PDA

View Full Version : AC4 potential

bongomast3r
04-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Each iteration of Assassin's Creed has been significantly better than the last, at least in terms of gameplay mechanics and variety, animation, graphics and scope.
It's getting closer and closer to being a 10/10 title (if it wasn't already there), much like the next GTA is always guaranteed to be stellar. I would go so far as to say that if Ubisoft nail the following items for AC4, it will be pretty much perfect:

* Naval aspect: the naval portion of AC3 was amazingly well done for a game with its roots in parkour & melee combat. I'm glad Ubisoft have recognised that they were onto a good thing here and allowing us to jump to and from ships for more opportunities. Also free-roam sailing to islands, then hopping off to explore would be great.
* Swimming: swimming animations were still very stiff and awkward in AC3. AC4 seems to have a much greater focus on water and swimming (including underwater movement) and water-based kills. Hopefully enemies and NPCs can swim this time!
* Flail weapon category: a new weapon class that is overdue, which would open up a number of sweet new moves. This would include chains, rope darts, ball & chains, etc.
* Better gun control: especially notable on PC, the aiming of guns and the bow was clumsy. You need to be able to hold a button to draw and aim your shooter, and THEN fire at a click of the mouse. Pressing Q to start a 1-2 second animation of firing doesn't cut it.
* Likeable main character: Connor's background and upbringing had tremendous potential for a cool protagonist, but unfortunately he had the personality of a door. Pirates were notorious scalliwags, so here's hoping they create an interesting protagonist for AC4, without falling in the trap of making a cheesy Cap'n Jack Sparrow rip-off.
* Quality over quantity in cities: I know it saves a lot of time and money by replicating "Jimmy's Pub" 50 times over throughout the city, but maybe have your artists design a few different signs so that we don't suffer from too much deja vu, even if this means you have to focus efforts on slightly smaller cities.

AjinkyaParuleka
04-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Amen on 1,3,6
On Swimming,Yeah,I want npcs to swim too,In AC universe Ezio,Connor and Eddie are the only ones who swim.
On gun controls,I see pirates with 4 guns,if they don't use it I am gonna burn ubisoft down.
Connor>>>>>>Ezio.

bongomast3r
04-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Oh, I forgot one (or two) more that I meant to mention:

* Rope parkour & physics:Ships and the pirate world have a lot of ropes & chains hanging about in the environment. I think it's time the AC series utilises this with the parkour, complete with dynamically swinging ropes that should allow more freedom of movement when free-running. They have material/cloth physics looking good, so I'm sure Ubi could do rope physics. Speaking of physics:

*Water physics: need improvement, such as 3D splashes and ripples, not just cheap sprites. Again, see swimming^.

At least half of these points are seemingly already being addressed (given the setting they have chosen). Looking forward to what they come up with!

H3ADSH0T09
04-17-2013, 04:30 AM
Please make it so the enemy have health because its not fun when it takes like 6 hits to kill some one like assassins creed 3 i like the fighting in Assassins creed 2 revaltions it was more fun

Free_Hidings
04-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Please make it so the enemy have health because its not fun when it takes like 6 hits to kill some one like assassins creed 3 i like the fighting in Assassins creed 2 revaltions it was more fun

Are you touched in the head?! AC2 had the worst combat. Slash slash slash slash slash kill. Or counter. ACB and R improved it slightly with the killstreaks, meaning it wasn't quite as mind numbingly boring. But AC3 is better in every way! The only possible rival would be AC1 but in my opinion AC3 has that beat in most respects anyway