PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed IV Collectors Editon?

BigTrevor94
04-18-2013, 02:09 AM
I read about a "Black Chest" edition of AC4 and I'm not sure but is it available in the US or just EU? Let me know :)

thecodeman715
04-18-2013, 02:38 AM
Just for EMEA... Us Americans will probably have to wait for July like last year for the announcement :/

BigTrevor94
04-18-2013, 02:43 AM
Just for EMEA... Us Americans will probably have to wait for July like last year for the announcement :/

Thanks, I hope we get it. some badass stuff in there

BATISTABUS
04-18-2013, 04:54 AM
Chances are it will be pretty close, but I highly doubt it'll be identical. I doubt we will get lithographs or prints, and the box will most probably be made of cardboard.

waynedavies89
04-18-2013, 10:01 AM
If you do get the 2 Lithographs and canvas prints, they will probably be different the the EU versions

silvermercy
04-18-2013, 10:24 AM
It may not be called Black Chest edition though. Last year America got Limited Edition instead of Freedom Edition (Europe) and I think it was the equivalent to AC4 Buccaneer Edition (in terms of price).

montagemik
04-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Chances are it will be pretty close, but I highly doubt it'll be identical. I doubt we will get lithographs or prints, and the box will most probably be made of cardboard.

But you're still getting it - right ?

NekoKera
04-18-2013, 10:46 AM
NA/US always get the watered down edition when it comes to Assassin's Creed. It has been that way since AC2 was announced. I was actually going to post a picture comparing all the editions but it likely would have taken up the whole page space with just EU Editions of all the past games. I'm willing to bet there will be no litho or anything that takes it over the top. At best I am hoping for statue, cheap plastic/fabric, the game, and an artbook. That is "if" the U.S. gets a Limited Edition and not another "Signature Edition" or "GameStop Edition." Each time a new AC was announced I would get my hopes up for an amazing Collector's or Limited Edition but after AC:R I have given up hope and just get whatever they decide to spit out and deal with it. Probably comes down to cost and I'm sure I am not the only American that wants to get their hands on a chunk of goodies every year which would probably mean they would need to account for all those extra people and the cost of manufacturing thousands more of that particular piece, which why should they when they can sell the package for the same price with fewer features and less resources and people will still pay for it? :confused:

Although it seems unlikely that there will be an equal-valued special edition to the Black Chest Edition in the US...here's hoping though.... :p

Don't get me wrong, I'll still probably get it, if it is reasonable. Just a bit deflating knowing that it isn't a "complete" package.

ShiverMaTimbers
04-18-2013, 07:06 PM
YES mystic_wolf83 come f***ing talk to me thats cute cause in this country that is Portugal we cant pre-order any of the editions not even the normal with nothing on it at least you get some f***ing editions so STFU, stop f***ing complaining and remember that there are countries like mine that cant get any edition OK?!?!?!?!
STFU AND THANK GOD THAT YOU WILL HAVE ANY OF THE SPECIAL EDITIONS OK?!?!?!?!?!?!

montagemik
04-18-2013, 08:41 PM
YES mystic_wolf83 come f***ing talk to me thats cute cause in this country that is Portugal we cant pre-order any of the editions not even the normal with nothing on it at least you get some f***ing editions so STFU, stop f***ing complaining and remember that there are countries like mine that cant get any edition OK?!?!?!?!
STFU AND THANK GOD THAT YOU WILL HAVE ANY OF THE SPECIAL EDITIONS OK?!?!?!?!?!?!

Couldn't you Import a region 2 Special / collectors edition from a retail site somewhere in Europe ?

No Black Chest edition - But every other edition might be possible . worth looking into at least.

ElectroPuff
04-18-2013, 09:17 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/31259140.jpg

NekoKera
04-19-2013, 04:18 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/31259140.jpg

^ THIS.

To lordoflight4, rather than trying to insult me, which is completely uncalled for, why not agree and/or mention that Portugal doesn't get a Special Release? I'm willing to bet people, including myself did not know that Portugal doesn't get a Special Release just as some people did not know U.S. Editions are a bit underplayed. My post was not meant to be whiny but only as a means of venting, which I had done without using CAPS or belittling people that had pre-ordered some other edition. And I will be getting whatever edition they put out for my region because that is simply what is offered. If feasible I would start a poll but realistically there aren't enough people that are bothered by the fact the way I am and clearly not enough people that are as upset as you clearly are.

CalledChip4200
04-19-2013, 04:40 AM
Guys, forget special editions. I am grateful that I have the chance to play AC games. I am thankful for the disk

BATISTABUS
04-19-2013, 06:15 AM
But you're still getting it - right ?
I sure will!