PDA

View Full Version : How do I come up with 2 tapirs?

pxr5.1
04-13-2013, 09:07 PM
I need 2 tapirs. I came across a weapon (shotgun) and would have to trade away the one I had away (ak47) to acquire it. With 2 tapirs I could craft a larger sack (32/32 full now). Then I assume I’d just acquire the extra weapon if I had a larger sack. How do I find 2 tapirs from being where I am in the game (anywhere)?

Second, IF I did find, kill and skin them, but then die before I had time to make a larger sack, would I still the 2 tapir skins (moving on) in the game the next time I start up?

I'm in single player missions, just finished Medusa call.

RuthlessReuban
04-13-2013, 09:40 PM
I need 2 tapirs. I came across a weapon (shotgun) and would have to trade away the one I had away (ak47) to acquire it. With 2 tapirs I could craft a larger sack (32/32 full now). Then I assume Id just acquire the extra weapon if I had a larger sack. How do I find 2 tapirs from being where I am in the game (anywhere)?

Second, IF I did find, kill and skin them, but then die before I had time to make a larger sack, would I still the 2 tapir skins (moving on) in the game the next time I start up?

Loot rucksack is for items. You need Weapon holsters to carry more weapons. Tapirs can be found between Amanaki village and Mosquito Yard for example.

If you die, you will lose stuff you got after last save. So save your game (menu) or quick save (F9) and those tapir skins will remain in your inventory even if you die.

Butcherbird59
04-14-2013, 02:44 AM
There are a few missions where you can see plenty of tapirs crossing your way - you're still early at mission 6 .. the real fun comes later :)

barkatab
04-14-2013, 08:38 AM
I need 2 tapirs.
You need 4 in total, take my word for it.

I came across a weapon (shotgun) and would have to trade away the one I had away (ak47) to acquire it.
Because you only have single holster. To be able to carry 2 weapons you need a goat skin. Than you need 2 deers for 3 weapons, and 2 sharks to have 4. Anyway when you see goats - acquire 7 of them if you can, trust me for that

How do I find 2 tapirs from being where I am in the game (anywhere)?
Not far from the Amanaki village. But becareful as soon as you fire the gun the pirates are usually not far from there and they come to you in droves.

Well you out of luck. What I do every time I just did something I fast travel to the nearest post, and enter the weapon storage and sell something, anything. Than when its done the game automatically registered the change. If you do that you can get killed anytime with smile in your face.:)

I don't do mission anymore. As soon as the Amanaki outpost is freed I just ignore the missions, just roam the island, activate the towers, free all outposts and play hide and seek with the pirates. Put it simply I don't take orders.:)

Renegade.TSF
04-14-2013, 10:19 AM
And check your map - there you can see where some of the animals hang out

AndyJackson2012
04-14-2013, 11:13 AM
I need 2 tapirs. I came across a weapon (shotgun) and would have to trade away the one I had away (ak47) to acquire it. With 2 tapirs I could craft a larger sack (32/32 full now). Then I assume I’d just acquire the extra weapon if I had a larger sack. How do I find 2 tapirs from being where I am in the game (anywhere)?

Well, here is the spoiler cheat sheet but learning by your lonesome is more fun:
1, WEAPONS SLINGS, Simple 1 weapon 2nd 2 weapons (1goat), 3rd 3 weapons (2deer), 4th 4 weapons (2 sharks)

2. AMMO SLINGS 30 rounds (have), 2-Boar @ first craft loc get 4 -need them, 2-Buffalo below Amanaki outpost other side of river, 2-Tigers near Mosquito fort,

3. THROWABLE (grenades), have 2, 2-Goats, 2- Deer

4, MUNITIONS [mines/C4], 2-Goats, 2-Deer, 2- Leopards
5. WALLET - Collect $1K, 1 - Pig- $2K 2-Ostrich [cassarwary] -$4K 2-Shark [$6K} 1 HornHide- $10K
6. FUEL none 2 - dogs 2-Boar
7. SRYNGE (have 3) 1-Pig [Pigs-1stfort-5 slots], 3 dogs-7, 2 leopards 9- , BlackPanther -12 slots
7.5 ROCKET, I Deer, 4 Dingo
8. Rucksack, have 16, 2-Boar -32, 4 dingo-64, undying bear -96
CRAFTING EXTRAS: one horn buffalo at camp murder, golden tiger@ mosquito yard, undying bear @ cradle gas, the black panther is one a quest on a shack wall south of Earnharts after doing dead man quest -from Orphan point fort. The shack is below the peak near the antenna. Yellow neck Cassowary @ AM12. Blood Kamodo @ Cliff side Overlook.

