PDA

View Full Version : Where is the downloaded game saved to your hard drive?l

Yogi620
04-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi All,

I recently downloaded AC3 (15gb) and it appeared in 'my games' on Uplay. I want to be able to save the download in case I need to re-install it without having to re-download it but I cannot find any evidence of the original download on my system.

UBI says it would be downloaded to the location set up in my browser but it didn't download there.
I have run a search on my entire computer (4 drives) by date and file size - nothing
System set to show hidden files - nothing
I've checked all temp locations - nothing

I did install the game and it works fine and wondered if the installer had deleted the downloaded file after the installation but I don't think it does as the game 'update' file was downloaded and remained on my system after the update had been applied.

I checked the location where the update had downloaded to in the hope that the original downloaded game file was there but it wasn't.

If I uninstall the game would I be able to re-download?

thanks for any help

yogi62

eurasta
04-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Hi All,

I recently downloaded AC3 (15gb) and it appeared in 'my games' on Uplay. I want to be able to save the download in case I need to re-install it without having to re-download it but I cannot find any evidence of the original download on my system.

UBI says it would be downloaded to the location set up in my browser but it didn't download there.
I have run a search on my entire computer (4 drives) by date and file size - nothing
System set to show hidden files - nothing
I've checked all temp locations - nothing

I did install the game and it works fine and wondered if the installer had deleted the downloaded file after the installation but I don't think it does as the game 'update' file was downloaded and remained on my system after the update had been applied.

I checked the location where the update had downloaded to in the hope that the original downloaded game file was there but it wasn't.

If I uninstall the game would I be able to re-download?

thanks for any help

yogi62

well i may be know wrong but uplay steam origin . these programs download the game completely . not the game setup files . so you cant find installation files i think :|

Yogi620
04-13-2013, 04:51 PM
well i may be know wrong but uplay steam origin . these programs download the game completely . not the game setup files . so you cant find installation files i think :|

I appreciate the feedback but I couldn't even find ANY downloaded files? They must be on the computer initially as Uplay knows when the download completes and asks if I want to install. Does that not suggests there is a full download and an installation file on my hard drive?

The game is also causing me a major headache in that he controls find my gamepad but I cannot assign any buttons. At the point of deleting the game and choosing to buy non-Ubisoft products as judging by others the support is crap anyway.

Thanks

Yogi620
04-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Started the download and then monitored the drives and folders for files size changes. Finally tracked the download folder to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers\54
It also includes an autorun.exe which may or may not delete the cache once the game has installed? If it does it would explain why I couldn't locate the files after the install completed.

My OS for those interested is Win 7 64bit

UPDATE:

Having re-downloaded the game I then copied the installation files to a separate HDD after which I installed the game. I can now confirm that the installer does indeed remove the installation files from the '54' folder after the game has fully installed. So if you want to be able to re-install the game for whatever reason make sure you save the files first!