PDA

View Full Version : [Spoliers] We will play as Desmond in AC4 present time

Jack-Reacher
04-17-2013, 06:27 AM
Well, not at first. At first we will simply be playing as Haythams dad, as if it were the present day. The game will literally be set at that time period, with Haytham as the main character, no animus involved. However at some point Haytham will stumble upon a Peace of Eden hidden by Minerva, how he finds it is left to AC4s sub games.
Minerva hid this Peace of eden to show a vision of the future, and this future is Desmonds death, the same scene we see at the end of AC3. She realises that Desmond made the wrong choice to let Juno out and wants Haythams dad to stop it.

This involves Haythams father being set a task that will make a fork in the timeline that will stop Desmonds sacrifice from ever occuring, sorta like the movie De Ja Vu, the timeline with Desmond simply vanishes.

So Desmond will look back on Haythams father and haytham will plant clues and notes for Desmond which will provide more clues on how to stop the solar flare without releasing Juno, and every time he changes something in the future, Minerva sees this change and adds it to the POE for haythams father to read, which the new Desmond then reads.

Thus we are eventually led with a universe controlleed by Minerva that eventually reaches an equillibrium and peace is restored to the AC universe, a universe where Lucy didn't die and Ubisoft gets another shot at making Vidics assassination have more class.

ProletariatPleb
04-17-2013, 06:29 AM
Deadmond is...well dead and there is no way he's coming back and that's a good thing.

Assassin_M
04-17-2013, 06:29 AM
Sorry, but no...

Also, Sorry again, but....the story is ridiculous and complex as it is...no need to provide more loose ends and stupid knots..

Jack-Reacher
04-17-2013, 06:41 AM
Deadmond is...well dead and there is no way he's coming back and that's a good thing.

Well yeah he is dead now, however Haythams father will see this and prevent his death... I have already stated in the opening post.

pirate1802
04-17-2013, 06:46 AM
Where's my fish when i need it...

AjinkyaParuleka
04-17-2013, 07:14 AM
This isn't Bioshock Infinite...and please no time traveling between ancestors..

Jack-Reacher
04-17-2013, 07:23 AM
This isn't time travelling, all the sci fi elements I described are already in the series.

monster_rambo
04-17-2013, 07:30 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/210/119/+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png

Soulid_Snake
04-17-2013, 07:32 AM
Did they confirm his death? I still not convinced!

ProletariatPleb
04-17-2013, 07:34 AM
-_- Yes they also released a screenshot of Abstergo taking his body and his memories have been uploaded to their servers and using which we will probably play in AC4

Assassin_M
04-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Yeah, they should release a pic of him in a body bag with his hidden blade broken titled "End of a Journey" :p

I think that would be enough to convince everyone

monster_rambo
04-17-2013, 07:36 AM
So are we going to experience bleeding effects or is that no longer the case?

xx-pyro
04-17-2013, 07:37 AM
I'm pretty sure he is dead, this is just like when people thought Lucy wasn't a Templar despite the rather obvious words coming out of Juno's mouth.

Soulid_Snake
04-17-2013, 07:53 AM
Damn, you would have thought, he would have died from a failed parkour move.

XgasmloverX
04-17-2013, 05:05 PM
ffs, Desmond is dead
he will not come back
No amount of illogical stuff Ubisoft can spew out to make some sort of excuse to bring him back, forget about Desmond coming back, but we do know his memories are uploaded (or being) into the cloud for someone to have access to.

MasterAssasin84
04-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Yeah, they should release a pic of him in a body bag with his hidden blade broken titled "End of a Journey" :p

I think that would be enough to convince everyone

Just for the Conspiracy theorists ! lool !!

http://i.neoseeker.com/n/0/acinitiatesstuff_thumb.jpg

xboxauditore
04-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Just for the Conspiracy theorists ! lool !!

http://i.neoseeker.com/n/0/acinitiatesstuff_thumb.jpg

Hmmm, A little grim, isn't it?

zerocooll21
04-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Where's my fish when i need it...

