepping stone into something greater for the franchise. What they will do with we will have to wait and see.

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 03:13 AM
Yes Connor deserves another game, and no I don't think he's done yet. We WILL get another game with him sooner or later.. Ezio fanboys be damned!

warner4692
04-19-2013, 03:15 AM
Good luck with the Ezio fanboys who`ll soon flood this thread, mate...

Btw, they`ll ask sarcastically "What is Connor left to do ?" then follow it with silly excuses of how "he`s done" and that "he has nothing left to do" and if you tell them, but Ezio had nothing left to do after AC II, they`ll come up with even sillier excuses of how "He was not done" and that "Brotherhood, AC II-sequel, made sense"

there are some, not necessarily Ezio fanboys, who`ll say "2 games for one character is too much", but when you tell them Ezio again they`ll say "And it made Ezio boring, I hated it"

So like I said, good luck...

God. You really are just an all-'round bucket of joy, aren't you?

Thank you Assassin_M. I know there are a lot of Ezio fans. But Connor is different to Ezio. AC3 is a completely different game to AC2. Ezio's story is finished but Connor's story has so much more potential. There are many other things Connor can do. That's up to Ubisoft to decide if they make another game.

I don't know if I'd like another Connor game. Initially, I said no, but I think everyone deserves at least two games.

CalledChip4200
04-19-2013, 06:37 AM
Yes Connor deserves another game, and no I don't think he's done yet. We WILL get another game with him sooner or later.. Ezio fanboys be damned!

I hope so pirate. Ezio fanboys can fanboy all they want. Go ahead but I'm not talking about Ezio right now. This is for Connor.
Exactly. He's not done yet. That's why we need another game that will finish his story. A lot of people don't think he deserves another story because they are blinded by other things like "Connor is boring" or "Connor is ok but he's nothing compared to Ezio". I played AC3 as a huge fan of AC games and whoever the main character is, I put myself in their shoes and I become the assassin and you will notice that they are all different in their own way. I respect all AC characters and I'm not playing favourites here but after playing AC3, Connor's story feels incomplete. I only wish that others can see that. Thank you for your comment pirate

True_Assassin92
04-19-2013, 08:15 AM
I don't want a second game, not because I don't like Connor, but because I think there is nothing left to do in America. I thought it was a pretty dull area whereas the french revolution would offer so much more, but he doesn't fit there and he'd be too old. Although I'd rather want them to go back and go to Ancient greece or Caesar's time of conquest.

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 08:22 AM
I hope so pirate. Ezio fanboys can fanboy all they want. Go ahead but I'm not talking about Ezio right now. This is for Connor.
Exactly. He's not done yet. That's why we need another game that will finish his story. A lot of people don't think he deserves another story because they are blinded by other things like "Connor is boring" or "Connor is ok but he's nothing compared to Ezio". I played AC3 as a huge fan of AC games and whoever the main character is, I put myself in their shoes and I become the assassin and you will notice that they are all different in their own way. I respect all AC characters and I'm not playing favourites here but after playing AC3, Connor's story feels incomplete. I only wish that others can see that. Thank you for your comment pirate

Thing is, people say Ubi ditched Connor because of the negative reception. But Black Flag was in development long ago. So in any case it was not gonna feature Connor; good reception or not. The next game after BF will be the one which will actually show how well he was received. Altair returned after a gap of two games, albeit in a truncated form. Who is to say we will not see our favourite Native again in the future? AC is not like your typical franchise, it can go back and move forward in time as it pleases. Now will BF, for the first time we are going back in time. Who says we won't be doing that again in the future? Maybe through memory seals? Plenty of options.There were plenty of hints in AC3 regarding future Connor games. Ratonhnhake:ton isn't done yet!

Long story short; Naysayers gonna naysay, but when the next Connor game is announced I'll be here will a bigass I TOLD YOU SO! and Connor trolldancing banner in my sig.

Sushiglutton
04-19-2013, 08:25 AM
I think Connor deserves retirement. He had an extremelyt tough first game and in the end he lost everything. Now you want him to do it all again? That is asking a bit too much. Connor should rest now. I'm also not sure if Noah will be able to do another game. Holding the same tone for hours and hours of dialogue kind of wears on ones voice. Meh I think it would be best for everyone if Ubi moved forward with another Kenway.

