PDA

View Full Version : help with installation

xhj09
04-17-2013, 06:10 AM
hi there guys

i just bought a new pc and got far cry 3 as my gift. it took me 2 days to download the 9GB installer in Uplay and when I'm installing, i get this CRC error twice, but i ignored it.

after installation, i turned it on and play, it took more than 10 minutes at the loading screen, it is moving but it just wont complete load and then i closed it.

now when i press play, i get a message in uplay saying it wasnt installed correctly, i uninstalled. so the problem now is, where is my installer? in uplay it says 'play' instead of install. what should i do now? help please guys. thanks!

edit: ok, i restarted my uplay. now it wants me to download the freaking 9GB installer again.

smashly66
04-17-2013, 08:13 AM
Hi,
The installer is located in:

Win x64:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers\46\setup.exe

or

Win x86:
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers\46\setup.exe

But getting crc errors on original install is an indication that something didn't download correctly.
Other things that may also cause crc errors if your virus scanner or security software is interfering with the download or even the install itself.
More things that can cause crc errors are faulty memory or a hard drive with bad spots.
No much you can do but download and try again.
Not a fan of telling people to turn off security or virus software, but if this is interfering then it might be best to disable them until the game is downloaded and installed.

flybyme
04-17-2013, 10:31 AM
CRC error is a corrupt download, I'm afraid you are going too have to download it again.
:)

Renegade.TSF
04-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Check your system - remove all the crap and clean it - then make a new dl. and reinstall the game.