HAHAHA :p

montagemik
04-17-2013, 06:50 PM
I Can confirm - AC4:BS begins with us (the player) loggiing into our terminal at Abstergo Industries .
We access our employee user e-mails & begin reading the standard new employee induction material & general welcome to absergo guff .........
Then we begin our research / investigation into the target ancestor's memories ..................... So begins our adventure as Edward - All modern day story events are on screen e-maill & database menu & file interactions on screen for us . (no wandering around the offices) .

BUT - The new employee who's Abstergo terminal we're accessing IS BOGUS - A fake identiity & employee history planted into the Abstergo system to allow access to the archive without raising internal suspicion , Planted into the Abstergo network by DESMOND's digital ghost - So he can explore more memories searching for P.O.E / TWCB Tech that may help with the present day Juno problem.

SO The OP gets his wish - Desmond is dead - but we still play as Desmond :cool:

( This post is complete fiction & fabrication :p )

Assassin_M
04-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Who wants to bet we`ll get to hack some Abstergo ??

rob.davies2014
04-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Who wants to bet we`ll get to hack some Abstergo ??

I'm sure we'll receive a few emails from Erudito about "opening our eyes" and stuff like that.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Sorry, but no...

Also, Sorry again, but....the story is ridiculous and complex as it is...no need to provide more loose ends and stupid knots..

I agree, ur talking bout an Alt. Universe???? That would jus make things even more confusing

Bastiaen
04-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Has no one read my suggestion that Desmond's consciousness has been transferred into the grand temple?

FR0ZENZiNE
04-17-2013, 09:40 PM
http://youtu.be/zR6LqGg8svk?t=6m26s

^AC4 beginning

AllThatJuice
04-17-2013, 09:47 PM
I think Desmond will return in some form or another. But definitely not how the OP thinks it will happen.

silvermercy
04-17-2013, 10:31 PM
I think Desmond will return in some form or another. But definitely not how the OP thinks it will happen.
Maybe he will return as a "ghost" controlled by Juno. Scaring the bejesus out of Abstergo employees. xD

AllThatJuice
04-17-2013, 10:52 PM
Maybe he will return as a "ghost" controlled by Juno. Scaring the bejesus out of Abstergo employees. xD

I'd take that over what the OP suggested (no offence OP).

Honestly I think maybe Desmond's conciousness may still be alive via the cloud. So in a way he would be a "ghost"...With what happened with Clay, I think its possible. But unlike Clay who was restricted to that one animus, Desmond would have access to many different places (depending on how far the cloud spreads, and what devices it has access to). So maybe he could hack into systems and stuff (perhaps he could work with the hacker Erudito?)...I dunno...

silvermercy
04-18-2013, 12:30 AM
I'd take that over what the OP suggested (no offence OP).

Honestly I think maybe Desmond's conciousness may still be alive via the cloud. So in a way he would be a "ghost"...With what happened with Clay, I think its possible. But unlike Clay who was restricted to that one animus, Desmond would have access to many different places (depending on how far the cloud spreads, and what devices it has access to). So maybe he could hack into systems and stuff (perhaps he could work with the hacker Erudito?)...I dunno...
Ghost in the Machine! XD

pirate1802
04-18-2013, 05:09 AM
I'm sure we'll receive a few emails from Erudito about "opening our eyes" and stuff like that.

Didn't Darby say that the modern day protagonist will have an arc as well? I can fully see this happening. Either Erudito "opens our eyes". Or towards the end William and Co. break in and bust me out. I'm quite excited to be rescued from Abstergo lol xD

pirate1802
04-18-2013, 05:10 AM

I think it'll be (if he returns at all), as a "ghost in the machine" like 16 was. Being controlled by Juno is a little cliched and cheap.. no offense :p

monster_rambo
04-18-2013, 05:15 AM
I think it'll be (if he returns at all), as a "ghost in the machine" like 16 was. Being controlled by Juno is a little cliched and cheap.. no offense :p

subject 17 puzzles.