CalledChip4200
04-19-2013, 08:45 AM
I think Connor deserves retirement. He had an extremelyt tough first game and in the end he lost everything. Now you want him to do it all again? That is asking a bit too much. Connor should rest now. I'm also not sure if Noah will be able to do another game. Holding the same tone for hours and hours of dialogue kind of wears on ones voice. Meh I think it would be best for everyone if Ubi moved forward with another Kenway.

A fine point Sushi. I agree it is very selfish and asking for too much but like you said, Connor deserves retirement. AC3 didn't show Connor retiring. Maybe the DLC will and we might see this next week. Even if Connor lost everything despite all his efforts, I don't think he is the kind of person that would just give up with life and retire. Moving forward is great. I'm very much looking forward to AC4 but I will not accept AC3 as the last time we will see Connor. He deserves more

CalledChip4200
04-19-2013, 08:56 AM
I don't want a second game, not because I don't like Connor, but because I think there is nothing left to do in America. I thought it was a pretty dull area whereas the french revolution would offer so much more, but he doesn't fit there and he'd be too old. Although I'd rather want them to go back and go to Ancient greece or Caesar's time of conquest.

I respect your opinion. And yes playing AC in different time periods like Ancient Greece would definitely be a great experience. Maybe you're right. There might not be nothing left to do in America but is it just that AC3 is the end of Connor? If not another game, the least they can do is have him appear in future games like they did with Altair

CalledChip4200
04-19-2013, 09:07 AM
Thing is, people say Ubi ditched Connor because of the negative reception. But Black Flag was in development long ago. So in any case it was not gonna feature Connor; good reception or not. The next game after BF will be the one which will actually show how well he was received. Altair returned after a gap of two games, albeit in a truncated form. Who is to say we will not see our favourite Native again in the future? AC is not like your typical franchise, it can go back and move forward in time as it pleases. Now will BF, for the first time we are going back in time. Who says we won't be doing that again in the future? Maybe through memory seals? Plenty of options.There were plenty of hints in AC3 regarding future Connor games. Ratonhnhake:ton isn't done yet!

Long story short; Naysayers gonna naysay, but when the next Connor game is announced I'll be here will a bigass I TOLD YOU SO! and Connor trolldancing banner in my sig.

Pirate, you are truly wise. I understand that BF was already in development but all the negative reception might prompt Ubisoft to scrap Connor altogether. Nonetheless, I am hoping what you've written becomes reality one day

ze_topazio
04-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Aveline needs one too.

CalledChip4200
04-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Aveline needs one too.

Most definitely! Or any female protagonist for that matter. Also, it's a shame that Liberation was only made available on PS Vita. Another selfish desire but I wish it was made available on all consoles so everyone has the chance to play

pacmanate
04-19-2013, 12:31 PM
How many threads do we need. The Kenway Saga was already planned to have Edwards game next. Ubisoft did a survey to see if people wanted another Connor game. Just because Connor doesn't get a game straight after AC3 doesn't mean he won't get one.

CalledChip4200
04-19-2013, 12:45 PM
How many threads do we need. The Kenway Saga was already planned to have Edwards game next. Ubisoft did a survey to see if people wanted another Connor game. Just because Connor doesn't get a game straight after AC3 doesn't mean he won't get one.

That's why I apologised and I apologise again. I'm a forum novice so forgive my ignorance. I wasn't aware that Ubisoft surveyed everyone. Where did they do this? Yes I know that BF was already in development for a while and it isn't rational to expect another game straight after AC3 but Ubisoft will only continue Connor's story depending on gamer's reactions. This is why I am trying. I respect your comment regardless

pacmanate
04-19-2013, 03:35 PM
That's why I apologised and I apologise again. I'm a forum novice so forgive my ignorance. I wasn't aware that Ubisoft surveyed everyone. Where did they do this? Yes I know that BF was already in development for a while and it isn't rational to expect another game straight after AC3 but Ubisoft will only continue Connor's story depending on gamer's reactions. This is why I am trying. I respect your comment regardless

I just saw the title of the thread and posted a comment, I didn't read the rest haha

warner4692
04-19-2013, 09:33 PM

You're right about Ubisoft, though. As a general rule, game developers and publishers don't always listen to their receptions, because they know fans tend to have a different opinion. ACR, for example...

