PDA

View Full Version : Is FC3 Blood Dragon coming out on disc?

LukeLeopard
04-14-2013, 04:16 AM
Does UBI have any plans on releasing BD on a disc?

Thanks in advance

tro-nic
04-14-2013, 04:28 AM
only on c64.. maybe amiga

LukeLeopard
04-14-2013, 04:34 AM
oh **** commodore essa

tro-nic
04-14-2013, 04:40 AM
well, and its the biggest crap ever..
btw. this is the last release of fc
they are all fired..

LukeLeopard
04-14-2013, 04:43 AM
If they don't get their poop together they deserve to burn brudda

tro-nic
04-14-2013, 04:51 AM
hehe

well blood dragqueen is ubi's poo parkour!
u know the story bout runnin out of toilet paper.. and climbin in the other stall ;P
thats nearly the same..lol

StrayDog_RR
04-14-2013, 07:28 AM
Does UBI have any plans on releasing BD on a disc?

Thanks in advance

No. Digital Download Only.

FinchysDags
04-14-2013, 07:49 PM
To put on disc, this would cost more money to manufacture and distribute. At 20 dollars or whatever Ubi are charging for Blood Dragon, I can't see Ubi forking out money and losing their profit margins by releasing on disc. In my opinion it doesn't look good enough to be classified as a disc game, it should have been an add on for FC3 Lost Expedition CD Copies rather than the rubbish 2 Lost expeditions and flare gun unlock you got with LE which was hardly a "value for money" spend considering it cost an extra 10 pounds. If anyone bought the Insane Edition, I'd like to send my condolsences to you because an extra 20 pounds/dollars for a bobblehead is a rip off in my opinion (even if you got a few extra bits of stuff in with it).

omniqix
04-15-2013, 07:53 PM
digital

am guessing also thats one of the reasons its priced low, less production costs

Edit: actually it does come out in physical for PC

XAFAfterShock
04-16-2013, 06:13 PM
To put on disc, this would cost more money to manufacture and distribute. At 20 dollars or whatever Ubi are charging for Blood Dragon, I can't see Ubi forking out money and losing their profit margins by releasing on disc. In my opinion it doesn't look good enough to be classified as a disc game, it should have been an add on for FC3 Lost Expedition CD Copies rather than the rubbish 2 Lost expeditions and flare gun unlock you got with LE which was hardly a "value for money" spend considering it cost an extra 10 pounds. If anyone bought the Insane Edition, I'd like to send my condolsences to you because an extra 20 pounds/dollars for a bobblehead is a rip off in my opinion (even if you got a few extra bits of stuff in with it).

I agree, I can't believe they are actually charging $ for this crap and even worse people are excited to pay ubisoft to **** on them again. This must be some low budget attempt at distracting people from the fact that in less than a year they have manage to kill off a major title. <CONGRATS>

Mr_Shade
04-16-2013, 06:40 PM
No. Digital Download Only.

Sorry but that's not strictly correct..

PC - available both via Digital download AND boxed retail [disc] - please check retailers for availability in your region - also contains soundtrack from certain retailers.

PS3 /Xbox - digital download via the consoles store.

Hope that helps :)

I suggest you calm down and wait for reviews - before slating something that is not yet released.

RAPXTOR
04-17-2013, 05:21 PM
I agree, I can't believe they are actually charging $ for this crap and even worse people are excited to pay ubisoft to **** on them again. This must be some low budget attempt at distracting people from the fact that in less than a year they have manage to kill off a major title. <CONGRATS>

I couldnt agreed more, its sad to see/read all the flaming posts in the farcry 3 forum, then look some of the people are preparing them selfs for the second round, if you want to support this kind of behiavor, you all lose the right to complain.

TheHade
04-19-2013, 07:12 AM
At the very end of the European version of the "Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - Michael Biehn is Sergeant Rex Power Colt"-video there's an ad for the exclusive retail edition of the game (PC DVD-ROM plus soundtrack CD & poster!): It'll be released for PC only on May 3rd.
See for yourself at www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5JoVwsuqN8#t=3m02s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5JoVwsuqN8#t=3m02s), please!
The problem is: So far I cannot seem to find this retail edition available anywhere ... :( So, if anybody finds a UK source, I'd love for you to share it with me, please! Thanks a lot in advance!

omniqix
04-28-2013, 12:56 AM
someone posted this on Steam:

I just got my hands on the hard copy, It includes a CD with the original soundtrack and a poster. Unlockable objects with Uplay (I think the steamversion will also be Uplay linked), Blood dragon main theme (wallpaper). Plus 3 exclusive tracks called; katana, power core and sloan's assault.

Here's also a picture of all the contents.
http://imgur.com/KQIiZY4

Installation goes like this, install game choose folder, start game, uplay will load, insert install keycode. Sidenote, the game loads and is playable from the box. Uplay doesn't seem to force the user to wait till the 1st.

Greets!

TheHade
04-28-2013, 08:57 AM
Interesting! I wonder where they got it from? I mean, it's supposed to be released only on May 3! :confused:

pacmanate
04-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Interesting! I wonder where they got it from? I mean, it's supposed to be released only on May 3! :confused:

There are some good retailers that give games out 5 days early sometimes ;)

omniqix
04-29-2013, 12:27 AM

also I think press gets early review copies and stuff

TheHade
04-29-2013, 07:01 AM
Such as?! :confused:
I still haven't seen any retailer offering the boxed edition at all! :(

StrayDog_RR
04-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Sorry but that's not strictly correct..

PC - available both via Digital download AND boxed retail [disc] - please check retailers for availability in your region - also contains soundtrack from certain retailers.

Ohkay sorry for the mistake.

pacmanate
04-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Such as?! :confused:
I still haven't seen any retailer offering the boxed edition at all! :(

I don't know, Im not a PC gamer :P

omniqix
04-30-2013, 07:55 PM
well I already preordered digital version but might get boxed version too since its pretty cool, if I can find it lol. Checked gamestop.com and they dont seem to have it

LukeLeopard
05-01-2013, 05:49 AM
[QUOTE=Mr_Shade;9027987]Sorry but that's not strictly correct..

Why wasn't BD released on discs for console?

Not everyone in the world has option of xbox live or fast speed internet in their area there are no alternatives besides ubi releasing blood dragon onto disc which i was looking forward to but not anymore the moment has passed.

Bethesda have a skyrim legendary edition coming soon so i'll be playing that instead.

stevenashatack
05-01-2013, 06:32 AM
all i want to know is why i can't buy the ****er on my x box. i have to wait 8 hours for gamestop to open, this sucks camel ****

pacmanate
05-01-2013, 07:29 AM
[QUOTE=Mr_Shade;9027987]Sorry but that's not strictly correct..

Why wasn't BD released on discs for console?

Not everyone in the world has option of xbox live or fast speed internet in their area there are no alternatives besides ubi releasing blood dragon onto disc which i was looking forward to but not anymore the moment has passed.

Bethesda have a skyrim legendary edition coming soon so i'll be playing that instead.

I believe it would be a complete waste of a 25GB blu ray disc, those things arent cheap. A dev said in an interview that they couldn't go over 2GB's of data.