Tapirs are easy to find opposite the river outside Amanaki VILLAGE (not outpost) anywhere right or left of the bridge on land, run after them and knife them to not be heard. Goats are near the trial of the rakyat above Amanaki Village, and near Ernharts downslope where river runs. Boar are available (up to 4 at the first crafting area-then as you go to collect mushrooms for Ernhart near the shack by the stream on the way to the cliff you go into the ocean at, and they are plentiful on the way to the fort south of the Mosquito fort, just go down the coast road and near the bottom they are there. Deer are lots of places but hard to get without a bow or sniper (get free SVD sniiper at the 3rd tower you unlock and there are deer at the tower. You can use the hang glider at erhharts to fly directly at the 3rd tower south of Ernharts) Fast travel back to Ernharts and get the SVD and go back and get some Deer (watch for pirates as the SVD is noisy). Dogs are everywhere near Amanaki and Dingos are plentiful near antena above Citras temple. Bear you wont find unless south of Bad town but, if you take Valsa docks fort a question mark quest appeas in Amanki and a hunter quest appears on the shack outside of Amanaki near river that has 2 bears to kill with a shotgun. sharks -just shoot them as they come near land and swim out and harvest. As you are noticing life is tough unless you have at least 2 weapons and 80 rounds of ammo and multiple health bars, The bow is great to harvest animals and take out pirates. Craft up quivers to hold more arrows. Getting the skills to harvest double plants and double skins is convienient as you can sell skins and getting twice as much makes a difference. 26 skills are unlocked after seeing citra the first time.

As has been said, if you harvest animals and craft your pouches you have to fast travel back to a gun cabinet and sell something to 'save' the game and keep what you've made, if you get killed you lose your progress and have to get more skins. Always sell everything you can to free up space in your rucksack.

pxr5.1
04-14-2013, 07:09 PM
how do yuo lear nthis, as I go along. What happened here? I have done 1 tower, at the beginning Should Igo back. Can I go back. Sell everytthing. How do I know I won't need something. Is acquired stuff dealt with automatically in such cases? Is there a Sell ALL button? Is ther ea maunual somnewher?. I have seen tapirs before is All seen before available to quick Travel back to?

AndyJackson2012
04-14-2013, 08:41 PM
how do yuo lear nthis, as I go along. What happened here? I have done 1 tower, at the beginning Should Igo back. Can I go back. Sell everytthing. How do I know I won't need something. Is acquired stuff dealt with automatically in such cases? Is there a Sell ALL button? Is ther ea maunual somnewher?. I have seen tapirs before is All seen before available to quick Travel back to?

Once you climb a tower and unlock it the map for that area is made visible when you hit "M" for map. The areas that the animals are in will have the animals symbol. If you select that animal and left mouse click it, it will put a bracket around it (like when you fast track-teleport to a location) and the direction to the bracketed area will show up on your minimap (the small circle map @ lower left corner) so you can walk in that direction and get there.
The towers that have not been unlocked will have nothing visible on the main map but the location of the tower will be on the map- highlight it and walk stealthily over to it and climb it and get free weapons, XP points (which add up to give you "Skill" points) and make the area show up on the main map. If you hit the "ESC" key (on your keyboard) you can read the handbook (gives statistics @ bottom, and your progress) and get game play info - a limited sort of manual.. You sell your collection at the gun cabinet (iin the beginning it's at the store where you got the .45 pistol) later it's at the fast track location in Amanaki village and every other fast track (Yellow square on map) location. There is a quick sell option at the bottom after going to the gun cabinet and hitting the "$" in the upper right corner. That will sell all the material collected from loot chests and looting dead pirates. You can click on leaves or skins and sell them for $ (but you want to keep the skins you need to craft more pouches). The white leaves are worth $10 so collect and sell them. Basically, you go on "walkabout" and explore the world and stay off the roads and in the bushes and you can survive quite easily. Shooting things without a silencer will bring pirates so, always kill one animal and skin it immediately and then run off to another spot before the pirates show up. If you try and shoot 2 and wait to skin them you will have trouble finding the dead animals and if too much time passes the computer just removes them anyway, even if they are laying in the middle of a road, they will be gone later.

pxr5.1
04-14-2013, 09:48 PM
thanks, let me digest