But not Ubisoft. If they see anymore than 10 negative comments about Connor anywhere on the internet, they'll drop him like a hot potato.

xx-pyro
04-20-2013, 12:02 AM
Connor doesn't deserve another game, just like Ezio didn't deserve another game. What makes a character "deserve" more? At least Ezio was likable to the majority of the fan base, while Connor was not. They DO have to take that into account when making a game. Now me, personally, I don't have a preferred protagonist because I see elements of myself in both Ezio and Connor (not so much Altair, besides being straight to the point). They drew Ezio out longer than they should have but thankfully did it in a story complementing way, I'd rather they not continue on with Connor at all, his story was pretty conclusive.

CalledChip4200
04-20-2013, 04:16 AM
Connor doesn't deserve another game, just like Ezio didn't deserve another game. What makes a character "deserve" more? At least Ezio was likable to the majority of the fan base, while Connor was not. They DO have to take that into account when making a game. Now me, personally, I don't have a preferred protagonist because I see elements of myself in both Ezio and Connor (not so much Altair, besides being straight to the point). They drew Ezio out longer than they should have but thankfully did it in a story complementing way, I'd rather they not continue on with Connor at all, his story was pretty conclusive.

That’s fair enough xx. Those are all valid points. Yes of course Ubisoft must take into account what the majority of the fans desire and I understand that. Like yourself, I do not have a preferred protagonist either but sometimes when I play a game like Assassin’s Creed and I play it for days straight, it becomes my life for that moment in time. My entire mindset is focused on AC. I forget about the world for a while. The storyline is constantly replaying in my head. I try to put myself in the protagonist’s shoes. See the world through their eyes. Call me pathetic, sue me, whatnot. Games are more than just games to me. In doing this, I thought Ezio’s entire storyline was perfect. I thought Altair’s was perfect. Even though Altair was only given one main game, they finished his story. Gave him closure. Ezio was privileged enough to be given three games and I am glad he got all three. Those three games summed up his story beautifully and it would not be the same Assassin’s Creed if it were any less. Connor’s storyline however, did not feel complete to me. His storyline only helped to conclude Desmond’s story. I have too much respect for all the assassins to let Connor’s story go just like that. If Ubisoft will only continue Connor’s story based on gamer’s reactions and the only thing I have in my power is to hopelessly write irrational posts on forums, so be it. However, you’re completely entitled to your own opinion xx and I accept that.

CalledChip4200
04-20-2013, 04:20 AM
You're right about Ubisoft, though. As a general rule, game developers and publishers don't always listen to their receptions, because they know fans tend to have a different opinion. ACR, for example...

But not Ubisoft. If they see anymore than 10 negative comments about Connor anywhere on the internet, they'll drop him like a hot potato.

Well for Connor's sake, I do hope you're wrong

warner4692
04-21-2013, 03:56 AM
Well for Connor's sake, I do hope you're wrong

I hope so, too. But, if what they did to Desmond and Altair is any indicator...

predatorpulse7
04-23-2013, 06:20 PM
LOL at these concepts.

There's no such things as a character DESERVING a sequel, it's part of a vision that the people who make these games have.

In Ezio's case(correct me if I am mistaken) there were 2 games planned, when AC2 was pushed out the gates Brotherhood development had already started. Whether they split Ezio's games in 2 because of the huge maps and workload or because they thought Ezio's character would be well liked(or maybe they just wanted the players to pay twice) is up for debate but it was planned. The only game that was Ezio milking was ACR, sprinkled with a bit of nostalgia for those that loved Altair. ACR was pretty undercooked in my opinion(it's clear that they ran out of ideas so they decided to shoehorn Ezio in there somewhere) but it was marketed as "the end of Ezio's journey" so it was pretty much adressed only to those that really liked Ezio as the story seemed kinda rushed and meh plus the new elements weren't that interesting when compared to Brotherhood.

Connor's story cycle seemed to be AC3 and subsequent DLC's. Flame me all you want or call me a Ezio fanboy but the way the makers of the game framed his story it seemed, that for the time of development, this was pretty much it. Sure, you could make another game with Connor because you can milk any AC character if you so desire it. Imagine how many Altair games you could make for the time period after AC1.

My guess is that Ubi have no plans to resurrect Connor in the foreseeable future.

jayjay275
04-23-2013, 06:31 PM
He does need another game to continue his story and develop his character more.