PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood and Templar Lairs

tmcd35
04-17-2013, 06:50 AM
Just want to vent my spleen a bit, It'll make me feel better before I try this again for the millionth time!

I played through both Arkham games just before Christmas and was looking for something similar/new to play. Discovered Assassins Creed a couple of months back and have now played through 1, 2, and most of Brotherhood back to back. I have Revelations sitting on the coffee table waiting to be played...

I am now on Memory Sequence 8, and am just cleaning up the last few side missions before completing the main story. I am doing a Templar Lair that I believe is a DLC add-on. It's set in the aqueducts. It is the most frustrating experience I've had so far. Seriously how difficult is this supposed to be?

I've hated these Templar Lairs, and the Assassins Seals in ACII. If I wanted to play Tomb Raider or Uncharted I'd have bought Tomb Raider or Uncharted dammit! Seriously, how can the character be sooo controller and responsive everywhere else in the game and so unresponsive during these sections?

And how did this ever get through testing? Surely someone should have said - "you know what, we need a checkpoint when the player reaches the top of the mine". I'm chasing down the Templar and am constantly dieing on some of the uncontrollable jumps on the way up. Then I get to the top to find another uncontrollable jump and have to climb from the bottom again - arggghhhhh!!!!!

Someone please tell me it gets easier? Tell me they have rethought these sections in Reverlations and ACIII?

It's too late for AV:IV but, for AC:V - if any devs read these forums - please, please please look at what the focus of these games actually is - IT IS NOT TOMB RAIDER!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening to my rant ;)

Assassin_M
04-17-2013, 06:55 AM
It gets worse in ACR and AC III

In ACR you`re pit in a chamber full of water and you have to constantly use Archimedes` principle of water Density and apply harder methods of said tomb raider levels and free running techniques......
you`re screwed

silvermercy
04-17-2013, 08:18 AM
^ LOL

And here I was about to suggest more Tomb Raider-like crypts. To make AC more creepy. lol I like creepy games.

pineal_gland
04-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah, please drain all the atmosphere out of the franchise.
It wasn't what made the games awesome anyway.

pineal_gland
04-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Tomb raider... are you for real?
Don't you think they got inspired by this kind of stuff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHMt82W_g8Y

They had this theme in every game.

"History is our playground"

MasterAssasin84
04-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Tomb raider... are you for real?
Don't you think they got inspired by this kind of stuff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHMt82W_g8Y

They had this theme in every game.

"History is our playground"

Reminds me of the catacombs running under the Santa Maria Novella in Firenze ( AC2 )

tmcd35
04-17-2013, 05:10 PM
It gets worse in ACR and AC III

In ACR you`re pit in a chamber full of water and you have to constantly use Archimedes` principle of water Density and apply harder methods of said tomb raider levels and free running techniques......
you`re screwed

Oh dear god, please, noooooo...

Well at least the PS3 controller survived the bounce test then. Maybe I can sue Ubisoft for the cost a new controller when this one breaks?

It's a shame, because the rest of the game is so good :(

SixKeys
04-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Oh dear god, please, noooooo...

Well at least the PS3 controller survived the bounce test then. Maybe I can sue Ubisoft for the cost a new controller when this one breaks?

It's a shame, because the rest of the game is so good :(

He's just messing with you. ;) IMO the lairs in ACR and AC3 were much easier than in AC2 and AC3, mainly because they were shorter. They're also entirely optional.

d4st4n96
04-17-2013, 06:01 PM
He's just messing with you. ;) IMO the lairs in ACR and AC3 were much easier than in AC2 and AC3, mainly because they were shorter. They're also entirely optional.
''... the lairs in ACR and AC3 were much easier than in AC2 and AC3...'' you don't say? Ac3 tombs were much ''easier'' than in Ac3? Cool thanks :) xDD

Assassin_M
04-17-2013, 06:02 PM
the ones in ACR aren't really entirely optional:rolleyes:

nitres15
04-17-2013, 06:11 PM
i don´t want to be "that guy". but maybe you should just finetune your free-runing skills, it is easy as poop

BATISTABUS
04-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Are you kidding? Lairs are awesome. They might just be the best addition from Ac1 to Ac2.

tmcd35
04-17-2013, 07:02 PM
He's just messing with you. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/wink.png IMO the lairs in ACR and AC3 were much easier than in AC2 and AC3, mainly because they were shorter. They're also entirely optional.

You're 100% right, which is why after another 10 attempts I've aborted the memory! I can complete the game without it, thanks!

i don´t want to be "that guy". but maybe you should just finetune your free-runing skills, it is easy as poop

I agree, it should be. But one time in 5 I can make it to the top only to get to another jump and no matter how I push the controller Etzo jumps at an angle and misses the opposite platform, pah!

I know what the problem is (poor workman about to blame his tools). The camera angels are fixed and totally ****e. Add to that the slight misalignment on the Dual Shocks analogue stick and I have no hope :(

Are you kidding? Lairs are awesome. They might just be the best addition from Ac1 to Ac2.

Are you kidding? I want assassinations, cities, freedom, people, interaction. Not Tomb Raider climbing and puzzle solving. Grrr....

pineal_gland
04-17-2013, 07:55 PM
You just suck at it.

tmcd35
04-17-2013, 08:10 PM
You just suck at it.

Thanks!