REAPERof-PLAGUES
04-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Well, not at first. At first we will simply be playing as Haythams dad, as if it were the present day. The game will literally be set at that time period, with Haytham as the main character, no animus involved. However at some point Haytham will stumble upon a Peace of Eden hidden by Minerva, how he finds it is left to AC4s sub games.
Minerva hid this Peace of eden to show a vision of the future, and this future is Desmonds death, the same scene we see at the end of AC3. She realises that Desmond made the wrong choice to let Juno out and wants Haythams dad to stop it.

This involves Haythams father being set a task that will make a fork in the timeline that will stop Desmonds sacrifice from ever occuring, sorta like the movie De Ja Vu, the timeline with Desmond simply vanishes.

So Desmond will look back on Haythams father and haytham will plant clues and notes for Desmond which will provide more clues on how to stop the solar flare without releasing Juno, and every time he changes something in the future, Minerva sees this change and adds it to the POE for haythams father to read, which the new Desmond then reads.

Thus we are eventually led with a universe controlleed by Minerva that eventually reaches an equillibrium and peace is restored to the AC universe, a universe where Lucy didn't die and Ubisoft gets another shot at making Vidics assassination have more class.
DESMOND IS DEAD they said you will be playing as a abstergo employee looking into his dna

TheArcaneEagle
04-18-2013, 05:49 PM
My God, let this Desmond is still alive thing go. Did you not watch the ending of AC3? Oh yeah, he died.

I know Ubisoft like to have fun and implement riddles and all that stuff, but they said multiple times and made it pretty obvious that AC3 was Desmond's last game.

Don't even think about saying 'Oh but who will we play as? It must be Desmond because who else could we play as? (playing as his father would be a joke by the way.)'
If you didn't complete the Pivot Synchronization at the end of the game, there was a hint at a new character and possibly explaining how we will have access to Desmond's memories (thus enabling us to play as Edward Kenway via another character to the power of the Animus).

Stop trying to think of ridiculous theories that he may still be alive.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Desmond is alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In our memories of course :D

STDlyMcStudpants
04-18-2013, 08:20 PM
Way to keep it spoil free guys haha.
AC 3 is still fairly new
But those who have already played, we know what happens.
If you get your moneys worth out of games you buy, you've played multiplayer.
They started to add a story to AC Revelations Multiplayer and YOU are the protagonist.
And at the end of AC3, OUR PSN name (to make it personal as possible) gets synchronized with "The Cloud"
I believe it will branch off of AC Multiplayer and it will be time for us to live our story, since Desmond ended his story.
I believe it will be in first person and similar to AC 1 when we leave and go to bed etc and will be filled with easter eggs for die hard fans to find, files to crack etc. And the way Juno looks at the screen almost at us directly, it's almost like we've been living through these memories of desmond all along anyway....but i dont think it will be introduced that way..just an observation

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
04-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Hi guys, when posting story line spoilers please ensure you use the [spoliers] tag. I have edited this in.

pirate1802
04-20-2013, 11:20 AM
My God, let this Desmond is still alive thing go. Did you not watch the ending of AC3? Oh yeah, he died.

I know Ubisoft like to have fun and implement riddles and all that stuff, but they said multiple times and made it pretty obvious that AC3 was Desmond's last game.

Don't even think about saying 'Oh but who will we play as? It must be Desmond because who else could we play as? (playing as his father would be a joke by the way.)'
If you didn't complete the Pivot Synchronization at the end of the game, there was a hint at a new character and possibly explaining how we will have access to Desmond's memories (thus enabling us to play as Edward Kenway via another character to the power of the Animus).

Stop trying to think of ridiculous theories that he may still be alive.

he's dead alright, but I'd still like to see him as a sixteen-like ghost. Maybe as a ghost he'll prove to be more interesting that when he was of flesh and bones.

RinoTheBouncer
04-20-2013, 11:22 AM
I like your story. I'd love to see Desmond back. I don't understand why some people are so mad and pressed about somebody suggesting Desmond's return. Don't like it? ignore it.