PDA

View Full Version : Thursday COMBO CLASH - 18/04/2013 - The Shi-No-Shi-Shuffle

Aza404
04-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Dear champions,

Here’s today’s Combo Clash : The Shi-No-Shi-Shuffle by Redgo01!

How does it work?
Sacrifice a Shi-No-Shi played previously by using Rite of Necromantic transfer in order to get a creature back from your graveyard. You can see how the player used this to get a Banshee back, but it can be used with any creature.
Then play a Wandering Bard to bring the Shi-No-Shi back from your graveyard!

Check out the video below to see how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w__HrXzTuWc

Enjoy,
Aza

Uraxor
04-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Back from your library, not graveyard ~

The video shows Shino in Graveyard when Redgo uses Atroposes ability.. You shouldn't be able to get Shino back that way, imo.

redgo01
04-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Back from your library, not graveyard ~

The video shows Shino in Graveyard when Redgo uses Atroposes ability.. You shouldn't be able to get Shino back that way, imo.
You're right, I was also confused that I could get Shi-No-Shi from graveyard.

RedDevilCG
04-21-2013, 12:18 AM
Wait, what's going on here? Is this a bug or something? Wasn't Shi-No-Shi still in the graveyard at that point?

N4rc1ss
04-21-2013, 02:14 AM
Agree with other commentator

According to the Shi No Shi description :
When this creature is put into your graveyard, shuffle it into your library

If this "shuffling into library" action is supposedly triggered at the end of the turn. Therefore this combo is not valid.
Otherwise if this action is triggered immediately after Shi No Shi is put into graveyard, it should not be listed in graveyard.

I think it should be the 2nd case, as in 0:27, Shi No Shi was not there, but after a split second, it appears

redgo01
04-23-2013, 07:49 AM
According to the Shi No Shi description :
When this creature is put into your graveyard, shuffle it into your library
If this "shuffling into library" action is supposedly triggered at the end of the turn.

I would say that it doesn't happen at the end of the turn, but it is similar to MTG - there is some kind of stack of effects. I played Altar of Asha to kill Shi-No-Shi to ressurect Atropos, then deploy it for free (effect of Altar of Asha), but when I did this, another effect had triggered - ressurecting 2 other crearures. After I chose them, the effect of Atropos had ended, then effect of Altar of Asha - the stack of effects was empty (all of them was resolved), therefore Shi-No-Shi was shuffled to my library.