Billiam301
04-17-2013, 08:16 PM
How can't you like the Tombs?! they were one of the best bits of AC2/B/R apart from the maiden tower one in revelations :) though I didn't think they were great an AC3

Assassin_M
04-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Thanks!
Respect

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-17-2013, 08:24 PM
There's Lairs in AC3¿?¿?¿?¿?

Where?

Assassin_M
04-17-2013, 08:25 PM
There's Lairs in AC3¿?¿?¿?¿?
Captain Kidd`s treasure hunt they`re called

Billiam301
04-17-2013, 08:27 PM
they were nothing like the tombs in AC2 though, and some were way too short

Assassin_M
04-17-2013, 08:28 PM
they were nothing like the tombs in AC2 though
they`re not supposed to be

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Captain Kidd`s treasure hunt they`re called

Oh didnt really think of them as lairs, tho they were pretty easy

Assassin_M
04-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Oh didnt really think of them as lairs, tho they were pretty easy
I`d say they were pretty short..

except that mad doctor`s castle one...that was awesome

Billiam301
04-17-2013, 08:32 PM
they`re not supposed to be

I know but I just didn't enjoy them as much, the one in Caribbean ship wreck and the one in the northwest passage literally took me a couple of minutes and they weren't challenging at all

Assassin_M
04-17-2013, 08:33 PM
I know but I just didn't enjoy them as much, the one in Caribbean ship wreck and the one in the northwest passage literally took me a couple of minutes and they weren't challenging at all
I know...short as hell

BATISTABUS
04-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Are you kidding? I want assassinations, cities, freedom, people, interaction. Not Tomb Raider climbing and puzzle solving. Grrr....
And having both is impossible? The missions aren't even moderately difficult. They're a ton of fun, and the architecture is always impressive. Deal with it. :cool:

tmcd35
04-17-2013, 08:53 PM
And having both is impossible? The missions aren't even moderately difficult. Deal with it. :cool:

Lol, I have! Voicing my frustrations is all.

Actually just looked at the trophies list and found out I'm still missing 2 lairs which I need for trophies and getting the templar treasure under the Colosseum. You know what, I am happy to moan my way through both of them because they have something valuable attached. And have done ALL the others in this game and the last! It's just this one DLC "Liquid Gold" one, It needs a checkpoint at the top of the mine so when I miss time that last bloody jump I don't have to restart the entire bloody climb all over again!!! Still apparently all you get out of it is 4000f and a dead templar. Not worth the frustration and another 1000 climbs just to get the one bloody jump timed correctly.

I suck :(

Assassin_M
04-17-2013, 08:54 PM
Lol, I have! Voicing my frustrations is all.

Actually just looked at the trophies list and found out I'm still missing 2 lairs which I need for trophies and getting the templar treasure under the Colosseum. You know what, I am happy to moan my way through both of them because they have something valuable attached. And have done ALL the others in this game and the last! It's just this one DLC "Liquid Gold" one, It needs a checkpoint at the top of the mine so when I miss time that last bloody jump I don't have to restart the entire bloody climb all over again!!! Still apparently all you get out of it is 4000f and a dead templar. Not worth the frustration and another 1000 climbs just to get the one bloody jump timed correctly.

I suck :(
did you try Youtube ?

tmcd35
04-17-2013, 09:13 PM
did you try Youtube ?

Yep, it's got me out of one or two sticking situations in the past :D I usually have a few goes then if I really get stuck and can't work it out I'll find a walk though or youtube vid. This time though youtube can't help.

I just can't get the analogue stick pointing right at the fixed camera angle for this one very short jump! And the jump is just in the wrong place, at the end of a long climb. The more frustrated I get the more I muck up other parts on the way back up again.

A previous poster is right, I need to practice my free running. It's just that I've done the rest and can't believe I'm the only person getting frustrated by this sort of thing. oh-hum ;)

EDIT: Just done the one thing I shouldn't have done - looked on youtube! The checkpoint was on the other side of the last jump! Followed by a short chase and an assassination. Damn I was that close!

I might yet go back to it once I've done the rest...

Megas_Doux
04-17-2013, 10:56 PM
I`d say they were pretty short..

except that mad doctor`s castle one...that was awesome

Fort wolcott is good!

Aphex_Tim
04-18-2013, 05:24 AM
I just can't get the analogue stick pointing right at the fixed camera angle for this one very short jump! And the jump is just in the wrong place, at the end of a long climb. The more frustrated I get the more I muck up other parts on the way back up again.

Is it perhaps a jump to the back while hanging from a ledge? Cause these jumps sometimes have very awkward camera angles but to make the jump, you don't have to push the stick anywhere and just press R1+X.

tmcd35
04-18-2013, 06:45 AM
Is it perhaps a jump to the back while hanging from a ledge? Cause these jumps sometimes have very awkward camera angles but to make the jump, you don't have to push the stick anywhere and just press R1+X.

No, it's a jump forward but the camera angle is fixed and weird. What ever I do he jumps either left or right of the platform opposite. The joke is I quit the memory and went straight out and climbed some ruins for a borgia flag, no problem. Took out the final borgia captain and climbed the tower, no problem. I've done all the other templar lairs (bar two that are not unlocked yet). I can even pretty consistently (unless I start getting frustrated) climb up to this same jump point. Ezio just doesn't seem to want to do this final jump and kill this annoying templar!